Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Roundsey's Raffle Roulette
1 2 ... 92 93 94 95 96 ... 109 110
rip money
rip money
any pronouns :]
frt +0
art shop
I need money!!!!!
( ´•???ω•???` )
I need money!!!!!
( ´•???ω•???` )
pka_by_sm242474-dcn2s4m.png
用中文总显得格格不入
但是你看,我不太懂英语
And...I love it here.
[quote name="Ignistia" date="2018-08-23 16:34:51" ] @Buster2918 It means a thousand! Example 5k = 5,000! :) [/quote] Noticed that after I posted it and felt stupid EBSNDKV0NIJ It's just been a while since I got some good sleep, so I was a bit out of it earlier.
Ignistia wrote on 2018-08-23 16:34:51:
@Buster2918

It means a thousand! Example 5k = 5,000! :)

Noticed that after I posted it and felt stupid EBSNDKV0NIJ
It's just been a while since I got some good sleep, so I was a bit out of it earlier.
I wanted some speedy perspective :D

1,443,000 tickets * 500 treasure =
721,500,000 Treasure / 5 Speedys =
144,300,000 t per Speedy / 850t =
169765 g per Speedy.

169765 g per Speedy.
xGxjc2r.pngLtG1dlF.pngLuIM5G6.pngMUETfFG.png Art | Accents | Adopts
[quote name="Nefily" date="2018-08-23 23:37:44" ] I wanted some speedy perspective :D 1,443,000 tickets * 500 treasure = 721,500,000 Treasure / 5 Speedys = 144,300,000 t per Speedy / 850t = 169765 g per Speedy. [/quote] [color=FE02CD]Oh my god
Nefily wrote on 2018-08-23 23:37:44:

169765 g per Speedy.
Oh my god
LMLA6wg.png ZaWqaad.gif she/her
fr+15
sales thread
[quote name="Gaia" date="2018-08-23 06:57:26" ] [quote name="@ceiswyn" date="2018-08-23 04:54:28" ] [quote name="Smoothy" date="2018-08-23 02:47:33" ]Though having 5 retired speedys will actually deflate that items value quite a bit.[/quote] How? Do you really think that all the people who win a Speedy will immediately put it on the AH?! [/quote] I don't think it is the winners selling the speedies will affect the price much. It is the fact that the limited pool of interested/potential buyers is reduced. Since yesterday, the price of a speedy has dropped with 500g (20% of the original price), while none of the raffle prizes have been handed out yet. However, since the chance for a speedy is relatively large for only a fraction of the prize, the amount of people willing to outright buy the speedy diminishes sharply. [/quote] Yes, but that's because the market reflects the hopes and fears of people, not actual reality. What will most likely happen is that almost the entire pool of potential Speedy buyers fail to win a Speedy, and that most of the 5 Speedys will be won by people who don't already have a Speedy and will keep the rare item. The rest of the potential Speedy buyers will then be back to needing to buy one on the AH, and the one or two that do go up for auction won't affect the price much - especially if other potential Speedy sellers stop selling while they wait for the price to recover. Basically, the Speedy market is undergoing a temporary blip, exacerbated by humans being really bad at probability maths. The sky is not falling.
Gaia wrote on 2018-08-23 06:57:26:
@ceiswyn wrote on 2018-08-23 04:54:28:
Smoothy wrote on 2018-08-23 02:47:33:
Though having 5 retired speedys will actually deflate that items value quite a bit.

How? Do you really think that all the people who win a Speedy will immediately put it on the AH?!

I don't think it is the winners selling the speedies will affect the price much. It is the fact that the limited pool of interested/potential buyers is reduced. Since yesterday, the price of a speedy has dropped with 500g (20% of the original price), while none of the raffle prizes have been handed out yet.

However, since the chance for a speedy is relatively large for only a fraction of the prize, the amount of people willing to outright buy the speedy diminishes sharply.

Yes, but that's because the market reflects the hopes and fears of people, not actual reality.

What will most likely happen is that almost the entire pool of potential Speedy buyers fail to win a Speedy, and that most of the 5 Speedys will be won by people who don't already have a Speedy and will keep the rare item.

The rest of the potential Speedy buyers will then be back to needing to buy one on the AH, and the one or two that do go up for auction won't affect the price much - especially if other potential Speedy sellers stop selling while they wait for the price to recover.

Basically, the Speedy market is undergoing a temporary blip, exacerbated by humans being really bad at probability maths. The sky is not falling.
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
Considering how many users there are and how many thousands of tickets - yeah 5 speedies is a tiny drop in the ocean that won't be felt.

If anything the sheer volume of tickets bought and users I think means that winning has a very low chance indeed for anyone taking part who isn't super rich enough to buy a signfificant bulk of tickets in one go. Ergo I can see that without some limiters there might even be so little chance to win many give up.

It's not a bad nor good thing but because the prize pool is limited as opposed to, say, a number raffle; it means that the chance of winning is a lot smaller.

So I figure its hardly going to affect the auction house. Also al ot of those auction house prices on very limited items are into such high values that the number of people interested and capable of affording is tiny. In fact I'd wager a good number never actually get sold barring once in a blue moon.
Considering how many users there are and how many thousands of tickets - yeah 5 speedies is a tiny drop in the ocean that won't be felt.

If anything the sheer volume of tickets bought and users I think means that winning has a very low chance indeed for anyone taking part who isn't super rich enough to buy a signfificant bulk of tickets in one go. Ergo I can see that without some limiters there might even be so little chance to win many give up.

It's not a bad nor good thing but because the prize pool is limited as opposed to, say, a number raffle; it means that the chance of winning is a lot smaller.

So I figure its hardly going to affect the auction house. Also al ot of those auction house prices on very limited items are into such high values that the number of people interested and capable of affording is tiny. In fact I'd wager a good number never actually get sold barring once in a blue moon.
The Great Library
Come share your favourite books and find some more to read!
Have we gotten any mod confirmation on Roundsey's colours? I want a fandragon of her already haha!
Have we gotten any mod confirmation on Roundsey's colours? I want a fandragon of her already haha!
QdaBiJf.png
I must say I really do not like how the new Trading post looks like. I'm so sorry staff! :c It's just so confusing where to klick. I was always aware where I should put my mouse even before the actual image loads. Now I click into the nothingness or onto something I don't want to click. It's just a minor thing, but well.

Also I'm sad that it takes out a bit of the "world is alive" aspect. It really felt a bit like you come to a trading post and be at a place where dragons trade, talk and care for each other. The new interface is nice and all, good for coding as well. But It really scatters the illusion a bit.

Roundsey is still awesome tho! I'm happy to see a retired item appear right away! :D Can't wait to see what comes the next weeks. Really hyped for the moment when a light sprite appears~
I must say I really do not like how the new Trading post looks like. I'm so sorry staff! :c It's just so confusing where to klick. I was always aware where I should put my mouse even before the actual image loads. Now I click into the nothingness or onto something I don't want to click. It's just a minor thing, but well.

Also I'm sad that it takes out a bit of the "world is alive" aspect. It really felt a bit like you come to a trading post and be at a place where dragons trade, talk and care for each other. The new interface is nice and all, good for coding as well. But It really scatters the illusion a bit.

Roundsey is still awesome tho! I'm happy to see a retired item appear right away! :D Can't wait to see what comes the next weeks. Really hyped for the moment when a light sprite appears~
TOPbanner_TRENCH_V3.jpg
This looks awesome ^-^
This looks awesome ^-^
My Username is a zero not the letter
1 2 ... 92 93 94 95 96 ... 109 110