Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Wait so.... (Notn)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote name="Museless" date="2018-12-05 05:03:05" ] Night of the Nocturne? More like: Festival of the Flight Rising SJWs [/quote] What in the world does this even mean... People are agreeing like it makes sense but like... what? Are we meme speaking again or am I missing something?
Museless wrote on 2018-12-05 05:03:05:
Night of the Nocturne? More like: Festival of the Flight Rising SJWs

What in the world does this even mean...

People are agreeing like it makes sense but like... what? Are we meme speaking again or am I missing something?
IT7iTv8.png
[quote name="@almightyjanitor" date="2018-12-05 15:44:31" ] If the site widely agreed that NotN is a Shadow holiday, then by dom etiquette dominance should go to shadow during it. But dom during NotN is free for all so ???????? [/quote] Wait what? You do know any flight can challenge a flight to take over dominance during another flights holiday. I hear old rumors that one of the first festivals was taken over by another flight in dominance. For instance it could be the week before ice festival and earth could decide to push and take the top of the dom board so during ices festival earth could have the top dom bonuses and ice would just be second. It can happen but for drama reasons I don’t think any flight would attempt it. (I low key want to see it happen but that’s mean..)
@almightyjanitor wrote on 2018-12-05 15:44:31:
If the site widely agreed that NotN is a Shadow holiday, then by dom etiquette dominance should go to shadow during it. But dom during NotN is free for all so ????????
Wait what? You do know any flight can challenge a flight to take over dominance during another flights holiday. I hear old rumors that one of the first festivals was taken over by another flight in dominance.

For instance it could be the week before ice festival and earth could decide to push and take the top of the dom board so during ices festival earth could have the top dom bonuses and ice would just be second. It can happen but for drama reasons I don’t think any flight would attempt it.

(I low key want to see it happen but that’s mean..)
4xTBSTZ.png
[quote name="@AlphaSobek" date="2018-12-05 16:16:20" ] [quote name="Museless" date="2018-12-05 05:03:05" ] Night of the Nocturne? More like: Festival of the Flight Rising SJWs [/quote] What in the world does this even mean... People are agreeing like it makes sense but like... what? Are we meme speaking again or am I missing something? [/quote] SJW; Social Justice Warrior, the term has went through some... eh, 'evolution', think of it like PC principal from South Park.
@AlphaSobek wrote on 2018-12-05 16:16:20:

People are agreeing like it makes sense but like... what? Are we meme speaking again or am I missing something?
SJW; Social Justice Warrior, the term has went through some... eh, 'evolution', think of it like PC principal from South Park.
[quote name="Hisagi" date="2018-12-05 16:30:43" ] [quote name="AlphaSobek" date="2018-12-05 16:16:20" ] [quote name="Museless" date="2018-12-05 05:03:05" ] Night of the Nocturne? More like: Festival of the Flight Rising SJWs [/quote] What in the world does this even mean... People are agreeing like it makes sense but like... what? Are we meme speaking again or am I missing something? [/quote] SJW; Social Justice Warrior, the term has went through some... eh, 'evolution', think of it like PC principal from South Park. [/quote] I mean... I know what the term means... that's why I'm confused... There's nothing even remotely social justy happening here... unless it's the call to have all breeds equally represented? In which case I suppose I can understand the meme connection... but it just seemed... out there I guess, idk.
Hisagi wrote on 2018-12-05 16:30:43:
AlphaSobek wrote on 2018-12-05 16:16:20:

SJW; Social Justice Warrior, the term has went through some... eh, 'evolution', think of it like PC principal from South Park.

I mean... I know what the term means... that's why I'm confused...

