Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Paranormal Expiriences?
1 2 3
I have two that I remember right now.

A few years back, a friend was starting a ghost hunting tour business and invited a small group of friends and family to be her beta test hunters. We were at a local museum and I had wandered away from the group because I like to explore places for myself, ghost tour or not. :)

So I'm standing in the middle of a room and I can see the other people in the group in another room in front of me, taking a break for some coffee and a snack. I very clearly heard a footstep behind me but I KNOW there was nobody there since I could see them all in front of me. So who came up behind me to see what I was doing?

Story 2 is very personal to me.

I grew up with cats and one in particular was MINE, she came to us when I was 11 and was my best friend for more than 10 years. She was a tabby named Sheena. One day, not that long after she passed away, I was standing at the base of the stairs to the 2nd floor where I could see upstairs into my bedroom. Sitting on the bedroom floor beside my bed was a tabby cat.

I thought at first it was our new tabby at that time, Aeva, but when I looked behind me, she was asleep on the pedestal my parents had (that was literally right behind me at that point so no way could Aeva have run downstairs and jumped on the pedestal without me seeing or hearing her). It wasn't the two male cats we had at that time since they were both black and quite obviously not a tabby. Plus they were both elsewhere in the house and not sitting on my bedroom floor that day.

I'm fairly sure it was Sheena since there were more than a few nights after she died when I felt her jump up on the bed. If you've had a pet, you know what they feel and sound like when they jump up and given she was a 20 pound tabby, she had a fairly distinctive landing, lol.

The night-time visits tapered off after about a year and I never saw her except that once. I guess she figured I was in good paws.
I have two that I remember right now.

A few years back, a friend was starting a ghost hunting tour business and invited a small group of friends and family to be her beta test hunters. We were at a local museum and I had wandered away from the group because I like to explore places for myself, ghost tour or not. :)

So I'm standing in the middle of a room and I can see the other people in the group in another room in front of me, taking a break for some coffee and a snack. I very clearly heard a footstep behind me but I KNOW there was nobody there since I could see them all in front of me. So who came up behind me to see what I was doing?

Story 2 is very personal to me.

I grew up with cats and one in particular was MINE, she came to us when I was 11 and was my best friend for more than 10 years. She was a tabby named Sheena. One day, not that long after she passed away, I was standing at the base of the stairs to the 2nd floor where I could see upstairs into my bedroom. Sitting on the bedroom floor beside my bed was a tabby cat.

I thought at first it was our new tabby at that time, Aeva, but when I looked behind me, she was asleep on the pedestal my parents had (that was literally right behind me at that point so no way could Aeva have run downstairs and jumped on the pedestal without me seeing or hearing her). It wasn't the two male cats we had at that time since they were both black and quite obviously not a tabby. Plus they were both elsewhere in the house and not sitting on my bedroom floor that day.

I'm fairly sure it was Sheena since there were more than a few nights after she died when I felt her jump up on the bed. If you've had a pet, you know what they feel and sound like when they jump up and given she was a 20 pound tabby, she had a fairly distinctive landing, lol.

The night-time visits tapered off after about a year and I never saw her except that once. I guess she figured I was in good paws.
sQl9mhK.png2CdcZTh.pngRz7ZJcJ.png
Lessee... I recall a few experiences in my life that could be paranormal, or just hallucinations. I'm not entirely sure anymore.

1. We lived in an old brick house in the avenues, and it honestly looked dark and spooky from the outside. It had a weird little basement that I never went into because, as a 5 year old, it was very unnerving to me. The only experience I ever had in the house, however, was when I woke up in the middle of the night. My bed was against the furthest wall but I could see outside the door and down the hall to my parents room. I woke up, turned over, and saw a little boy standing in the hall. I just turned back over and slept. lol

2. This one lasted in several different places and for several years. My sister was older than me by about a year. I'm not sure what triggered it, but I was on the top bunk and, again, turned over and looked out the door (could only see the doorframe), and saw a figure, glowing a very faint blue, standing there and staring her down. Not me, but my sister. I turned over again and just... let it go.

