Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 5th Anniversary Celebration
1 2 ... 181 182 183 184 185 ... 304 305
Can someone please also explain to me what logic there was - if any - behind the choice to NOT include common eyes among the scatter results (assumably because of how unfair it'd be to scatter and get "nothing"), and yet not make it so that the result is 100% going to be different from what was there before said scatter (effectively meaning, there's still boatloads of potential to scatter and get "nothing" out of it)??

As it sits, a person can start with a dragon who has common eyes, roll and get say uncommon, and on subsequent scatters continue to get uncommon over and over and OVER. Why isn't it common -> uncommon ->rare -> uncommon -> unusual -> primal -> uncommon -> etc for example? 100% garunteed to be different at least for each scatter. That's just gross negligence there...
Can someone please also explain to me what logic there was - if any - behind the choice to NOT include common eyes among the scatter results (assumably because of how unfair it'd be to scatter and get "nothing"), and yet not make it so that the result is 100% going to be different from what was there before said scatter (effectively meaning, there's still boatloads of potential to scatter and get "nothing" out of it)??

As it sits, a person can start with a dragon who has common eyes, roll and get say uncommon, and on subsequent scatters continue to get uncommon over and over and OVER. Why isn't it common -> uncommon ->rare -> uncommon -> unusual -> primal -> uncommon -> etc for example? 100% garunteed to be different at least for each scatter. That's just gross negligence there...
Perpetually in search of dragons hatched August 30, 2013
Love the new eyes. Feel bad for people who are freaked out by multi eye as there will be nothing they can do if they stuck with one. I'm a little miffed the scatter eye will go away. I mean if you want to make it expensive gem thing I'd be okay with that. Taking it away is just seems pointless and kinda mean.

Still the new eyes mostly look amazing. I'm blown away at the amount of work that had to go into this. SO looking forward to lair storage. I need me some primal shadow eyes for real.
Love the new eyes. Feel bad for people who are freaked out by multi eye as there will be nothing they can do if they stuck with one. I'm a little miffed the scatter eye will go away. I mean if you want to make it expensive gem thing I'd be okay with that. Taking it away is just seems pointless and kinda mean.

Still the new eyes mostly look amazing. I'm blown away at the amount of work that had to go into this. SO looking forward to lair storage. I need me some primal shadow eyes for real.
GlS.png yM3UhU9.pngBscLYTX.png LLORxh0.pngLure Fox here
[quote name="LunaSilverWolf" date="2018-06-08 00:30:06" ] My thoughts on Eyes™ On one hand EYES!!! On the other hand this is gonna screw up SO MANY BREEDING PROJECTS FOR PEOPLE. Like if someone was breeding for a certain color combo and the eye color was the Main Thing™ about said breeding project and they ended up getting one of the types of new eyes that ISN’T what they wanted/what works well with said breeding project, they would be understandably angry about it. I really, REALLY hope staff create an item to change the eyes back to normal as well because if not tbh I think it could be a BIG breaking point for the community as a whole. OR don’t retire the eye scatter vials but instead change the drop rate to ridiculously rare and/or take away the brewing, AND make the common eyes an option if possible. Like if a dragon was born with Multi-eyes it could scatter back to common eyes. I think it could be added to the code that they can’t scatter to something it already has since from the sounds of it that’s sort of how it’s setup to begin with. Or maybe at least make them drop for a week since players may not have time to grind in two days for vials. These are just my thoughts about everything and I hope that my point get’s across without being too harsh. [/quote] I'm repinging this because my friend caught it and it's exactly my concerns and thoughts. Thank you so much for putting it so well @LunaSilverWolf The idea of not being able to cancel this effect, if desired, scares me so much. . . It's already hard to breed for a specific thing, and now. . . here's something I potentially can't change if it rolls up wrong. It would personally kill my week if I finally managed to get that elusive combo I'm breeding for and it had multigaze. Also. . . RNG hates me. . . I just need a red ooze. . . and the Coli never drops nice things for me. . . I want some spares just in case. . . so yes, I AM trying to grind for them :) Edit: I will also add, at least you gave us the glowing eyes that CAN guaranteed be shifted to. . . but it'd be nice to be able to drop them simply to common.
LunaSilverWolf wrote on 2018-06-08 00:30:06:
My thoughts on Eyes™

On one hand EYES!!!

