Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Wait so.... (Notn)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
:D We really like the idea of it. Virtually all breeds are originally from a certain element so some of them are bound to be treated differently and things end up a bit uneven. See Imps, WCs, some flights getting two breeds before others get one. We don't think that's a reason to end or change a really fun event. Instead why don't we wait and see if other new breeds get similar cool stuff for their releases :D
:D We really like the idea of it. Virtually all breeds are originally from a certain element so some of them are bound to be treated differently and things end up a bit uneven. See Imps, WCs, some flights getting two breeds before others get one. We don't think that's a reason to end or change a really fun event. Instead why don't we wait and see if other new breeds get similar cool stuff for their releases :D
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
NotN is fun! It adds a lot of incentive to log on every day for the duration of the event, and as someone who's here every day anyway I love having extra stuff to do. Plus, it's the time of year when I make the most treasure. :') I'm so-so on Nocturnes and not a fan of the Shadow aesthetic but NotN is my favorite FR event, and changing it to be differently themed is unnecessary (and I think the lore of it is cool).
NotN is fun! It adds a lot of incentive to log on every day for the duration of the event, and as someone who's here every day anyway I love having extra stuff to do. Plus, it's the time of year when I make the most treasure. :') I'm so-so on Nocturnes and not a fan of the Shadow aesthetic but NotN is my favorite FR event, and changing it to be differently themed is unnecessary (and I think the lore of it is cool).

sup, i'm alex
qjWV0vY.png
06xk8gV.png
FlMK7kZ.png
JvUa9ma.png
vWMuYyj.png
It does feel shadowy, and I'm not really a fan of Nocturnes
Still I don't mind, I look forward to it
NotN is generally fun, that's all I care for
It does feel shadowy, and I'm not really a fan of Nocturnes
Still I don't mind, I look forward to it
NotN is generally fun, that's all I care for
qR6otwA.png
[quote name="Tinytalkingtina" date="2018-12-04 20:21:42" ] You wanna boycott a festival for a silly reason go ahead, I'll be over here making a lot of treasure off of it :D [/quote] Basically this Never understood the beef people had with NotN. Either way I feel even if it had a different aesthetic similar to another flight, or no real aesthetic at all people would still be mad. *sigh*
Tinytalkingtina wrote on 2018-12-04 20:21:42:
You wanna boycott a festival for a silly reason go ahead, I'll be over here making a lot of treasure off of it :D
Basically this

Never understood the beef people had with NotN. Either way I feel even if it had a different aesthetic similar to another flight, or no real aesthetic at all people would still be mad. *sigh*
~*My g1s for sale*~
She/Her
Baby bat goth
Chat with me anything Undertale/Deltarune
My avatar dragon (click)
Staff- *Makes a two week event for those who have nothing to do on or dont celebrate christmas where you can get hundreds of nocturne eggs and breed change scrolls as well as new apparel and familiars and get rich/do mass hatches*

Some salty people- EXcUsE mE ThiS iS PreTty mUcH a SecOnD shaDoW fEstivAl aNd iM oFfenDed!1!11111!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaalrighty then
Staff- *Makes a two week event for those who have nothing to do on or dont celebrate christmas where you can get hundreds of nocturne eggs and breed change scrolls as well as new apparel and familiars and get rich/do mass hatches*

Some salty people- EXcUsE mE ThiS iS PreTty mUcH a SecOnD shaDoW fEstivAl aNd iM oFfenDed!1!11111!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaalrighty then
WBsJuD1.pngiQrvnPv.pngfvfrO0T.pngg2TOb2t.pngzy5WGDV.png
@Loblolly [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/9d38382a08c9c76405b087374273818c/tumblr_pj93uhaQxG1u20tns_1280.jpg[/img] Like this and I put up a thread in suggestions as well I’ll continue adding to as I work on it. But yes all the NOtN stuff and eggs would still be available just a more winter or all breed inclusive banner and lore
@Loblolly
tumblr_pj93uhaQxG1u20tns_1280.jpg

