Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Kelp Beds Kraken - 2 Fodder Trainer
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 26 27
Note: This is still somewhat of a work in progress, please expect edits, etc. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/sL0zn5m.jpg[/IMG] [b]Kelp Beds Kraken:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5759897] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/57599/5759897_350.png[/img] [/url] The Kelp Beds Kraken is a 2 fodder leveler with a chance at an Eliminate drop. It is less stable than the traditional Mire Flyer (118 Str) but a little faster in my experience. It is [b]much[/b] faster than leveling 2 at a time with Ghostlight Ruins builds, particularly if you are leveling to level 6/7 or higher (can be beat to level 4 by several GR builds). Made possible now by the fix of the first turn bug in the Coliseum revamp. It was inspired by @ Rhabdo’s Kelp Bed’s Beast which has not been posted in the general forums to my knowledge yet, but about which we have communicated extensively (& to whom the credit/blame belongs for getting me leveling 2 at a time in the Kelp Beds) and @ Lamentations lovely Meditate Monk. Thanks to @ Maki for suggesting improvements to the stats. This is strictly a fodder trainer, do not attempt Bosses. Run or fly at the first sight of Mantarunes and Wave Sweepers! Seriously, reload the page. Scamper away. The Water element dragon that is wonderful otherwise to defeat enemies in the Kelp Beds is weak to both of the bosses there. Don’t waste your food points. If you try this build with a Plague dragon, you might be able to take on a Wave Sweeper, but it is not particularly recommended. If you want to boss kill while leveling 2 fodder (IMHO at a little slower pace) nag Rhabdo to post the Beast guide. 88> [b]Potential Dragon Elements:[/b] Water - recommended Plague - recommended Ice - (watch out for Abyss Strikers, will need higher Str) Lightning - (watch out for Jeweled Octoflyers, May need higher Str) [b]Stats & Stones:[/b] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/kt0aO5O.jpg[/IMG] A note about the Stats - this build was very workable with 57 Quick or higher if you would rather swap speed for Vitality. (However it was much more fun at 59 Quick than 57. Just saying.) [b]How to start:[/b] Ideal starting packs are those with Octoflyers, Jeweled Octoflyers, Maren Wavesingers or Maren Ambushers (casters). Less ideal, but still very do able are those with Cloud Chasers and Abyss Strikers (due to their speed). You can make it work with any one physical fighter in your starting pack, but more than that is tricky. Two Kelp Tenders will work, but you will have very little breathe to spare after the round. I really don’t recommend starting with a boss (remember you are supposed to run) or with a pack of Delpin’s, Mammertees, or Kelp Tenders. You can try some of the other physical attackers and can be successful (particularly if you are restarting with higher level fodder). [b]So you have the right pack, now what?[/b] Use Meditate once or twice right away. [indent]Why twice? You don’t need it to start Eliminating and if you are maximizing speed it is not necessary. However if you want to minimize restarting, you will need the breath eventually against Delpins, Mammertees & Kelp Tenders. Meditating twice gets the three turn penalty for a physical attack out of the way with 70/75 points breath earned instead of 40/45. [/indent] The next 3 moves can’t be physical attacks, so use Haste, Rally, & Defend*. [indent]Haste & Rally add breath and Defend limits damage. *If Defend would be the first of two turns in a row, then use either Haste or Rally again instead for the added breath and use your second turn to start Eliminating.[/indent] Eliminate. Repeat as needed. Use Rally as needed. Gather experience points & loot and fight on. Once you have enough breath, to start subsequent fights with [i]almost[/i] any enemy just Rally & go to work.
Note: This is still somewhat of a work in progress, please expect edits, etc.

sL0zn5m.jpg

Kelp Beds Kraken:

5759897_350.png

The Kelp Beds Kraken is a 2 fodder leveler with a chance at an Eliminate drop. It is less stable than the traditional Mire Flyer (118 Str) but a little faster in my experience. It is much faster than leveling 2 at a time with Ghostlight Ruins builds, particularly if you are leveling to level 6/7 or higher (can be beat to level 4 by several GR builds). Made possible now by the fix of the first turn bug in the Coliseum revamp.