On the other hand this is gonna screw up SO MANY BREEDING PROJECTS FOR PEOPLE.

Like if someone was breeding for a certain color combo and the eye color was the Main Thing™ about said breeding project and they ended up getting one of the types of new eyes that ISN’T what they wanted/what works well with said breeding project, they would be understandably angry about it.

I really, REALLY hope staff create an item to change the eyes back to normal as well because if not tbh I think it could be a BIG breaking point for the community as a whole.

OR don’t retire the eye scatter vials but instead change the drop rate to ridiculously rare and/or take away the brewing, AND make the common eyes an option if possible. Like if a dragon was born with Multi-eyes it could scatter back to common eyes. I think it could be added to the code that they can’t scatter to something it already has since from the sounds of it that’s sort of how it’s setup to begin with. Or maybe at least make them drop for a week since players may not have time to grind in two days for vials.

These are just my thoughts about everything and I hope that my point get’s across without being too harsh.
I'm repinging this because my friend caught it and it's exactly my concerns and thoughts. Thank you so much for putting it so well @LunaSilverWolf

The idea of not being able to cancel this effect, if desired, scares me so much. . . It's already hard to breed for a specific thing, and now. . . here's something I potentially can't change if it rolls up wrong. It would personally kill my week if I finally managed to get that elusive combo I'm breeding for and it had multigaze.

Also. . . RNG hates me. . . I just need a red ooze. . . and the Coli never drops nice things for me. . . I want some spares just in case. . . so yes, I AM trying to grind for them :)

Edit: I will also add, at least you gave us the glowing eyes that CAN guaranteed be shifted to. . . but it'd be nice to be able to drop them simply to common.
n0n05dr.jpg New Hatchlings available daily.
General 10-20 gems or thousand treasure price points. Negotiable.
Exalt Lair
XXX avoider - Unusual beauty breeder.
Incorrigible dragon hoarder.
Occasional bio art manipulator
@bootleg no you didn't sound rude its ok and i wasn't talking about everyone only the people that sound like just trolls now now that a calmed down about lol so no worries
@bootleg no you didn't sound rude its ok and i wasn't talking about everyone only the people that sound like just trolls now now that a calmed down about lol so no worries
[quote name="Fever" date="2018-06-08 17:08:23" ] [quote name="McAlli" date="2018-06-08 16:03:54" ] I have the RIGHT to speak up when I think something is off. And FR has the RIGHT to do whatever they want in terms of their own website. But then people have the RIGHT to leave the site, remove their monetary support, and advocate for others to do the same in response to site features that hurt more than they provide fun or challenge. That's just that. [/quote] And who is saying otherwise? The many posts of yours and the other disappointed players' prove that there is freedom of speech here. In this very moment there are 4700+ users online. Most of them don't even visit the forums so we don't know their opinions, and most of the happy players don't need to post or they just chime in for a cheerful comment (like many did even in this thread: Cool! AMazing! etc.). As always, the disappointed players are the most vocal and loud in the forums, and that is not surprising. How many disgruntled players threatening to leave the game do you count? You said "dozens and dozens". Let's say 50? 100? Even 200 if you want. So in your opionion if 200 players (out of almost 5000 currently online) disagree with a new feature, the staff should change its plans and go back on its words? Is this the fairness and the reliability you were speaking of? Or are there opinions more just than others, so they should be followed no matter what? Once again, I am with you on the "revert to common eyes": that scroll would be good, but by no means they are OBLIGED to give us that. I, like many other players, enjoy this change and the direction of the game A LOT, and I don't see why this should be swayed/stopped because a loud minority DEMANDS so. [/quote] Yo dawg, 4700 people are online because we're all frantically trying to get these vials from the coli. Most/all of us have been on the forums. Usual activity right now is like 1600-2000 peeps
Fever wrote on 2018-06-08 17:08:23:
McAlli wrote on 2018-06-08 16:03:54:
I have the RIGHT to speak up when I think something is off. And FR has the RIGHT to do whatever they want in terms of their own website. But then people have the RIGHT to leave the site, remove their monetary support, and advocate for others to do the same in response to site features that hurt more than they provide fun or challenge.
That's just that.

