Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | ACR: finished!
1 2 ... 93 94 95 96 97 ... 634 635
@minty

Arcane please!
@minty

Arcane please!
hatcherysig_by_darthyoda42-dclux4n.png
[b]Sprite:[/b] Arcane [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43519702] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/435198/43519702_350.png[/img] [/url] Karuk shivers. He's used to the wind, the playful, warm breezes, but it's winter, and holiday festivities are coming up. How dreadful. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39599385] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/395994/39599385_350.png[/img] [/url] "IT'S--IT'S WINTER!" Aaaaand, there's Winter. Who always gets overly hyped over winter. [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39599385] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/395994/39599385.png[/img] [/url] [nextcol]"Karuk, Karuk, it's winter, it's winter, IT'S WINTEr--"[/columns] Really, it's only Winter who prepares for winter. She decorates the whole lair with tiny lights that look REALLY cool at night, and get some flames to warm the greenhouses... Most of the time, though, the other dragons are sleeping.
Sprite: Arcane

43519702_350.png

Karuk shivers. He's used to the wind, the playful, warm breezes, but it's winter, and holiday festivities are coming up. How dreadful.

39599385_350.png

"IT'S--IT'S WINTER!"

Aaaaand, there's Winter. Who always gets overly hyped over winter.

39599385.png
"Karuk, Karuk, it's winter, it's winter, IT'S WINTEr--"

Really, it's only Winter who prepares for winter. She decorates the whole lair with tiny lights that look REALLY cool at night, and get some flames to warm the greenhouses...

Most of the time, though, the other dragons are sleeping.
@minty
Light ^^
@minty
Light ^^
yXHULpF.png Wishlist
FR+3 time
Dragons for Sale

