Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Beastclan Fest Planning Hub
1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 38 39
@Cheshly

I'd like to host the raffle, if that's still possible. If not, I'll help whoever's hosting it.
@Cheshly

I'd like to host the raffle, if that's still possible. If not, I'll help whoever's hosting it.
@serefleur
Please excuse the fact that I completely lost your ping. I'll put you down asap!
@serefleur
Please excuse the fact that I completely lost your ping. I'll put you down asap!

Clan_Emblem_Cheshly.png

FR +3
She/Her
Clan Lore
Challenge Log
Wishlist & Goals
@NoctisNix @Cheshly @Stanzascale

First thing that needs to be cleared up is what kind of raffle we're holding. I've mentioned this a bit in discord before. I was thinking it would be nice to get everyone involved, and by this I mean all flights get to participate. Lore would tie in somehow with the theme Beastclans & Unity. Everyone coming together in a friendly, once a year, competition.
I want to mention here that we are celebrating the Beastclans and their place in FR but it doesn't necessarily mean that they have to be #1 in dominance that week. This is about uniting all flights and Beastclans.

2 ways to participate in the raffle:

- Buying tickets
- Exalting dragons

Buying Tickets
What's a fair gem:treasure ratio, and how much should we ask for the tickets?

Exalting Dragons (how to do this??)
As for exalting dragons, we will not personally accept and exalt them. Instead they will be personally entered in an easy preset form (similar to some IF raffle presets) that's linked and recorded in the spreadsheet. By exalting you are rewarded with a certain number of tickets based on the levels exalted.
The (item, dragon and service) prizes are for individual efforts, so just like a normal raffle, winners will be drawn using an rng.

Top 3 flight winners, will get a nice spiffy badge. :)

Nothing is set in stone at the moment so ideas and opinions are welcome. Let's make it great! :)

@NoctisNix @Cheshly @Stanzascale

First thing that needs to be cleared up is what kind of raffle we're holding. I've mentioned this a bit in discord before. I was thinking it would be nice to get everyone involved, and by this I mean all flights get to participate. Lore would tie in somehow with the theme Beastclans & Unity. Everyone coming together in a friendly, once a year, competition.
I want to mention here that we are celebrating the Beastclans and their place in FR but it doesn't necessarily mean that they have to be #1 in dominance that week. This is about uniting all flights and Beastclans.

2 ways to participate in the raffle:

- Buying tickets
- Exalting dragons

Buying Tickets
What's a fair gem:treasure ratio, and how much should we ask for the tickets?

Exalting Dragons (how to do this??)
As for exalting dragons, we will not personally accept and exalt them. Instead they will be personally entered in an easy preset form (similar to some IF raffle presets) that's linked and recorded in the spreadsheet. By exalting you are rewarded with a certain number of tickets based on the levels exalted.
The (item, dragon and service) prizes are for individual efforts, so just like a normal raffle, winners will be drawn using an rng.

Top 3 flight winners, will get a nice spiffy badge. :)

Nothing is set in stone at the moment so ideas and opinions are welcome. Let's make it great! :)

