Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Lore] Primal eyes
How do they work in lore since they go beyond just the eye? Some look obvious, like arcane is just runes on the skin and earth lookes similar to gembond and the shadow eyes drip goop constantly like Shadowbinder probably but like are there snowflakes constantly falling from the ice eyes like tears or do they just hover there frozen or are they like a skin marking?

What is the wind coming out of wind eyes? Is it like a green colored mist or something that floats around or is it constantly being shot out of their eyes? Same with fire.

Do water primal eyes just have water swirling around them just above the skin all the time?

Are those like fixed lightning bolts like eye antlers or something or is there like static electricity radiating out of the corner of their eyes?

Do any of these impede with their vision? Like wouldn't it be distracting to have an extra light source coming out of the corner of your eyes? Or water/mist swirling around your eyes at all times?

Also, I thought it was interesting that they specified that weird eyes don't correspond with any special elemental powers in the lore.
How do they work in lore since they go beyond just the eye? Some look obvious, like arcane is just runes on the skin and earth lookes similar to gembond and the shadow eyes drip goop constantly like Shadowbinder probably but like are there snowflakes constantly falling from the ice eyes like tears or do they just hover there frozen or are they like a skin marking?

What is the wind coming out of wind eyes? Is it like a green colored mist or something that floats around or is it constantly being shot out of their eyes? Same with fire.

Do water primal eyes just have water swirling around them just above the skin all the time?

Are those like fixed lightning bolts like eye antlers or something or is there like static electricity radiating out of the corner of their eyes?

Do any of these impede with their vision? Like wouldn't it be distracting to have an extra light source coming out of the corner of your eyes? Or water/mist swirling around your eyes at all times?

Also, I thought it was interesting that they specified that weird eyes don't correspond with any special elemental powers in the lore.
ice_rune_50x50.png ICEWARDEN_sig.png
Dragons are made of magic, it might be just manifesting outside instead of only when they use their powers. Wind and Fire are probably like the flaming eye effect that's in a lot of things where it just constantly happens.
Dragons are made of magic, it might be just manifesting outside instead of only when they use their powers. Wind and Fire are probably like the flaming eye effect that's in a lot of things where it just constantly happens.
QYzhmAi.png
I think the snowflakes are like tears. Honestly, frozen tears would have been an equally cool choice for this...

I do think that in the case of some primals (i.e earth and plague) it does get in the way of vision for some obvious reasons.

I like to think of light primal dragons as blind visually, but it is a sign of being blessed because it then makes them impartial (in the way of judgement) since they cannot see. It kind of ties into my clan lore, where certain dragons blind themselves via one means or another to create that same impartiality in themselves.

Lightning primal eyes look like constant sparks to me. As for water, I really don't know- those eyes defy all laws of physics.

I think the snowflakes are like tears. Honestly, frozen tears would have been an equally cool choice for this...

I do think that in the case of some primals (i.e earth and plague) it does get in the way of vision for some obvious reasons.

I like to think of light primal dragons as blind visually, but it is a sign of being blessed because it then makes them impartial (in the way of judgement) since they cannot see. It kind of ties into my clan lore, where certain dragons blind themselves via one means or another to create that same impartiality in themselves.

Lightning primal eyes look like constant sparks to me. As for water, I really don't know- those eyes defy all laws of physics.

XOxv5KE.png
@Cytus

That's an interesting thought.

The lore didn't seem to indicate that dragons with primal eyes are all blind, but I wonder if perhaps blindness would be more common in dragons with primal (or faceted) eyes. Conversely, do dragons with multigaze actually receive visual input they can process from all those eyes or are they just nonfunctional?

I figured the light primal just had light emitting out of their eyes (very bright to look at) but that it would actually improve their vision since light and vision seem related to me. But I can also see how blindness could be tied to light in lore considering their pursuit of truth. I suppose it could be used in both ways.
@Cytus

That's an interesting thought.

The lore didn't seem to indicate that dragons with primal eyes are all blind, but I wonder if perhaps blindness would be more common in dragons with primal (or faceted) eyes. Conversely, do dragons with multigaze actually receive visual input they can process from all those eyes or are they just nonfunctional?

