Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Scales: Hati and Sköll's [PRIVATE]
1 2 3 4 5 6
Absinthe lightly flicks her tail back and forth to the beat of the drum, shifting on her feet she began her dance, being rather light on her feet as well as quick. Her movements were graceful as she gave an occasional flutter of her wings, the charms dangling from her sash and headpiece jingling with each step.

The skydancer seemed to be enjoying every minute of the performance, staying in time with the beat of the music, her tail constantly flicking like a metronome to remind herself to slow down or go faster. She hummed under her breath, giving a twirl, the silk she wore shining a series of blues and purples in the light.

Her sash fanned out when she twirled, a bit of nature magic swirling around her, adding to the beauty of her dancing as she shut her eyes, focusing on nothing else but the music, her muzzle curving up into what could be seen as a grin as he tail feathers fanned out as well, her claws clicking against the wooden floor of the stage.

@amariex @nihill
Absinthe lightly flicks her tail back and forth to the beat of the drum, shifting on her feet she began her dance, being rather light on her feet as well as quick. Her movements were graceful as she gave an occasional flutter of her wings, the charms dangling from her sash and headpiece jingling with each step.

The skydancer seemed to be enjoying every minute of the performance, staying in time with the beat of the music, her tail constantly flicking like a metronome to remind herself to slow down or go faster. She hummed under her breath, giving a twirl, the silk she wore shining a series of blues and purples in the light.

Her sash fanned out when she twirled, a bit of nature magic swirling around her, adding to the beauty of her dancing as she shut her eyes, focusing on nothing else but the music, her muzzle curving up into what could be seen as a grin as he tail feathers fanned out as well, her claws clicking against the wooden floor of the stage.

@amariex @nihill
@amariex @nihill @blackdemon21

Right outside the bar a set of booming voices could be heard, a long with rhythmic stomping.

"Whiskey-o, Johny-o
Rise her up from down below
Whiskey, whiskey, whiskey-o
Up aloft this yard must go
John rise her up from down below"

"Now whiskey is the life of man
Always was since the world began"

"Now whiskey gave me a broken nose
And whiskey made me pawn me clothes"

Whiskey from that old tin can"

"I thought I heard the first mate say
I treats me crew in a decent way"

"A glass of whiskey all around
And a bottle full for the shanty man"

After the first chorus, two voices alternated, one a sonorous sing song voice, the other deep and grating. Soon two over large imperials appeared on the cliff edge road, their front inward claws on each other's shoulders. They both wore equally crazed grins as they sang like two drunken sailors.

Not far behind was a dark wildclaw who was missing his wings, his face the very picture of disgusted annoyance. Rotoko, the wingless prince, had already tried and failed to curtail his Eldest and Youngest of three sons blasted singing. He tapped his front left main claw rapidly as he waited for the two to get past the doorway.

"My dear Amaranth, would you be a dear and pour Tremble and Amphibian a glass of whiskey to shut them up? I will take my usual, at your earliest convenience. If you happened to put something in the tonic for my growing migraine, I would be most appreciative." He gave the fae bartender a truly genuine smile, as he had long come to appreciate her no nonsense lack of chatter or pestering. She always seemed to know what to spike his drinks with ,whatever his mood and sent over the best wine he had ever had on the anniversary of his first trip to the tavern so long ago.
@amariex @nihill @blackdemon21

Right outside the bar a set of booming voices could be heard, a long with rhythmic stomping.

"Whiskey-o, Johny-o
Rise her up from down below
Whiskey, whiskey, whiskey-o
Up aloft this yard must go
John rise her up from down below"

Always was since the world began"

"Now whiskey gave me a broken nose
And whiskey made me pawn me clothes"

Whiskey from that old tin can"

"I thought I heard the first mate say
I treats me crew in a decent way"

"A glass of whiskey all around
And a bottle full for the shanty man"

After the first chorus, two voices alternated, one a sonorous sing song voice, the other deep and grating. Soon two over large imperials appeared on the cliff edge road, their front inward claws on each other's shoulders. They both wore equally crazed grins as they sang like two drunken sailors.

