Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What happened to letters from hatchlings
1 2 3 4 5 6
I've been wanting to write a few letters for some days now, but it seems that none of the people I've bought dragons from are very into that kind of stuff. Would it be weird to write one for them? I presume that most people who want them have that written on their clan profile, but on the other hand the old sign-up list for this is long gone... (If not, please tell me!) sorry I lied. So there's no sure way of knowing whether they originally signed up for it or not.

Would you guys think it's rude to send a hatchling letter to someone who's not expecting them (and doesn't necessarily want one)? I guess one can always just ignore stuff like this, but at the same time it would be kinda sad for me... A tiny hatchling writing a letter to their parents who just don't care anymore. :D

Have any of you received hatchling letters recently?

A few people have pointed out that the Letters from Hatchlings directory does still exist. You can view it here. Thank you for linking it to me!
I've been wanting to write a few letters for some days now, but it seems that none of the people I've bought dragons from are very into that kind of stuff. Would it be weird to write one for them? I presume that most people who want them have that written on their clan profile, but on the other hand the old sign-up list for this is long gone... (If not, please tell me!) sorry I lied. So there's no sure way of knowing whether they originally signed up for it or not.

Would you guys think it's rude to send a hatchling letter to someone who's not expecting them (and doesn't necessarily want one)? I guess one can always just ignore stuff like this, but at the same time it would be kinda sad for me... A tiny hatchling writing a letter to their parents who just don't care anymore. :D

Have any of you received hatchling letters recently?

A few people have pointed out that the Letters from Hatchlings directory does still exist. You can view it here. Thank you for linking it to me!
1427x1f.png
@Shacco, I always thought the Hatchling letters were absolutely adorable.
@Shacco, I always thought the Hatchling letters were absolutely adorable.
@Shacco I haven't got one yet, but I did write a few. This was the last one I wrote. x3 *Outside the [i]REMOVED FOR PRIVACY[/i] Clan lair would sit a tiny package with what appeared to be a note tied to the top! The gift would smell of the Shadow lands and had small wide dragon-like pawprints stained on the wrapping in what might appear to be dried mud.* Quote: Dear Mother and Father ( Barrett and Rhyme ), [quote] Hello there! How are you both doing? It's me, your little girl! Remember me? I hatched on December 24th. I was the cute one! Hehe. I have a name now! Everyone calls me Littlejaw. I guess it's cause I'm still so tiny. But I'll grow up one day and have a big jaw! I asked one of the older dragons to help me write a letter to you both because I miss you so much and I wanted to tell you of my time in the new Clan I'm in! It's really dark here, but I've learned not to be afraid. Some times the dark lands are lit up by little glow bugs and it's not so scary any more. The glow-shrooms keep things lit up enough too, so that makes it not so bad as well. The other dragons here are really nice. Well.. Most of them. The ones that aren't that nice are not actually mean.. Just big and tough. The Clan leader, Skorn, is one of those not so nice dragons. Everyone tells me not to get too close to her, so I try my best not to. One time, I saw her get really angry at one of the Fuzzy Dragons. She roared so loud it looked like his fur would fly off! She mostly keeps to the back of the lair though, so I don't see too much of her. Some times I do get in trouble though. I like to play and roll around in the mud because it's so cold and squishy! It's fun to splash in too. But when I come inside all dirty the other Dragons get upset with me. I guess they don't want their things to get all muddy. They make me take a bath, but I don't mind because I'll just go play in the mud the next day! I hope everything is okay back at home. Maybe one day I'll come and visit you guys! We could play in the mud together and chase the light-bugs around! It would be fun! Oh, before I forget, I was told I should attach a picture of myself for you two to see. I'm not exactly sure how this thing works... But here it is! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1756223] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/17563/1756223_350.png[/img] [/url] I wanted to show you how I usually look, which is covered in mud! Everything is better with mud! I need to go now! My writer doesn't seem to want to keep going on and on any more. I love you guys lots! Byebye! Love, Littlejaw[/quote] *Inside the package itself would be a wide variety of food and other goodies. A gift to the [i]REMOVED FOR PRIVACY[/i] clan!*
@Shacco
I haven't got one yet, but I did write a few. This was the last one I wrote. x3

