Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What Once Was [About to close]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@balthy
Accepted! welcome to lilith!
@balthy
Accepted! welcome to lilith!
tumblr_p7kcvo0jw61qatlkdo1_500.gif
https://orig00.deviantart.net/cc25/f/2013/109/e/e/warframe_by_lozylo-d629oin.png
Oscar didn’t usually come to school expecting to see gryphons or nagas or other things of legend, and luckily he was the only one seeing these things. There weren’t many students listening to the fish-man-teacher at the front of the class anymore. Everyone was freaking out about the sudden transformations of their fellow students.

Oscar was looking at his phone.

Guns N Roses (Oscar): I’m okay. Who would’ve thought it was possible for Mr. Hetiger to get any uglier.

He was a bit perterbed by the sudden reply.

Callum (Callum): Don’t be rude, Oscar.

Guns N Roses: On your phone? During class? Naughty.

Of course, now he was worried because Knott had mentioned hiding and a fight. Should he go check it out? Apparently it had been stopped, but he wondered if he should try to find the others anyway.

Guns N Roses: Where is everyone? And Calise, I’d take your offer up on a knife. c;

Callum couldn’t believe his eyes. He was just walking back to second period when he got this dizzy feeling and suddenly the hall monitor was a towering beast.

Of course, that was when he immediately started running.

He designated to also hide in a bathroom stall until he calmed down, but judging from the lack of angry noises outside, he guessed he wouldn’t be finding Knott or the others outside.

He slowly peered out of the stall. No one was around, so he headed outside, carefully trudging down the halls until finally, he noticed Calise and Pidge as well as some winged... person... was that Kaia?

“Uh, h-hi, guys,” he called, pushing up his glasses as he picked up his step to join his still-human classmates.

(( since Emmy doesn’t look too strange, I imagine the only difference is her eyes (now golden)
or I could change her to look more strange if need be ))

Emmy (Emily): Knives? Have we devolved to that already?

Emmy considered that this whole **** school just needed a really large calming spell. Unfortunately, she only knew one that worked on a couple people. Large area-effect spells weren’t coming until she graduated college, her mother promised her.

When the class started getting too chaotic, on behalf of the formerly-various-species-now-witches, she simply packed her backpack and marched out of there. Besides, she needed to find her friends, who were, for some reason talking about knives and monsters and these new-fangled creatures.

Emmy: I’m in the halls. I wonder if some witch is using a big illusion spell.
Oscar didn’t usually come to school expecting to see gryphons or nagas or other things of legend, and luckily he was the only one seeing these things. There weren’t many students listening to the fish-man-teacher at the front of the class anymore. Everyone was freaking out about the sudden transformations of their fellow students.

Oscar was looking at his phone.

Guns N Roses (Oscar): I’m okay. Who would’ve thought it was possible for Mr. Hetiger to get any uglier.

He was a bit perterbed by the sudden reply.

Callum (Callum): Don’t be rude, Oscar.

Guns N Roses: On your phone? During class? Naughty.

Of course, now he was worried because Knott had mentioned hiding and a fight. Should he go check it out? Apparently it had been stopped, but he wondered if he should try to find the others anyway.

Guns N Roses: Where is everyone? And Calise, I’d take your offer up on a knife. c;

Callum couldn’t believe his eyes. He was just walking back to second period when he got this dizzy feeling and suddenly the hall monitor was a towering beast.

Of course, that was when he immediately started running.

He designated to also hide in a bathroom stall until he calmed down, but judging from the lack of angry noises outside, he guessed he wouldn’t be finding Knott or the others outside.

He slowly peered out of the stall. No one was around, so he headed outside, carefully trudging down the halls until finally, he noticed Calise and Pidge as well as some winged... person... was that Kaia?

“Uh, h-hi, guys,” he called, pushing up his glasses as he picked up his step to join his still-human classmates.

(( since Emmy doesn’t look too strange, I imagine the only difference is her eyes (now golden)
or I could change her to look more strange if need be ))

Emmy (Emily): Knives? Have we devolved to that already?

Emmy considered that this whole **** school just needed a really large calming spell. Unfortunately, she only knew one that worked on a couple people. Large area-effect spells weren’t coming until she graduated college, her mother promised her.

When the class started getting too chaotic, on behalf of the formerly-various-species-now-witches, she simply packed her backpack and marched out of there. Besides, she needed to find her friends, who were, for some reason talking about knives and monsters and these new-fangled creatures.