Not far behind was a dark wildclaw who was missing his wings, his face the very picture of disgusted annoyance. Rotoko, the wingless prince, had already tried and failed to curtail his Eldest and Youngest of three sons blasted singing. He tapped his front left main claw rapidly as he waited for the two to get past the doorway.

"My dear Amaranth, would you be a dear and pour Tremble and Amphibian a glass of whiskey to shut them up? I will take my usual, at your earliest convenience. If you happened to put something in the tonic for my growing migraine, I would be most appreciative." He gave the fae bartender a truly genuine smile, as he had long come to appreciate her no nonsense lack of chatter or pestering. She always seemed to know what to spike his drinks with ,whatever his mood and sent over the best wine he had ever had on the anniversary of his first trip to the tavern so long ago.
@GameMasterRhy @Blackdemon21

Amaranth gives Rotoko a slight inclination of her head, the closest she would ever do to giving a proper bow. Although it doesn't show on her face, the prince's presence and the fact that he brought his two sons (which the tavern somehow had room to accommodate) meant that business would b excellent today after all. She turns and gives a series of non-verbal commands to a few fae barbacks, who disappear into a few crevices and return only moments later from the back stores, levitating several Imperial-sized glasses filled with amber whiskey. Amaranth herself prepares Rotoko's drink, lacing it with a hefty dose of mint for his ailment, before setting it down on the counter.

"It has been a while, sir. Although coming here today to cure a migraine is a stroke of bad timing to be sure."

She flexes a wing towards the stage, where Zion has obviously seen the newcomers and has picked up the pace of his song to match theirs, playing with a widening grin and seemingly forgetting that there is a dancer who was trying to keep up. He himself is prancing about like a wild idiot. The resulting music is almost a cacophony, although not entirely unpleasant to listen to--It is still, however, extremely loud.

@nihill

In the meantime, a cloaked figure has taken advantage of the distraction and manages to enter largely without being noticed. Lucis sighs; she had been in the area due to work and decided that a drink wouldn't hurt, but obviously today is just not going well for her. But a drink's a drink. She daintily perches herself in a corner and lowers her hood, not quite realizing that a certain wildclaw was also nearby.
@GameMasterRhy @Blackdemon21

Amaranth gives Rotoko a slight inclination of her head, the closest she would ever do to giving a proper bow. Although it doesn't show on her face, the prince's presence and the fact that he brought his two sons (which the tavern somehow had room to accommodate) meant that business would b excellent today after all. She turns and gives a series of non-verbal commands to a few fae barbacks, who disappear into a few crevices and return only moments later from the back stores, levitating several Imperial-sized glasses filled with amber whiskey. Amaranth herself prepares Rotoko's drink, lacing it with a hefty dose of mint for his ailment, before setting it down on the counter.

"It has been a while, sir. Although coming here today to cure a migraine is a stroke of bad timing to be sure."

She flexes a wing towards the stage, where Zion has obviously seen the newcomers and has picked up the pace of his song to match theirs, playing with a widening grin and seemingly forgetting that there is a dancer who was trying to keep up. He himself is prancing about like a wild idiot. The resulting music is almost a cacophony, although not entirely unpleasant to listen to--It is still, however, extremely loud.

@nihill

In the meantime, a cloaked figure has taken advantage of the distraction and manages to enter largely without being noticed. Lucis sighs; she had been in the area due to work and decided that a drink wouldn't hurt, but obviously today is just not going well for her. But a drink's a drink. She daintily perches herself in a corner and lowers her hood, not quite realizing that a certain wildclaw was also nearby.
The skydancer was content with her current performance, glad that she was entertaining the few dragons currently in the tavern until her eyes widened slightly when she heard the tempo of the music change, her feathers fluttering in slight irritation as she changed the speed of her dancing to keep up with the current song.