*Outside the REMOVED FOR PRIVACY Clan lair would sit a tiny package with what appeared to be a note tied to the top! The gift would smell of the Shadow lands and had small wide dragon-like pawprints stained on the wrapping in what might appear to be dried mud.*
Quote:
Dear Mother and Father ( Barrett and Rhyme ),
Quote:
Hello there! How are you both doing? It's me, your little girl! Remember me? I hatched on December 24th. I was the cute one! Hehe.
I have a name now! Everyone calls me Littlejaw. I guess it's cause I'm still so tiny. But I'll grow up one day and have a big jaw!
I asked one of the older dragons to help me write a letter to you both because I miss you so much and I wanted to tell you of my time in the new Clan I'm in! It's really dark here, but I've learned not to be afraid. Some times the dark lands are lit up by little glow bugs and it's not so scary any more. The glow-shrooms keep things lit up enough too, so that makes it not so bad as well.

The other dragons here are really nice. Well.. Most of them. The ones that aren't that nice are not actually mean.. Just big and tough. The Clan leader, Skorn, is one of those not so nice dragons. Everyone tells me not to get too close to her, so I try my best not to. One time, I saw her get really angry at one of the Fuzzy Dragons. She roared so loud it looked like his fur would fly off! She mostly keeps to the back of the lair though, so I don't see too much of her.

Some times I do get in trouble though. I like to play and roll around in the mud because it's so cold and squishy! It's fun to splash in too. But when I come inside all dirty the other Dragons get upset with me. I guess they don't want their things to get all muddy. They make me take a bath, but I don't mind because I'll just go play in the mud the next day!

I hope everything is okay back at home. Maybe one day I'll come and visit you guys! We could play in the mud together and chase the light-bugs around! It would be fun!
Oh, before I forget, I was told I should attach a picture of myself for you two to see. I'm not exactly sure how this thing works... But here it is!

1756223_350.png

I wanted to show you how I usually look, which is covered in mud! Everything is better with mud!

I need to go now! My writer doesn't seem to want to keep going on and on any more. I love you guys lots! Byebye!

Love,
Littlejaw

*Inside the package itself would be a wide variety of food and other goodies. A gift to the REMOVED FOR PRIVACY clan!*
TOW2n3q.png
@Shacco Do you mean this? http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=gde&id=983868&p=mb

Personally I'm not really into the whole RP-ing with other people type stuff so it'd be kinda awkward for me if I got a letter. I wouldn't think it's rude, but I probably wouldn't answer; mostly cuz I wouldn't know how to. Then I'd feel bad for leaving you hangin' lol
@Shacco Do you mean this? http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=gde&id=983868&p=mb

Personally I'm not really into the whole RP-ing with other people type stuff so it'd be kinda awkward for me if I got a letter. I wouldn't think it's rude, but I probably wouldn't answer; mostly cuz I wouldn't know how to. Then I'd feel bad for leaving you hangin' lol
9DF06by.gif
I never got one. :(

I'd love some.

Been thinking about writing, but I haven't bought any dragons in a while.
I never got one. :(

I'd love some.

Been thinking about writing, but I haven't bought any dragons in a while.
RPMizsI.giftC0aqwD.gif .Rot Ends Skin.
I've been thinking about it too, but I don't have any dragons that would really... fit, I guess. I mostly don't buy dragons anymore, but there are certain cases...
I've been thinking about it too, but I don't have any dragons that would really... fit, I guess. I mostly don't buy dragons anymore, but there are certain cases...
I had sent out quite a few and never got a message back (not even a like "thanks for the stuff" letter... since I included stuff in the letters like food, treasure, etc all "caught by" or "harvested by" the hatchling who was writing the letter).

