Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Vial of Scattersight Scatter Bug?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 12
[quote name="Trishun" date="2018-06-08 17:38:15" ] @AssassinIggy You mean you used it and you got primal but the next time when you looked at your dragon it was something else? Because I think this just happened to me too...I used a lot of them on my boy Aaron and finally endet up with Light Faceted (I actually was going for the multyeye one but after I endet up with Faceted I compared them in the scrying workshop and thought that Faceted looked better on him...) but then when I looked at him again he was back to Light Uncommon... Should we make a different thread tho? I mean this one isn't really about that... [/quote] Common is the default normal eye type, so it's not like they reverted back to normal, they changed to uncommon after they were originally changed to primal. And I only used one so I have no idea why this happened. Please ping me if you make a thread about this though.
Trishun wrote on 2018-06-08 17:38:15:
@AssassinIggy

You mean you used it and you got primal but the next time when you looked at your dragon it was something else?

Because I think this just happened to me too...I used a lot of them on my boy Aaron and finally endet up with Light Faceted (I actually was going for the multyeye one but after I endet up with Faceted I compared them in the scrying workshop and thought that Faceted looked better on him...) but then when I looked at him again he was back to Light Uncommon...

Should we make a different thread tho? I mean this one isn't really about that...

Common is the default normal eye type, so it's not like they reverted back to normal, they changed to uncommon after they were originally changed to primal. And I only used one so I have no idea why this happened.

Please ping me if you make a thread about this though.
[img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/2deae067241d8442b02b088778be8f0f/tumblr_okr2noxs4c1r8eddeo1_250.gif[/img] staff baybee where u at, even just a comment on this issue would be awesome. plus that there seems to be a scale of rarity that was never mentioned at all? do we gotta get this to 100 replies first or wuh
tumblr_okr2noxs4c1r8eddeo1_250.gif

staff baybee where u at, even just a comment on this issue would be awesome. plus that there seems to be a scale of rarity that was never mentioned at all? do we gotta get this to 100 replies first or wuh
VGxuHXT.png
I've just gotten eight unusuals in a row. That seems not good, especially since uncommon is supposed to be the most common eye scatter type? Seriously, I think Mitri's stuck.
I've just gotten eight unusuals in a row. That seems not good, especially since uncommon is supposed to be the most common eye scatter type? Seriously, I think Mitri's stuck.
Food? Food? FOOD!
tumblr_inline_o1jshi1q2F1rbazpx_250.png tumblr_ozbmajllGL1w8xkufo2_250.png
I had both the initial scroll use did nothing bug as well as the repeated uncommon bug, but maybe the second one is not a bug after all? It's still very frustrating.
I had both the initial scroll use did nothing bug as well as the repeated uncommon bug, but maybe the second one is not a bug after all? It's still very frustrating.
250.png
I got rare eyes 3 times in a row on the same dragon which could have happened naturally but seems so unlikely was wondering if it might be a bug?
I got rare eyes 3 times in a row on the same dragon which could have happened naturally but seems so unlikely was wondering if it might be a bug?
HdmxfuE.png
KYSFCiZ.png
eswSnrS.png
yQ62HIx.png
Need a Light nest?

Always happy to host for food / junk apparel / Baldwin
materials when I have space!
LOR2.png
[quote name="@marropo" date="2018-06-08 19:17:50" ] I got rare eyes 3 times in a row on the same dragon which could have happened naturally but seems so unlikely was wondering if it might be a bug? [/quote] That's about a .195% chance- I've gotten 11 in a row for mine so far, want me to send you my next coli vial to see how many you can get in a row?
@marropo wrote on 2018-06-08 19:17:50:

That's about a .195% chance- I've gotten 11 in a row for mine so far, want me to send you my next coli vial to see how many you can get in a row?
Food? Food? FOOD!
tumblr_inline_o1jshi1q2F1rbazpx_250.png tumblr_ozbmajllGL1w8xkufo2_250.png
I was excited for this new feature, but after trying three hard-earned vials and experiencing the same as many posters here (uncommon every time) all of the appeal of this feature has died.

If other players are spending dozens of vials just to get anything besides uncommon what hope do I have of achieving the look I am going for on even one of my dragons before these items are gone forever? Not to mention the massive risk undertaken with each attempt (because if you run out of time or vials at the wrong moment an old and beloved dragon could be permanently disfigured).