This happened thrice; we moved to a house I stayed in most of my late adolescent and teen years. I saw this figure, same position, same look, stand outside my sister's door and stare at her. I didn't try to make contact. I just let it go, and it left me alone in turn. I think it scared the heck outta my sister, though, but even then, she never talked about it...

3. A few other things that happened randomly; a door slowly closing on its own, lights flickering at times, lights turning on, intense banging from the ceiling, footsteps above my head (when the upstairs was empty), etc...

Most of the time, I ignore it and it usually stops.
I've always believed that if you show fear to something paranormal, whether you believe in it or not, it gets stronger. I don't let it get to me, and ignore it. It never gets stronger in my case, and does eventually stop.
Lessee... I recall a few experiences in my life that could be paranormal, or just hallucinations. I'm not entirely sure anymore.

1. We lived in an old brick house in the avenues, and it honestly looked dark and spooky from the outside. It had a weird little basement that I never went into because, as a 5 year old, it was very unnerving to me. The only experience I ever had in the house, however, was when I woke up in the middle of the night. My bed was against the furthest wall but I could see outside the door and down the hall to my parents room. I woke up, turned over, and saw a little boy standing in the hall. I just turned back over and slept. lol

2. This one lasted in several different places and for several years. My sister was older than me by about a year. I'm not sure what triggered it, but I was on the top bunk and, again, turned over and looked out the door (could only see the doorframe), and saw a figure, glowing a very faint blue, standing there and staring her down. Not me, but my sister. I turned over again and just... let it go.

This happened thrice; we moved to a house I stayed in most of my late adolescent and teen years. I saw this figure, same position, same look, stand outside my sister's door and stare at her. I didn't try to make contact. I just let it go, and it left me alone in turn. I think it scared the heck outta my sister, though, but even then, she never talked about it...

3. A few other things that happened randomly; a door slowly closing on its own, lights flickering at times, lights turning on, intense banging from the ceiling, footsteps above my head (when the upstairs was empty), etc...

Most of the time, I ignore it and it usually stops.
I've always believed that if you show fear to something paranormal, whether you believe in it or not, it gets stronger. I don't let it get to me, and ignore it. It never gets stronger in my case, and does eventually stop.
gA3NbMx.gif
I have like two really good ones and one from when i was a kid.

Alright so one night at like, idk, 3AM i was in a skype call with a close friend of mine. We had just gotten done talking about demons and how even thinking about their name could open you up for an attachment (such a lovely conversation to have that late,eh. To make it worse he sent me a list of ALL the names of the worst demons....such a good friend.) we ended the call and o went to bed. Then I got the urge to look out my window. When I did there was this big, dark thing that stood about half way up a wooden lamppost. So around 8 maybe 10 feet tall (?) that, upon seeing me see it, ran (floated) into the woods. Instead of being normal, and ya know screaming, I got on my phone and told my friend that I saw this big thing outside my window. He replied "oh, you saw one too?"

Recently I've been helping a cousin of mine who is being plagued by this eyeless spirit. A funny series of events occurred including 3 spirits who claimed to be three high ranking demons. I called them out they left. No big deal. I started to make jokes about one actual demon. Lucifer. Now my cousin can see these things and when something evil enters a room I start to hyperventilate and get massive migraines. Ally, my cousin, looked up and froze. All she could say was "I saw orange eyes and black feathers". I was still joking because it hadn't made it's self known to me.(meaning it was extra powerful) so I said to her "IF a real demon were in here I would know, it's probably just a-" at that point i felt my lungs tighten and breathing became harder. My head started pounding. Then i blacked out. When I came to Ally told me that i taunted Lucifer TO HIS FACE. Still don't know what the eyeless thing is.

Last one! When i was about 3 i walked up to my mom and told her "the man in my closet wants a coke" she said we didn't have any so I waited until her back was turned, stole a hot cocoa packet and pored it into a plastic tea cup and sat it in my closet. This continued for about 2 weeks. Then my mother put up a picture of her grandfather and I jumped up, pointed at him, and said "that's the man from my closet!"
I have like two really good ones and one from when i was a kid.