And who is saying otherwise? The many posts of yours and the other disappointed players' prove that there is freedom of speech here.

In this very moment there are 4700+ users online. Most of them don't even visit the forums so we don't know their opinions, and most of the happy players don't need to post or they just chime in for a cheerful comment (like many did even in this thread: Cool! AMazing! etc.).
As always, the disappointed players are the most vocal and loud in the forums, and that is not surprising.
How many disgruntled players threatening to leave the game do you count? You said "dozens and dozens". Let's say 50? 100? Even 200 if you want.

So in your opionion if 200 players (out of almost 5000 currently online) disagree with a new feature, the staff should change its plans and go back on its words? Is this the fairness and the reliability you were speaking of?
Or are there opinions more just than others, so they should be followed no matter what?

Once again, I am with you on the "revert to common eyes": that scroll would be good, but by no means they are OBLIGED to give us that.
I, like many other players, enjoy this change and the direction of the game A LOT, and I don't see why this should be swayed/stopped because a loud minority DEMANDS so.

Yo dawg, 4700 people are online because we're all frantically trying to get these vials from the coli. Most/all of us have been on the forums. Usual activity right now is like 1600-2000 peeps
Gem Market, Art Shops, and Discord Chats oh my!
2h3oaig.jpg
Pros-
*Brings new light into breeding
*Cool combos and new market trades for dragons on the AH
*Cool for lore ideas of clans, leaders, guards, what not.
*perhaps story ideas of how the dragons got them.
*baldwin brewing
Cons-
*uh, how do we change them back to basic?
*adoptable arts scream in the background
*poor breeding projects ruined when seen with multi-eyes
*MORE BALDWIN BREWING
*Could perhaps ruin a dragons look.
Questions? Comments?
*Will there be more kind of eyes in the future? Since there is a option in the AH? Like genes?
*people seem to really like the commons, perhaps you should see a option about changing it back?
*how will this all change how skins are made? This seems to be kind of a con in a way. People making the skin just for certain eyes and what not.
This is just my opinion, been here since 2014.
Pros-
*Brings new light into breeding
*Cool combos and new market trades for dragons on the AH
*Cool for lore ideas of clans, leaders, guards, what not.
*perhaps story ideas of how the dragons got them.
*baldwin brewing
Cons-
*uh, how do we change them back to basic?
*adoptable arts scream in the background
*poor breeding projects ruined when seen with multi-eyes
*MORE BALDWIN BREWING
*Could perhaps ruin a dragons look.
Questions? Comments?
*Will there be more kind of eyes in the future? Since there is a option in the AH? Like genes?
*people seem to really like the commons, perhaps you should see a option about changing it back?
*how will this all change how skins are made? This seems to be kind of a con in a way. People making the skin just for certain eyes and what not.
This is just my opinion, been here since 2014.
Lets_play_with_spirits.png
Happy 5th FR!

I am still a little new to the game since I just started playing on May 4, 2018. But I have had a lot of help from a few players.
I am enjoying the game very much to.

I was wondering how I can find out who is the mods on here.
On another game I have played on the person name is a different color like blue. Could someone please tell me how I can find them.
Happy 5th FR!

I am still a little new to the game since I just started playing on May 4, 2018. But I have had a lot of help from a few players.
I am enjoying the game very much to.

