Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Update: 5th Anniversary
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 151 152
It's very comforting to know a revert-to-common item will be added eventually! Multi-gaze really freaks me out, and I'm sure it's worse for anyone who gets sick from body-horror stuff. An item like that will really help out!

I'm still upset some of my Light oldies won't have the soft yellow eyes they used to, at least not without using probably all the Scattersight Vials I managed to find, but I understand wanting to make everything the same across the breeds.
It's very comforting to know a revert-to-common item will be added eventually! Multi-gaze really freaks me out, and I'm sure it's worse for anyone who gets sick from body-horror stuff. An item like that will really help out!

I'm still upset some of my Light oldies won't have the soft yellow eyes they used to, at least not without using probably all the Scattersight Vials I managed to find, but I understand wanting to make everything the same across the breeds.
m1cUkRV.gif
She/Her
FR Time +3
tumblr_otyiqh3lqC1vsg0m1o1_400.png
WWoZukB.gif
K1BzZ.gifkgeky.gifz9uHK.gifuCfko.gifoMnSD.gif9Ml2E.gifjC6vB.gifHcwce.gifQvahY.gifDT4ED.gifGE7cM.gifLmJla.gif7ac7F.gifMspSr.gifGLxad.gifIpCPd.gifF5tbm.gifIYId4.gifIlIZj.gif
This still doesn't explain the issue of skins--most if not all primal eyes change the silhouette and lineart of the dragon, making it officially impossible to design a skin that works with every dragon of a particular breed. (Spines did the same, but it was a much smaller, much less obvious change in the lineart.) Glowing eyes will also break skins for similar reasons, most notably the fact that the glow itself sits outside the eye socket.

Skins aren't allowed to cover up the eyes of a dragon, but what about when the eyes break the bounds of the lineart? Would a skin designed for a multi-eye dragon be considered an accent because it has so many gaps? Can you design a skin or accent that follows the contours of Plague or Shadow primal eyes?
This still doesn't explain the issue of skins--most if not all primal eyes change the silhouette and lineart of the dragon, making it officially impossible to design a skin that works with every dragon of a particular breed. (Spines did the same, but it was a much smaller, much less obvious change in the lineart.) Glowing eyes will also break skins for similar reasons, most notably the fact that the glow itself sits outside the eye socket.

Skins aren't allowed to cover up the eyes of a dragon, but what about when the eyes break the bounds of the lineart? Would a skin designed for a multi-eye dragon be considered an accent because it has so many gaps? Can you design a skin or accent that follows the contours of Plague or Shadow primal eyes?
I'm personally impartial to this event and the update; I like that there's an added challenge to getting dragons but since I tend to be a G1 fandragon perfectionist there isn't really much affects my playstyle aside from the potential to hatch strange and unusual fodder.

However I do feel that the entire event could have been handled a bit better. What I and a lot of other players seem to be feeling is that there's a visible disconnect between the staff who implement changes and the actual userbase and the playstyles of the site.

While FR is ultimately the staff's game to control, there should be some balance between the staff's vision for the site and what actually comes about when ideas make contact with the userbase. Some compromise- the release of the Vials of Scattersight- already has happened, but for some users this doesn't mitigate the fact that, for one reason or another, their ideal dragon will remain, save for freakish luck, entirely out of the realm of possibility. While FR is not about instant gratification and is about the quest to obtain the perfect dragon, at some point a line has to be drawn. Based on the site-gathered statistics, it seems that the chance to get Primal is less than 1%, implying that one would have to spend 200kg on average to get Primal eyes on an already existing dragon. To compare: that is already 40% of the way to an Imperial scroll, which while rare and retired itself, guarantees with 100% percent certainty that whoever uses it will get their dragon changed into an Imperial. If someone was statistically unlucky, it is theoretically plausible to blow the cost of an Imperial scroll on a dragon and still not get what they want.