It seems to me these vials are not truly as random as their description claims. Uncommon seems to be by far the most common outcome. I can understand the rarities when it comes to breeding, but considering the extremely limited run planned for these scattersight vials the same rules should not apply. You've already artificially jacked their rarity to astronomical levels (just two days and these items will become unobtainium). Please give us a fair chance at claiming our desired eyes on at least a few dragons.

I spent almost the entire day brewing and coli grinding and still feel my eye goals are impossible... and I'm just trying to alter two dragons. Woe be to those with loftier plans!
I was excited for this new feature, but after trying three hard-earned vials and experiencing the same as many posters here (uncommon every time) all of the appeal of this feature has died.

If other players are spending dozens of vials just to get anything besides uncommon what hope do I have of achieving the look I am going for on even one of my dragons before these items are gone forever? Not to mention the massive risk undertaken with each attempt (because if you run out of time or vials at the wrong moment an old and beloved dragon could be permanently disfigured).

It seems to me these vials are not truly as random as their description claims. Uncommon seems to be by far the most common outcome. I can understand the rarities when it comes to breeding, but considering the extremely limited run planned for these scattersight vials the same rules should not apply. You've already artificially jacked their rarity to astronomical levels (just two days and these items will become unobtainium). Please give us a fair chance at claiming our desired eyes on at least a few dragons.

I spent almost the entire day brewing and coli grinding and still feel my eye goals are impossible... and I'm just trying to alter two dragons. Woe be to those with loftier plans!
Update: used my remaining vials. Here is the full results of my scatters:

Vial of Scattersite
1: Rare
2: Uncommon
3: Unusual
4: Uncommon
5: Rare
6: Uncommon
7: Unusual
8: Uncommon
9: Uncommon
10: Uncommon
11: Uncommon
12: Uncommon
13: Unusual
14: Uncommon
15: Uncommon
16: Uncommon
17: Uncommon

I'm not happy.

I definitely think it shouldn't be possible to reroll the same eyes. I know for colours you can, but you are rolling 3 colours at the same time, the chance of having the exact same result is so small it's okay I think. But in this case it's just a waste. Especially with an item that retires in 2 days time. If it was an item that stayed forever? Sure. I could allow it, annoying yes, but at least it's more viable. Eventually they will run out, as they're used up when used. Not like sprites where they remain in game forever (even if on innactive accounts).
Update: used my remaining vials. Here is the full results of my scatters:

Vial of Scattersite
1: Rare
2: Uncommon
3: Unusual
4: Uncommon
5: Rare
6: Uncommon
7: Unusual
8: Uncommon
9: Uncommon
10: Uncommon
11: Uncommon
12: Uncommon
13: Unusual
14: Uncommon
15: Uncommon
16: Uncommon
17: Uncommon

I'm not happy.

I definitely think it shouldn't be possible to reroll the same eyes. I know for colours you can, but you are rolling 3 colours at the same time, the chance of having the exact same result is so small it's okay I think. But in this case it's just a waste. Especially with an item that retires in 2 days time. If it was an item that stayed forever? Sure. I could allow it, annoying yes, but at least it's more viable. Eventually they will run out, as they're used up when used. Not like sprites where they remain in game forever (even if on innactive accounts).
tumblr_n9rjznP5bt1qd0s8ko10_500.png
I had the same problem. I used three on this dragon and it's not changed a single time since the first? I thought it was just bad luck, but... it's starting to look like it's a bug.

I had the same problem. I used three on this dragon and it's not changed a single time since the first? I thought it was just bad luck, but... it's starting to look like it's a bug.

294869_900.png421497_900.png421214_900.png341914_900.png
@SpectralDragon Wow I knew the odds were low but...holy cow. Just my luck too when I was going for the lowest rarity eyes! I wouldn't mind in the name of science but I feel bad accepting without offering anything in return?

Also just in case anyone's tracking duplicate eye scrolls by type it was earth rare I got 3x in a row.
@SpectralDragon Wow I knew the odds were low but...holy cow. Just my luck too when I was going for the lowest rarity eyes! I wouldn't mind in the name of science but I feel bad accepting without offering anything in return?

Also just in case anyone's tracking duplicate eye scrolls by type it was earth rare I got 3x in a row.
HdmxfuE.png
KYSFCiZ.png
eswSnrS.png
yQ62HIx.png
Need a Light nest?

Always happy to host for food / junk apparel / Baldwin
materials when I have space!
LOR2.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 12