I figured the light primal just had light emitting out of their eyes (very bright to look at) but that it would actually improve their vision since light and vision seem related to me. But I can also see how blindness could be tied to light in lore considering their pursuit of truth. I suppose it could be used in both ways.
[img]https://thumbs.gfycat.com/JoyousWeightyHusky-size_restricted.gif[/img] Water eyes tbh (I love them and think they look super cool though imho)
JoyousWeightyHusky-size_restricted.gif

Water eyes tbh

(I love them and think they look super cool though imho)
sQ35KLV.png
I like pings
@qwigoqwaga

The thing is, your eyes see by receiving light. (which is processed by your lens, it strikes the retina, and your brain processes it into an image) (and this is the super dumbed down explanation lol) If your eyes are outputting light, it would interfere with the receiving of light, and would most definitely cause some issues with vision.

As for the multigaze: I don't really know? I just imagine that seeing from your leg would be awkward and it'd also be painful for a multitude of other reasons considering the location of that eye.
@qwigoqwaga

The thing is, your eyes see by receiving light. (which is processed by your lens, it strikes the retina, and your brain processes it into an image) (and this is the super dumbed down explanation lol) If your eyes are outputting light, it would interfere with the receiving of light, and would most definitely cause some issues with vision.

As for the multigaze: I don't really know? I just imagine that seeing from your leg would be awkward and it'd also be painful for a multitude of other reasons considering the location of that eye.
XOxv5KE.png
@Cytus

Right but I can't explain how else they'd be so bright unless they're also just emitting magic light XD Maybe it's more like a reflection then? Like a one way mirror or something. Their eyes receive the light bu when someone else looks that them, they see all the light reflecting off the retina.

Hm...I wonder if parents of hatchlings with multigaze then would opt to have the extra eyes surgically removed or shut. Especially since eyes can be entrance into the body for germs. Their immune systems would either be super buff or many of them would become sick or die when they're very young. (multigaze seems very plague specific...it's kind of odd it's an elemental mutation for all elements)
(but also, imagine having seasonal allergies and crying all over your body ;-;)
@Cytus

Right but I can't explain how else they'd be so bright unless they're also just emitting magic light XD Maybe it's more like a reflection then? Like a one way mirror or something. Their eyes receive the light bu when someone else looks that them, they see all the light reflecting off the retina.

Hm...I wonder if parents of hatchlings with multigaze then would opt to have the extra eyes surgically removed or shut. Especially since eyes can be entrance into the body for germs. Their immune systems would either be super buff or many of them would become sick or die when they're very young. (multigaze seems very plague specific...it's kind of odd it's an elemental mutation for all elements)
(but also, imagine having seasonal allergies and crying all over your body ;-;)
@qwigoqwaga

I mean, Primal eyes are described as the manifestation of one's element outside of their body, so it's probably magical light. Perhaps they can see by willfully turning the light off, if that's even possible? And mirrors only reflect the amount of light that is shined at them, so the eyes would not glow in dark places/places with insufficient light.

Surgery would.. Woah. I don't know anything about medicine so I'm the wrong person to ask for this, but yeah.. Having that many eyes would definitely call for plague-tier immunities. Crying all over your body... omg :'D
@qwigoqwaga

I mean, Primal eyes are described as the manifestation of one's element outside of their body, so it's probably magical light. Perhaps they can see by willfully turning the light off, if that's even possible? And mirrors only reflect the amount of light that is shined at them, so the eyes would not glow in dark places/places with insufficient light.

Surgery would.. Woah. I don't know anything about medicine so I'm the wrong person to ask for this, but yeah.. Having that many eyes would definitely call for plague-tier immunities. Crying all over your body... omg :'D
XOxv5KE.png
plague is what happens when u drop a dragon into the wyrmwound

shadow is either a spirit (u know those more ghost movies where the mouth and eyes are void like) or completely made of shadow

also if u look closely it isnt an eye socket (its 3d), it is actually an eye with shadowbinder tears coming out of it

water is based on the spiral keep i think
plague is what happens when u drop a dragon into the wyrmwound

shadow is either a spirit (u know those more ghost movies where the mouth and eyes are void like) or completely made of shadow

also if u look closely it isnt an eye socket (its 3d), it is actually an eye with shadowbinder tears coming out of it

water is based on the spiral keep i think
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
Give & get space tertiary game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
Maybe it has to do with the strength of the dragon's magic (not in coliseum). Eg. common are the least adept in their element and primal are masters of their element
Maybe it has to do with the strength of the dragon's magic (not in coliseum). Eg. common are the least adept in their element and primal are masters of their element
9+10