Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Twisting Lights Post-Happy Flameforgers!
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 28 29
Pinglist please!!
Pinglist please!!
g2TOb2t.png

°howdy pardner
Very cool!! May I be added to the pinglist?
Very cool!! May I be added to the pinglist?
tumblr_otmyhkjv3F1v8lm95o3_75sq.gifShe/Her. i haven't been on for 3 years and now i forgot everything :'') FR time +2tumblr_otmyhkjv3F1v8lm95o4_75sq.gif
[center][font=Century Gothic][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2391371#post_32064077]What is this thread?[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2391371#post_32064116]Meet the Team[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2485774/1#post_2485774]Archived Articles[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2391371#post_2391371]Latest Article[/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23334015] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/233341/23334015_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [font=Century Gothic][size=4] News Reporter: Twisting Lights Owl Post Delivery Owl Hestia Jones Nature/Shadow Corespondent [/size][/font][font=Century Gothic] [size=4] Hestia hummed quietly to herself as she flew the morning rounds. Living on the Isle of the Sun Halos, one of the clan's many minor elemental territories outside the Plateau, was wonderful but since the Isles were floating above the sea smack in the middle of Nature, Shadow and Light it wasn't always easy getting the latest news from the mainlands. So the Post's team had decided to split up the job of retrieving the day's news between each of the Delivery Owls. This week it was Hestia's turn. As she landed at the nearest trading post, a smaller settlement in the Everbloom Gardens, she was surprised by all the attention she was drawing as she trotted towards the newsmail stand. Dragons eyes widened as she walked past and whispered excitedly to their friends. A hatchling even pointed her out with a grin and waved at her. She waved happily back but was starting to become very confused. That was until she came to the news trader who, with a smirk, handed her the latest Community Update. Eyes narrowing in suspicion, she snatched the scroll from his paw and immediately read. It only took a few a minutes for her to realize why dragons were suddenly looking at her strangely. The Twisting Lights Post was apparently [i]famous![/i] So Hestia Jones, in good humor, promptly and very appropriately fainted. [center] ***[/center] [/font][font=Century Gothic] [size=4] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/218871/21887079p.png[/img] "Do you mean to tell me that we, the Twisting Lights Post, were featured in the Elemental Nationwide Community Update report?!" President Hedwig exclaimed dumbstruck. [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/233341/23334015p.png[/img] "That's correct President, ma'am. We're positively everywhere and we've got tons of new subscribers! Even some letters from the latest attack on the Emperor have come in. I needed to buy a whole new bag from the traders in the market just to be able to bring them all back here to the Isles!" [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/218871/21887079p.png[/img] "This...this is amazing news. Our paper hasn't been able to send out daily reports for sometime now since the chaos surrounding the clan's move to the Isles but to think we've been recommended by the famous dragon @Aequorin. It makes my heart pound! Jones assemble the team and get your quills ready, we need to send out a response post haste!" [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/233341/23334015p.png[/img] "Right away, President Hedwig!" @ShadowPiper @Eiira @QyetLady @Polyhymnia @unidra @ShardofSun @Thace @Nydra @effervience @drawingdeamon @Argante @Sidegrinder @Elisse @LightningShatter @CrAZDragon @Demonskid @RingsofSaturn @Mistwing608 @TAisreal @Whitefeather @Lykomancer @Turquai @LotusCandy @ToxicToucan @DawnSky @TheWhiteTigerGod @RobotNix @nika @Tomata @CrazyBat @Minstri @MerryClarinet @Matou @TwilitBard @Hinumi @Tigenki @Amaranth41 @Harmonywish @EarthTiger @ThornOfStorm130 @GrinningWolf24 @Fawntastic @RobotNix @KnightYumi @RoseBones @AqunAthlok @Taranzza @BlueJaysFeather @Cuileann @leebee @PSICadet @KnightYumi @Nemayre @SuperNinjaDragon @Lepidolite @Frostulant @Flamestar03 @keetsee @Khepri @xiaoyao8 @Sunken @Dragonness Oh wow I can't even describe how excited I am to have been featured on a community update. I am overjoyed by the response to my work on this little project of mine that started out as such a simple and cute idea. I already had the lore of the Twisting Lights Post sketched out before beginning the paper but I never imagined how much it developed and grew during this whole thing. Above everything I would like to thank all you who have read my work and the staff ^_^ (since apparently they read it too) and I am really glad you've enjoyed it so far. It really empowers and encourages me to continue to write creatively even though my irl life can be crazy and stressful. I bet you all thought I forgot about this project after I said wanted to continue it after the BofTE and I never really did? Well worry not! I haven't forgotten it. I just needed a bit of break because writing a news article a day for a week and creating new lore and an over arching story for the whole thing is actually a lot of work. (I feel for the writers of the lore stories because they were even longer than my articles!) I know I left it on a bit of cliff hanger with the few news reporters who went missing during the Emperor's attack but I'll get to posting their stories. I think I will try to start this back up with the next festival coming up. I might do a special report about the community update if I have time. I need to work on the coding of this thread to make the first page more manageable to read through away.
News Reporter:
Twisting Lights Owl Post Delivery Owl Hestia Jones
Nature/Shadow Corespondent

Hestia hummed quietly to herself as she flew the morning rounds. Living on the Isle of the Sun Halos, one of the clan's many minor elemental territories outside the Plateau, was wonderful but since the Isles were floating above the sea smack in the middle of Nature, Shadow and Light it wasn't always easy getting the latest news from the mainlands. So the Post's team had decided to split up the job of retrieving the day's news between each of the Delivery Owls. This week it was Hestia's turn.

