Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [GG]Whimsical Windows (Badge Event)
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Saturday: Left some feedback!
Saturday: Left some feedback!
For Friday- I went outside quite a bit today and worked in my garden, trying to improve my surroundings.

For Saturday, I sent several flowergrams.
For Friday- I went outside quite a bit today and worked in my garden, trying to improve my surroundings.

For Saturday, I sent several flowergrams.
[quote]When navigating through new territories, it helps to have dragons that are particularly friendly or diplomatic. Do you have any flight ambassadors or dragons that are in charge of making friends with new clans? Perhaps you have a clan member that is really charismatic and good at meeting new dragons. Tell us all about the dragons you'd choose to represent your clan. [/quote] Glenda is my clan's resident diplomat. She always tries to resolve problems without resorting to violence, and often steps in between her clanmates when it looks like things are heading in that direction. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/397727/39772639_350.png?mtime=WufHWQAC30o.png[/img][/center]
Quote:
When navigating through new territories, it helps to have dragons that are particularly friendly or diplomatic. Do you have any flight ambassadors or dragons that are in charge of making friends with new clans? Perhaps you have a clan member that is really charismatic and good at meeting new dragons. Tell us all about the dragons you'd choose to represent your clan.

Glenda is my clan's resident diplomat. She always tries to resolve problems without resorting to violence, and often steps in between her clanmates when it looks like things are heading in that direction.
39772639_350.png?mtime=WufHWQAC30o.png
tumblr_obcrybYghZ1tfzajgo1_r1_500.gif
Ugh, should have done these daily, but got sick-so here's a binge-post.

Saturday [Today]:
Fostering good relationships with the clans around you can ease your way in some locations. Send a Flower Gram to a friend or acquaintance. Sent the Yeti one to my hubby via the Google Form!

Sunday: I think I already posted this, but now I can also say that I have successfully completed the entire scavenger hunt!

Monday: Cooked up a savory shepherd's pie later in the week, fit for a pygmy dragon!

Tuesday: I did the cryptid quiz for my dragon Sage, not sure when I'll get her result!

Wednesday: I love guessing at the riddles, this I have been able to do every day. :)

Thursday: Posting in the cryptozoologist category.

Friday: I went on a walk in park I haven't been to before! Pics can be found in my scavenger hunt post, there were squirrels, geese, and a man-made lake!
Ugh, should have done these daily, but got sick-so here's a binge-post.

Saturday [Today]:
Fostering good relationships with the clans around you can ease your way in some locations. Send a Flower Gram to a friend or acquaintance. Sent the Yeti one to my hubby via the Google Form!

Sunday: I think I already posted this, but now I can also say that I have successfully completed the entire scavenger hunt!

Monday: Cooked up a savory shepherd's pie later in the week, fit for a pygmy dragon!

Tuesday: I did the cryptid quiz for my dragon Sage, not sure when I'll get her result!

Wednesday: I love guessing at the riddles, this I have been able to do every day. :)

Thursday: Posting in the cryptozoologist category.

