Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Back when...
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Back when mistakes were made. You can probably try that again though.

And various other things people have already said that happened after the Beta and early launch.
I joined the night it opened to the public and yikes, talk about the lag.

I also remember not understanding how breeding worked, and blamed my progen' pink offspring on my ""custom's"" hideous coral tertiary color. It was also my first experience with the Rule of Pink that has been a thing since day one.

And various other things people have already said that happened after the Beta and early launch.

I also remember not understanding how breeding worked, and blamed my progen' pink offspring on my ""custom's"" hideous coral tertiary color. It was also my first experience with the Rule of Pink that has been a thing since day one.
[quote name="Ankokou" date="2014-03-20 10:45:42"]Back when mistakes were made. You can probably try that again though.[/quote] I JUST CRINGED. UGH. @Ankokou
Ankokou wrote on 2014-03-20 10:45:42:

I JUST CRINGED. UGH.
@Ankokou
84d669668790b279a1734f4a81a8e75e9ae50900.png fLdYOuE.png
Gj9DhHn.png
bYt72YT.png
fdUVIfW.png
FObX7rS.png
UIuKM01.pngzwkSD6b.png
Some current special interests: Dokibird, Fuwamoco, magical girls, Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation.. more here!
Previous usernames: MystaRias, dokidokibunni, Sylphiette, Toothless
z3FSuck.pngK9W8Tym.png
TBVYKs7.jpeg
[quote name="Ankokou" date="2014-03-20 10:45:42"]Back when mistakes were made. You can probably try that again though. And various other things people have already said that happened after the Beta and early launch. I joined the night it opened to the public and yikes, talk about the lag. I also remember not understanding how breeding worked, and blamed my progen' pink offspring on my ""custom's"" hideous coral tertiary color. It was also my first experience with the Rule of Pink that has been a thing since day one.[/quote] Oh god yes MISTAKES WERE MADE. I didn't understand breeding either, and I hadn't discovered Trollslum yet. So when I bred my progens, who had a secondary range from Rose to Obsidian, I was so disappointed in their weird grey wings and I couldn't figure out why they always had grey wings. I'm a dolt. :-D (Also: Back When I didn't understand dragon values and I sold a midnight/shadow/midnight dragon for 20k thinking it was just the same as my other crappy dragons. SOBS)
Ankokou wrote on 2014-03-20 10:45:42:

Oh god yes MISTAKES WERE MADE.

I didn't understand breeding either, and I hadn't discovered Trollslum yet. So when I bred my progens, who had a secondary range from Rose to Obsidian, I was so disappointed in their weird grey wings and I couldn't figure out why they always had grey wings.

I'm a dolt. :-D

(Also: Back When I didn't understand dragon values and I sold a midnight/shadow/midnight dragon for 20k thinking it was just the same as my other crappy dragons. SOBS)
Back whe Search was disabled, and I didn't even know that they meant "we used to have a function to search for dragons" and thought search had been for forum searches.
Back whe Search was disabled, and I didn't even know that they meant "we used to have a function to search for dragons" and thought search had been for forum searches.
Author Website: LadyRowyn.com
Back when I COMPLETELY FREAKED OUT upon finding my first abandoned egg. There are no words for how excited I was at that point. Then I hatched it and this insanely cute little fae dragon popped out and I freaked out again. Then I was like "Gosh, I have six dragons now, my clan is getting big!"
Back when I COMPLETELY FREAKED OUT upon finding my first abandoned egg. There are no words for how excited I was at that point. Then I hatched it and this insanely cute little fae dragon popped out and I freaked out again. Then I was like "Gosh, I have six dragons now, my clan is getting big!"
4MdcPJR.png
Back when the Lightweaver's holiday came about, and had the chance to get a Light Sprite, but didn't know how

:B from that day forth I've kept at least 3 of them holiday familiars since, cause now I think I am brilliant for the future...I think XD
Back when the Lightweaver's holiday came about, and had the chance to get a Light Sprite, but didn't know how

:B from that day forth I've kept at least 3 of them holiday familiars since, cause now I think I am brilliant for the future...I think XD
5dfbaa2985c2722f63848a60330b6b60f55212af.png
[quote name="Shuuya" date="2014-03-16 11:30:22"]BACK WHEN "THANKS ARCANIST" WAS A RESPONSE TO EVERYTHING. I WIN YOU CAN ALL GO HOME. //bricked[/quote] @Shuuya, who says it isn't? ;) If it isn't The Shade or baby Snappers, it's probably the Arcanist.
Shuuya wrote on 2014-03-16 11:30:22:
BACK WHEN "THANKS ARCANIST" WAS A RESPONSE TO EVERYTHING.

I WIN YOU CAN ALL GO HOME.

//bricked

@Shuuya, who says it isn't? ;)

If it isn't The Shade or baby Snappers, it's probably the Arcanist.
Back when the Arcanist was often poked fun at(not sure if that still applies!)

Any dragon that wasn't a starter was expensive as all hell, and one could only sigh and look via window shopping.
Back when the Arcanist was often poked fun at(not sure if that still applies!)

Any dragon that wasn't a starter was expensive as all hell, and one could only sigh and look via window shopping.
Back when you couldn't exalt your progens AND there were no scatter scrolls, so you just had to stick a skin or a bunch of apparel on your uggo random and push it to the back of the lair where you couldn't see it!
Back when you couldn't exalt your progens AND there were no scatter scrolls, so you just had to stick a skin or a bunch of apparel on your uggo random and push it to the back of the lair where you couldn't see it!
hJWOfQK.png
Back when a plentiful, nicely colored dragon would cost 40k. I was poor for a long time after buying a dragon.

Back when wildclaw scrolls went for 70k, I remember grinding the puzzle/coli to make enough for one, and I haven't even used it yet. Also when ice had that 4 wk dom, some users were buying all scroll market items at discount and selling them on AH for profit. Some people got upset over this.

Back when light sprites and twice dyed cowls cost super cheap on the AH. I used to track every single AH purchase I made on one of my dragon's profile, which then got sadly glitch deleted. I had 4 months worth of sale data. I still clearly remember stalking the AH and buying limited/festival items for 10k and under. It's why I've got 50ish cowls on me. And I also remember that lightning sprites were so plentiful, that they were like 4000-10k for a long time. Good thing I bought 60.

Oh, the infamous Thrage incident that had also spawned a controversial blacklist. Good times.
Back when a plentiful, nicely colored dragon would cost 40k. I was poor for a long time after buying a dragon.

Back when wildclaw scrolls went for 70k, I remember grinding the puzzle/coli to make enough for one, and I haven't even used it yet. Also when ice had that 4 wk dom, some users were buying all scroll market items at discount and selling them on AH for profit. Some people got upset over this.

Back when light sprites and twice dyed cowls cost super cheap on the AH. I used to track every single AH purchase I made on one of my dragon's profile, which then got sadly glitch deleted. I had 4 months worth of sale data. I still clearly remember stalking the AH and buying limited/festival items for 10k and under. It's why I've got 50ish cowls on me. And I also remember that lightning sprites were so plentiful, that they were like 4000-10k for a long time. Good thing I bought 60.

Oh, the infamous Thrage incident that had also spawned a controversial blacklist. Good times.
40146_v.gif - Call me Sol

- She/Her

- +0 FR time
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15