It was inspired by @ Rhabdo’s Kelp Bed’s Beast which has not been posted in the general forums to my knowledge yet, but about which we have communicated extensively (& to whom the credit/blame belongs for getting me leveling 2 at a time in the Kelp Beds) and @ Lamentations lovely Meditate Monk. Thanks to @ Maki for suggesting improvements to the stats.

This is strictly a fodder trainer, do not attempt Bosses. Run or fly at the first sight of Mantarunes and Wave Sweepers! Seriously, reload the page. Scamper away. The Water element dragon that is wonderful otherwise to defeat enemies in the Kelp Beds is weak to both of the bosses there. Don’t waste your food points. If you try this build with a Plague dragon, you might be able to take on a Wave Sweeper, but it is not particularly recommended. If you want to boss kill while leveling 2 fodder (IMHO at a little slower pace) nag Rhabdo to post the Beast guide. 88>

Potential Dragon Elements:

Water - recommended
Plague - recommended
Ice - (watch out for Abyss Strikers, will need higher Str)
Lightning - (watch out for Jeweled Octoflyers, May need higher Str)

Stats & Stones:

kt0aO5O.jpg

A note about the Stats - this build was very workable with 57 Quick or higher if you would rather swap speed for Vitality. (However it was much more fun at 59 Quick than 57. Just saying.)

How to start:

Ideal starting packs are those with Octoflyers, Jeweled Octoflyers, Maren Wavesingers or Maren Ambushers (casters). Less ideal, but still very do able are those with Cloud Chasers and Abyss Strikers (due to their speed). You can make it work with any one physical fighter in your starting pack, but more than that is tricky. Two Kelp Tenders will work, but you will have very little breathe to spare after the round. I really don’t recommend starting with a boss (remember you are supposed to run) or with a pack of Delpin’s, Mammertees, or Kelp Tenders. You can try some of the other physical attackers and can be successful (particularly if you are restarting with higher level fodder).

So you have the right pack, now what?

Use Meditate once or twice right away.
Why twice? You don’t need it to start Eliminating and if you are maximizing speed it is not necessary. However if you want to minimize restarting, you will need the breath eventually against Delpins, Mammertees & Kelp Tenders. Meditating twice gets the three turn penalty for a physical attack out of the way with 70/75 points breath earned instead of 40/45.

The next 3 moves can’t be physical attacks, so use Haste, Rally, & Defend*.
Haste & Rally add breath and Defend limits damage. *If Defend would be the first of two turns in a row, then use either Haste or Rally again instead for the added breath and use your second turn to start Eliminating.

Eliminate. Repeat as needed. Use Rally as needed.

Gather experience points & loot and fight on. Once you have enough breath, to start subsequent fights with almost any enemy just Rally & go to work.
UYU9v2z.jpg
Reserved.
Reserved.
UYU9v2z.jpg
Pinglists

To be pinged when testing & kinks are figured out (or when I no longer need the WIP disclaimer):

@squidneytwo
@Terpsichoria
@EeveeDream
@bonibaru
@Archerinfinity
@Oleaster
@beanutbutter
@Corvus
@RecursionErr0r
@arboretumm
@Irien
@SpaceSnakes
@mothscale
@SeaJules
@cobaltnemo
@KNLGHT
@Tserin
@Quintillion

To be pinged for subsequent updates (after it is declared done enough):

@Terpsichoria
@EeveeDream
@beanutbutter
@RecursionErr0r
@Corvus
@Irien
@SpaceSnakes
@mothscale
@SeaJules
@cobaltnemo
@KNLGHT
@Tserin
Pinglists

To be pinged when testing & kinks are figured out (or when I no longer need the WIP disclaimer):

@squidneytwo
@Terpsichoria
@EeveeDream
@bonibaru
@Archerinfinity
@Oleaster
@beanutbutter
@Corvus
@RecursionErr0r
@arboretumm
@Irien
@SpaceSnakes
@mothscale
@SeaJules
@cobaltnemo
@KNLGHT
@Tserin
@Quintillion

