Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Kelp Beds Kraken - 2 Fodder Trainer
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 26 27
I'm not very well versed in tactics but two fodders? Sounds delicious. Since it seems to be some back and forth. Which build should i go for as less experienced? What element?

I don't mind getting my *** beat, and food isn't really a problem.

Also, thanks!
I'm not very well versed in tactics but two fodders? Sounds delicious. Since it seems to be some back and forth. Which build should i go for as less experienced? What element?

I don't mind getting my *** beat, and food isn't really a problem.

Also, thanks!
Corgi.png
@TwistedKatiekat

This thread is hosting two builds that were developed for different goals.

If you want the fastest leveling of 2 fodder to levels 5-7, then you want to go with the Kraken outfitted with Meditate because you can start Eliminating on turn 5 instead of turn 7. If you want fast leveling, but just can’t be patient until you can use full force, you can use a version with Scratch instead of Meditate. It is slower, but still works just fine. For either of these Water is your best choice, but Shadow could work too. Just reboot when a boss arrives. Do not try to defeat the bosses with a Water element dragon.

Here is a dragon with the stats I would recommend for Scratching instead of Meditating. Scratch at 125 Str is not strong enough to Scratch Eliminate the heavy hitters.
0hZle5T.jpg
Note: I am still dithering about the utility of Shred vs Sap on this dragon. I will eventually swap one for Haste, just haven’t decided which.

The other build which @Rhabdo calls Beast Mode, is for folks who are less concerned with sheer speed and are interested in Boss killing potential. It is outlined in this post. You have more flexibility where element is concerned.

I know folks in the thread have talked about outfitting dragons with high Strength, but for me the loss of Quick made them very vulnerable and I didn’t find them particularly useful for fodder leveling.

Hope this helps!
@TwistedKatiekat

This thread is hosting two builds that were developed for different goals.

If you want the fastest leveling of 2 fodder to levels 5-7, then you want to go with the Kraken outfitted with Meditate because you can start Eliminating on turn 5 instead of turn 7. If you want fast leveling, but just can’t be patient until you can use full force, you can use a version with Scratch instead of Meditate. It is slower, but still works just fine. For either of these Water is your best choice, but Shadow could work too. Just reboot when a boss arrives. Do not try to defeat the bosses with a Water element dragon.

Here is a dragon with the stats I would recommend for Scratching instead of Meditating. Scratch at 125 Str is not strong enough to Scratch Eliminate the heavy hitters.
0hZle5T.jpg
Note: I am still dithering about the utility of Shred vs Sap on this dragon. I will eventually swap one for Haste, just haven’t decided which.

The other build which @Rhabdo calls Beast Mode, is for folks who are less concerned with sheer speed and are interested in Boss killing potential. It is outlined in this post. You have more flexibility where element is concerned.

I know folks in the thread have talked about outfitting dragons with high Strength, but for me the loss of Quick made them very vulnerable and I didn’t find them particularly useful for fodder leveling.

Hope this helps!
UYU9v2z.jpg
@FeDog

This build looks great! Could I be added to the pinglist for updates please?
@FeDog

This build looks great! Could I be added to the pinglist for updates please?
he/they
Still looking for a copy of Accent: Grand Romance! :')
@FeDog

What a marvelous build.....thank you for sharing ^^
@FeDog

What a marvelous build.....thank you for sharing ^^
tBCIqmQ.pngJaegEG6.pngqHIOA52.pngPheonixponder3.pngPheonixponder4.pngUJd8Tn1.pngEUxzp5r.pngPheonixponder5.png[img]https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/778ef314-f683-4931-a64f-f79ee411d343/d9wek1s-eb3e5a8f-ef33-4e43-a5eb-f3c4c2e0b1f0.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzc3OGVmMzE0LWY2ODMtNDkzMS1hNjRmLWY3OWVlNDExZDM0M1wvZDl3ZWsxcy1lYjNlNWE4Zi1lZjMzLTRlNDMtYTVlYi1mM2M0YzJlMGIxZjAucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.WWFDChnwv9EiNAytl8p3k_HDhCgktRfWoXsRHK3R0V0[/img]rFthGAn.png9pAba2B.png
@FeDog You seem to know your stuff, thank you ^^
@FeDog You seem to know your stuff, thank you ^^
Corgi.png
@FeDog

Add me to the pinglist for finished!
@FeDog

Add me to the pinglist for finished!
Free max level brewing. Thread here!
@FeDog I'd love to be added to the pinglist for the finished version!
@FeDog I'd love to be added to the pinglist for the finished version!
s8iVVJA.png
@FeDog

Please add me to the ping lists.

I just set up a kraken today. Water element and it works sort of. As near as I can tell Haste is useless as this build stands. I never get the extra turn from it. Without that extra turn there's almost no reason to use it.

Ideally, I either want to get an extra turn from Haste, be able to be able to Rally-Eliminate pretty much everything, or have a damage move other than Sap to use with Eliminate that will reliably kill even the tough mobs. If I have to treat 3packs (or even 2packs) of the tough melee mobs the same as the bosses and run and obviously can't start with them. It might not even make sense time wise. I will grant when I had the RNG on my side and things worked, level 7 hit fast.
@FeDog

Please add me to the ping lists.

I just set up a kraken today. Water element and it works sort of. As near as I can tell Haste is useless as this build stands. I never get the extra turn from it. Without that extra turn there's almost no reason to use it.

Ideally, I either want to get an extra turn from Haste, be able to be able to Rally-Eliminate pretty much everything, or have a damage move other than Sap to use with Eliminate that will reliably kill even the tough mobs. If I have to treat 3packs (or even 2packs) of the tough melee mobs the same as the bosses and run and obviously can't start with them. It might not even make sense time wise. I will grant when I had the RNG on my side and things worked, level 7 hit fast.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
@Ygdrasill

Did you try it with Meditate or Scratch? The play is different and knowing what stones you had might help me understand the difficulties you encountered. Thanks!
@Ygdrasill

Did you try it with Meditate or Scratch? The play is different and knowing what stones you had might help me understand the difficulties you encountered. Thanks!
UYU9v2z.jpg
Got my kraken-to-be back from the leveling service...just in time for my computer to go into the shop for repairs. I'll be glad to donate data when it's back in my hands!
Got my kraken-to-be back from the leveling service...just in time for my computer to go into the shop for repairs. I'll be glad to donate data when it's back in my hands!
britwhalebadge.png
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 26 27