Absinthe silently cursed at the new pace, trying to keep up with the pace and letting out a startled cry as she tripped over her feet and fell forward. She groaned when she hit the wooden floor the stage, slowly lifting herself up, some of her silk sashes falling off as she pulled the one covering her muzzle off, thankfully it protected her from having her neck and chin from her scratched. “Ow....******* hell,” she hissed, sitting up and rubbing her muzzle that was a bit red from the fall.
She glanced over to the musician, her eyes narrowing in slight irritation before turning her gaze to the newcomers that had just walked in singing their merry tune that had seemed to catch the attention to the musician so she guess she couldn’t be mad at him—for now at least.

She rose to her feet again and picked up her sashes and walked off stage for a moment and going over to the bartender and saying,“I’m going to take a break for a moment, my muzzle hurts from the fall...” she grumbled, lightly poking the red spot and wincing at the faint pain it caused as she went to go sit at the booth she had been sitting at earlier.

@amariex
The skydancer was content with her current performance, glad that she was entertaining the few dragons currently in the tavern until her eyes widened slightly when she heard the tempo of the music change, her feathers fluttering in slight irritation as she changed the speed of her dancing to keep up with the current song.

Absinthe silently cursed at the new pace, trying to keep up with the pace and letting out a startled cry as she tripped over her feet and fell forward. She groaned when she hit the wooden floor the stage, slowly lifting herself up, some of her silk sashes falling off as she pulled the one covering her muzzle off, thankfully it protected her from having her neck and chin from her scratched. “Ow....******* hell,” she hissed, sitting up and rubbing her muzzle that was a bit red from the fall.
She glanced over to the musician, her eyes narrowing in slight irritation before turning her gaze to the newcomers that had just walked in singing their merry tune that had seemed to catch the attention to the musician so she guess she couldn’t be mad at him—for now at least.

She rose to her feet again and picked up her sashes and walked off stage for a moment and going over to the bartender and saying,“I’m going to take a break for a moment, my muzzle hurts from the fall...” she grumbled, lightly poking the red spot and wincing at the faint pain it caused as she went to go sit at the booth she had been sitting at earlier.

@amariex
Rotoko sipped at his drink, and sighed as the music and thus his sons singing got louder. When the 'dancer fell, he stood and walked to the woman.

"I apologize for my boys. They are not the most brilliant of gems in the cavern. Care to join me, I am Rotoko, of the line of Cringe, warlord of the Varr."

He smiled right before his face changed to one of worry as he watched his two partially drunk sons climb up to the stage.

Tremble grinned at Zion before roaring out "What shall we do with a Drunken Sailor?" He snapped his tail to the ground with a thud, and Amph repeated "What shall we do with a Drunken Sailor?" He too snapped his tail during the silence before a song starts. They then both looked to Zion and grinned as they said together "What shall we do with a Drunken Sailor, Early in the morning!"

@amariex @blackdemon21 @nihill
Rotoko sipped at his drink, and sighed as the music and thus his sons singing got louder. When the 'dancer fell, he stood and walked to the woman.

"I apologize for my boys. They are not the most brilliant of gems in the cavern. Care to join me, I am Rotoko, of the line of Cringe, warlord of the Varr."

He smiled right before his face changed to one of worry as he watched his two partially drunk sons climb up to the stage.

Tremble grinned at Zion before roaring out "What shall we do with a Drunken Sailor?" He snapped his tail to the ground with a thud, and Amph repeated "What shall we do with a Drunken Sailor?" He too snapped his tail during the silence before a song starts. They then both looked to Zion and grinned as they said together "What shall we do with a Drunken Sailor, Early in the morning!"