So, essentially, I'm saying that on the whole I feel like there needs to be a little more give and take in the interaction between the staff and the userbase (the userbase, admittedly, could be much more kind in its interactions; the staff could take into account the userbase's playstyles and quality of life needs)

And also because I'm a big nerd for transparency I wrote all this so I could ask at the end for the admins to make the odds for the Scattersight chances public. Fat chance, but hey, the worst that you can say is no!
I'm personally impartial to this event and the update; I like that there's an added challenge to getting dragons but since I tend to be a G1 fandragon perfectionist there isn't really much affects my playstyle aside from the potential to hatch strange and unusual fodder.

However I do feel that the entire event could have been handled a bit better. What I and a lot of other players seem to be feeling is that there's a visible disconnect between the staff who implement changes and the actual userbase and the playstyles of the site.

While FR is ultimately the staff's game to control, there should be some balance between the staff's vision for the site and what actually comes about when ideas make contact with the userbase. Some compromise- the release of the Vials of Scattersight- already has happened, but for some users this doesn't mitigate the fact that, for one reason or another, their ideal dragon will remain, save for freakish luck, entirely out of the realm of possibility. While FR is not about instant gratification and is about the quest to obtain the perfect dragon, at some point a line has to be drawn. Based on the site-gathered statistics, it seems that the chance to get Primal is less than 1%, implying that one would have to spend 200kg on average to get Primal eyes on an already existing dragon. To compare: that is already 40% of the way to an Imperial scroll, which while rare and retired itself, guarantees with 100% percent certainty that whoever uses it will get their dragon changed into an Imperial. If someone was statistically unlucky, it is theoretically plausible to blow the cost of an Imperial scroll on a dragon and still not get what they want.

So, essentially, I'm saying that on the whole I feel like there needs to be a little more give and take in the interaction between the staff and the userbase (the userbase, admittedly, could be much more kind in its interactions; the staff could take into account the userbase's playstyles and quality of life needs)

And also because I'm a big nerd for transparency I wrote all this so I could ask at the end for the admins to make the odds for the Scattersight chances public. Fat chance, but hey, the worst that you can say is no!
vnfnSuk.gif
Thank you so much for addressing this. I, myself, like the new eye types and can understand why you let the scattersight vials retire, though I'm just a tad bummed about that, but I'll get over it. The revert-to-common eye vial option will definitely be a relief.

I do need some clarification though. With the intention of adding in more eye-type vials in the future, will those new eye types have a chance of appearing on hatchlings upon hatching nests as well? Or does that only apply to the current natural eye types?
Thank you so much for addressing this. I, myself, like the new eye types and can understand why you let the scattersight vials retire, though I'm just a tad bummed about that, but I'll get over it. The revert-to-common eye vial option will definitely be a relief.

I do need some clarification though. With the intention of adding in more eye-type vials in the future, will those new eye types have a chance of appearing on hatchlings upon hatching nests as well? Or does that only apply to the current natural eye types?
Eco1dmi.png Egg Art Shop

Skin shop

Art Shop
@Aequorin

OOO, please tell me the coli may drop some kind of new eye type .o. (and we need medium teir cool items...no need to respond i just need it to be known, only respond to my first part) also even tho it was crazy...i love le new eyes...thanks so much :3
@Aequorin

OOO, please tell me the coli may drop some kind of new eye type .o. (and we need medium teir cool items...no need to respond i just need it to be known, only respond to my first part) also even tho it was crazy...i love le new eyes...thanks so much :3
TBD
[quote name="Kysska" date="2018-06-11 16:56:54" ] Still pretty bummed out as a non-breeder / old dragon collector that I'm getting shafted out of some dragon appearance options. I see zero reason why any of them at all need to be locked to new hatches only. [/quote] Again, very good point. @aequorin Will the staff please consider adding Multi-Gaze and Primal Vials, they can be hard to obtain but that doesn't matter as long as they exist and give us the chance to get our old, irreplacable dragons some eyes they deserve? I agree with many people on here, Multi-Gaze and Primal should definitely be labelled as Unnatural eyes. I'm not saying they should be removed from breeding but, we are begging you, give older and most dedicated players with oldest dragons an unlikely but [b]solid[/b] chance to get their precious dragons unique eyes. It's already hard enough as it is, please don't let our dedication be in vain.
Kysska wrote on 2018-06-11 16:56:54:
Still pretty bummed out as a non-breeder / old dragon collector that I'm getting shafted out of some dragon appearance options. I see zero reason why any of them at all need to be locked to new hatches only.

