Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | How do you Train Dragons to 25?
I have had my account for a good while now, but I still am struggling to train my dragons above level 7. They can never win battles in the level seven area, and grinding in lower regions doesn't increase their stats enough to make a meaningful distance. Getting to four is easy, but beyond that it feels like a losing battle, and past 7 feels impossible. Because of this I rarely exalt dragons, as buying them always leaves me at a loss, and training them takes so long that I can't imagine getting rid of the ones I have. Do any of you have any suggestions? What am I doing wrong?
I have had my account for a good while now, but I still am struggling to train my dragons above level 7. They can never win battles in the level seven area, and grinding in lower regions doesn't increase their stats enough to make a meaningful distance. Getting to four is easy, but beyond that it feels like a losing battle, and past 7 feels impossible. Because of this I rarely exalt dragons, as buying them always leaves me at a loss, and training them takes so long that I can't imagine getting rid of the ones I have. Do any of you have any suggestions? What am I doing wrong?
a witch ought never to be frightened in the darkest forest.

Shop Link: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/3126004/1#post_50939143
@BunnyOfHathor

Getting your first L25 is hard. Unless you buy one, it's a long, hard slog in the coli. If you're lucky enough to have an elim, I like this guide. If you don't have an eliminate, try the Sedona Build!
@BunnyOfHathor

Getting your first L25 is hard. Unless you buy one, it's a long, hard slog in the coli. If you're lucky enough to have an elim, I like this guide. If you don't have an eliminate, try the Sedona Build!
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
@SeaCrest

That is really frustrating... Would you say it is worth spending the money to buy one? Because I definitely don't have an eliminate.
@SeaCrest

That is really frustrating... Would you say it is worth spending the money to buy one? Because I definitely don't have an eliminate.
a witch ought never to be frightened in the darkest forest.

Shop Link: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/3126004/1#post_50939143
@BunnyOfHathor

I personally got onto FR and got several eliminates wayyyyy back in the day, when they were still cheap. There weren't as many players, and the guides were still brand spanking new - I think Culex's guide was the only one available, back then. So I've never actually bought one for myself. But for me, it's totally worth it. You can't get any better than eliminate for speed, which is what you want when you're training fodder or grinding.

Honestly, my first piece of advice is to take yourself over to the Nature Sales or Nature Dom forums and take a look around - I know most flights have some kind of L25 rental service that you could try and use to drag a couple of your dragons up to L25, and then you can stat them for Sedona so you can use them to level fodder, which you can then use to help you earn money for at least one eliminate. At that point, I would pick a dragon that is best suited as an Anticitank or a 119 STR Mire Flyer (these are my two personal favorite builds, but I haven't spent much time testing the others out) (Culex's Mire Flyer is 117 STR, but the 119 STR variant can take care of the stupid unicorns and the brilliant psywurms with a rallied eliminate, rather than having to scratch + elim them). I'd give them the elim, restat them, and then now you have a two-fodder trainer. You could use one of the spots for a permanent dragon to level to 25, and one for a fodder dragon you swap out, or you could train double fodder for maximum profit to get another elim, or whatever else you desire. But that's the route I would go, based on my experience, if I hadn't started out with elims in my pocket!

Edit to add: If you can, max out your fairgrounds every day. At current elim prices, a couple weeks of that, give or take a few days, should be enough to get you an elim without doing anything else, unless prices skyrocket again in the interim!
@BunnyOfHathor

I personally got onto FR and got several eliminates wayyyyy back in the day, when they were still cheap. There weren't as many players, and the guides were still brand spanking new - I think Culex's guide was the only one available, back then. So I've never actually bought one for myself. But for me, it's totally worth it. You can't get any better than eliminate for speed, which is what you want when you're training fodder or grinding.