Friday: I went on a walk in park I haven't been to before! Pics can be found in my scavenger hunt post, there were squirrels, geese, and a man-made lake!
iceberg_roses_hatchery_banner_01_by_adriannavo-db5y7qu.pngwinter_bonsai_planter_100_by_adriannavo-dbj6xrj.png
Friday- [quote]Being able to protect yourself can make a huge difference when trekking through unknown territory. How does your clan obtain weapons and armor? Do you have a blacksmith? Someone who is skilled at making other types of weaponry? Perhaps your clan doesn't rely on weapons. Maybe a bit of magic is involved? Tell us how your clan protects itself.[/quote] This...is a great question that I need to work on more, lol. To be fair, there isn't a single dragon in the clan who can't protect themselves, with or without weapons. Although Harbor Home now resides in the Labyrinth, the clan was formed in the Plaguebringer's domain by dragons who worshiped that deity and adhered to her ideals. Weakness within the clan isn't tolerated. So, I could write about all of them and how they protect themselves and the clan, but I think I'd like to share Piperita. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31734875] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/317349/31734875_350.png[/img] [/url] Pretty Piper is a quiet, unassuming dragon who is uncomfortable in large gatherings and prefers thoughtful silence and peaceful meditation in his rose garden. He is known for his abundant patience, his grace and poise, and his fondness for beautiful things...namely his roses. Piper is very, very proud of his roses. Despite the fact he has his own private garden, his roses grow all over the Village, even in the orchards. The twining, twisting vines of his wild, prolific, lush roses extend beyond the Village as well. You can find his rose vines and bushes in every corner of the clan territory. There is even a species of hardy rose growing on the beach and a brackish tolerant rose growing in the salt water marshes. They're everywhere. Everywhere. Some might chalk this up to Piper's near obsession with the flowers...but that's uh...that's not really it. Piperita and his roses have...an understanding. That's his special little Nature gift. The roses like Piper as much as he likes them. And they listen to him. They talk to him. If a stranger steps on a vine, brushes against a bush...Piper knows. And if he deems it a great enough threat, then the clan leader, Arden, knows too. But Piperita doesn't always deem the intruder a great enough threat. He often takes care of them himself. You see, Piperita's roses [i]move[/i]. And so do their thorny, sharp vines. A violent interloper might think they're being set upon by a swarm of very thin, very angry green and black spirals. Piperita isn't a bloodthirsty or sadistic dragon. He's merely a child of the Labyrinth. And the Labyrinth, much like the Wastelands, doesn't give many second chances. Saturday- [quote]When navigating through new territories, it helps to have dragons that are particularly friendly or diplomatic. Do you have any flight ambassadors or dragons that are in charge of making friends with new clans? Perhaps you have a clan member that is really charismatic and good at meeting new dragons. Tell us all about the dragons you'd choose to represent your clan.[/quote] As his name may imply, Lovin is a very friendly, charismatic dragon whose unflappable nature makes him a great ambassador. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23579753] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/235798/23579753_350.png[/img] [/url] Although Lovin isn't a [i]Flight[/i] ambassador, he does often deal with other clans in the name of Harbor Home. Most often this involves going to treat with their allied clan, Twisted Trees. That isn't a terribly hard or dangerous job, of course, considering that Lovin was [i]born[/i] into that clan originally, before he was adopted into Harbor Home. Besides his birth clan, Lovin also negotiates with other clans and acts as a mediator within his own clan. There are a lot of big personalities and scarred souls in Harbor Home, so there are often clashes between dragons. Lovin has a knack for diffusing situations and calming everyone down. It can be a hard job sometimes, especially when one of the dragons in the conflict is not the most reasonable on their best day, nevermind when they're upset. (Lookin' at you Hickory, Llorona... #dragonshaming) Although most Spirals are known for going a mile a minute and, generally, only shutting up when they pass out asleep, Lovin has a much lower key energy. Oh, he is still a big ole cup of sunshine filled coffee (that someone added caffeine powder to), but he directs his energy in much less...manic ways. His energy levels help him to keep up with the goings-on in the clan and between his clan and other clans. Lovin needs his spiral pep when in any one day he might have to pry Llorona off Lethe's face, make amends to Twisted Trees for whatever crap Slice has started (today), and...Well, you get the idea. Despite the nonsense and job stress, Lovin wouldn't give up his position for anything. He truly enjoys helping other dragons. Lovin is a very well named noodle.
Friday-
Quote:
Being able to protect yourself can make a huge difference when trekking through unknown territory. How does your clan obtain weapons and armor? Do you have a blacksmith? Someone who is skilled at making other types of weaponry? Perhaps your clan doesn't rely on weapons. Maybe a bit of magic is involved? Tell us how your clan protects itself.

This...is a great question that I need to work on more, lol.

To be fair, there isn't a single dragon in the clan who can't protect themselves, with or without weapons. Although Harbor Home now resides in the Labyrinth, the clan was formed in the Plaguebringer's domain by dragons who worshiped that deity and adhered to her ideals. Weakness within the clan isn't tolerated.

So, I could write about all of them and how they protect themselves and the clan, but I think I'd like to share Piperita.

31734875_350.png

Pretty Piper is a quiet, unassuming dragon who is uncomfortable in large gatherings and prefers thoughtful silence and peaceful meditation in his rose garden. He is known for his abundant patience, his grace and poise, and his fondness for beautiful things...namely his roses. Piper is very, very proud of his roses. Despite the fact he has his own private garden, his roses grow all over the Village, even in the orchards. The twining, twisting vines of his wild, prolific, lush roses extend beyond the Village as well. You can find his rose vines and bushes in every corner of the clan territory. There is even a species of hardy rose growing on the beach and a brackish tolerant rose growing in the salt water marshes. They're everywhere. Everywhere.

Some might chalk this up to Piper's near obsession with the flowers...but that's uh...that's not really it. Piperita and his roses have...an understanding. That's his special little Nature gift. The roses like Piper as much as he likes them. And they listen to him. They talk to him. If a stranger steps on a vine, brushes against a bush...Piper knows. And if he deems it a great enough threat, then the clan leader, Arden, knows too. But Piperita doesn't always deem the intruder a great enough threat. He often takes care of them himself. You see, Piperita's roses move. And so do their thorny, sharp vines. A violent interloper might think they're being set upon by a swarm of very thin, very angry green and black spirals. Piperita isn't a bloodthirsty or sadistic dragon. He's merely a child of the Labyrinth. And the Labyrinth, much like the Wastelands, doesn't give many second chances.