There's nothing even remotely social justy happening here... unless it's the call to have all breeds equally represented? In which case I suppose I can understand the meme connection... but it just seemed... out there I guess, idk.
IT7iTv8.png
*Eats popcorn as I proceed to watch the drama unfold*
*Eats popcorn as I proceed to watch the drama unfold*
For me, every day is World Kindness Day. b59f9d9c-60d2-11eb-95e1-814ec59a413c.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.gif
You know what.. We need Festivus!
You know what.. We need Festivus!
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
I'm honestly happy we get a longer and more fun festival at the end of the year! I do love the elemental festivals too, but NotN feels like a big two week party! I dont mind if it means Shadow gets a little extra love.

It's fine not to be into it, but it's here to stay and I am all here for the eggs and the randomized fun from the chests and all the cool free stuff we can get :D
I'm honestly happy we get a longer and more fun festival at the end of the year! I do love the elemental festivals too, but NotN feels like a big two week party! I dont mind if it means Shadow gets a little extra love.

It's fine not to be into it, but it's here to stay and I am all here for the eggs and the randomized fun from the chests and all the cool free stuff we can get :D
[quote name="Mystiek" date="2018-12-05 16:26:33" ] [quote name="almightyjanitor" date="2018-12-05 15:44:31" ] If the site widely agreed that NotN is a Shadow holiday, then by dom etiquette dominance should go to shadow during it. But dom during NotN is free for all so ???????? [/quote] Wait what? You do know any flight can challenge a flight to take over dominance during another flights holiday. I hear old rumors that one of the first festivals was taken over by another flight in dominance. For instance it could be the week before ice festival and earth could decide to push and take the top of the dom board so during ices festival earth could have the top dom bonuses and ice would just be second. It can happen but for drama reasons I don’t think any flight would attempt it. (I low key want to see it happen but that’s mean..) [/quote] They said "by dom etiquette" not "by site mechanics". Their point is, if the vast majority of the site considered it to be a second Shadow fest, then etiquette would dictate that Shadow take dom. Realistically though, it'd be difficult if not impossible for any flight to defeat a fest-pushing flight. Since fest-pushing flights generally have nice enough raffles to garner a bunch of support, and since any flight going against etiquette would likely not get support, it just wouldn't happen. Further, there's no reason to try to steal dom from a fest-pushing flight. The communities work so hard to run fun games and raffles for the whole rest of the site on a volunteer basis, while also raffle-receiving and participating in dom, and you'd like to see the only reward they get taken away just so that there can be drama?
Mystiek wrote on 2018-12-05 16:26:33:
almightyjanitor wrote on 2018-12-05 15:44:31:
If the site widely agreed that NotN is a Shadow holiday, then by dom etiquette dominance should go to shadow during it. But dom during NotN is free for all so ????????
Wait what? You do know any flight can challenge a flight to take over dominance during another flights holiday. I hear old rumors that one of the first festivals was taken over by another flight in dominance.

For instance it could be the week before ice festival and earth could decide to push and take the top of the dom board so during ices festival earth could have the top dom bonuses and ice would just be second. It can happen but for drama reasons I don’t think any flight would attempt it.

(I low key want to see it happen but that’s mean..)

They said "by dom etiquette" not "by site mechanics". Their point is, if the vast majority of the site considered it to be a second Shadow fest, then etiquette would dictate that Shadow take dom.

Realistically though, it'd be difficult if not impossible for any flight to defeat a fest-pushing flight. Since fest-pushing flights generally have nice enough raffles to garner a bunch of support, and since any flight going against etiquette would likely not get support, it just wouldn't happen.

Further, there's no reason to try to steal dom from a fest-pushing flight.
The communities work so hard to run fun games and raffles for the whole rest of the site on a volunteer basis, while also raffle-receiving and participating in dom, and you'd like to see the only reward they get taken away just so that there can be drama?
4NA9bEO.gif
Need an ice nest? Just send food
I train dragons! Elemental egg or 250kt/g to lvl25, 2-3 days
If you're waiting on a response, please check username spelling and ping/PM again :)
mTHWciO.gif tumblr_inline_nsthqhH2Q11s23g03_540.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7