Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Sornieth Zodiac Event Final Rounds!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 26 27
@vegastellaris Thank you!

To answer your question, it was me kind of wanting to go in order by the month a given element has their elemental holiday but then I scrapped that thought entirely because it leads to complete nonsense. For example, the two January signs Aquarius and Capricorn--two signs that could be Icewarden's, but neither of them are water signs.

So I went instead with a paradigm based on the four base astrological elements (which conveniently match up to the First Four) and applied the sign to a given element according to Cardinal, Mutable, or Fixed attributes this simplified typing:

Cardinal: Independent + Ambitious v Inconsiderate + Hasty
Fixed: Stable + Determined v Egotistical + Stubborn
Mutable: Adaptable + Versatile vs Unreliable + Inconsistent

The Cardinals naturally match up to the First Four, but choosing the Fixed V Mutables for each all have the own logic.

Light is a almost always a byproduct of heat, and Nature thrives with heat and light, so both those elements went under Fire. Shadow and Plague require physical forms--material to obstruct light and to infect, so they went under the Earth sign. Lightning and Arcane are Air signs because the fore is a literal sky element and the latter is a more romantic 'air as the heavens' interpretation. Water signs are probably the most obvious, so yeah :>

Hope that answers your question! I had a lot of fun brainstorming on it so feel free to ask me anything else!
@vegastellaris Thank you!

To answer your question, it was me kind of wanting to go in order by the month a given element has their elemental holiday but then I scrapped that thought entirely because it leads to complete nonsense. For example, the two January signs Aquarius and Capricorn--two signs that could be Icewarden's, but neither of them are water signs.

So I went instead with a paradigm based on the four base astrological elements (which conveniently match up to the First Four) and applied the sign to a given element according to Cardinal, Mutable, or Fixed attributes this simplified typing:

Cardinal: Independent + Ambitious v Inconsiderate + Hasty
Fixed: Stable + Determined v Egotistical + Stubborn
Mutable: Adaptable + Versatile vs Unreliable + Inconsistent

The Cardinals naturally match up to the First Four, but choosing the Fixed V Mutables for each all have the own logic.

Light is a almost always a byproduct of heat, and Nature thrives with heat and light, so both those elements went under Fire. Shadow and Plague require physical forms--material to obstruct light and to infect, so they went under the Earth sign. Lightning and Arcane are Air signs because the fore is a literal sky element and the latter is a more romantic 'air as the heavens' interpretation. Water signs are probably the most obvious, so yeah :>

Hope that answers your question! I had a lot of fun brainstorming on it so feel free to ask me anything else!
Gen1 Quest:
Midnight/Midnight/Seafoam Male
Wine/Wine/light green range
^
^
Gen1 Quest:
@mangoramune
This lore event thing you have going on sounds really interesting!!
I'd love to be on the pinglist if you would add me :)
(your un sounds delicious btw)
@mangoramune
This lore event thing you have going on sounds really interesting!!
I'd love to be on the pinglist if you would add me :)
(your un sounds delicious btw)
76px-Shadow_KHREC.png 86px-Shadow_KHD.png
@Terato Thanks, you've been added to the pinglist!
(And it's very good, it was my favorite as a teenager)
@Terato Thanks, you've been added to the pinglist!
(And it's very good, it was my favorite as a teenager)
Gen1 Quest:
If this is in alignment to the real star signs...scorpio is water...not earth <w<? The Manticore should be replaced by a scorpion. The star sweeper replaced by a fish familiar or two. And the billy, faun or capricat should take the scorpion's place and become capricorn?

If not then ignore this lol
If this is in alignment to the real star signs...scorpio is water...not earth <w<? The Manticore should be replaced by a scorpion. The star sweeper replaced by a fish familiar or two. And the billy, faun or capricat should take the scorpion's place and become capricorn?

If not then ignore this lol
Jd88XNq.png
5hF3FGk.png
1BvAGFb.png
BTRr72z.png
XlHqN6d.png
nWiQNX9.png
M5XJPox.pngIDESRiU.pngInferno-pin-100x100.pngRS4uSiv.pngM5XJPox.png
JvUa9ma.png
uFMfy5S.png
woVoZAh.png
YMPbu9R.png
@Mangoramune
Am a Gemini myself, though a shadow :)
May I be added to the pinglist?
@Mangoramune
Am a Gemini myself, though a shadow :)
May I be added to the pinglist?
The band on the wound eventually falls
I’ve been on it in a hurry, but it’s not long before I get back on it

- stray kids ‘streetlight’
@Mangoramune I'd like to be added to the ping list, please!
@Mangoramune I'd like to be added to the ping list, please!
MiowxPk.gif NNGMvB2.pngwwQtqt8.png
@Mangoramune

Wow, this is awesome! Pinglist please?
@Mangoramune

Wow, this is awesome! Pinglist please?
tumblr_pb04puzMLY1wvvm88o4_100.pngaQTk6ad.png
@BlazeWolf
@Harana
@LadyFairchild

You've all been added to the pinglist~!
@BlazeWolf
@Harana
@LadyFairchild

You've all been added to the pinglist~!
Gen1 Quest:
@Mangoramune Hey can you ping me for updates? This looks wild!
@Mangoramune Hey can you ping me for updates? This looks wild!
dNCLmdm.png u Spreadsheet Enthusiast u My tools website
u Wishlist u CC Free Bio Resources
u My suggestions u Offsite Tools Masterlist
-
- Please pick dragons from my hibden for forum games! -
I subscribe to every thread I make.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 26 27