After all that I just got discouraged from doing it. Like you said, no one seems into it, or to enjoy the letters (even when they get free food, apparel, familiars, and treasure, lol)
I had sent out quite a few and never got a message back (not even a like "thanks for the stuff" letter... since I included stuff in the letters like food, treasure, etc all "caught by" or "harvested by" the hatchling who was writing the letter).

After all that I just got discouraged from doing it. Like you said, no one seems into it, or to enjoy the letters (even when they get free food, apparel, familiars, and treasure, lol)
1kz7OWt.png
@Aequorin
I think so too! So even though I'm not that into RPing, I really do find this a cool idea. :)

@Bowno
Awwwh, that is a really cute Snapper! I guess that one will always be covered in mud, no matter how many times the other dragons will try to wash her. ;) Thanks for sharing the letter!

@Watzzio
Thanks for the link! I tried googling it, but I only found the first version that was not updated, and then the second one that was no more... -.-

So then you're the exact type of person I'm afraid I'd end up sending letters to. ^^; Not that much into RPing myself, so I can totally understand that. I do like writing though, and this is just too cute an idea for me to pass!

Personally I wouldn't mind if the other person didn't RP back to me, but some kind of a reaction would be nice. RPing does take some time and effort, and it's not for everyone... so I can't blame people for not hopping along.

@Groovie
Never got one either, have written a few myself (but they weren't really hatchlings anymore :D). Never got a reply either... On the other hand, I don't breed THAT many dragons to begin with.

Edit: You guys are too fast for me! I hope you get your pings. .-.

@Pokemon
That has been an issue for me too. I don't make up stories for my dragons that much, so I would have to start from scratch... But I guess I have a more than a few dragons that do not look like they'd live in a shadow lair, and yet they do... so I guess that might be a good place to start. :D

@Dragoness
Man, that sucks. /: Were the people you sent them to on the almighty list or did you just sent the letters to them randomly?
@Aequorin
I think so too! So even though I'm not that into RPing, I really do find this a cool idea. :)

@Bowno
Awwwh, that is a really cute Snapper! I guess that one will always be covered in mud, no matter how many times the other dragons will try to wash her. ;) Thanks for sharing the letter!

@Watzzio
Thanks for the link! I tried googling it, but I only found the first version that was not updated, and then the second one that was no more... -.-

So then you're the exact type of person I'm afraid I'd end up sending letters to. ^^; Not that much into RPing myself, so I can totally understand that. I do like writing though, and this is just too cute an idea for me to pass!

Personally I wouldn't mind if the other person didn't RP back to me, but some kind of a reaction would be nice. RPing does take some time and effort, and it's not for everyone... so I can't blame people for not hopping along.

@Groovie
Never got one either, have written a few myself (but they weren't really hatchlings anymore :D). Never got a reply either... On the other hand, I don't breed THAT many dragons to begin with.

Edit: You guys are too fast for me! I hope you get your pings. .-.

@Pokemon
That has been an issue for me too. I don't make up stories for my dragons that much, so I would have to start from scratch... But I guess I have a more than a few dragons that do not look like they'd live in a shadow lair, and yet they do... so I guess that might be a good place to start. :D

@Dragoness
Man, that sucks. /: Were the people you sent them to on the almighty list or did you just sent the letters to them randomly?
1427x1f.png
I was very excited when I got a hatching letter. I had her mom write back to her.
I was very excited when I got a hatching letter. I had her mom write back to her.
ECNdq9d.png
I think hatchling letters are cute. I've never gotten one, nor have I sent one, but if I see that dragons I buy have parents with little bios, I try and follow those with the hatchling I bought. ._.

It's not the same, but...
I think hatchling letters are cute. I've never gotten one, nor have I sent one, but if I see that dragons I buy have parents with little bios, I try and follow those with the hatchling I bought. ._.

It's not the same, but...
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
1 2 3 4 5 6