As she landed at the nearest trading post, a smaller settlement in the Everbloom Gardens, she was surprised by all the attention she was drawing as she trotted towards the newsmail stand. Dragons eyes widened as she walked past and whispered excitedly to their friends. A hatchling even pointed her out with a grin and waved at her.

She waved happily back but was starting to become very confused. That was until she came to the news trader who, with a smirk, handed her the latest Community Update. Eyes narrowing in suspicion, she snatched the scroll from his paw and immediately read.

It only took a few a minutes for her to realize why dragons were suddenly looking at her strangely. The Twisting Lights Post was apparently famous! So Hestia Jones, in good humor, promptly and very appropriately fainted.

21887079p.png "Do you mean to tell me that we, the Twisting Lights Post, were featured in the Elemental Nationwide Community Update report?!" President Hedwig exclaimed dumbstruck.

23334015p.png "That's correct President, ma'am. We're positively everywhere and we've got tons of new subscribers! Even some letters from the latest attack on the Emperor have come in. I needed to buy a whole new bag from the traders in the market just to be able to bring them all back here to the Isles!"

21887079p.png "This...this is amazing news. Our paper hasn't been able to send out daily reports for sometime now since the chaos surrounding the clan's move to the Isles but to think we've been recommended by the famous dragon @Aequorin. It makes my heart pound! Jones assemble the team and get your quills ready, we need to send out a response post haste!"

23334015p.png "Right away, President Hedwig!"

@ShadowPiper @Eiira @QyetLady @Polyhymnia @unidra @ShardofSun @Thace @Nydra @effervience @drawingdeamon @Argante @Sidegrinder @Elisse @LightningShatter @CrAZDragon @Demonskid @RingsofSaturn @Mistwing608 @TAisreal @Whitefeather @Lykomancer @Turquai @LotusCandy @ToxicToucan @DawnSky @TheWhiteTigerGod @RobotNix @nika @Tomata @CrazyBat @Minstri @MerryClarinet @Matou @TwilitBard @Hinumi @Tigenki @Amaranth41 @Harmonywish @EarthTiger @ThornOfStorm130 @GrinningWolf24 @Fawntastic @RobotNix @KnightYumi @RoseBones @AqunAthlok @Taranzza @BlueJaysFeather @Cuileann @leebee @PSICadet @KnightYumi @Nemayre @SuperNinjaDragon @Lepidolite @Frostulant @Flamestar03 @keetsee @Khepri @xiaoyao8 @Sunken @Dragonness

Oh wow I can't even describe how excited I am to have been featured on a community update. I am overjoyed by the response to my work on this little project of mine that started out as such a simple and cute idea. I already had the lore of the Twisting Lights Post sketched out before beginning the paper but I never imagined how much it developed and grew during this whole thing.

Above everything I would like to thank all you who have read my work and the staff ^_^ (since apparently they read it too) and I am really glad you've enjoyed it so far. It really empowers and encourages me to continue to write creatively even though my irl life can be crazy and stressful.

I bet you all thought I forgot about this project after I said wanted to continue it after the BofTE and I never really did? Well worry not! I haven't forgotten it. I just needed a bit of break because writing a news article a day for a week and creating new lore and an over arching story for the whole thing is actually a lot of work. (I feel for the writers of the lore stories because they were even longer than my articles!)

I know I left it on a bit of cliff hanger with the few news reporters who went missing during the Emperor's attack but I'll get to posting their stories. I think I will try to start this back up with the next festival coming up. I might do a special report about the community update if I have time. I need to work on the coding of this thread to make the first page more manageable to read through away.
XriSV9h.gif
You deserve it
You deserve it
@CrazyRedFire
oooh this is amazing! i also would like to apply for a subscription of the news!
aka pinglist
@CrazyRedFire
oooh this is amazing! i also would like to apply for a subscription of the news!
aka pinglist
alWiqh6.png
@CrazyRedFire
Congrats on being featured!
@CrazyRedFire
Congrats on being featured!
LxbWmll.png
@CrazyRedFire

Congrats on getting the spotlight! This newspaper has been fun to read, and I hope I'll get to read some more soon!
@CrazyRedFire

Congrats on getting the spotlight! This newspaper has been fun to read, and I hope I'll get to read some more soon!
photofunky.gif
Congrats! And looking forward to reading more of your news stories :)
Congrats! And looking forward to reading more of your news stories :)
wq9PoXA.png
@CrazyRedFire

Please add me to the subscription list. :)
@CrazyRedFire

Please add me to the subscription list. :)
9PW8odu.jpg
@CrazyRedFire I saw you on the feature list and was extremely thrilled! You deserve it for all your hard work!
@CrazyRedFire I saw you on the feature list and was extremely thrilled! You deserve it for all your hard work!
AvatarofAkatosh-cropped.png I tried to make an aesthetic signature but it broke :(
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 28 29