Honestly, my first piece of advice is to take yourself over to the Nature Sales or Nature Dom forums and take a look around - I know most flights have some kind of L25 rental service that you could try and use to drag a couple of your dragons up to L25, and then you can stat them for Sedona so you can use them to level fodder, which you can then use to help you earn money for at least one eliminate. At that point, I would pick a dragon that is best suited as an Anticitank or a 119 STR Mire Flyer (these are my two personal favorite builds, but I haven't spent much time testing the others out) (Culex's Mire Flyer is 117 STR, but the 119 STR variant can take care of the stupid unicorns and the brilliant psywurms with a rallied eliminate, rather than having to scratch + elim them). I'd give them the elim, restat them, and then now you have a two-fodder trainer. You could use one of the spots for a permanent dragon to level to 25, and one for a fodder dragon you swap out, or you could train double fodder for maximum profit to get another elim, or whatever else you desire. But that's the route I would go, based on my experience, if I hadn't started out with elims in my pocket!

Edit to add: If you can, max out your fairgrounds every day. At current elim prices, a couple weeks of that, give or take a few days, should be enough to get you an elim without doing anything else, unless prices skyrocket again in the interim!
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
@BunnyOfHathor

An eliminate isn't strictly necessary, unless you want to spend a ton of time seriously grinding or training exalt fodder. You can get by fine with two level 25s statted under Culex's guide (without eliminates) or by using the Sedona build.

You can buy unstoned level 25s for ~200-300g in the auction house. It will cost around 100kt to stone a dragon with ambushes and berserkers. It's also worth looking through the auction house periodically for dragons with eliminates - they often sell for less than the eliminates alone.

If you want to train your own dragons to level 25, I recommend following Culex's guide. Get two dragons you like and make sure they both have Scratch (you can buy it for cheap in the AH or marketplace). Stick them with a third dragon. It will help at lower levels and absorb some enemy hits. You can exalt it when it hits level 7 or so and replace it with a new dragon. It will be slow at first, but once your training dragons hit about level 13 it won't take long to train the fodder dragon.

I recommend staying around one level higher than the venue is labelled for. It will make the battles a bit easier and faster. Note that the Scorched Forest is unusually hard for where it's located, so don't worry if things seem to slow down a bit when you first hit it. All the other venues should be smooth sailing.

Here's the simplified table I use for leveling (it follows the Culex guide linked above closely).

When your dragon hits this level, make sure you have this much QUICK:
Level 2 - 10 quick
Level 4 - 14 quick
Level 5 - 15 quick
Level 6 - 20 quick
Level 9 - 25 quick
Level 11 - 30 quick
Level 13 - 35 quick
Level 16 - 40 quick
Level 17 - 41 quick

Put every other point you can into strength. Ignore other stats.

Stones
Add elemental might fragments when the available slots open up.
Add two ambushes at level 15.
At level 17, replace all the might fragments with berserkers. This will raise your QUICK to 50.
Stick eliminates on when you can afford them OR restat to the Sedona build when you hit level 25.

@BunnyOfHathor

An eliminate isn't strictly necessary, unless you want to spend a ton of time seriously grinding or training exalt fodder. You can get by fine with two level 25s statted under Culex's guide (without eliminates) or by using the Sedona build.

You can buy unstoned level 25s for ~200-300g in the auction house. It will cost around 100kt to stone a dragon with ambushes and berserkers. It's also worth looking through the auction house periodically for dragons with eliminates - they often sell for less than the eliminates alone.

If you want to train your own dragons to level 25, I recommend following Culex's guide. Get two dragons you like and make sure they both have Scratch (you can buy it for cheap in the AH or marketplace). Stick them with a third dragon. It will help at lower levels and absorb some enemy hits. You can exalt it when it hits level 7 or so and replace it with a new dragon. It will be slow at first, but once your training dragons hit about level 13 it won't take long to train the fodder dragon.

I recommend staying around one level higher than the venue is labelled for. It will make the battles a bit easier and faster. Note that the Scorched Forest is unusually hard for where it's located, so don't worry if things seem to slow down a bit when you first hit it. All the other venues should be smooth sailing.

Here's the simplified table I use for leveling (it follows the Culex guide linked above closely).

When your dragon hits this level, make sure you have this much QUICK:
Level 2 - 10 quick
Level 4 - 14 quick
Level 5 - 15 quick
Level 6 - 20 quick
Level 9 - 25 quick
Level 11 - 30 quick
Level 13 - 35 quick
Level 16 - 40 quick
Level 17 - 41 quick

Put every other point you can into strength. Ignore other stats.