Art Shop
FujJNYK.pngimage.pngimage.pngs16_book.pngimage.pngo290-d04-Crescentstar711.pngo484-d01-Crescentstar711.png222.pngl15_book.pngl19_01_book.pngrzj2jMv.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34443657] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/344437/34443657_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] There is always so much to do, but especially around this time of year - plants to be covered, warm clothes to bring out of storage, food to be stocked! It seems like we barely finished gathering fall leaves before everything was covered in snow!
There is always so much to do, but especially around this time of year - plants to be covered, warm clothes to bring out of storage, food to be stocked! It seems like we barely finished gathering fall leaves before everything was covered in snow!
Y5AUp2a.gif .. 9XAwiUY.png .
Never put your faith in a Prince.
When you require a miracle,
trust in a Witch.
[b]Sprite:[/b] Earth [b]Dragons Featured: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=271480&tab=dragon&did=27914449] [img]https://i.gyazo.com/e6fc31358f4889c6c732ee0cc5103c8e.png[/img][/url] [b]Tanith[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=271480&tab=dragon&did=9963648][img]https://i.gyazo.com/da482c53e6dbceba59f876c68b4b45bd.png[/img][/url] [b]Thayn[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=271480&tab=dragon&did=20118714][img]https://i.gyazo.com/c79ce8b0b3ffe8de01ed68ba4af2124a.png[/img][/url] [b]Gaius[/b] [center]~*~[/center] The snows were only just beginning to dust the southern tip of the Viridian Labyrinth, but the sight of rime and powder gleaming against the Thayn's pale green wingstones was practically tradition. Thayn cranes her neck mid-flight for the third, no fourth time to check the contents of the satchel around her neck are still in-tact. Excessive, maybe--but the supplies within were far too important to lose. Her talons click languidly against the stone floor of the next den on her route, her limbs given time to stretch and release some of the tension of her flight. The glow of the heat-ensorcelled lamps within bring a storm of colors blurring across her vision that fade to a...only slightly less painful sight. Gaius was never known for being particularly subtle, and his home reflected that. Knick-knacks and garish statues line the walls, things so gaudy that they might belong in a swindler's cart, preying on passersby to come see their wonders. Not anything quite so impressive to belong to a magician of standard--if he could be called anything of the sort. As she steps in, she snorts at the sight of a large table, covered in stacks upon stacks of scrolls, arrayed in some manner of organized madness. There is a few moments of silence, and slowly the coatl's serpentine head pokes from the center of the pile. "Thayn." He begins, huffing. "Not that I don't appreciate the pleasantries every year, but my magic is more than sufficient to carry us through whatever we might need this winter. You needn't have flown the extra way." The guardian matron paused a moment and chuckled deeply to herself, letting it spill from her maw with warm regard. "That may be so. But I know one thing your 'magic' cannot do, Gaius." "And what is that?" He squawked, feathers puffing with indignation. "Cook. For putting so much research into potions and reagants, you would think that you would be a little more ..adept at putting something so mundane as [i]food[/i] in your gullet." Gaius' eyes narrowed slowly and harshly, but he seemed to give way as the scent of salted bluegill hit his nostrils. "Fine. I need the help anyway with Laris' new... confidant in tow. She's been staying over." Thayn gave a sympathetic nod. "How is that going, by the way? Laris seems even more spooked than normal, if that's possible." The coatl squirmed out from beneath the pile of papyrus, fluttering his way toward one of the halls, where the oversized ridgeback lounged across the once carefully arranged pile of silks and furs in Laris' bedroom. "She's out. Stammered excuses and fled as soon as Zarya came in." "Give her this." Thayn reached into the knapsack with a delicate talon and produced a woven, stylized net bound in a circle by reeds and flora. "The centaur tribes use these to contain nightmares and dreams. They believe such things are made of malign entities." "Quaint. If I said this berserker was part of my nightmares, do you think it would ward [i]her[/i] away? I gather not. Still, I suppose you pick up some interesting things among the rabble." Gaius demurred, taking it carefully. "I will make sure that she gets it." Thayn quietly bowed her head, before making her way back out. There were many, many more deliveries to make tonight so that everyone could rest easily. [center]~*~[/center] Exhaustion crept through her wings as she stopped in front of Tanith's throne room. It was the dead of night now, when most hatchlings were sound asleep in their nests, and she had only just reached the last delivery. There were faster couriers, but Thayn had insisted on doing these rounds herself. It was not old age that slowed her, but an obsessive, tender care. She knew all of these dens, had watched their hatchlings grow, and knew every single one of them by name. And with every care package came gifts for the families--whether some manner of beast clan trinket, toy, or medicine--each one was tailored and selected with an almost motherly care. No one quite knew where the Dewclaw Matron had come from. When she had arrived under Tanith's service in eons past, her light-bound eyes seemed older even then. "Lord Tanith." She calls out before she raps on the chamber door. "Enter, Thayn." The voice is low, rumbling and a fraction of its usual authority and menace. As the matron enters, the warlord is tiredly reclined upon his rune-laden throne, his eyes tired but welcoming. Seemingly warmer than the norm. He seems to be regarding a peculiar flower charm wrapped about his tail that seems at odds with the usual regalia of warded iron armor. "How is your winter, milord?" "An interesting one, with our newest comrades." He offers idly, sparing a glance up to her. "Did you bring anything for me, old woman?" He cracked, in what one could almost imagine as a smile on another dragon. "It would seem my bag is empty. This has never happened before, I swear I checked it.." She dithered for a few moments. "I apologize for the inconvenience, my lord. Perhaps, if I could merely have a few hours to soothe my weary wings, I could be on my way and come back tomorrow." Tanith nodded his consent, watching her with a bemused expression, and Thayn gratefully found a space in the hall to slide down. "My thanks. While I'm here, did I tell you about Siani's nephews? The funniest thing happened on the way to their den.." She laughed, launching into the first of what would be many tales and stories, to warm the heart of the Tyrant King that evening. No possession would bring light to his holidays this year. While the bag had been empty, she had not come empty-clawed. And she would be back the next evening, as well. For as many as it took, until the snows thawed and it was time for the hunters to take wing once more to root out the Shade.
Sprite: Earth