Alright so one night at like, idk, 3AM i was in a skype call with a close friend of mine. We had just gotten done talking about demons and how even thinking about their name could open you up for an attachment (such a lovely conversation to have that late,eh. To make it worse he sent me a list of ALL the names of the worst demons....such a good friend.) we ended the call and o went to bed. Then I got the urge to look out my window. When I did there was this big, dark thing that stood about half way up a wooden lamppost. So around 8 maybe 10 feet tall (?) that, upon seeing me see it, ran (floated) into the woods. Instead of being normal, and ya know screaming, I got on my phone and told my friend that I saw this big thing outside my window. He replied "oh, you saw one too?"

Recently I've been helping a cousin of mine who is being plagued by this eyeless spirit. A funny series of events occurred including 3 spirits who claimed to be three high ranking demons. I called them out they left. No big deal. I started to make jokes about one actual demon. Lucifer. Now my cousin can see these things and when something evil enters a room I start to hyperventilate and get massive migraines. Ally, my cousin, looked up and froze. All she could say was "I saw orange eyes and black feathers". I was still joking because it hadn't made it's self known to me.(meaning it was extra powerful) so I said to her "IF a real demon were in here I would know, it's probably just a-" at that point i felt my lungs tighten and breathing became harder. My head started pounding. Then i blacked out. When I came to Ally told me that i taunted Lucifer TO HIS FACE. Still don't know what the eyeless thing is.

Last one! When i was about 3 i walked up to my mom and told her "the man in my closet wants a coke" she said we didn't have any so I waited until her back was turned, stole a hot cocoa packet and pored it into a plastic tea cup and sat it in my closet. This continued for about 2 weeks. Then my mother put up a picture of her grandfather and I jumped up, pointed at him, and said "that's the man from my closet!"
She/her
+3 FRT
Forums lurker
Collector of old dragons
Lore clan!

Color-Hand-15.png
95c947c87cc1e92d43ab7d172f86ce89d0a06f2b.png
i swear that my grandma's ghost lived in our old house. once she passed away in her bedroom weird things started to happen, like leaving the room with the tv on and coming back to it being on the tv guide or on a completely different channel (ones that she actually used to watch)

this was around when i was 10-11 years old and that was when i was obsessed w/ watching late night shows on adult swim so i'd set an alarm for when my fav show came on so i wouldn't miss it. i swear to god that alarm almost never went off, like someone would have had to come in and turn it off. if it was her, i guess it was her way of telling me to stop staying up late on school nights lmao.

there was also a time where i heard the faint sound of someone snoring in the walls/ceiling but that could have just been me being crazy.
i swear that my grandma's ghost lived in our old house. once she passed away in her bedroom weird things started to happen, like leaving the room with the tv on and coming back to it being on the tv guide or on a completely different channel (ones that she actually used to watch)

this was around when i was 10-11 years old and that was when i was obsessed w/ watching late night shows on adult swim so i'd set an alarm for when my fav show came on so i wouldn't miss it. i swear to god that alarm almost never went off, like someone would have had to come in and turn it off. if it was her, i guess it was her way of telling me to stop staying up late on school nights lmao.

there was also a time where i heard the faint sound of someone snoring in the walls/ceiling but that could have just been me being crazy.
@Charias The 'black dog' you saw actually sounds like a guytrash or barghest, both often described as monstrous black dogs the size of lions or larger. Though they can also take different forms. They are from northern English folklore though, not Canadian.

The guytrash haunts lonely roads or paths and can be benign or malevolant while the barghest is just malevolent, known for attacking people and leaving wounds that never heal and was seen as a general omen of death.
@Charias The 'black dog' you saw actually sounds like a guytrash or barghest, both often described as monstrous black dogs the size of lions or larger. Though they can also take different forms. They are from northern English folklore though, not Canadian.

The guytrash haunts lonely roads or paths and can be benign or malevolant while the barghest is just malevolent, known for attacking people and leaving wounds that never heal and was seen as a general omen of death.
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
There was a bright spark in the hallway of my home in the middle of night. Everyone was sleeping except me when I just witnessed it in my bedroom.
There was a bright spark in the hallway of my home in the middle of night. Everyone was sleeping except me when I just witnessed it in my bedroom.
pillar_by_starkindlerstudio-dajtbpk.png UAT09Os.gifpillar_small2_by_starkindlerstudio-dajtbpp.png
One time I was spending the night over at my grandma's. When one night I woke up in the middle of the night to see my dead grandpa standing right in front of me. Just smiling, like he was happy to see me. I even asked him what he was doing there, and he said that he was just checking up on everyone. He even patted me on the head before he disappeared. It was like a warm feeling instead of the normal cold one you expect from ghosts. It made me so happy because I never got to meet him as he died a few months before I was born.

