Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Roundsey's Raffle Roulette
1 2 ... 98 99 100 101 102 ... 109 110
I. Love. Raffles. owo

(even though I have terrible luck, RIP)
I. Love. Raffles. owo

(even though I have terrible luck, RIP)
deitydoll_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf47x.gif
[quote name="Fledhyris" date="2018-08-25 10:49:54" ] I'm a little disappointed that with the addition of Roundsey's stall, the graphics on the Trading Post page are now faded into the background, with just text boxes to click on. Sure you can still see the individual stalls and dragon purveyors when you click, but I used to really like clicking round the pictures, it was like you were really visiting a circle of booths at a market, and as I didn't visit them in order, the graphic was an easier memory jogger to where I'd already been than text. [/quote] I'm disappointed in the update for this same reason. I remember things much better by shape and location, and the text-only buttons in the trading post are really slowing me down. I really liked the unique artwork for each stall, and since the beautiful artwork is one of my favorite parts of this site, I'm sad to see the trading post downgraded to a bunch of identical buttons. It no longer feels like visiting an actual location, but just choosing options off an awkward menu.
Fledhyris wrote on 2018-08-25 10:49:54:
I'm a little disappointed that with the addition of Roundsey's stall, the graphics on the Trading Post page are now faded into the background, with just text boxes to click on. Sure you can still see the individual stalls and dragon purveyors when you click, but I used to really like clicking round the pictures, it was like you were really visiting a circle of booths at a market, and as I didn't visit them in order, the graphic was an easier memory jogger to where I'd already been than text.

I'm disappointed in the update for this same reason. I remember things much better by shape and location, and the text-only buttons in the trading post are really slowing me down.

I really liked the unique artwork for each stall, and since the beautiful artwork is one of my favorite parts of this site, I'm sad to see the trading post downgraded to a bunch of identical buttons. It no longer feels like visiting an actual location, but just choosing options off an awkward menu.
nInTqKu.png
Yaas
Yaas
for_a_friend_by_mangajag-db23pp3.png
Okay, but is the trading post just going to be big square buttons now? I liked the artwork that was clickable. It looked so much nicer and was a lot more interesting than just buttons...
Okay, but is the trading post just going to be big square buttons now? I liked the artwork that was clickable. It looked so much nicer and was a lot more interesting than just buttons...
knhLXgs.png
:eyes:
:eyes:
XgFzLz3.gif
I love the addition of Roundsey and I hope to get to win a prize one day! I was also hoping that with her as a new addition we'd get new Trading Post art eventually, even if it wasn't a priority atm. But I'm really sad about losing the art for it. (Literally, the first time I saw it, my immediate reaction was like noooooooooooo!) I liked going counter-clockwise starting with Baldwin>Pinkerton>Crim>Tomo>Swipp & kids and it was one of my favorite routines on the site. Now I feel out of the loop since the first box is Tomo's. (I always save her and Scribbles for last because the questions require some thinking heh heh)

Here are my technical comments about the change, feelings aside: I think that though the boxes are generally better for mobile players, I feel like the trading post lost a lot of personality and became very generic (and in a way... not user-friendly?? ....I think its partially due to its appearance since its just words/text in regular, grey boxes. So in that way it takes away the "face" of the dragons that represented their individual little corners from before, if that makes any sense.
Of course, I'm sure the team and everyone is working on much more important projects right now so revamping the Trading Post idea would be on the back burner for another day.

What I think might be good fix is to see some headshot art (new or current art) of the Trading Post dragons and have them in those individual boxes, which would help the generic look go away somewhat. Other than that, I'm not sure what else can be done because the mobile aspect is important as well. ._.

Anyway, geez I didn't think I'd write this much (sorry for a long post) so I think I'll tap this out. lol All in all, I think the team in general is doing a great job despite this long flippin post. I understand that some things need changing sometimes (and I'll just have to get used to the boxes t.t). xoxo
I love the addition of Roundsey and I hope to get to win a prize one day! I was also hoping that with her as a new addition we'd get new Trading Post art eventually, even if it wasn't a priority atm. But I'm really sad about losing the art for it. (Literally, the first time I saw it, my immediate reaction was like noooooooooooo!) I liked going counter-clockwise starting with Baldwin>Pinkerton>Crim>Tomo>Swipp & kids and it was one of my favorite routines on the site. Now I feel out of the loop since the first box is Tomo's. (I always save her and Scribbles for last because the questions require some thinking heh heh)

Here are my technical comments about the change, feelings aside: I think that though the boxes are generally better for mobile players, I feel like the trading post lost a lot of personality and became very generic (and in a way... not user-friendly?? ....I think its partially due to its appearance since its just words/text in regular, grey boxes. So in that way it takes away the "face" of the dragons that represented their individual little corners from before, if that makes any sense.
Of course, I'm sure the team and everyone is working on much more important projects right now so revamping the Trading Post idea would be on the back burner for another day.

What I think might be good fix is to see some headshot art (new or current art) of the Trading Post dragons and have them in those individual boxes, which would help the generic look go away somewhat. Other than that, I'm not sure what else can be done because the mobile aspect is important as well. ._.

