Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Favorite naming schemes?
1 2 3
When I joined I named most of my dragons after fruits, and sometimes I still do (Peaches, Pears, Honeymelon, Braeburn, Shizuka, etc.)
What's also fun is naming them after gods, especially Norse ones, they have such fun names (Frigg, Odin, Eir, Iris)
And sometimes I just like to name them after what they look like (Trifid- Trifid Nebula, Chiroptera- Order of bats, Grandiloquent- Grandiose or flashy, Kerberos- Pluto's moon, etc)
What about you guys? Got any pattern you follow when naming dragons?
When I joined I named most of my dragons after fruits, and sometimes I still do (Peaches, Pears, Honeymelon, Braeburn, Shizuka, etc.)
What's also fun is naming them after gods, especially Norse ones, they have such fun names (Frigg, Odin, Eir, Iris)
And sometimes I just like to name them after what they look like (Trifid- Trifid Nebula, Chiroptera- Order of bats, Grandiloquent- Grandiose or flashy, Kerberos- Pluto's moon, etc)
What about you guys? Got any pattern you follow when naming dragons?
82yGJuK.pngcbQdPvX.pngKEQAerK.pngVM11E.gif
Gonna sound stupid, but I sometimes follow my name patterns from DST-shipwrecked, seasons and sometimes items and characters. It's how I got the idea for Monsoon and Hurricane xD

But usually I do random name generator until something spikes my interests.
Gonna sound stupid, but I sometimes follow my name patterns from DST-shipwrecked, seasons and sometimes items and characters. It's how I got the idea for Monsoon and Hurricane xD

But usually I do random name generator until something spikes my interests.
All of my dragons have science-themed names. Where I got really creative was in some of the offspring lists. For example, PuerperalFever and Morula have offspring that all have OB-GYN-themed names. Lysine has all amino acid-named offspring. Dextrose has offspring with sugar names. CardiacTamponade and Digoxin have offspring that have cardiology/heart-related names. (I especially enjoyed the dragons named STEMI and NSTEMI.) I don't have any room in my lair to hatch eggs anymore, so I don't breed. (I don't want to spend almost 500K treasure on a lair expansion.) Otherwise, I'd still be thinking of clever, new names for the offspring lists.
All of my dragons have science-themed names. Where I got really creative was in some of the offspring lists. For example, PuerperalFever and Morula have offspring that all have OB-GYN-themed names. Lysine has all amino acid-named offspring. Dextrose has offspring with sugar names. CardiacTamponade and Digoxin have offspring that have cardiology/heart-related names. (I especially enjoyed the dragons named STEMI and NSTEMI.) I don't have any room in my lair to hatch eggs anymore, so I don't breed. (I don't want to spend almost 500K treasure on a lair expansion.) Otherwise, I'd still be thinking of clever, new names for the offspring lists.
SunsetMagnum.jpgFjgpNYm.png1j6wDhn.pngreHWBXk.png
Generic Names
Generic Names
cowfish.gif
Mine tend to be astronomical objects, deities/folklore, or water-related terms (nautical, ocean animals, sea monsters, bodies of water, etc).
Mine tend to be astronomical objects, deities/folklore, or water-related terms (nautical, ocean animals, sea monsters, bodies of water, etc).
Sparklers Stardust Sap Lamp Livewire Endlers
chinese names. something pretty with meaning, usually. i also like to name them after biblical figures.
chinese names. something pretty with meaning, usually. i also like to name them after biblical figures.
Shattered Glass
|[skins]les chats'
|[$]art shop
|aesthetic™ busts
|100 eggs quest
translate related word into japanese, find translation that sounds pretty enough, type in name
translate related word into japanese, find translation that sounds pretty enough, type in name
J9GEzlP.png

marketplace/mp
he/she
art ^ skins ^ buying fod nests
I also love god naming schemes, though you wouldn't know it by looking at most of my current dragons.

I have a bad habit of reverting to 1950's era housewife names when I don't have any ideas. Betty, Gertrude, Alma... the list goes on. My fountain of outdated women's names is infinite.
I also love god naming schemes, though you wouldn't know it by looking at most of my current dragons.

I have a bad habit of reverting to 1950's era housewife names when I don't have any ideas. Betty, Gertrude, Alma... the list goes on. My fountain of outdated women's names is infinite.
uzzblC8.png
I've named mine after gems and minerals. Which I know a lot of people do, which is why I'm proud of having some more obscure names in the bunch, rather than all generic ones everyone knows.

But I do have a few names that aren't gems and minerals, e.g. Nadra, Galahad, Oberon, Titania..
I've named mine after gems and minerals. Which I know a lot of people do, which is why I'm proud of having some more obscure names in the bunch, rather than all generic ones everyone knows.

But I do have a few names that aren't gems and minerals, e.g. Nadra, Galahad, Oberon, Titania..
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
The way my lore is set up is that I have different Clans in different territories across Sornieth, and their stories intertwine.

The dragons from the kingdom in Ice territory have names that seem almost Icelandic, kind of like they're trying to emulate some northern language- ex. Asafiev, Reyft (Reyftzhehendren), and Karg (Kargyzgzy).

The Water dragons have names based on various mythical Greek sea deities and monsters (ex. Ceto, Amphitrite, Akheilos)

Shadow dragons have names from various horror literature (ex. Raven + Nevermore from The Raven, and I also used to have a dragon named Montresor, from The Cask of Amontillado)

Arcane dragons are named after celestial bodies and constellations, gemstones, or Latin words. (Ex. Hyperion, Iolite, Arrossire, Carina, Quasar, Nares, Praecanta.) It's a bit more diverse because Arcane encompasses a wider variety of themes.

I tried to give each Flight a different schemes to show regional differences in culture between flights. :)
The way my lore is set up is that I have different Clans in different territories across Sornieth, and their stories intertwine.

The dragons from the kingdom in Ice territory have names that seem almost Icelandic, kind of like they're trying to emulate some northern language- ex. Asafiev, Reyft (Reyftzhehendren), and Karg (Kargyzgzy).

The Water dragons have names based on various mythical Greek sea deities and monsters (ex. Ceto, Amphitrite, Akheilos)

Shadow dragons have names from various horror literature (ex. Raven + Nevermore from The Raven, and I also used to have a dragon named Montresor, from The Cask of Amontillado)

Arcane dragons are named after celestial bodies and constellations, gemstones, or Latin words. (Ex. Hyperion, Iolite, Arrossire, Carina, Quasar, Nares, Praecanta.) It's a bit more diverse because Arcane encompasses a wider variety of themes.

I tried to give each Flight a different schemes to show regional differences in culture between flights. :)
dZt4vS2.gifnMkuik2.gifQmM334w.pngaNZoV0I.png
RingsofSaturn
WIP Lore
•Arcane Flight
•FR +3
•They/she
1 2 3