Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | words one never wants to hear at work
1 2 3 4
"Oh hey, it's very important that this gets done now."
Literally every single time before I take a week off and am already working double time to get everything done.

Also, I work in IT.
"Help, I got an error."
"What did it say?"
"I don't know. I clicked the red x :)"
"Oh hey, it's very important that this gets done now."
Literally every single time before I take a week off and am already working double time to get everything done.

Also, I work in IT.
"Help, I got an error."
"What did it say?"
"I don't know. I clicked the red x :)"
tumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.pngsmall_save_the_imps2_by_keldeostar-dc6ioyu.pngtumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.pnghttps://68.media.tumblr.com/d520b49ad1e535b4432d0a80efc5db86/tumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.png[/img]
[quote name="hamkid" date="2018-07-20 19:18:03" ] "You're Fired." [/quote]
hamkid wrote on 2018-07-20 19:18:03:
"You're Fired."
lckqq6P.png
I'm a hairdresser, and I think the worst thing that happens at work is after I've done a kid or young teen and the parents starts running their hands through the kid's hair and holding out certain sections. I don't know what it is about parents and their kids' hair (moms especially) but that somehow terrifies me, and it's been three years so it shouldn't. Only very rarely do I actually have to fix something.
I'm a hairdresser, and I think the worst thing that happens at work is after I've done a kid or young teen and the parents starts running their hands through the kid's hair and holding out certain sections. I don't know what it is about parents and their kids' hair (moms especially) but that somehow terrifies me, and it's been three years so it shouldn't. Only very rarely do I actually have to fix something.
"Hey, is it normal there's blood in there?" *patient showing his drain's collection bag half full of bright red blood* no. no it's not normal. you're hemorrhaging, is what is happening.

"Mrs X is puking blood" aRe U kiDDING mE
"Hey, is it normal there's blood in there?" *patient showing his drain's collection bag half full of bright red blood* no. no it's not normal. you're hemorrhaging, is what is happening.

"Mrs X is puking blood" aRe U kiDDING mE
nN9WzJH.png
"Hey, a customer complained about a mess in the bathroom. Can you go clean it up?"
bonus points if they say to bring a mop
"Hey, a customer complained about a mess in the bathroom. Can you go clean it up?"
bonus points if they say to bring a mop
Cricket | they/them
A stranger's voice going "Excuse me!" as I walk past if I'm carrying 829643829 things and there are no less than three (3) other staff members standing around doing jack.

Ask them, idiot. What's wrong with you?
A stranger's voice going "Excuse me!" as I walk past if I'm carrying 829643829 things and there are no less than three (3) other staff members standing around doing jack.

Ask them, idiot. What's wrong with you?
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
I think the most recent thing I hated hearing at work was we were getting/had gotten the label printers and it was slowing e v e r y t h i n g up (thanks, Starbucks). We were actually rather efficient before those dang things.

Also "so-and-so called out, can you stay until (probably a time I want to stop existing by)?"
My dumb mouth: sure. C:
My brain: WHY DID YOU AGREE??!

Also, as an opener, hearing "we're going to start opening 30 minutes earlier on Fridays" was awful. Thankfully, I have not yet been subjected to having to be at work by 3:30am.
I think the most recent thing I hated hearing at work was we were getting/had gotten the label printers and it was slowing e v e r y t h i n g up (thanks, Starbucks). We were actually rather efficient before those dang things.

Also "so-and-so called out, can you stay until (probably a time I want to stop existing by)?"
My dumb mouth: sure. C:
My brain: WHY DID YOU AGREE??!

Also, as an opener, hearing "we're going to start opening 30 minutes earlier on Fridays" was awful. Thankfully, I have not yet been subjected to having to be at work by 3:30am.
KvxzF3W.png ♦ adult ♦ he/him ♦ FR Time ♦ kpop fan ♦ pms / pings / friend requests ok ♦ lore

You did well today
I'm an intern at a pet shop, so:

"Five dozen crickets, please."

I'm new to this so it took me 15 minutes and I couldn't even tie the bag (it's harder than it looks ok). On the upside he probably got at least 6 dozen, heh.
I'm an intern at a pet shop, so:

"Five dozen crickets, please."

I'm new to this so it took me 15 minutes and I couldn't even tie the bag (it's harder than it looks ok). On the upside he probably got at least 6 dozen, heh.
image.png
"There's been a murder."

To be fair, I work at a police station. I was still new though so I just stopped and was like "...Here?" I thought they meant someone was murdered in the station, not out in the community xP It was total chaos for 2 hours as we had 3x the usual coverage processing reports coming in from every single officer who even breathed near the crime scene so the detectives could start their investigation. Also...

"What do you mean?"
I ran into one of the detectives in the cafeteria and made the mistake of saying "At least it's an easy investigation, right?" They knew who did it and already arrested him so I figured it'd just be a matter of putting together the court case. Oh boy. I'm pretty sure I still have a dagger in my back from the look the detective gave me.
"There's been a murder."

To be fair, I work at a police station. I was still new though so I just stopped and was like "...Here?" I thought they meant someone was murdered in the station, not out in the community xP It was total chaos for 2 hours as we had 3x the usual coverage processing reports coming in from every single officer who even breathed near the crime scene so the detectives could start their investigation. Also...

"What do you mean?"
I ran into one of the detectives in the cafeteria and made the mistake of saying "At least it's an easy investigation, right?" They knew who did it and already arrested him so I figured it'd just be a matter of putting together the court case. Oh boy. I'm pretty sure I still have a dagger in my back from the look the detective gave me.
"Can you stay late?" >.>
"Can you stay late?" >.>
arcane.png arcanef2.png xxxxxx xxxxxx tumblr_inline_nb1ke8JYzw1qg78ij.png tumblr_inline_ofoo1dQtUR1tfmvub_100.png
1 2 3 4