Dragons Featured:
e6fc31358f4889c6c732ee0cc5103c8e.png
Tanith

da482c53e6dbceba59f876c68b4b45bd.png Thayn

c79ce8b0b3ffe8de01ed68ba4af2124a.png Gaius

~*~

The snows were only just beginning to dust the southern tip of the Viridian Labyrinth, but the sight of rime and powder gleaming against the Thayn's pale green wingstones was practically tradition. Thayn cranes her neck mid-flight for the third, no fourth time to check the contents of the satchel around her neck are still in-tact. Excessive, maybe--but the supplies within were far too important to lose. Her talons click languidly against the stone floor of the next den on her route, her limbs given time to stretch and release some of the tension of her flight.

The glow of the heat-ensorcelled lamps within bring a storm of colors blurring across her vision that fade to a...only slightly less painful sight. Gaius was never known for being particularly subtle, and his home reflected that. Knick-knacks and garish statues line the walls, things so gaudy that they might belong in a swindler's cart, preying on passersby to come see their wonders. Not anything quite so impressive to belong to a magician of standard--if he could be called anything of the sort. As she steps in, she snorts at the sight of a large table, covered in stacks upon stacks of scrolls, arrayed in some manner of organized madness. There is a few moments of silence, and slowly the coatl's serpentine head pokes from the center of the pile. "Thayn." He begins, huffing. "Not that I don't appreciate the pleasantries every year, but my magic is more than sufficient to carry us through whatever we might need this winter. You needn't have flown the extra way."

The guardian matron paused a moment and chuckled deeply to herself, letting it spill from her maw with warm regard. "That may be so. But I know one thing your 'magic' cannot do, Gaius."

"And what is that?" He squawked, feathers puffing with indignation.

"Cook. For putting so much research into potions and reagants, you would think that you would be a little more ..adept at putting something so mundane as food in your gullet."

Gaius' eyes narrowed slowly and harshly, but he seemed to give way as the scent of salted bluegill hit his nostrils. "Fine. I need the help anyway with Laris' new... confidant in tow. She's been staying over."

Thayn gave a sympathetic nod. "How is that going, by the way? Laris seems even more spooked than normal, if that's possible." The coatl squirmed out from beneath the pile of papyrus, fluttering his way toward one of the halls, where the oversized ridgeback lounged across the once carefully arranged pile of silks and furs in Laris' bedroom. "She's out. Stammered excuses and fled as soon as Zarya came in."

"Give her this." Thayn reached into the knapsack with a delicate talon and produced a woven, stylized net bound in a circle by reeds and flora. "The centaur tribes use these to contain nightmares and dreams. They believe such things are made of malign entities."

"Quaint. If I said this berserker was part of my nightmares, do you think it would ward her away? I gather not. Still, I suppose you pick up some interesting things among the rabble." Gaius demurred, taking it carefully. "I will make sure that she gets it."

Thayn quietly bowed her head, before making her way back out. There were many, many more deliveries to make tonight so that everyone could rest easily.
~*~

Exhaustion crept through her wings as she stopped in front of Tanith's throne room. It was the dead of night now, when most hatchlings were sound asleep in their nests, and she had only just reached the last delivery. There were faster couriers, but Thayn had insisted on doing these rounds herself. It was not old age that slowed her, but an obsessive, tender care. She knew all of these dens, had watched their hatchlings grow, and knew every single one of them by name. And with every care package came gifts for the families--whether some manner of beast clan trinket, toy, or medicine--each one was tailored and selected with an almost motherly care. No one quite knew where the Dewclaw Matron had come from. When she had arrived under Tanith's service in eons past, her light-bound eyes seemed older even then.

"Lord Tanith." She calls out before she raps on the chamber door.