Emmy: I’m in the halls. I wonder if some witch is using a big illusion spell.

tumblr_owx0mlGX951u3wsjco6_r1_250.png
“What do you mean by used to be a monster? I've been human as long as I can remember, thank you very much. You’re the ones who just up and changed!” Calise replied, flicking her knife-less hand, and packing away the other.
Her bag vibrated slightly, the phone in it going off with every message, but she ignored it.
One of the other monsters, one who she didn’t know could talk correctly until now, said something to her she ignored.

Knott, on the other hand, was busily tapping away at his watch, eavesdropping on one conversation and participating in another.
Tied up: She’s probably unable to complete your request as she’s talking with kaia at the moment.
Tied upI doubt a witch has something to do with this, based off of what i'm hearing, it sounds more like a sustained spell dropping, a just-cast transformative spell shouldn't be able to alter memory, unless they had help. But doing it over so many people would involve great power being spent, and doing it over a bunch of high schoolers like us seems wasteful.
“What do you mean by used to be a monster? I've been human as long as I can remember, thank you very much. You’re the ones who just up and changed!” Calise replied, flicking her knife-less hand, and packing away the other.
Her bag vibrated slightly, the phone in it going off with every message, but she ignored it.
One of the other monsters, one who she didn’t know could talk correctly until now, said something to her she ignored.

Knott, on the other hand, was busily tapping away at his watch, eavesdropping on one conversation and participating in another.
Tied up: She’s probably unable to complete your request as she’s talking with kaia at the moment.
Tied upI doubt a witch has something to do with this, based off of what i'm hearing, it sounds more like a sustained spell dropping, a just-cast transformative spell shouldn't be able to alter memory, unless they had help. But doing it over so many people would involve great power being spent, and doing it over a bunch of high schoolers like us seems wasteful.
https://orig00.deviantart.net/cc25/f/2013/109/e/e/warframe_by_lozylo-d629oin.png
Darren, slightly annoyed that he was ignored, took off into the air. Flying over heads was a bit difficult in a hallway, but it won't be much easier than walking when everyone's in panic mode. Darren took out his phone.

Copter: guys, I'm headed to the football field. If we meet up, we can talk in more detail.
Copter: also, I'm pretty sure some of you can stop hiding in the bathroom.

Almost crashing into some monsters, Darren landed in the hallways in a much more peaceful area.
"Sorry that I almost kicked your face!"
Darren, slightly annoyed that he was ignored, took off into the air. Flying over heads was a bit difficult in a hallway, but it won't be much easier than walking when everyone's in panic mode. Darren took out his phone.

Copter: guys, I'm headed to the football field. If we meet up, we can talk in more detail.
Copter: also, I'm pretty sure some of you can stop hiding in the bathroom.

Almost crashing into some monsters, Darren landed in the hallways in a much more peaceful area.
"Sorry that I almost kicked your face!"
5l8pr2z.pngShe/Her, FR time +0 xxa34o89q.pngPinkerlocke xxxxgr5B45I.png Art Shop
Crystal finally decided that she better head to the field before making a sweep as she recieved a text from her brother.
•••••••(seperate group cause the brother is a side character)

Ratchet(bro): Are you okay? Everyone at work and in the city is freaking out. The Boss at work said something about a vail falling.

Valkyrie: I'm fine, but the school is in utter chaos. Most of the faculty has left to go to a higher up. I'll keep in touch.

Ratchet: Okay. I'm going to see if I can contact someone in the Capitol.
••••••••
Crystal soon found herself outside of the school. She ran towards the field to find a group of people, what looked to be, fighting.
She called out as she ran up to them, "What's going on here?"
Crystal finally decided that she better head to the field before making a sweep as she recieved a text from her brother.
•••••••(seperate group cause the brother is a side character)

Ratchet(bro): Are you okay? Everyone at work and in the city is freaking out. The Boss at work said something about a vail falling.

Valkyrie: I'm fine, but the school is in utter chaos. Most of the faculty has left to go to a higher up. I'll keep in touch.

Ratchet: Okay. I'm going to see if I can contact someone in the Capitol.
••••••••
Crystal soon found herself outside of the school. She ran towards the field to find a group of people, what looked to be, fighting.
She called out as she ran up to them, "What's going on here?"
Kaia frowned in confusion to what everyone was saying.

"So if none of use changed... yet we all look different to each other... it's just our perception of one another which has changed?" Kaia mused. She knew some magic-users could cast illusions so maybe it was something like that. But why? And why them?

Checking her phone, which was buzzing like crazy Kaia typed a quick reply into the group chat.

{ Pretty Bird: If that field is where everyone is meeting maybe that's a good idea. We can collect ourselves and make sure everything is okay. }

"Hey guys, it looks like everyone is meeting on the field. Do you guys wanna head on over and see if we can figure out what's happening?" Kaia tentatively addressed the whole group. "Especially you, I could use your protection." She told Calise, giving the girl a tentative smile.
Kaia frowned in confusion to what everyone was saying.