To be pinged for subsequent updates (after it is declared done enough):

@Terpsichoria
@EeveeDream
@beanutbutter
@RecursionErr0r
@Corvus
@Irien
@SpaceSnakes
@mothscale
@SeaJules
@cobaltnemo
@KNLGHT
@Tserin
UYU9v2z.jpg
UNLEASH THE KRAKEN!
UNLEASH THE KRAKEN!
UYU9v2z.jpg
[b]Kraken - Beast Mode[/b] So you want to level 2 fodder at a time and defeat bosses? This variation has you covered. What!?! Yes - 2 fodder, one trainer, boss-killing in the [b]Kelp Beds[/b]. Now, I don’t want to lie. This is not mindless grinding. This is not for the risk adverse. This is not for lairs low on food. This is also slower than GR or Mire 2-fodder builds up to level 4, so not recommended for a hot conquest battle per se. However, it is deeply satisfying to defeat Wave Sweepers [b]or[/b] Mantarunes while dragging useless fodder along (and tons of experience points). [b]Suggested & Tested Elements:[/b] Plague, Ice, Light [b]Theoretically Useful But Untested Elements:[/b] Shadow, Lightning [b]Not Recommended:[/b] Water (weak to all bosses), Wind (weak to 41% of opponents) [b]Critical Stats:[/b] 126 Strength* 10 Vitality** 57 Quick** *125 can work, but then you must have Sap or Shred to Attack & Eliminate the Kelp Beds heavy hitters. Scratch Eliminate will fail at 125 Strength. **Sugested minimums, either can be higher based on your play preference. [b]Stone considerations:[/b] [b]Must haves:[/b] Scratch, Eliminate, Rally, Reflect, Berserker x3, Ambush x2 [b]Your choice for the fourth spot:[/b] Sap, Haste, Shred or an elemental attack Personally, I like the chance to restore health but there are good arguments in favor of Haste or Shred for all elements and a bit of utility in the elemental attacks of Ice, Shadow, Plague, Lightning or Light. [b]How do you kill bosses? aka Why Reflect? Are there elemental considerations?[/b] First, if your Kelp Beds Trainer is a Plague dragon do not attempt to defeat Mantarunes. Wave Sweepers can be used to gain breath, but magical Ice attacks will cause a lot of trouble and kill you quickly. Ice dragons can defeat both bosses, but are susceptible to Abyss Strikers, so you need to be thoughtful about starting packs. Light Dragons can defeat both bosses, but are susceptible to Jeweled Octoflyers and Maren Ambushers, so like Ice you need to think about your starting packs. The key to boss killing is the Reflect. Once you have enough breath, sit behind your green wall and scratch away while they beat themselves silly. Just remember to Rally BEFORE Reflect. Amir’s Stats & Stones: [img]http://imgur.com/xUVCXfz.jpg[/img]
Kraken - Beast Mode

So you want to level 2 fodder at a time and defeat bosses? This variation has you covered.

What!?!

Yes - 2 fodder, one trainer, boss-killing in the Kelp Beds.

Now, I don’t want to lie. This is not mindless grinding. This is not for the risk adverse. This is not for lairs low on food. This is also slower than GR or Mire 2-fodder builds up to level 4, so not recommended for a hot conquest battle per se. However, it is deeply satisfying to defeat Wave Sweepers or Mantarunes while dragging useless fodder along (and tons of experience points).

Suggested & Tested Elements: Plague, Ice, Light
Theoretically Useful But Untested Elements: Shadow, Lightning
Not Recommended: Water (weak to all bosses), Wind (weak to 41% of opponents)

Critical Stats: 126 Strength* 10 Vitality** 57 Quick**

*125 can work, but then you must have Sap or Shred to Attack & Eliminate the Kelp Beds heavy hitters. Scratch Eliminate will fail at 125 Strength.
**Sugested minimums, either can be higher based on your play preference.