I was wondering how I can find out who is the mods on here.
On another game I have played on the person name is a different color like blue. Could someone please tell me how I can find them.
Check out my hatchery "Three Peas In A Pod Hatchery
b9aWflB.png
Neat way to start off the 5th anniversary.
Neat way to start off the 5th anniversary.
dragons dragons dragons
[quote name="Fever" date="2018-06-08 17:08:23" ] [quote name="McAlli" date="2018-06-08 16:03:54" ] I have the RIGHT to speak up when I think something is off. And FR has the RIGHT to do whatever they want in terms of their own website. But then people have the RIGHT to leave the site, remove their monetary support, and advocate for others to do the same in response to site features that hurt more than they provide fun or challenge. That's just that. [/quote] And who is saying otherwise? The many posts of yours and the other disappointed players' prove that there is freedom of speech here. In this very moment there are 4700+ users online. Most of them don't even visit the forums so we don't know their opinions, and most of the happy players don't need to post or they just chime in for a cheerful comment (like many did even in this thread: Cool! AMazing! etc.). As always, the disappointed players are the most vocal and loud in the forums, and that is not surprising. How many disgruntled players threatening to leave the game do you count? You said "dozens and dozens". Let's say 50? 100? Even 200 if you want. So in your opionion if 200 players (out of almost 5000 currently online) disagree with a new feature, the staff should change its plans and go back on its words? Is this the fairness and the reliability you were speaking of? Or are there opinions more just than others, so they should be followed no matter what? Once again, I am with you on the "revert to common eyes": that scroll would be good, but by no means they are OBLIGED to give us that. I, like many other players, enjoy this change and the direction of the game A LOT, and I don't see why this should be swayed/stopped because a loud minority DEMANDS so. [/quote] You are absolutely right. People who LOVE or HATE a thing are usually the only ones you hear. The vocal minority. However, in this case, it isn't people for and people against the update. It's people for the update, and people for changing how the update functions. This situation is great, in that any changes that are made, will not change how people who like the update interact with it, and will fix problems that people don't like it. NO ONE (that I've seen) is calling to completely revert the update. People only want to make it more accessible for EVERYONE and be more balanced. In the case of those who are unhappy with the common eyes, most would like to keep common as an option, but add back in the original eyes. I'm sure there's a way to say this that is more succinct, but by making some of the changes suggested, everyone who enjoys the update as is, can still enjoy the update. The ONLY people who get hurt by not retiring the Scattersight are people who want to save the Vials to sell for profit later. [b]My opinion[/b] is that resale value should not be the primary purpose of an item/mechanic on the site.
I have the RIGHT to speak up when I think something is off. And FR has the RIGHT to do whatever they want in terms of their own website. But then people have the RIGHT to leave the site, remove their monetary support, and advocate for others to do the same in response to site features that hurt more than they provide fun or challenge.
That's just that.

And who is saying otherwise? The many posts of yours and the other disappointed players' prove that there is freedom of speech here.

In this very moment there are 4700+ users online. Most of them don't even visit the forums so we don't know their opinions, and most of the happy players don't need to post or they just chime in for a cheerful comment (like many did even in this thread: Cool! AMazing! etc.).
As always, the disappointed players are the most vocal and loud in the forums, and that is not surprising.
How many disgruntled players threatening to leave the game do you count? You said "dozens and dozens". Let's say 50? 100? Even 200 if you want.

So in your opionion if 200 players (out of almost 5000 currently online) disagree with a new feature, the staff should change its plans and go back on its words? Is this the fairness and the reliability you were speaking of?
Or are there opinions more just than others, so they should be followed no matter what?

Once again, I am with you on the "revert to common eyes": that scroll would be good, but by no means they are OBLIGED to give us that.
I, like many other players, enjoy this change and the direction of the game A LOT, and I don't see why this should be swayed/stopped because a loud minority DEMANDS so.

You are absolutely right. People who LOVE or HATE a thing are usually the only ones you hear. The vocal minority.

However, in this case, it isn't people for and people against the update. It's people for the update, and people for changing how the update functions. This situation is great, in that any changes that are made, will not change how people who like the update interact with it, and will fix problems that people don't like it.

NO ONE (that I've seen) is calling to completely revert the update. People only want to make it more accessible for EVERYONE and be more balanced.

In the case of those who are unhappy with the common eyes, most would like to keep common as an option, but add back in the original eyes.