Again, very good point. @aequorin Will the staff please consider adding Multi-Gaze and Primal Vials, they can be hard to obtain but that doesn't matter as long as they exist and give us the chance to get our old, irreplacable dragons some eyes they deserve? I agree with many people on here, Multi-Gaze and Primal should definitely be labelled as Unnatural eyes. I'm not saying they should be removed from breeding but, we are begging you, give older and most dedicated players with oldest dragons an unlikely but solid chance to get their precious dragons unique eyes. It's already hard enough as it is, please don't let our dedication be in vain.
1163.pnglPHbqY1.png15295.pngdominator_magma_robot_by_defunctbattery-db7x12o.gifznkYagL.png
[quote name="Lycaon1765" date="2018-06-11 17:01:42" ] [quote name="amuseoffirebane" date="2018-06-11 16:46:46" ] Agreeing with SkralDrog, there should have been a feedback period before the eyes were changed. I don't understand why we were consulted on Tapir/Striation, as an example, but not on pending changes to our existing dragons. [/quote] I [i]assume[/i] that April fool's was probably a market test for the eyes. Makes sense if you think about it. [/quote] @lycaon1765 huh? I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. Aside from the Marva apparel eyes I don't remember anything being done to the dragons eyes. And the poll for Tapir/Striation was in May 2017.
Lycaon1765 wrote on 2018-06-11 17:01:42:
amuseoffirebane wrote on 2018-06-11 16:46:46:
Agreeing with SkralDrog, there should have been a feedback period before the eyes were changed. I don't understand why we were consulted on Tapir/Striation, as an example, but not on pending changes to our existing dragons.
I assume that April fool's was probably a market test for the eyes. Makes sense if you think about it.
@lycaon1765 huh? I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. Aside from the Marva apparel eyes I don't remember anything being done to the dragons eyes. And the poll for Tapir/Striation was in May 2017.
Small badge for 'Cryptkeepers' subspeciesSmall badge reading 'DWF' for the Dragonwish FoundationSmall badge for 'Living Globes' subspeciesSmall badge for 'Solar System' hatchery"Small
Will you be adjusting the vial ratios at all for the genes? Honestly, need to know if the vials are useless to me or not if I want multi-eye still
Will you be adjusting the vial ratios at all for the genes? Honestly, need to know if the vials are useless to me or not if I want multi-eye still
tumblr_p0bu2bkTQP1t23xwco1_500.jpg
thank you guys so much
thank you guys so much
visit my favorites!

Leszyslz // Junkpile // Wolfsbane // Ruckus // Rowan

she/her. hoards tarantulas and rabbits in-game! ask me about anything dinosaur, cow, or rabbit related :)
Whoo, I'm super happy to see this! It's more than I ever could have hoped for. Some answers to the common questions, and the planned changes are looking all good from here!

Now that it's been pointed out, I'm eager to see what new eye types you'll come up with! (I wonder if there will be eyes designed to look like other breeds? Like large fae-like eyes for SD's or thin, piercing eyes for Spirals... that would be awesome!)

I love how this post has been approached. Keep going, FR Team. I'm super excited about this update now that I don't have to worry about being stuck with weird eyes any more ^^
Whoo, I'm super happy to see this! It's more than I ever could have hoped for. Some answers to the common questions, and the planned changes are looking all good from here!

Now that it's been pointed out, I'm eager to see what new eye types you'll come up with! (I wonder if there will be eyes designed to look like other breeds? Like large fae-like eyes for SD's or thin, piercing eyes for Spirals... that would be awesome!)

I love how this post has been approached. Keep going, FR Team. I'm super excited about this update now that I don't have to worry about being stuck with weird eyes any more ^^
necbzO5.pngMpoIPJl.pngIV3xLn6.png9oWXBNn.pngHxJ7se6.pngXRLXA9U.pngJ3m9KOk.gif
DHc3orZ.png
Glimmer & Gloom Guides
Hard:
V Hard:

e1P0V4T.png
10p7wif.gif
lair completion quest
Dragon sales/giveaways
Dragon Dresser shop!
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 151 152