Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Scales: Hati and Sköll's [PRIVATE]
1 2 3 4 5 6
A new face entered the bar, her wings folded tight to her sides as she looked around—throughout her travels Absinthe had yet to visit a single bar so this was a first for her as she looked around almost bumping into someone on her way over to one of the bar stools. She almost hissed at someone when they did bump into her but she kept her cool as she took her seat at an empty booth rather than the bar.

She didn’t bother ordering a drink—normally being the type to drown her sorrows in liquor but she just wasn’t in the mood today, rather she just needed a place to stop and rest for a minute. She had been practicing a lot with her dances beforehand so that could be the case or it could be that she stayed up all night once again, either way she looked like she was about to clock out any minute if something didn’t wake her up.
She let out a soft yawn, her eyes scanning the tavern every now and again, just looking for something to catch her eye.
A new face entered the bar, her wings folded tight to her sides as she looked around—throughout her travels Absinthe had yet to visit a single bar so this was a first for her as she looked around almost bumping into someone on her way over to one of the bar stools. She almost hissed at someone when they did bump into her but she kept her cool as she took her seat at an empty booth rather than the bar.

She didn’t bother ordering a drink—normally being the type to drown her sorrows in liquor but she just wasn’t in the mood today, rather she just needed a place to stop and rest for a minute. She had been practicing a lot with her dances beforehand so that could be the case or it could be that she stayed up all night once again, either way she looked like she was about to clock out any minute if something didn’t wake her up.
She let out a soft yawn, her eyes scanning the tavern every now and again, just looking for something to catch her eye.
@Blackdemon21

Amaranth perks up at the sight of a new face. She remembers everyone who comes here, and she has never seen this skydancer before.

"What will it be for you?"
@Blackdemon21

Amaranth perks up at the sight of a new face. She remembers everyone who comes here, and she has never seen this skydancer before.

"What will it be for you?"
She looks up at the bartender and says between yawns,”anything that’ll wake me up,” she said, giving a rather irritated flick of her tail as she rested her head on the table. “I doubt you have anything with caffeine in it though...” she added, grumbling a few things to herself about how she should’ve just stayed in bed and slept the rest of the day away rather than forcing herself up and coming outside.
She looks up at the bartender and says between yawns,”anything that’ll wake me up,” she said, giving a rather irritated flick of her tail as she rested her head on the table. “I doubt you have anything with caffeine in it though...” she added, grumbling a few things to herself about how she should’ve just stayed in bed and slept the rest of the day away rather than forcing herself up and coming outside.
@Blackdemon21

Amaranth doesn't smile, but she does whatever the fae equivalent of it is with her crests. She nimbly mixes up some unknown concoction and pours it into a glass full of ice; the result is a layered something that is a startling shade of bright green and pink with smoke spilling off the rim.

"Here you are. Take your time with it."
@Blackdemon21

Amaranth doesn't smile, but she does whatever the fae equivalent of it is with her crests. She nimbly mixes up some unknown concoction and pours it into a glass full of ice; the result is a layered something that is a startling shade of bright green and pink with smoke spilling off the rim.

"Here you are. Take your time with it."
Absinthe raises her head once the drink is set in front of her—the coloring doesn’t shock her, rather it’s the smoke spilling from the rim that makes her a bit uneasy as she dips a finger into the drink to give a taste test, letting out a hum before shrugging to the best of her ability and lifting the glass and taking a sip before setting it back down, letting out a sigh of relief, whatever that drink was it managed to wake her a bit.

“Thanks...misses Bartender” Absinthe stated, taking another sip of her drink. “Mind telling me what this little concoction is...please don’t tell me it’s something disgusting,” she stated, mumbling the last part to herself.
Absinthe raises her head once the drink is set in front of her—the coloring doesn’t shock her, rather it’s the smoke spilling from the rim that makes her a bit uneasy as she dips a finger into the drink to give a taste test, letting out a hum before shrugging to the best of her ability and lifting the glass and taking a sip before setting it back down, letting out a sigh of relief, whatever that drink was it managed to wake her a bit.