"Enter, Thayn." The voice is low, rumbling and a fraction of its usual authority and menace. As the matron enters, the warlord is tiredly reclined upon his rune-laden throne, his eyes tired but welcoming. Seemingly warmer than the norm. He seems to be regarding a peculiar flower charm wrapped about his tail that seems at odds with the usual regalia of warded iron armor. "How is your winter, milord?"

"An interesting one, with our newest comrades." He offers idly, sparing a glance up to her. "Did you bring anything for me, old woman?" He cracked, in what one could almost imagine as a smile on another dragon.

"It would seem my bag is empty. This has never happened before, I swear I checked it.." She dithered for a few moments. "I apologize for the inconvenience, my lord. Perhaps, if I could merely have a few hours to soothe my weary wings, I could be on my way and come back tomorrow."

Tanith nodded his consent, watching her with a bemused expression, and Thayn gratefully found a space in the hall to slide down. "My thanks. While I'm here, did I tell you about Siani's nephews? The funniest thing happened on the way to their den.." She laughed, launching into the first of what would be many tales and stories, to warm the heart of the Tyrant King that evening. No possession would bring light to his holidays this year. While the bag had been empty, she had not come empty-clawed. And she would be back the next evening, as well. For as many as it took, until the snows thawed and it was time for the hunters to take wing once more to root out the Shade.

@minty
Light, please!
@minty
Light, please!
wq9PoXA.png
@minty
Arcane!
@minty
Arcane!
zqOZaQO.giftDeKDnH.pngXdKddgH.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38006601] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/380067/38006601_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Sorrell[/b] Sorrell shifted around under his warm blanket. It was much too cold to be productive, or at least that's what he'd tell Weiss when she came to wake him up. He didn't know how she had the energy to be bossy when the chilly winter winds were pulling closer and closer to the lair. Nevertheless, he knew the clan wouldn't be the same without any of the other dragons there, no matter how eccentric some of them could be. Sorrell burrowed deeper under his blanket until just his eyes were poking out from under it, looking amusedly at the clan elders. Kselnic was normally quite mild-mannered, but the cold weather made him cranky and he was bickering with Cole over the colour of the winter curtains. Aspen looked exasperated, gently draping a wing over Cole to calm him down. She couldn't care less what colour the curtains were. Sorrell's musing was interrupted by an icy draft as his blanket was yanked away from him. He shook himself out of his daze and rolled onto his back to identify the offender. It wasn't Weiss. When he saw Akira and Roseleaf grinning at him, he couldn't help but smile too. They were his partners in crime, after all. "You didn't forget our plan already, did you?" Roseleaf asked, her eyes darting back and forth to make sure none of the adults were paying attention. Of course! He [i]had[/i] almost forgotten. Aspen and the rest of the clan council had left then in charge of the annual winter celebration. Every year, the clan council would select a small group of young dragons to organize and host a party. There would be food and activities and speeches and the event would bring the whole clan closer together. Sorrell had only attended the winter celebration once before, a few days after joining the clan. As a winter hatchling, the celebration was one of his fondest memories and he really wanted to take this opportunity to give back to the clan. On the other hand... "It's too colddddddd!" he whined, giving Roseleaf and Akira his most pleading eyes so that maybe they would give him a few more minutes under the blanket. "Come on Sorrell, this whole plan was your idea!" Akira laughed, unrelenting. He nudged Sorrell upright and Roseleaf yanked him towards the lair celebration hall. The hall was completely bare, save for a few stray decorations that remained after the autumn celebration. Still, when Sorrell closed his eyes, he could just picture the day of the celebration. Warm food would be whisked into the hall and placed on long tables. The elders would discuss current events passionately as the hatchlings chased each other in circles. At the end of the night, Aldrym would shift his weight uncomfortably and shuffle his cue cards while delivering a well written speech. Of course Weiss would spend her evening straightening paintings and adjusting tablecloths, but he supposed every dragon's idea of a fun night was different. It was more important that the celebration encouraged a spirit of cooperation and understanding within the clan. "What are we waiting for? Let's get to work!" Sorrell marched forward with a determined look on his face. He would make sure this was the best winter celebration the clan had ever had. [b]Sprite Choice: Arcane[/b]

38006601_350.png

Sorrell

Sorrell shifted around under his warm blanket. It was much too cold to be productive, or at least that's what he'd tell Weiss when she came to wake him up. He didn't know how she had the energy to be bossy when the chilly winter winds were pulling closer and closer to the lair. Nevertheless, he knew the clan wouldn't be the same without any of the other dragons there, no matter how eccentric some of them could be.