Stone considerations:

Must haves: Scratch, Eliminate, Rally, Reflect, Berserker x3, Ambush x2
Your choice for the fourth spot: Sap, Haste, Shred or an elemental attack
Personally, I like the chance to restore health but there are good arguments in favor of Haste or Shred for all elements and a bit of utility in the elemental attacks of Ice, Shadow, Plague, Lightning or Light.

How do you kill bosses? aka Why Reflect? Are there elemental considerations?
First, if your Kelp Beds Trainer is a Plague dragon do not attempt to defeat Mantarunes. Wave Sweepers can be used to gain breath, but magical Ice attacks will cause a lot of trouble and kill you quickly. Ice dragons can defeat both bosses, but are susceptible to Abyss Strikers, so you need to be thoughtful about starting packs. Light Dragons can defeat both bosses, but are susceptible to Jeweled Octoflyers and Maren Ambushers, so like Ice you need to think about your starting packs.

The key to boss killing is the Reflect. Once you have enough breath, sit behind your green wall and scratch away while they beat themselves silly. Just remember to Rally BEFORE Reflect.

Amir’s Stats & Stones:
xUVCXfz.jpg
Holy cow, I am keeping my EYE on THIS!
Holy cow, I am keeping my EYE on THIS!
@FeDog

Why 127 STR? You need 125 STR to Rally Eliminate everything except Kelp Tender (132 STR), Depin and Mammertee (133 STR), see Sylvandyr's damage calculator.
@FeDog

Why 127 STR? You need 125 STR to Rally Eliminate everything except Kelp Tender (132 STR), Depin and Mammertee (133 STR), see Sylvandyr's damage calculator.
@Maki

Looking back over my notes, the reason for 127 Strength is I wasn’t paying close enough attention when I tinctured a few days ago (also why I had a point left over, I expect)! 126 Strength is definitely enough & I will be updating the post after I test the 125 suggestion.

I know 125 didn’t work with the Ice element dragons though (which I built a version of before this one). Even with a physical attack it couldn’t Rally Eliminate the Shadow opponents (which are frequently encountered) at 125. It might work with Water since the only element that it is weak against is Ice and you should definitely run from Mantarunes for other reasons. The Plague stats were tested/arrived at primarily by @Rhabdo so I am not sure if something similar was seen against Golden Porpoises or Maren Scouts.

Thank you!

Update: Water at 125 Strength was no problem (as you stated). The extra speed was helpful. I updated the Stones & Stats accordingly. Thanks again!
@Maki

Looking back over my notes, the reason for 127 Strength is I wasn’t paying close enough attention when I tinctured a few days ago (also why I had a point left over, I expect)! 126 Strength is definitely enough & I will be updating the post after I test the 125 suggestion.

I know 125 didn’t work with the Ice element dragons though (which I built a version of before this one). Even with a physical attack it couldn’t Rally Eliminate the Shadow opponents (which are frequently encountered) at 125. It might work with Water since the only element that it is weak against is Ice and you should definitely run from Mantarunes for other reasons. The Plague stats were tested/arrived at primarily by @Rhabdo so I am not sure if something similar was seen against Golden Porpoises or Maren Scouts.

Thank you!

Update: Water at 125 Strength was no problem (as you stated). The extra speed was helpful. I updated the Stones & Stats accordingly. Thanks again!
UYU9v2z.jpg
@Maki since this build doesn't include scratch I'm guessing 127 would be enough to rally eliminate the enemies you couldn't with 125?

I'm excited to try this build- always down to try something new!
@Maki since this build doesn't include scratch I'm guessing 127 would be enough to rally eliminate the enemies you couldn't with 125?

I'm excited to try this build- always down to try something new!
@cobaltnemo

No, you would need 133 STR, this is the calculator (monster requirement mode). You can also use Sap for Kelp Tender, Mammertee and Depin.

Edit: I checked again and it looks like Sap + Eliminate at 125 STR is enough to defeat them, you don't even need to have Rally.
@cobaltnemo

No, you would need 133 STR, this is the calculator (monster requirement mode). You can also use Sap for Kelp Tender, Mammertee and Depin.

Edit: I checked again and it looks like Sap + Eliminate at 125 STR is enough to defeat them, you don't even need to have Rally.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 26 27