“Thanks...misses Bartender” Absinthe stated, taking another sip of her drink. “Mind telling me what this little concoction is...please don’t tell me it’s something disgusting,” she stated, mumbling the last part to herself.
@Blackdemon21

"Amaranth," says the fae, inclining her head by way of introduction. "And it's something I like to call a Wicked Sister. Manaweed bitters and lightning breath," and then more wryly, "...mostly."
@Blackdemon21

"Amaranth," says the fae, inclining her head by way of introduction. "And it's something I like to call a Wicked Sister. Manaweed bitters and lightning breath," and then more wryly, "...mostly."
“Well since you told me your name it would only be right to tell you my mine...I’m Absinthe,” the skydancer, greeted with a sweet smile before adding,”yes I know the irony of my name,” before the other got a chance to speak. She downed the rest of the drink before tuning into what the fae was saying about the concoction. “Mm, doesn’t taste half bad, wait......what do mean by mostly?”
“Well since you told me your name it would only be right to tell you my mine...I’m Absinthe,” the skydancer, greeted with a sweet smile before adding,”yes I know the irony of my name,” before the other got a chance to speak. She downed the rest of the drink before tuning into what the fae was saying about the concoction. “Mm, doesn’t taste half bad, wait......what do mean by mostly?”
@Blackdemon21

Amaranth titters at the mention of Absinthe's name, her glossy wings shivering from the movement. It may have been laughter, but it's always so hard to tell with her kind; those eyes never really give way to any semblance of normal emotion.

"Perhaps I should have offered you a glass of your namesake, then?" she goes on, retrieving the empty glass. She pointedly avoids answering Absinthe's question, choosing instead to bore her unsettling gaze into the skydancer's own eyes, as though she can see something others may not. "...Although, ours is a particularly vicious spirit, so perhaps not..."

Another few seconds of silent staring.

"Would you like to open a tab?"
@Blackdemon21

Amaranth titters at the mention of Absinthe's name, her glossy wings shivering from the movement. It may have been laughter, but it's always so hard to tell with her kind; those eyes never really give way to any semblance of normal emotion.

"Perhaps I should have offered you a glass of your namesake, then?" she goes on, retrieving the empty glass. She pointedly avoids answering Absinthe's question, choosing instead to bore her unsettling gaze into the skydancer's own eyes, as though she can see something others may not. "...Although, ours is a particularly vicious spirit, so perhaps not..."

Another few seconds of silent staring.

"Would you like to open a tab?"
She wasn’t really unnerved by the other staring her directly in the eye as she shook her head and said,”no thanks, I’ve had the opportunity to try the thing my name is based on and let’s just say it ain’t my cup of tea~” she chuckled under her breath when she remembered trying it for the first time, the reaction she gave was laughable and might’ve offended the dragon who offered it to her in the first place.

Absinthe noticed them avoiding her question but didn’t push it any further and gave a nod. “Yeah, something tells me I might be having a few more drinks before hitting the road again~” she chimed.

“So, could you get me a sweet drink? I’m not picky on what it is cause I’m up to trying anything once.”
She wasn’t really unnerved by the other staring her directly in the eye as she shook her head and said,”no thanks, I’ve had the opportunity to try the thing my name is based on and let’s just say it ain’t my cup of tea~” she chuckled under her breath when she remembered trying it for the first time, the reaction she gave was laughable and might’ve offended the dragon who offered it to her in the first place.

Absinthe noticed them avoiding her question but didn’t push it any further and gave a nod. “Yeah, something tells me I might be having a few more drinks before hitting the road again~” she chimed.

“So, could you get me a sweet drink? I’m not picky on what it is cause I’m up to trying anything once.”
@Blackdemon21

"Sweet, hmm?" Amaranth thinks for a moment before making another unknown drink (this time a frosty blue) and handing it to the skydancer. Gears whirl in her head. "Hitting the road? From your choice of dress, a performer? Shall we strike a deal?"
@Blackdemon21

"Sweet, hmm?" Amaranth thinks for a moment before making another unknown drink (this time a frosty blue) and handing it to the skydancer. Gears whirl in her head. "Hitting the road? From your choice of dress, a performer? Shall we strike a deal?"
1 2 3 4 5 6