@serefleur I talked about some ideas with Cheshly at one point. So I'll summarise, highlighting some points. In short, we discussed lore ideas, the possibility of having sending beastclan volunteers (i.e. donating beastclan familiars) as another way of entering the raffle. Cheshly also mentioned the idea of some tickets being earned through participation in other events. I'll also note that Cheshly wasn't sure about having the dragon option at all, but, though I'm not entirely sure what your suggested solution is (I clearly haven't seen enough in-flight raffles, heh), it sounds reasonable. In that previous discussion the possibility of using a 1:900 conversion rate came up, with 1 gem/900 treasure being a possible price per ticket. The conversation was on pages 30 and 31, but I'll repost the conversation snippets. [quote name="Stanzascale" date="2018-09-15 04:46:50" ] Not entirely sure what exactly you were imagining the scenario to be, but I was imagining the warriors were needed to protect this alliance of peace-seeking beastclans from belligerent types (belligerent dragon clans seeing this as an opportunity, and followers of Talona seeing them as traitors).[/quote] [quote name="Cheshly" date="2018-09-15 07:54:56" ] You are imagining exactly what I was! Yes, treasure/gems at a rate of 900t or 1g can be used to by tickets. As you said, they will be going towards supplies! I have actually thought about whether we should accept dragons at all. As when we exalt, we cannot exalt in the name of beastclan. So instead I have been mulling over the idea that maybe tickets for this raffle can be bought or earned by participating in the events. What do you think about this?[/quote] [quote name="Stanzascale" date="2018-09-15 08:07:16" ] Hmm. Sounds good. I half-wondered about possibly having the option of sending beastclan familiar volunteers for tickets, but wasn't sure. If we move away from levelled dragons, I'd be inclined to suggest figuring a different scenario for what these donations are going towards, as opposed to directly fighting attackers. With the familiar idea, it could be that the beasts (it sounds like that's how we're referring to members of the races composing the beastclans) volunteering are being trained as ambassadors, and the money is to fund the training and any resources required (and possibly to help with their travel expenses when they travel to speak to all types of clans). I also considered the possibility that they could be working on charitable endeavours, partly to prove to the suspicious that they are sincere in their desire for peace.[/quote] [quote name="Cheshly" date="2018-09-15 08:17:23" ] I do like the idea of accepted beast familiars. There’s a couple ways we can go about that with theme too. We could play it off as sort of a peace corps we’re we are sending beasts to activiely create peace in Sornieth. They would fight back against dragonclans not willing to give beasts a chance and from beasts who have too much hatred for dragons to let them in.[/quote] [quote name="Stanzascale" date="2018-09-15 09:00:00" ] Mm, I like that idea. Potentially we can have a number of possible roles for volunteers. Partly I find it an interesting portrayal of what exalting could theoretically be like with a more peaceful Sornieth, since I recall there being some non-combatant duties some exalted take up. But avoiding overcomplicating it and picking just one main thing is perfectly fine if that's preferred.[/quote] Also, to clarify, do you mean the top three Flights to contribute the most get the bonus badges (as I hope there are other badges for everyone pitching in ^^; ), regarding what you were saying about 'top 3 flight winners'? And would that be calculated like dominance or some other way?
@serefleur

I talked about some ideas with Cheshly at one point. So I'll summarise, highlighting some points. In short, we discussed lore ideas, the possibility of having sending beastclan volunteers (i.e. donating beastclan familiars) as another way of entering the raffle. Cheshly also mentioned the idea of some tickets being earned through participation in other events. I'll also note that Cheshly wasn't sure about having the dragon option at all, but, though I'm not entirely sure what your suggested solution is (I clearly haven't seen enough in-flight raffles, heh), it sounds reasonable.

In that previous discussion the possibility of using a 1:900 conversion rate came up, with 1 gem/900 treasure being a possible price per ticket.

The conversation was on pages 30 and 31, but I'll repost the conversation snippets.
Stanzascale wrote on 2018-09-15 04:46:50:
Not entirely sure what exactly you were imagining the scenario to be, but I was imagining the warriors were needed to protect this alliance of peace-seeking beastclans from belligerent types (belligerent dragon clans seeing this as an opportunity, and followers of Talona seeing them as traitors).
Cheshly wrote on 2018-09-15 07:54:56:
You are imagining exactly what I was! Yes, treasure/gems at a rate of 900t or 1g can be used to by tickets. As you said, they will be going towards supplies! I have actually thought about whether we should accept dragons at all. As when we exalt, we cannot exalt in the name of beastclan. So instead I have been mulling over the idea that maybe tickets for this raffle can be bought or earned by participating in the events. What do you think about this?
Stanzascale wrote on 2018-09-15 08:07:16:
Hmm. Sounds good. I half-wondered about possibly having the option of sending beastclan familiar volunteers for tickets, but wasn't sure. If we move away from levelled dragons, I'd be inclined to suggest figuring a different scenario for what these donations are going towards, as opposed to directly fighting attackers. With the familiar idea, it could be that the beasts (it sounds like that's how we're referring to members of the races composing the beastclans) volunteering are being trained as ambassadors, and the money is to fund the training and any resources required (and possibly to help with their travel expenses when they travel to speak to all types of clans).