Saturday-
Quote:
When navigating through new territories, it helps to have dragons that are particularly friendly or diplomatic. Do you have any flight ambassadors or dragons that are in charge of making friends with new clans? Perhaps you have a clan member that is really charismatic and good at meeting new dragons. Tell us all about the dragons you'd choose to represent your clan.

As his name may imply, Lovin is a very friendly, charismatic dragon whose unflappable nature makes him a great ambassador.

23579753_350.png

Although Lovin isn't a Flight ambassador, he does often deal with other clans in the name of Harbor Home. Most often this involves going to treat with their allied clan, Twisted Trees. That isn't a terribly hard or dangerous job, of course, considering that Lovin was born into that clan originally, before he was adopted into Harbor Home. Besides his birth clan, Lovin also negotiates with other clans and acts as a mediator within his own clan. There are a lot of big personalities and scarred souls in Harbor Home, so there are often clashes between dragons. Lovin has a knack for diffusing situations and calming everyone down. It can be a hard job sometimes, especially when one of the dragons in the conflict is not the most reasonable on their best day, nevermind when they're upset. (Lookin' at you Hickory, Llorona... #dragonshaming)

Although most Spirals are known for going a mile a minute and, generally, only shutting up when they pass out asleep, Lovin has a much lower key energy. Oh, he is still a big ole cup of sunshine filled coffee (that someone added caffeine powder to), but he directs his energy in much less...manic ways. His energy levels help him to keep up with the goings-on in the clan and between his clan and other clans. Lovin needs his spiral pep when in any one day he might have to pry Llorona off Lethe's face, make amends to Twisted Trees for whatever crap Slice has started (today), and...Well, you get the idea. Despite the nonsense and job stress, Lovin wouldn't give up his position for anything. He truly enjoys helping other dragons. Lovin is a very well named noodle.
tumblr_inline_nwu3p0MJo01t7d5o3_500.gif
I left some feedback and just sent out a Flower Gram!
I left some feedback and just sent out a Flower Gram!
nMkuik2.gifsNtd9Dk.gif4AJs72V.pngl9DOymq.pngsNtd9Dk.gifRz7ZJcJ.png
Left my feedback! Thank you for running this and all these beautiful badge designs!
Left my feedback! Thank you for running this and all these beautiful badge designs!
Y5AUp2a.gif .. 9XAwiUY.png .
Never put your faith in a Prince.
When you require a miracle,
trust in a Witch.
After a week of nothing, time to do six days in one go. Monday: The cook in my clan is Calore. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35870985] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/358710/35870985.png[/img] [/url] She specializes food science and often tries to mix new techniques from alchemy, chemistry, etc. into her recipes, or invent her own methods with copious experimentation. She often uses technology when cooking, sometimes in unconventional ways, including an infamous incident with a flamethrower. In personality she's very energetic and strong-willed, with a streak of perfectionism, and this can make her difficult to work with. Tuesday: The librarian in my clan is Libretto. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31501631] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/315017/31501631.png[/img] [/url] By necessity, the majority of the clan's library is nonfiction, but Libretto tries to maintain the small novel section the best he can, and keeps a stash of poetry in his desk. He also maintains the clan records, which requires a dedicated room due to the large amounts of mundane paperwork he archives on day-to-day bases. His runes reduce the amount of time he needs to sleep, and he can often be found staying up late, reorganizing the shelves. Wednesday: I entered the Explorer's Query! Thursday: I participated in the Scrying Challenge [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2440909/19#post_33365698]here![/url] Friday: My clan is militarily unimpressive and tends to rely on structures and systems for protection. Almost all its doors can be locked at once with the right authorization, it has a PA and alarm system, visitors undergo a somewhat paranoid vetting process, and many of the old amusement park attractions in the land surrounding it can be repurposed as siege machines. It also has some last-ditch measures, such as stockpiles of traps and dangerous chemicals, and the ability to summon a brief thunderstorm due to accumulated collection of Cumulus Mane. Outside of the main facility, dragons would be likely to carry simple bought weapon they can use without hurting themselves, such as pepper spray, and a bottle of healing potion. Saturday: The two diplomats in my clan are Segue and a fae who goes by multiple names and refuses to settle on a legal one. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31288897] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/312889/31288897.png[/img] [/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33418723] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/334188/33418723.png[/img] [/url] Segue tends to deal better with friendly negotiations. She has a curious, social sort of personality, which comes across as nosy in some contexts, and she dislikes conflict enough that she'll often feel pressured to agree to things not necessarily in her best interest. However, she's good with words and at reading/understanding [i]dragons[/i], and she makes friends easily. The fae of the odd naming scheme is a more reserved personality, slower to yield ground and less pushy with questions. His current project is negotiating truces with Beastclan. He finds it harder to connect personally to or read others, especially if they're not fae, but he's very patient and determined, difficult to rile, and has a carefully cultivated reputation for reliability.
After a week of nothing, time to do six days in one go.