Also, my dead cats like to show up often. At night I will sometimes check on my parents, and I will see one of them cuddling up with my mom where she used to sleep. The other one will chase my kitten around the house as if they're playing. Or sometimes at night I go to pet my cat where she usually sleeps, and there's nothing there but I could've sworn I saw a cat there when I went to pet it.

There's also a ghost in my house that likes to cast shadows in front of objects in the middle of the night so I walk right into them, and I can hear it laughing when I do. It's mean.
One time I was spending the night over at my grandma's. When one night I woke up in the middle of the night to see my dead grandpa standing right in front of me. Just smiling, like he was happy to see me. I even asked him what he was doing there, and he said that he was just checking up on everyone. He even patted me on the head before he disappeared. It was like a warm feeling instead of the normal cold one you expect from ghosts. It made me so happy because I never got to meet him as he died a few months before I was born.

Also, my dead cats like to show up often. At night I will sometimes check on my parents, and I will see one of them cuddling up with my mom where she used to sleep. The other one will chase my kitten around the house as if they're playing. Or sometimes at night I go to pet my cat where she usually sleeps, and there's nothing there but I could've sworn I saw a cat there when I went to pet it.

There's also a ghost in my house that likes to cast shadows in front of objects in the middle of the night so I walk right into them, and I can hear it laughing when I do. It's mean.
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
@Avessa

Yep, Gytrash and Barghest are usually considered to be types of 'Black Dog' and I've done a lot of research into the different varieties because that experience was so weird! I'm pretty sure it wasn't a Barghest since, well, those guys are seriously malevolent and I'm pretty sure if it'd been one of them then I wouldn't have been walking out of those woods unharmed. :P

It could certainly have been a Gytrash (I'm originally from northern England so that could kinda explain why one might have appeared to me?) but I'm really leaning more towards it being a phooka. The description of them matches really well - mischievous but not malevolent ("Though the púca enjoys confusing and often terrifying humans, it is considered to be benevolent" - thanks Wikipedia) shapeshifting fae that often appear as a black animal with bright yellow eyes (usually it's a goat or horse, but they can take the form of a dog/wolf too). And though they're usually associated with Ireland, there's mention of them or similar entities throughout the British Isles.
@Avessa

Yep, Gytrash and Barghest are usually considered to be types of 'Black Dog' and I've done a lot of research into the different varieties because that experience was so weird! I'm pretty sure it wasn't a Barghest since, well, those guys are seriously malevolent and I'm pretty sure if it'd been one of them then I wouldn't have been walking out of those woods unharmed. :P