@amariex @blackdemon21 @nihill
Sos had been in the bar for a very long time. It was his day off after all; so he sat quite calmly at a small table in back, a couple of choice weapons that needed sharpening and a whetstone in hand, quickly-emptying glass of Te'Vodsky to his left. The blind, older drake sharpened idly, enjoying the soft cacophany of the patrons and the burn of his choice poison as he drank, and thus he remained for a peaceful few hours.

His glass emptied faster as the newer patrons filtered in, and his patience grew shorter; the racous noise was grating on his ears, and he looked over with his heat-sight at the obnoxious, reflective ball of annoying light centerstage after the poor dancer had fell. When Trem and Amph got onstage as well, he huffed in annoyance, glared down at his empty glass, and began sheathing all his weapons to his belt. Pocketing the whetstone and grabbing his glass, he grumpily slithered his way through the throngs of people and tables towards the bar counter.

"Amaranth, hun, please, may I have another?" he asked, seating himself near Rotoko and Absinth with a huff. "Those overgrown slugs up there are killing me. I'll pay triple if you spike it with something to make me forget I'm related to them."
Sos had been in the bar for a very long time. It was his day off after all; so he sat quite calmly at a small table in back, a couple of choice weapons that needed sharpening and a whetstone in hand, quickly-emptying glass of Te'Vodsky to his left. The blind, older drake sharpened idly, enjoying the soft cacophany of the patrons and the burn of his choice poison as he drank, and thus he remained for a peaceful few hours.

His glass emptied faster as the newer patrons filtered in, and his patience grew shorter; the racous noise was grating on his ears, and he looked over with his heat-sight at the obnoxious, reflective ball of annoying light centerstage after the poor dancer had fell. When Trem and Amph got onstage as well, he huffed in annoyance, glared down at his empty glass, and began sheathing all his weapons to his belt. Pocketing the whetstone and grabbing his glass, he grumpily slithered his way through the throngs of people and tables towards the bar counter.

"Amaranth, hun, please, may I have another?" he asked, seating himself near Rotoko and Absinth with a huff. "Those overgrown slugs up there are killing me. I'll pay triple if you spike it with something to make me forget I'm related to them."
WE COMETH UNTO THEE
Absinthe, was busy soothing her inflamed muzzle to notice the male approaching higher till the last minute, her feathers fluffing up in surprise when she finally saw him. “Oh! Oh, it’s no problem...I just lost my footing is all,” She said, pulling her hand away to show the bright red mark on the the very tip of her nose. “I guess it would be nice to have some company, so I’ll join ya,” She said with a slight smile. “I’m Absinthe by the way, I don’t have any fancy titles, just a traveling dancer as you can see by my outfit,” she said with a chuckle.

She watched as another male came and sat near the two of them, complaining about the two dragons that had now taken the stage after she had left.
“Can I get what he’s having as well, I think I may have a headache coming on or that could just be the ache from hitting my nose on the wood,” She stated, rubbing her temples as her ear feathers fluttered in slight irritation as she could hear the music and the obnoxious singing in the background.

@Screaming @GameMasterRhy @Amariex @nihill
Absinthe, was busy soothing her inflamed muzzle to notice the male approaching higher till the last minute, her feathers fluffing up in surprise when she finally saw him. “Oh! Oh, it’s no problem...I just lost my footing is all,” She said, pulling her hand away to show the bright red mark on the the very tip of her nose. “I guess it would be nice to have some company, so I’ll join ya,” She said with a slight smile. “I’m Absinthe by the way, I don’t have any fancy titles, just a traveling dancer as you can see by my outfit,” she said with a chuckle.

She watched as another male came and sat near the two of them, complaining about the two dragons that had now taken the stage after she had left.
“Can I get what he’s having as well, I think I may have a headache coming on or that could just be the ache from hitting my nose on the wood,” She stated, rubbing her temples as her ear feathers fluttered in slight irritation as she could hear the music and the obnoxious singing in the background.