Like this and I put up a thread in suggestions as well I’ll continue adding to as I work on it. But yes all the NOtN stuff and eggs would still be available just a more winter or all breed inclusive banner and lore
4xTBSTZ.png
Nah. I don't wanna see other breeds get showcased on the Night of the Nocturne. It's not called the Night of the Nocturne, Pearlcatcher, Skydancer, Bogsneak, and Mirror. And it's literally the only time we can get the Nocturne eggs or scrolls. We can get all the other ones all year long, minus Wildclaws, which can technically be cycled in at any point in time anyway. Other breeds get in the announcement banners, other breeds get their own site function representatives, other breeds get plenty of festival skins, and other breeds have all their own lore that doesn't revolve around this specific holiday. I'm not into putting them where they don't belong.
Nah. I don't wanna see other breeds get showcased on the Night of the Nocturne. It's not called the Night of the Nocturne, Pearlcatcher, Skydancer, Bogsneak, and Mirror. And it's literally the only time we can get the Nocturne eggs or scrolls. We can get all the other ones all year long, minus Wildclaws, which can technically be cycled in at any point in time anyway. Other breeds get in the announcement banners, other breeds get their own site function representatives, other breeds get plenty of festival skins, and other breeds have all their own lore that doesn't revolve around this specific holiday. I'm not into putting them where they don't belong.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
its a good & fun event. i dont see any problem with it

also calling it rude to other breeds is weird. encouraging users to use other parts of the site that doesn't require you to pay for it is good
its a good & fun event. i dont see any problem with it

also calling it rude to other breeds is weird. encouraging users to use other parts of the site that doesn't require you to pay for it is good
JD4sPWX.gif
I personally enjoy that it's not winter themed. First of all half the world are in Summer right now. I get that can also be argued that they're "not having the shortest day" either. But night is still something everyone across the planet can relate with.
I also kind of get bored of winter when every single site or game has winter based events going on. There's only so much snow or winter related stuff you can look at before it gets overdone/unoriginal. So it's really refreshing to me that a site took an entirely different route with it.

So for me, Night of the Nocturne is pretty refreshing and something everyone can look forward too.
I personally enjoy that it's not winter themed. First of all half the world are in Summer right now. I get that can also be argued that they're "not having the shortest day" either. But night is still something everyone across the planet can relate with.
I also kind of get bored of winter when every single site or game has winter based events going on. There's only so much snow or winter related stuff you can look at before it gets overdone/unoriginal. So it's really refreshing to me that a site took an entirely different route with it.

So for me, Night of the Nocturne is pretty refreshing and something everyone can look forward too.
QmKcqUf.png
I feel like this is a really big non-issue.

NotN was made to give people a break during Christmas time. Its two weeks because people dont have as much grind time around the holidays, and its not a normal festival in case people dont have any time to grind at all. after all, it would be unfair to give one of the flights their elemental holiday during a time of the year when most are too busy to be on fr much. so instead of just making december a really boring month where nothing happens, we have a special holiday with lots of fun special stuff.

it is themed around night, not really the shadow aesthetic. shadow is usually glowy stuff and thorns in darkness, notn is just regular old night. plus it gives no benefits to the shadow flight. shadow doesnt take dom, there are no bonuses for gathering in shadow specifically, shadow fest currency doesnt appear, no festive favors stand, all that.

saying ts unfair to the other breeds is kind of silly. no one likes nocs better than the others just because nocs are holiday exclusives. you might as well say that smirch dropping only during notn isnt fair to the other genes. or maybe wildclaw scrolls only being available for a limited time each year is unfair to the other breeds, or imps not having s scroll is unfair to the others, or etc etc.

the site cant have a holiday for every single gene breed and color on the site. wed end up with nothing but holidays every day of the year.
I feel like this is a really big non-issue.

NotN was made to give people a break during Christmas time. Its two weeks because people dont have as much grind time around the holidays, and its not a normal festival in case people dont have any time to grind at all. after all, it would be unfair to give one of the flights their elemental holiday during a time of the year when most are too busy to be on fr much. so instead of just making december a really boring month where nothing happens, we have a special holiday with lots of fun special stuff.

it is themed around night, not really the shadow aesthetic. shadow is usually glowy stuff and thorns in darkness, notn is just regular old night. plus it gives no benefits to the shadow flight. shadow doesnt take dom, there are no bonuses for gathering in shadow specifically, shadow fest currency doesnt appear, no festive favors stand, all that.

saying ts unfair to the other breeds is kind of silly. no one likes nocs better than the others just because nocs are holiday exclusives. you might as well say that smirch dropping only during notn isnt fair to the other genes. or maybe wildclaw scrolls only being available for a limited time each year is unfair to the other breeds, or imps not having s scroll is unfair to the others, or etc etc.

the site cant have a holiday for every single gene breed and color on the site. wed end up with nothing but holidays every day of the year.
The RNG taketh, and the RNG taketh more. The RNG does not give.
Hoard style apparel guide (!image heavy!)
Small art shop!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7