It could certainly have been a Gytrash (I'm originally from northern England so that could kinda explain why one might have appeared to me?) but I'm really leaning more towards it being a phooka. The description of them matches really well - mischievous but not malevolent ("Though the púca enjoys confusing and often terrifying humans, it is considered to be benevolent" - thanks Wikipedia) shapeshifting fae that often appear as a black animal with bright yellow eyes (usually it's a goat or horse, but they can take the form of a dog/wolf too). And though they're usually associated with Ireland, there's mention of them or similar entities throughout the British Isles.
My body has a weird reaction to me talking abt paranormal stuff aka my eyes start watering without me actually being upset or having any control over it. But here we go(nothing big, just small things):
When I was smaller I would hear voices say hello to me and I would say hello back. Mom was often very confused when I said hello to an empty hallway and so on.
When we were renovating the house, our uncle took pictures of the house. One picture being of the front side of the house I saw an face in the picture, staring out of the window. I would show the picture to my mom or grandma and say ''look heres the face'' and they would just shake their heads, without seeing it. I burnt the picture later on.
I walked into a room that had just recently been left empty because my great grandma had died and saw a guy sitting there. He winked at me and being me, I just waved at him and went to get the things i had been after. After taking the things and turning around i realised he was no longer dead. Later that day we discovered that a guy had been hit by a car and died near out house that morning.
I was telling a classmate scary stories at school next to a empty classroom when suddenly something fell and broke in the classroom. I was terrified out of my mind. Apparently a vase had fallen off a shelf. Couldve been wind (In a completely locked classroom w no windows open??) but it was omnious enough for me to stay away from that classroom.
Bloody mary was the shhh here when i was in 4th grade, so yes me and 3 other classmates decided to call her behind stage curtains at school at 3pm (wow legit). Nothing happened til the dancing class started and all 4 of us saw eyes and a face staring back at us from the small opening between the curtains and also from the hall windows which were 2 and a half metres from the ground. One of the girls had a panic attack and went home sobbing. me and the other 2 just shrugged it off.
Not me personally but both of my school houses are very old. We have legends in both school. In the elementary school house theres a white lady, a spirit of a girl wearing a white dress who had apparently commit after her lover died in war. My classmate caught a picture of a girl in a white dress in a dimly lit hall but deleted it after showing it to us, i wish i couldve show it her. It was creepy?
In the other house we had a purple lady (ok whats up w the colors for real) who had died in a fire. She also ironically enough the school mascot of sorts? In school newspaper she's always calling student to behave and take care of the old house.
Two grown news reporters decided to have a lil nice sleepover at our school once, they didnt even make it to 2 am before they called the house keeper to come let them out. Funny enough they didnt even stad to wait for the keeper to arrive and had opened teh windows and climbed out by his arrival. Apparently the creaking doors and steps heard on upper floor had creeped the guys out enough to flee. Sadly no piano was heard that night.
My body has a weird reaction to me talking abt paranormal stuff aka my eyes start watering without me actually being upset or having any control over it. But here we go(nothing big, just small things):
When I was smaller I would hear voices say hello to me and I would say hello back. Mom was often very confused when I said hello to an empty hallway and so on.
When we were renovating the house, our uncle took pictures of the house. One picture being of the front side of the house I saw an face in the picture, staring out of the window. I would show the picture to my mom or grandma and say ''look heres the face'' and they would just shake their heads, without seeing it. I burnt the picture later on.
I walked into a room that had just recently been left empty because my great grandma had died and saw a guy sitting there. He winked at me and being me, I just waved at him and went to get the things i had been after. After taking the things and turning around i realised he was no longer dead. Later that day we discovered that a guy had been hit by a car and died near out house that morning.
I was telling a classmate scary stories at school next to a empty classroom when suddenly something fell and broke in the classroom. I was terrified out of my mind. Apparently a vase had fallen off a shelf. Couldve been wind (In a completely locked classroom w no windows open??) but it was omnious enough for me to stay away from that classroom.
Bloody mary was the shhh here when i was in 4th grade, so yes me and 3 other classmates decided to call her behind stage curtains at school at 3pm (wow legit). Nothing happened til the dancing class started and all 4 of us saw eyes and a face staring back at us from the small opening between the curtains and also from the hall windows which were 2 and a half metres from the ground. One of the girls had a panic attack and went home sobbing. me and the other 2 just shrugged it off.
Not me personally but both of my school houses are very old. We have legends in both school. In the elementary school house theres a white lady, a spirit of a girl wearing a white dress who had apparently commit after her lover died in war. My classmate caught a picture of a girl in a white dress in a dimly lit hall but deleted it after showing it to us, i wish i couldve show it her. It was creepy?
In the other house we had a purple lady (ok whats up w the colors for real) who had died in a fire. She also ironically enough the school mascot of sorts? In school newspaper she's always calling student to behave and take care of the old house.
Two grown news reporters decided to have a lil nice sleepover at our school once, they didnt even make it to 2 am before they called the house keeper to come let them out. Funny enough they didnt even stad to wait for the keeper to arrive and had opened teh windows and climbed out by his arrival. Apparently the creaking doors and steps heard on upper floor had creeped the guys out enough to flee. Sadly no piano was heard that night.
rowan, FR+11
they/ze
Forgiving who you are for what you stand to gain
1 2 3