Monday:
The cook in my clan is Calore.

35870985.png

She specializes food science and often tries to mix new techniques from alchemy, chemistry, etc. into her recipes, or invent her own methods with copious experimentation. She often uses technology when cooking, sometimes in unconventional ways, including an infamous incident with a flamethrower. In personality she's very energetic and strong-willed, with a streak of perfectionism, and this can make her difficult to work with.

Tuesday:
The librarian in my clan is Libretto.

31501631.png

By necessity, the majority of the clan's library is nonfiction, but Libretto tries to maintain the small novel section the best he can, and keeps a stash of poetry in his desk. He also maintains the clan records, which requires a dedicated room due to the large amounts of mundane paperwork he archives on day-to-day bases. His runes reduce the amount of time he needs to sleep, and he can often be found staying up late, reorganizing the shelves.

Wednesday:
I entered the Explorer's Query!

Thursday:
I participated in the Scrying Challenge here!

Friday:
My clan is militarily unimpressive and tends to rely on structures and systems for protection. Almost all its doors can be locked at once with the right authorization, it has a PA and alarm system, visitors undergo a somewhat paranoid vetting process, and many of the old amusement park attractions in the land surrounding it can be repurposed as siege machines. It also has some last-ditch measures, such as stockpiles of traps and dangerous chemicals, and the ability to summon a brief thunderstorm due to accumulated collection of Cumulus Mane.
Outside of the main facility, dragons would be likely to carry simple bought weapon they can use without hurting themselves, such as pepper spray, and a bottle of healing potion.

Saturday:
The two diplomats in my clan are Segue and a fae who goes by multiple names and refuses to settle on a legal one.

31288897.png

33418723.png

Segue tends to deal better with friendly negotiations. She has a curious, social sort of personality, which comes across as nosy in some contexts, and she dislikes conflict enough that she'll often feel pressured to agree to things not necessarily in her best interest. However, she's good with words and at reading/understanding dragons, and she makes friends easily.
The fae of the odd naming scheme is a more reserved personality, slower to yield ground and less pushy with questions. His current project is negotiating truces with Beastclan. He finds it harder to connect personally to or read others, especially if they're not fae, but he's very patient and determined, difficult to rile, and has a carefully cultivated reputation for reliability.
hXx1ctn.png1st_Place.pngegkPazK.png7XI1FUO.pngzMlwDtk.png3rdterra100_by_aavanaa-db6hwka.pngVZ1FSMH.png
Saturday: I filled out the feedback forum. :)

This was a lot of fun and I'm glad I joined in. The badges were lovely and I love how there were multiple options per day for earning the badges.
Saturday: I filled out the feedback forum. :)

This was a lot of fun and I'm glad I joined in. The badges were lovely and I love how there were multiple options per day for earning the badges.
tumblr_o6cl7lWaXy1uhcm7no1_250.jpg
Saturday's participation:

I send Flower Grams to a couple of new players today, and filled out the feedback form! (I submitted my form before immediately getting another thought I wanted to add, so I'll add it here: I said this activity didn't get me to participate in any new activities because I was doing a whole bunch of them already, but it did remind me to put in my daily contributions to certain activities, which I might otherwise have forgotten!)

For the daily topic:
My clan has a whole set for 11 flight representatives, who are responsible for seeing to the needs of dragons from their own flights, helping organize flight festivals, and attending meetings with visitors from other clans, or trips to other territories. Diplomacy and cooperation is very important to my clan, and flight ambassadors have a very important role!
Saturday's participation:

I send Flower Grams to a couple of new players today, and filled out the feedback form! (I submitted my form before immediately getting another thought I wanted to add, so I'll add it here: I said this activity didn't get me to participate in any new activities because I was doing a whole bunch of them already, but it did remind me to put in my daily contributions to certain activities, which I might otherwise have forgotten!)

For the daily topic:
My clan has a whole set for 11 flight representatives, who are responsible for seeing to the needs of dragons from their own flights, helping organize flight festivals, and attending meetings with visitors from other clans, or trips to other territories. Diplomacy and cooperation is very important to my clan, and flight ambassadors have a very important role!
event-sig-small-4.png
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39