I also considered the possibility that they could be working on charitable endeavours, partly to prove to the suspicious that they are sincere in their desire for peace.
Cheshly wrote on 2018-09-15 08:17:23:
I do like the idea of accepted beast familiars. There’s a couple ways we can go about that with theme too. We could play it off as sort of a peace corps we’re we are sending beasts to activiely create peace in Sornieth. They would fight back against dragonclans not willing to give beasts a chance and from beasts who have too much hatred for dragons to let them in.
Stanzascale wrote on 2018-09-15 09:00:00:
Mm, I like that idea. Potentially we can have a number of possible roles for volunteers. Partly I find it an interesting portrayal of what exalting could theoretically be like with a more peaceful Sornieth, since I recall there being some non-combatant duties some exalted take up. But avoiding overcomplicating it and picking just one main thing is perfectly fine if that's preferred.

Also, to clarify, do you mean the top three Flights to contribute the most get the bonus badges (as I hope there are other badges for everyone pitching in ^^; ), regarding what you were saying about 'top 3 flight winners'? And would that be calculated like dominance or some other way?
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
@serefleur

Thanks for reaching out! Stanzascale has already quoted what I originally had planned for the raffle above (thank you so much for doing that by the way), but I am definitely open to changing things around and making it better!

If we could some how exalt dragons in the name of the Beastclan's I would 100% be down for that. However, since we can't I feel a little iffy on the matter. Individuals exalting their own dragons definitely makes things easier on us, and is probably the only way we could do something with exalting considering how small our group is and how limited our funds are. I am worried about letting people mark their own information in the spreadsheet though, as it is very easy for them to lie.

I would like to hear what @NoctisNix has to say about it.
@serefleur

Thanks for reaching out! Stanzascale has already quoted what I originally had planned for the raffle above (thank you so much for doing that by the way), but I am definitely open to changing things around and making it better!

If we could some how exalt dragons in the name of the Beastclan's I would 100% be down for that. However, since we can't I feel a little iffy on the matter. Individuals exalting their own dragons definitely makes things easier on us, and is probably the only way we could do something with exalting considering how small our group is and how limited our funds are. I am worried about letting people mark their own information in the spreadsheet though, as it is very easy for them to lie.

I would like to hear what @NoctisNix has to say about it.

Clan_Emblem_Cheshly.png

FR +3
She/Her
Clan Lore
Challenge Log
Wishlist & Goals
@Stanzascale @Cheshly @NoctisNix

It's a good idea to earn tickets via other events planned during the festival. Interlinking the activities will get us more people (and hopefully the other way around as well). I'm not sure about receiving bc familiars as a form of payment. I'd rather keep it as straightforward and as simple as possible, 2 (maybe 3) ways of earning tickets. And in addition with an element of competition?

At first I was also thinking of how to get BC in first place, that is sadly with how FR works atm definitely not an option. Instead I think we have to approach this with an open mind. Beastclans are equal to the other flights. Which can be lore translated as all flights and the BCs facing each other in the arena for a friendly match. December month uniting everyone?

I realize dom seems to be in favour of certain flights hence the idea of badges as compensation, instead of monetary rewards. In addition, Stanzascale, badges won't be rewarded only to the top 3 flights. I thought we can distinguish 2 categories. Dom top 3 badges for the top 3 flights and Leveled badges for the individual efforts. So badges in correlation to the amount of levels exalted.

Which gets to the point that Ches mentions, it's easy for people to lie about the amount or levels of exalted dragons. I'd put my trust in people but I do understand that we should approach this differently. So how about we ask for people to ping us with the amount/level dragons to be exalted before exalting? This means we do need people online to be able to check if this is correct.
@Stanzascale @Cheshly @NoctisNix

It's a good idea to earn tickets via other events planned during the festival. Interlinking the activities will get us more people (and hopefully the other way around as well). I'm not sure about receiving bc familiars as a form of payment. I'd rather keep it as straightforward and as simple as possible, 2 (maybe 3) ways of earning tickets. And in addition with an element of competition?

At first I was also thinking of how to get BC in first place, that is sadly with how FR works atm definitely not an option. Instead I think we have to approach this with an open mind. Beastclans are equal to the other flights. Which can be lore translated as all flights and the BCs facing each other in the arena for a friendly match. December month uniting everyone?

I realize dom seems to be in favour of certain flights hence the idea of badges as compensation, instead of monetary rewards. In addition, Stanzascale, badges won't be rewarded only to the top 3 flights. I thought we can distinguish 2 categories. Dom top 3 badges for the top 3 flights and Leveled badges for the individual efforts. So badges in correlation to the amount of levels exalted.