Anyway, geez I didn't think I'd write this much (sorry for a long post) so I think I'll tap this out. lol All in all, I think the team in general is doing a great job despite this long flippin post. I understand that some things need changing sometimes (and I'll just have to get used to the boxes t.t). xoxo
ew9u8Xp.png
[quote name="sky09" date="2018-08-25 13:25:52" ] [quote name="Fledhyris" date="2018-08-25 10:49:54" ] I'm a little disappointed that with the addition of Roundsey's stall, the graphics on the Trading Post page are now faded into the background, with just text boxes to click on... [/quote] ...I remember things much better by shape and location, and the text-only buttons in the trading post are really slowing me down. I really liked the unique artwork for each stall, and since the beautiful artwork is one of my favorite parts of this site, I'm sad to see the trading post downgraded to a bunch of identical buttons... [/quote] Ditto. There is plenty of room for her between Crim and Tomo or Pinkerton and Baldwin. I don't mind buttons for mobile players (the side menu's links are awkward on a phone, so the big link to big buttons is good), but Trading Post was never a problem - the areas are huge!
sky09 wrote on 2018-08-25 13:25:52:
I'm a little disappointed that with the addition of Roundsey's stall, the graphics on the Trading Post page are now faded into the background, with just text boxes to click on...

...I remember things much better by shape and location, and the text-only buttons in the trading post are really slowing me down.

I really liked the unique artwork for each stall, and since the beautiful artwork is one of my favorite parts of this site, I'm sad to see the trading post downgraded to a bunch of identical buttons...

Ditto. There is plenty of room for her between Crim and Tomo or Pinkerton and Baldwin. I don't mind buttons for mobile players (the side menu's links are awkward on a phone, so the big link to big buttons is good), but Trading Post was never a problem - the areas are huge!
rJWIOZM.pngs8WoqhB.pngtDeKDnH.pngrats_badge.png[url][/url]a714f2ca8457a983cc2010ae692f56d4-da33ieq.pngb2880355ddf0aa894dcb44a252fda40339df0df0.png
[quote name="Snowwall" date="2018-08-25 23:43:07" ] [quote name="sky09" date="2018-08-25 13:25:52" ] [quote name="Fledhyris" date="2018-08-25 10:49:54" ] I'm a little disappointed that with the addition of Roundsey's stall, the graphics on the Trading Post page are now faded into the background, with just text boxes to click on... [/quote] ...I remember things much better by shape and location, and the text-only buttons in the trading post are really slowing me down. I really liked the unique artwork for each stall, and since the beautiful artwork is one of my favorite parts of this site, I'm sad to see the trading post downgraded to a bunch of identical buttons... [/quote] Ditto. There is plenty of room for her between Crim and Tomo or Pinkerton and Baldwin. I don't mind buttons for mobile players (the side menu's links are awkward on a phone, so the big link to big buttons is good), but Trading Post was never a problem - the areas are huge! [/quote] This is my biggest pet peeve with the update too. But I think the team might already be working on a new artwork for the trading post. Maybe they just couldn't finish it in time and didn't want to push back the update, or maybe something didn't work with the coding and they'll have to look into that first. Whatever it is, I'm sure they'll have a beautiful new marketplace ready for us soon.
Snowwall wrote on 2018-08-25 23:43:07:
sky09 wrote on 2018-08-25 13:25:52:
I'm a little disappointed that with the addition of Roundsey's stall, the graphics on the Trading Post page are now faded into the background, with just text boxes to click on...

...I remember things much better by shape and location, and the text-only buttons in the trading post are really slowing me down.

I really liked the unique artwork for each stall, and since the beautiful artwork is one of my favorite parts of this site, I'm sad to see the trading post downgraded to a bunch of identical buttons...

Ditto. There is plenty of room for her between Crim and Tomo or Pinkerton and Baldwin. I don't mind buttons for mobile players (the side menu's links are awkward on a phone, so the big link to big buttons is good), but Trading Post was never a problem - the areas are huge!

This is my biggest pet peeve with the update too. But I think the team might already be working on a new artwork for the trading post. Maybe they just couldn't finish it in time and didn't want to push back the update, or maybe something didn't work with the coding and they'll have to look into that first.

Whatever it is, I'm sure they'll have a beautiful new marketplace ready for us soon.
EXCITING! very exciting! <v<
I love raffles and pray to RNGesus
EXCITING! very exciting! <v<
I love raffles and pray to RNGesus
24699391_bHpOJyVs5JvINoe.png > they/he
> german
> goth
> fandom dragons
dco58ux-e51b8195-ff35-42e4-a20d-f0262e15dd63.gif
> artist
> in love with shapes
> joined 2013
> feel free to msg
also love the cheap enter btw!! that's super rad for new players too!
also love the cheap enter btw!! that's super rad for new players too!
24699391_bHpOJyVs5JvINoe.png > they/he
> german
> goth
> fandom dragons
> artist
> in love with shapes
> joined 2013
> feel free to msg
1 2 ... 98 99 100 101 102 ... 109 110