Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Fairgrounds: Tidal Trouble
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
I am ecstatic over a new Fairgrounds game!!! Thank you guys so much!!!
I am ecstatic over a new Fairgrounds game!!! Thank you guys so much!!!
Has anyone else had trouble keeping prize money? As soon as I click out of Tidal Trouble, all of the money I earned disappears and I'm back to what I was gold-wise before I played the game. It's super frustrating.
Has anyone else had trouble keeping prize money? As soon as I click out of Tidal Trouble, all of the money I earned disappears and I'm back to what I was gold-wise before I played the game. It's super frustrating.
Is there a way to flag puzzles as "please take this out, almost literally unsolvable"? Just spent 30 min on a puzzle with 8 colors in a crazy jumble that requires one specific combination of bubbles to come up in the random generator. With the massive number of permutations that exist, it's highly unlikely that that will occur.
Is there a way to flag puzzles as "please take this out, almost literally unsolvable"? Just spent 30 min on a puzzle with 8 colors in a crazy jumble that requires one specific combination of bubbles to come up in the random generator. With the massive number of permutations that exist, it's highly unlikely that that will occur.
[quote name="BotanyBlack" date="2014-03-29 17:29:29"]I am having the game show me one color coming next, but launch a different color just enough times to get annoying[/quote] So it's not just me? I thought I was going crazy! I have to ask - how many times is a puzzle played through before it's approved? Because I'm running into more and more puzzles where it feels like whoever approved it played through it once and got lucky on the RNG, and didn't realize how IMPOSSIBLE it was if you're not lucky on the RNG. Then again, Barrier's impossible if the RNG hates you, and that was done by Thrage, so...
BotanyBlack wrote on 2014-03-29 17:29:29:
I am having the game show me one color coming next, but launch a different color just enough times to get annoying

So it's not just me? I thought I was going crazy!

I have to ask - how many times is a puzzle played through before it's approved? Because I'm running into more and more puzzles where it feels like whoever approved it played through it once and got lucky on the RNG, and didn't realize how IMPOSSIBLE it was if you're not lucky on the RNG.

Then again, Barrier's impossible if the RNG hates you, and that was done by Thrage, so...
I don't know why but my browser keeps crashing whenever I play this game. o,o I use the latest version of firefox and it only crashes when I play tidal trouble (
I don't know why but my browser keeps crashing whenever I play this game. o,o I use the latest version of firefox and it only crashes when I play tidal trouble (
@ilareen
Try turning off the sound? This was the main problem for more FF users ouo
@ilareen
Try turning off the sound? This was the main problem for more FF users ouo
@Pandatao that was the first thing I did because I don't like to play with sound. :/ but it kept crashing anyway.
@Pandatao that was the first thing I did because I don't like to play with sound. :/ but it kept crashing anyway.
I can't get it to play. Keeps telling me it's unable to connect to the game server.
I can't get it to play. Keeps telling me it's unable to connect to the game server.
Cool game. Sometimes everything on the screen (not the background) disappears right as I shoot a bubble, sometimes messing up where I wanted the bubble to go. It happened quite frequently, which makes it pretty much unplayable. And the entire game screen suddenly started spinning out of control and wouldn't stop, ending my game and making me kind of not want to try again.

All in all, I'd like to wait until these issues are fixed to play again.
Cool game. Sometimes everything on the screen (not the background) disappears right as I shoot a bubble, sometimes messing up where I wanted the bubble to go. It happened quite frequently, which makes it pretty much unplayable. And the entire game screen suddenly started spinning out of control and wouldn't stop, ending my game and making me kind of not want to try again.

All in all, I'd like to wait until these issues are fixed to play again.
tumblr_mx77e9ATt21rddvmpo3_400.png
There absolutely needs to be a way to downvote bad puzzles, especially since we're stuck playing with whatever the community vomits out. A game like this demands some level of design sense to allow for the random nature of the bubble "ammo" and the soft "timer" of the descending bubbles so that there's at least half a chance of beating it.

mJZas5i.png

Take a look at this one. Seems pretty simple right? Except that it's impossible. From the start you've only got a 50/50 chance of getting a bubble of the colors you need to start clearing the first row. The worst part however, is that between the complete lack of pre-existing combos in the puzzle and the tightly-packed nature of the bubbles, a 4-bubble combo is the biggest you can possibly hope to make with any sort of regularity. Any more than that is a matter of sheer luck and either popping one hanger from the end of a row, or getting rid of a cluster of "junk" shots, which is an extremely risky propositon.

This puzzle is complete and utter garbage, and there needs to be some way to get it and others like it out of rotation.
There absolutely needs to be a way to downvote bad puzzles, especially since we're stuck playing with whatever the community vomits out. A game like this demands some level of design sense to allow for the random nature of the bubble "ammo" and the soft "timer" of the descending bubbles so that there's at least half a chance of beating it.

mJZas5i.png

Take a look at this one. Seems pretty simple right? Except that it's impossible. From the start you've only got a 50/50 chance of getting a bubble of the colors you need to start clearing the first row. The worst part however, is that between the complete lack of pre-existing combos in the puzzle and the tightly-packed nature of the bubbles, a 4-bubble combo is the biggest you can possibly hope to make with any sort of regularity. Any more than that is a matter of sheer luck and either popping one hanger from the end of a row, or getting rid of a cluster of "junk" shots, which is an extremely risky propositon.

This puzzle is complete and utter garbage, and there needs to be some way to get it and others like it out of rotation.
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29