"So if none of use changed... yet we all look different to each other... it's just our perception of one another which has changed?" Kaia mused. She knew some magic-users could cast illusions so maybe it was something like that. But why? And why them?

Checking her phone, which was buzzing like crazy Kaia typed a quick reply into the group chat.

{ Pretty Bird: If that field is where everyone is meeting maybe that's a good idea. We can collect ourselves and make sure everything is okay. }

"Hey guys, it looks like everyone is meeting on the field. Do you guys wanna head on over and see if we can figure out what's happening?" Kaia tentatively addressed the whole group. "Especially you, I could use your protection." She told Calise, giving the girl a tentative smile.
Zi frowned, as it seemed not anyone payed any attention to her. Sure, she couldn't speak well but at the very least she tried to make some sort of communication with the rest of them. She kept a busy finger tapping her side to keep herself alert. She didn't have the little luxury of owning a phone, part time money barely payed enough as it did. Looking over Kaia's shoulder, looking with sensitive curiosity at the group chat. She noticed the new person who came to join them. With a soft grunt and a smile towards the fleshy person she waved in response. With a scratchy voice and carefully words while trying to point at things to help her out. "Puh, puh, puheeeooopppllll." She waves her hands at the group. "C-ceeeeeee." She moves a hand to widen her eye for a second. "Wiiiiuuuthhhhh . . . ttthhheeerrrrh. Eeeeyyyeeess." She moves her hand over her large eye on her chest. "W-w-wwwoooooouurrrllldd. . . Bruuooohhhkke." She spoke as she make a circle with her hands and pulled it apart. "N-nuhh nuuuhhhooowww. . . C-ceeeeeee wuh wiiiiuuuthhhhh. . . Yyuh yuuuhhrrrr h-h-heeeeeiiiaad." She pointed a long finger towards her head. She obviously didn't make any sense to anyone but to herself. What she was trying to say was that everyone thought that they could see with their eyes, but now that the world has broken, people can't see anymore. Well unless they can see with their head and not let what their eyes see decive them. With the people seeming to go heading to the field, she decided that she would follow them soon.
Zi frowned, as it seemed not anyone payed any attention to her. Sure, she couldn't speak well but at the very least she tried to make some sort of communication with the rest of them. She kept a busy finger tapping her side to keep herself alert. She didn't have the little luxury of owning a phone, part time money barely payed enough as it did. Looking over Kaia's shoulder, looking with sensitive curiosity at the group chat. She noticed the new person who came to join them. With a soft grunt and a smile towards the fleshy person she waved in response. With a scratchy voice and carefully words while trying to point at things to help her out. "Puh, puh, puheeeooopppllll." She waves her hands at the group. "C-ceeeeeee." She moves a hand to widen her eye for a second. "Wiiiiuuuthhhhh . . . ttthhheeerrrrh. Eeeeyyyeeess." She moves her hand over her large eye on her chest. "W-w-wwwoooooouurrrllldd. . . Bruuooohhhkke." She spoke as she make a circle with her hands and pulled it apart. "N-nuhh nuuuhhhooowww. . . C-ceeeeeee wuh wiiiiuuuthhhhh. . . Yyuh yuuuhhrrrr h-h-heeeeeiiiaad." She pointed a long finger towards her head. She obviously didn't make any sense to anyone but to herself. What she was trying to say was that everyone thought that they could see with their eyes, but now that the world has broken, people can't see anymore. Well unless they can see with their head and not let what their eyes see decive them. With the people seeming to go heading to the field, she decided that she would follow them soon.
((srry its short. Mobile))

Crystal, to her surprise, understood what the one person was trying to tell her. Something in the world broke and people were actually seeing with their eyes for the first time instead of their head and what they THOUGHT they saw. Crystal's eyes grew wide as she realized that this could be one of her friends that she knew, but looked different.
"Ok I understand... I think. But what is your name? And who else is here?" Crystal asked.
((srry its short. Mobile))