Which gets to the point that Ches mentions, it's easy for people to lie about the amount or levels of exalted dragons. I'd put my trust in people but I do understand that we should approach this differently. So how about we ask for people to ping us with the amount/level dragons to be exalted before exalting? This means we do need people online to be able to check if this is correct.
@Cheshly

No problem! ^^

@serefleur

So your lore idea is that everyone is exalting dragons for something akin to a sporting event (as martial arts can qualify as such) using the arena?
...I can see how you might be thinking that it's closer to what would canonically happening with the game mechanics than what Cheshly and I were discussing, but I feel there'll be a bit of a leap between lore and how exalting works whatever we pick (since having more team members participating doesn't necessarily give the team more victories in a martial arts tournament, I'd think)
It took me a little to realise you were possibly thinking that the badges for placing in the top three would effectively be tournament trophies, and at one point wondered if they'd be for sending in the most teams (or groups of three or something). Probably overthinking on my part, but I thought I'd mention it.
If it's decided we need to commission someone to make badges, I'd be inclined to advise against having especially many.

Also, what would you be thinking that the currency earned from treasure/gem tickets would go towards, lore-wise? Would they be literal tickets to watch the tournament?

If lore-gameplay dissonance is a massive issue, then I've figured a possible adjustment for each idea. That perhaps the exalted have organised the week's duties such that for this week any newly exalted would work on projects alongside beasts, and/or peacekeeping in areas where the peace-seeking beastclans have been getting attacked.
Maybe you could try for the exalted having a week off work for sports (or friendly bouts or whatever you prefer to call it) for your idea. I'm not sure how important it is to have the lore and exaltation mechanic fit together perfectly though.

Regarding how potentially to ensure numbers and levels of exalted are recorded accurately, I'm guessing you're imagining people pinging with the numbers and levels they're about to exalt, and that whoever's online checks that the dragon IDs given are at the levels the poster claims before giving the go-ahead. I can also imagine people taking screenshots of the dragons' pages, with it visible that they are in the poster's lair, as well as the ID and level could work. (With that, if necessary, we can potentially double-check after that the dragon in question was exalted, as opposed to being kept to be re-entered into the raffle at a later point or something, but I might be over-thinking things.)

What timezone are you in in relation to FR, by the way (since the question of having people online came up)? I'm 8 hours ahead of FR time. Just wondering how much of a 24-hour period we can potentially cover between us.

Having levelled dragons as a way of earning tickets does seem like it makes things pretty complicated. ^^;
@Cheshly

No problem! ^^

@serefleur

So your lore idea is that everyone is exalting dragons for something akin to a sporting event (as martial arts can qualify as such) using the arena?
...I can see how you might be thinking that it's closer to what would canonically happening with the game mechanics than what Cheshly and I were discussing, but I feel there'll be a bit of a leap between lore and how exalting works whatever we pick (since having more team members participating doesn't necessarily give the team more victories in a martial arts tournament, I'd think)
It took me a little to realise you were possibly thinking that the badges for placing in the top three would effectively be tournament trophies, and at one point wondered if they'd be for sending in the most teams (or groups of three or something). Probably overthinking on my part, but I thought I'd mention it.
If it's decided we need to commission someone to make badges, I'd be inclined to advise against having especially many.

Also, what would you be thinking that the currency earned from treasure/gem tickets would go towards, lore-wise? Would they be literal tickets to watch the tournament?

If lore-gameplay dissonance is a massive issue, then I've figured a possible adjustment for each idea. That perhaps the exalted have organised the week's duties such that for this week any newly exalted would work on projects alongside beasts, and/or peacekeeping in areas where the peace-seeking beastclans have been getting attacked.
Maybe you could try for the exalted having a week off work for sports (or friendly bouts or whatever you prefer to call it) for your idea. I'm not sure how important it is to have the lore and exaltation mechanic fit together perfectly though.

Regarding how potentially to ensure numbers and levels of exalted are recorded accurately, I'm guessing you're imagining people pinging with the numbers and levels they're about to exalt, and that whoever's online checks that the dragon IDs given are at the levels the poster claims before giving the go-ahead. I can also imagine people taking screenshots of the dragons' pages, with it visible that they are in the poster's lair, as well as the ID and level could work. (With that, if necessary, we can potentially double-check after that the dragon in question was exalted, as opposed to being kept to be re-entered into the raffle at a later point or something, but I might be over-thinking things.)