Sorrell burrowed deeper under his blanket until just his eyes were poking out from under it, looking amusedly at the clan elders. Kselnic was normally quite mild-mannered, but the cold weather made him cranky and he was bickering with Cole over the colour of the winter curtains. Aspen looked exasperated, gently draping a wing over Cole to calm him down. She couldn't care less what colour the curtains were.

Sorrell's musing was interrupted by an icy draft as his blanket was yanked away from him. He shook himself out of his daze and rolled onto his back to identify the offender. It wasn't Weiss. When he saw Akira and Roseleaf grinning at him, he couldn't help but smile too. They were his partners in crime, after all.

"You didn't forget our plan already, did you?" Roseleaf asked, her eyes darting back and forth to make sure none of the adults were paying attention.

Of course! He had almost forgotten. Aspen and the rest of the clan council had left then in charge of the annual winter celebration. Every year, the clan council would select a small group of young dragons to organize and host a party. There would be food and activities and speeches and the event would bring the whole clan closer together. Sorrell had only attended the winter celebration once before, a few days after joining the clan. As a winter hatchling, the celebration was one of his fondest memories and he really wanted to take this opportunity to give back to the clan. On the other hand...

"It's too colddddddd!" he whined, giving Roseleaf and Akira his most pleading eyes so that maybe they would give him a few more minutes under the blanket.
"Come on Sorrell, this whole plan was your idea!" Akira laughed, unrelenting. He nudged Sorrell upright and Roseleaf yanked him towards the lair celebration hall.

The hall was completely bare, save for a few stray decorations that remained after the autumn celebration. Still, when Sorrell closed his eyes, he could just picture the day of the celebration. Warm food would be whisked into the hall and placed on long tables. The elders would discuss current events passionately as the hatchlings chased each other in circles. At the end of the night, Aldrym would shift his weight uncomfortably and shuffle his cue cards while delivering a well written speech. Of course Weiss would spend her evening straightening paintings and adjusting tablecloths, but he supposed every dragon's idea of a fun night was different. It was more important that the celebration encouraged a spirit of cooperation and understanding within the clan.

"What are we waiting for? Let's get to work!" Sorrell marched forward with a determined look on his face. He would make sure this was the best winter celebration the clan had ever had.

Sprite Choice: Arcane
IoOIjjo.png
@Ashki @FelinaeFatale @Spaarki @GryphonSong

Thank you all for joining! I have you signed up and ready to go. Sorry about the lack of PM response -- I have sent too many messages today for the spam filter!
@Ashki @FelinaeFatale @Spaarki @GryphonSong

Thank you all for joining! I have you signed up and ready to go. Sorry about the lack of PM response -- I have sent too many messages today for the spam filter!
Ice sprite As long as we have enough food, we're good. The important thing is the food. Fill that lair with food and we can hibernate all winter long. Fooooood. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31561861] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/315619/31561861_350.png[/img] [/url] [item=old world rabbit][item=red delicious apple][item=mussels][item=nymph] [item=maggot][item=ringscale arowana][item=hooded hen][item=plantain]
Ice sprite

As long as we have enough food, we're good. The important thing is the food. Fill that lair with food and we can hibernate all winter long. Fooooood.

31561861_350.png

Old World Rabbit Red Delicious Apple Mussels Nymph
Maggot Ringscale Arowana Hooded Hen Plantain
CN1WW1O.png 9.png QGlNYn8.png
1 2 ... 93 94 95 96 97 ... 634 635