Stones
Add elemental might fragments when the available slots open up.
Add two ambushes at level 15.
At level 17, replace all the might fragments with berserkers. This will raise your QUICK to 50.
Stick eliminates on when you can afford them OR restat to the Sedona build when you hit level 25.

wvz5N8O.png 12345678901234567890 TivIzlp.png
@BunnyOfHathor Everybody's given you good advice but I did want to chime in as someone who's trained both Eliminate teams and non-Eliminate teams— I actually expected to have way more trouble than I did training up a non-Eliminate (Sedona) team from scratch. They do just fine, actually, even with my sub-optimal strength stats! IMO, Ambush is the critical stone (once you get to level 9) and makes everything far easier for any team. As a bonus, since it's a potential Pinkerton drop, it's much cheaper despite being needed for every single build.

I'd definitely recommend looking at the guides to see how to stat dragons, since Coli is very unintuitive to people used to other RPGs where you have to spread the stats more evenly.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do about training, whether it's renting, buying, or leveling up your own team!
@BunnyOfHathor Everybody's given you good advice but I did want to chime in as someone who's trained both Eliminate teams and non-Eliminate teams— I actually expected to have way more trouble than I did training up a non-Eliminate (Sedona) team from scratch. They do just fine, actually, even with my sub-optimal strength stats! IMO, Ambush is the critical stone (once you get to level 9) and makes everything far easier for any team. As a bonus, since it's a potential Pinkerton drop, it's much cheaper despite being needed for every single build.

I'd definitely recommend looking at the guides to see how to stat dragons, since Coli is very unintuitive to people used to other RPGs where you have to spread the stats more evenly.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do about training, whether it's renting, buying, or leveling up your own team!
@BunnyOfHathor, I'm just going to chime in with a lil personal advice. Firstly, if elim is too expensive I definitely recommend starting with the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2217190/1]sedona build[/url], though I don't recommend you put every single stat point into only strength and quick, as what I like about the sedona build is the survivability, namely because they are, unfortunately, significantly slower than elim builds, so if you want a chain going for better XP, they're better off being able to survive longer. Here's one of my sedonas as an example: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36475668] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/364757/36475668_350.png[/img] [/url] I levelled her and my other sedona to 25 by pairing them with a healer (Pi in my lair if you're curious.) and again, this survivability given by having a healer on board (who is also dedicated to rallying them) made the process much easier. However, if you intend to get into exalting (which can be very profitable)/dom battles/grinding the coli, I do recommend switching to an elim build. I used to be strictly against elim builds as I didn't think they were that much better than sedona, until I participated in IvL, and, after 200 gruelling levels, decided to try an elim build to see if it was any faster. I have not gone back since; with sedona, a dragon from 1 to 7 would take me a good couple minutes, and felt tedious. With Culex (the 119 STR version) it takes less than a minute per dragon, and I don't feel like fodder training is a chore anymore.
@BunnyOfHathor,

I'm just going to chime in with a lil personal advice. Firstly, if elim is too expensive I definitely recommend starting with the sedona build, though I don't recommend you put every single stat point into only strength and quick, as what I like about the sedona build is the survivability, namely because they are, unfortunately, significantly slower than elim builds, so if you want a chain going for better XP, they're better off being able to survive longer.

Here's one of my sedonas as an example:

36475668_350.png

I levelled her and my other sedona to 25 by pairing them with a healer (Pi in my lair if you're curious.) and again, this survivability given by having a healer on board (who is also dedicated to rallying them) made the process much easier.

However, if you intend to get into exalting (which can be very profitable)/dom battles/grinding the coli, I do recommend switching to an elim build. I used to be strictly against elim builds as I didn't think they were that much better than sedona, until I participated in IvL, and, after 200 gruelling levels, decided to try an elim build to see if it was any faster. I have not gone back since; with sedona, a dragon from 1 to 7 would take me a good couple minutes, and felt tedious. With Culex (the 119 STR version) it takes less than a minute per dragon, and I don't feel like fodder training is a chore anymore.
Lore
Hatchery
Dream Dragons
bepadepadept line long line short boop bepepepep
VPsWmjb.gif