I'm sure there's a way to say this that is more succinct, but by making some of the changes suggested, everyone who enjoys the update as is, can still enjoy the update. The ONLY people who get hurt by not retiring the Scattersight are people who want to save the Vials to sell for profit later. My opinion is that resale value should not be the primary purpose of an item/mechanic on the site.
Q9opeXe.png...8ydRw4n.png...o022-d01-L-Firtarian.pngo141-d02-Firtarian.pngo141-d03-Firtarian.pngo141-d04-Firtarian.pngs1-d2-Firtarian.pngs1-d14-Firtarian.pngs1-d16-Firtarian.pngs1-d4-Firtarian.png
[quote name="Fever" date="2018-06-08 17:08:23" ] [quote name="McAlli" date="2018-06-08 16:03:54" ] I have the RIGHT to speak up when I think something is off. And FR has the RIGHT to do whatever they want in terms of their own website. But then people have the RIGHT to leave the site, remove their monetary support, and advocate for others to do the same in response to site features that hurt more than they provide fun or challenge. That's just that. [/quote] And who is saying otherwise? The many posts of yours and the other disappointed players' prove that there is freedom of speech here. In this very moment there are 4700+ users online. Most of them don't even visit the forums so we don't know their opinions, and most of the happy players don't need to post or they just chime in for a cheerful comment (like many did even in this thread: Cool! AMazing! etc.). As always, the disappointed players are the most vocal and loud in the forums, and that is not surprising. How many disgruntled players threatening to leave the game do you count? You said "dozens and dozens". Let's say 50? 100? Even 200 if you want. So in your opionion if 200 players (out of almost 5000 currently online) disagree with a new feature, the staff should change its plans and go back on its words? Is this the fairness and the reliability you were speaking of? Or are there opinions more just than others, so they should be followed no matter what? Once again, I am with you on the "revert to common eyes": that scroll would be good, but by no means they are OBLIGED to give us that. I, like many other players, enjoy this change and the direction of the game A LOT, and I don't see why this should be swayed/stopped because a loud minority DEMANDS so. [/quote] @Fever There are two problems: First of all you can't know IF it's a minority that is disappointed or not. A poll would really help here because right now you can say it's just a vocal minority but this is by no means a given. Secondly, yes some users might not mind the changes at all. That is toatally fine. But that might be because they play the game with a certain focus. Maybe it's lore. Maybe coliseum. If one mostly plays the game for those aspects and isn't too fixed on the aesthetic then the update probably will make them very happy because it adds something new and fun. If however you play the game mostly for aesthetics it's entirely different. Because the eyes HEAVILY impact the aesthetic of a dragon and there is no way to control it. Even worse, even the CHANCE of changing the eyes will be ridiculously expensive in no time because the vials will retire AND disappear. And to those players the current concept is really unfair. And yes, they might not be the majority. But it still doesn't mean that they should be treated badly just because other's don't care much for the aesthetic. I wouldn't want the lore to be changed drastically either, even tough I personally don't really care for lore. But it's important to many users and it would be unfair to them to just change the whole concept. As I'm not personally involved I wouldn't participate much in a forum discussion but I would very much be in favor of keeping lore in line with what we already have.
That's just that.

@Fever There are two problems: First of all you can't know IF it's a minority that is disappointed or not. A poll would really help here because right now you can say it's just a vocal minority but this is by no means a given.

Secondly, yes some users might not mind the changes at all. That is toatally fine. But that might be because they play the game with a certain focus. Maybe it's lore. Maybe coliseum. If one mostly plays the game for those aspects and isn't too fixed on the aesthetic then the update probably will make them very happy because it adds something new and fun. If however you play the game mostly for aesthetics it's entirely different. Because the eyes HEAVILY impact the aesthetic of a dragon and there is no way to control it. Even worse, even the CHANCE of changing the eyes will be ridiculously expensive in no time because the vials will retire AND disappear. And to those players the current concept is really unfair. And yes, they might not be the majority. But it still doesn't mean that they should be treated badly just because other's don't care much for the aesthetic. I wouldn't want the lore to be changed drastically either, even tough I personally don't really care for lore. But it's important to many users and it would be unfair to them to just change the whole concept. As I'm not personally involved I wouldn't participate much in a forum discussion but I would very much be in favor of keeping lore in line with what we already have.
heEdE34.pngeO3BVs7.png
1 2 ... 181 182 183 184 185 ... 304 305