What timezone are you in in relation to FR, by the way (since the question of having people online came up)? I'm 8 hours ahead of FR time. Just wondering how much of a 24-hour period we can potentially cover between us.

Having levelled dragons as a way of earning tickets does seem like it makes things pretty complicated. ^^;
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
@Ssevora
Hello! Back on September 21st you were interested in stepping in to make line art for the coloring pages. Are you still interested in doing so?
@Ssevora
Hello! Back on September 21st you were interested in stepping in to make line art for the coloring pages. Are you still interested in doing so?

Clan_Emblem_Cheshly.png

FR +3
She/Her
Clan Lore
Challenge Log
Wishlist & Goals
Psssst @NoctisNix you should reply to the posts above about the raffle
Psssst @NoctisNix you should reply to the posts above about the raffle

Clan_Emblem_Cheshly.png

FR +3
She/Her
Clan Lore
Challenge Log
Wishlist & Goals
[quote="General Help Ping List"] @NoctisNix @1000unicorns @Arigato9000 @Ashki @Biuret @ciceqi @Cheshly @Dorano1 @Everyone @Frostulant @GreenSylph @Guardianess @IvyLight @LightningShatter @Tira @misc20 @Novablu @Oakendrake @OfDagon @QuotetheRaven @RainingAcid @Sacrilegious @SashaFiredrake @serefleur @spaceyfeather @TheAwesoMew @Tomata @TheSquishyKing @TwoSwordsClash @Venusian @Vyn @Sablekey @Nighttyger @Stanzascale @Saraceaser @Myndris @ssevora @TheGodOfStories @DarkNovu @Hikaye [/quote] It's now October meaning we're just two months away from the festival! We really, really need these jobs filled. Please help out in any way possible. As before I will first have event things, then art things. I also wanted to throw in a reminder that we still need a few more donations [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2504686/9#post_34846911]here[/url]. [center][b]EVENT THINGS[/b][/center] We are looking to fill these roles. The number in ( ) are the number of people we're looking for. Art Contest Host: Unity Dinner Host: (1) Raffle Helper: (1) Art Contest Judges: (2) Writing Contest Judges: (1) Coloring Contest Judges: (1) Scavenger Hunt Helpers: (1) Unity Dinner Judges: ----- [center][b]ART THINGS[/b][/center] Firstly, for someone who can make something similar to this that is the same sort of color scheme but is also transparent. It will go on the top of the main hub's forum post. [img]https://i.imgur.com/V20eBSu.jpg[/img] Secondly, our previous banner artist had something come up and we are looking for someone to fill in. Thirdly, I am looking for people to do badges. The first badge will be a general beast clan badge that will go on the front page of the main event hub. The next badges needed are four badges for the November fundraiser featuring food. Then the last set we need is seven badges for the secret festival shop. If none of these topics interest you but you still want to make a badge. Maybe think about making a badge for one of the events we are hosting. It would also be awesome to have one more artist step in to make lineart for the coloring contest.

It's now October meaning we're just two months away from the festival! We really, really need these jobs filled. Please help out in any way possible. As before I will first have event things, then art things. I also wanted to throw in a reminder that we still need a few more donations here.
EVENT THINGS
We are looking to fill these roles. The number in ( ) are the number of people we're looking for.

Art Contest Host:
Unity Dinner Host:
(1) Raffle Helper:
(1) Art Contest Judges:
(2) Writing Contest Judges:
(1) Coloring Contest Judges:
(1) Scavenger Hunt Helpers:
(1) Unity Dinner Judges:

ART THINGS

Firstly, for someone who can make something similar to this that is the same sort of color scheme but is also transparent. It will go on the top of the main hub's forum post.

V20eBSu.jpg

Secondly, our previous banner artist had something come up and we are looking for someone to fill in.

Thirdly, I am looking for people to do badges. The first badge will be a general beast clan badge that will go on the front page of the main event hub. The next badges needed are four badges for the November fundraiser featuring food. Then the last set we need is seven badges for the secret festival shop. If none of these topics interest you but you still want to make a badge. Maybe think about making a badge for one of the events we are hosting.

It would also be awesome to have one more artist step in to make lineart for the coloring contest.

Clan_Emblem_Cheshly.png

FR +3
She/Her
Clan Lore
Challenge Log
Wishlist & Goals
1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 38 39