Crystal, to her surprise, understood what the one person was trying to tell her. Something in the world broke and people were actually seeing with their eyes for the first time instead of their head and what they THOUGHT they saw. Crystal's eyes grew wide as she realized that this could be one of her friends that she knew, but looked different.
"Ok I understand... I think. But what is your name? And who else is here?" Crystal asked.
Zi looked at Crystal up and down with three sharp eyes. She didn't recognize her even though she looked remotely like the rest of the skinny people besides large wings. Maybe she just never really noticed her or something. With her regularly plastered frown, she began to write in her journal. She didn't want to mess up her name, even though it was quite simple. Pressing the pen against her chin with a click, she stuck the pen into the spiral of the notebook. In there stood a very long and in an unfamiliar language a name that no one could comprehend. But under that stood three words in simple and neat handwriting. "Call me Zi."
Zi looked at Crystal up and down with three sharp eyes. She didn't recognize her even though she looked remotely like the rest of the skinny people besides large wings. Maybe she just never really noticed her or something. With her regularly plastered frown, she began to write in her journal. She didn't want to mess up her name, even though it was quite simple. Pressing the pen against her chin with a click, she stuck the pen into the spiral of the notebook. In there stood a very long and in an unfamiliar language a name that no one could comprehend. But under that stood three words in simple and neat handwriting. "Call me Zi."
[ @o0cosmiclatte0o and @BetaArt Please post or i will have to remove you from the RP.]
[Also, sorry about being dead, ive been busy trying to reconnect with old friends, and out of inspiration to write]
Knott nodded, Zi had the right idea. Something big had changed, internally, externally, or otherwise. Magic is unlikely, and an event at this scale must have taken huge amounts of energy, based off of the books anyway. Cancelling it must have had drawbacks for the user, overflow of power rushing back to them. This was truly a dilemma.
His head perked up when Kaia spoke of going to the football field. Open area would be easier to see who was arriving, rather than guessing who was around the corner, and easier to run, but less objects to use for distractions.

“Theres no ‘we’. Just me being nice by noticing the guy who gives me a place to sleep thinkin that this is a good waste of my time.” Calise said monotonously, taking a box from her pocket, which had a few cigarettes and a lighter inside the paper thing. She took out a cig, holding it in her mouth when she lit it and breathed in, her eyes relaxing slightly when the plumes floated out of her nose as she walked out of the hallway and into the gym corridor, stopping right in front of the previous group of monsters that were aggressive.

[Not to be known, just a bit on who’s going on..]

When it created the world, it was a child. It was young and infinite, and wanted to watch a show. It could create and disturb but never easily take, so it created toys. Twenty humans, twenty monsters, fifty plants and animals. For a short while, it was good. The being watched as they played on the land it created, making excuses for who they were.
When the being was beginning to learn, monsters and humans created the worst outcome in the best scenario, war.
The humans, with their mind and technology ever strong, and the monsters, with their magic and claws, both fought for miniscule amounts of the power of this being, that it itself didn’t understand. The thing made a barrier as an easy way out, making an instant peace. The lonely god slept, within the land, but ever watching its creations and their shenanigans.
For the first time, the god was limited. It was held with a terrible force, trapping it in a cage it created, as the ever curious creatures burrowed into its skull to “prevent it from killing”.
Today’s actions were its first cry for help.
[ @o0cosmiclatte0o and @BetaArt Please post or i will have to remove you from the RP.]
[Also, sorry about being dead, ive been busy trying to reconnect with old friends, and out of inspiration to write]
Knott nodded, Zi had the right idea. Something big had changed, internally, externally, or otherwise. Magic is unlikely, and an event at this scale must have taken huge amounts of energy, based off of the books anyway. Cancelling it must have had drawbacks for the user, overflow of power rushing back to them. This was truly a dilemma.
His head perked up when Kaia spoke of going to the football field. Open area would be easier to see who was arriving, rather than guessing who was around the corner, and easier to run, but less objects to use for distractions.

“Theres no ‘we’. Just me being nice by noticing the guy who gives me a place to sleep thinkin that this is a good waste of my time.” Calise said monotonously, taking a box from her pocket, which had a few cigarettes and a lighter inside the paper thing. She took out a cig, holding it in her mouth when she lit it and breathed in, her eyes relaxing slightly when the plumes floated out of her nose as she walked out of the hallway and into the gym corridor, stopping right in front of the previous group of monsters that were aggressive.

[Not to be known, just a bit on who’s going on..]

When it created the world, it was a child. It was young and infinite, and wanted to watch a show. It could create and disturb but never easily take, so it created toys. Twenty humans, twenty monsters, fifty plants and animals. For a short while, it was good. The being watched as they played on the land it created, making excuses for who they were.
When the being was beginning to learn, monsters and humans created the worst outcome in the best scenario, war.
The humans, with their mind and technology ever strong, and the monsters, with their magic and claws, both fought for miniscule amounts of the power of this being, that it itself didn’t understand. The thing made a barrier as an easy way out, making an instant peace. The lonely god slept, within the land, but ever watching its creations and their shenanigans.
For the first time, the god was limited. It was held with a terrible force, trapping it in a cage it created, as the ever curious creatures burrowed into its skull to “prevent it from killing”.
Today’s actions were its first cry for help.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9