@Screaming @GameMasterRhy @Amariex @nihill
Sos wrinkled his scarred nose in amusement, giving the skydancer a once-over with his heat vision. The baubles on her silks reflected brightly in his eyes. "Oh, I don't think you'll want any of this, Sashes," he said with a little laugh. "Stuff's strong, probably'll knock a thin dame like you out faster than a light."

He looked as though a thought had occured to him, and he fished around in his coin pouch for five gold pieces, clicking them down on the counter one by one, for Amaranth to take when she came back by. He tied his pouch secure back on his belt.
Sos wrinkled his scarred nose in amusement, giving the skydancer a once-over with his heat vision. The baubles on her silks reflected brightly in his eyes. "Oh, I don't think you'll want any of this, Sashes," he said with a little laugh. "Stuff's strong, probably'll knock a thin dame like you out faster than a light."

He looked as though a thought had occured to him, and he fished around in his coin pouch for five gold pieces, clicking them down on the counter one by one, for Amaranth to take when she came back by. He tied his pouch secure back on his belt.
WE COMETH UNTO THEE
The dancer scoffed,"I think I can handle it scar face....and it's Absinthe," she said with a chuckle of her own, giving a playful flick of her tail. "I have tried all sorts of drinks during my travels, I'm sure I can handle it...this is just my first time actually coming into a tavern," she said giving a lazy wave of her hand, murmuring the last part to herself.

She removed a couple of the silk sashes that draped from her wings and wrists, folding them up and putting them in a leather pouch she had but was hidden under a bit of her fabric.

@Screaming
The dancer scoffed,"I think I can handle it scar face....and it's Absinthe," she said with a chuckle of her own, giving a playful flick of her tail. "I have tried all sorts of drinks during my travels, I'm sure I can handle it...this is just my first time actually coming into a tavern," she said giving a lazy wave of her hand, murmuring the last part to herself.

She removed a couple of the silk sashes that draped from her wings and wrists, folding them up and putting them in a leather pouch she had but was hidden under a bit of her fabric.

@Screaming
@GameMasterRhy @Blackdemon21 @Screaming

Zion barely notices Absinthe tripping, occupied instead with with trying to one up Tremble and Amph when it came to what they would do with a drunken sailor. Their lyrics grow increasingly more... colorful. Some patrons start making suggestions. A grizzled old snapper in the corner widens his eyes ever so slightly as Zion gleefully sings that they make the sailor taste something not meant to be in one's mouth.

Amaranth remains completely unperturbed by any of this and sets down a drink in front of Absinthe made of something that is less likely to kill her than Te'Vodsky; she then leaves for a moment, returning to place down a dusty bottle of said alcohol before Sos.

"You are the only one I know who willingly drinks this poison, so refill yourself. I trust that you will not cheat me on your tab."

She glances down at the gold on the bartop and gives Sos a questioning flick of her crest, wondering if this is for the bottle or something else. The old mirror is one of her most faithful patrons, and she is used to having him make strange requests.
@GameMasterRhy @Blackdemon21 @Screaming

Zion barely notices Absinthe tripping, occupied instead with with trying to one up Tremble and Amph when it came to what they would do with a drunken sailor. Their lyrics grow increasingly more... colorful. Some patrons start making suggestions. A grizzled old snapper in the corner widens his eyes ever so slightly as Zion gleefully sings that they make the sailor taste something not meant to be in one's mouth.

Amaranth remains completely unperturbed by any of this and sets down a drink in front of Absinthe made of something that is less likely to kill her than Te'Vodsky; she then leaves for a moment, returning to place down a dusty bottle of said alcohol before Sos.

"You are the only one I know who willingly drinks this poison, so refill yourself. I trust that you will not cheat me on your tab."

She glances down at the gold on the bartop and gives Sos a questioning flick of her crest, wondering if this is for the bottle or something else. The old mirror is one of her most faithful patrons, and she is used to having him make strange requests.
1 2 3 4 5 6