Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What happened to letters from hatchlings
1 2 3 4 5 6
I've gotten two random letters from dragons, one with items attached, and both of those letters sit in my inbox still, and every time I see them, even just the titles, they make me all warm and fuzzy feeling C:
I'm not sure I'm creative enough to come up with a letter of my own,,, nor do I have a story for my lair that the dragons can write home from OTL
I've gotten two random letters from dragons, one with items attached, and both of those letters sit in my inbox still, and every time I see them, even just the titles, they make me all warm and fuzzy feeling C:
I'm not sure I'm creative enough to come up with a letter of my own,,, nor do I have a story for my lair that the dragons can write home from OTL
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
I got one once from a Circuit hatchling I sold and it was so cute ;_; I'm.. not very good at replying to them, though o//o
I got one once from a Circuit hatchling I sold and it was so cute ;_; I'm.. not very good at replying to them, though o//o
rLSiosd.png
bYt72YT.pngW11sAlw.pngjI9KbMj.png
gp6bQfb.pngawqKoMx.pngVAnf2q2.png
Bb9XFYa.pngAaYNmEX.pngoczO35g.png
VjdktqS.pngYMPbu9R.png
WKtl2lb.png
I love, love, love them. (Or well the idea of them I never actually got one...)
I love, love, love them. (Or well the idea of them I never actually got one...)
sighatchbanner.png
@Shacco I've only ever received one, and while I didn't write and IC letter back, I did thank them for the letter. It was really cute, and it's still sitting in my inbox. ;u;
@Shacco I've only ever received one, and while I didn't write and IC letter back, I did thank them for the letter. It was really cute, and it's still sitting in my inbox. ;u;
mnhny.png 4fxtl3.png
I've never sent/received one, but I'd sure like to! Has anyone thought about starting a new list?
I've never sent/received one, but I'd sure like to! Has anyone thought about starting a new list?
Holocene || they/them || FR+8
pr7Tort.png
I got a letter once, and it was awesome. He turned out to be the one in the new clan who would most likely be drooling, stumbling into things, and being altogether ridiculous. I loved it.
I got a letter once, and it was awesome. He turned out to be the one in the new clan who would most likely be drooling, stumbling into things, and being altogether ridiculous. I loved it.

What is dead may never die
I wrote a very different hatchling letter today.. but i had alot of fun writing it [img]http://s29.postimg.org/n30tlpu5j/image.png[/img]
I wrote a very different hatchling letter today.. but i had alot of fun writing it

image.png
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
@Shacco

I thought it was a cute idea but I'd only do it occasionally because I just don't have time to add something like that to my play here. I don't mind receiving those tho. Its cute.
@Shacco

I thought it was a cute idea but I'd only do it occasionally because I just don't have time to add something like that to my play here. I don't mind receiving those tho. Its cute.
7HydpTe.png jFhVofF.png
Sorry for late replies, I had a busy weekend. ^^; I’m not going to personally mass ping and respond to EVERYTHING, only to the ones I feel like I have something to say to. :)

@Bongo
I wouldn’t mind getting a plague-themed hatchling letter. :D Though that might be because when I first joined, I though shadow would be more like plague in terms of macabre.

@Murha
I think so too. ^^ (hence the thread) Did you get a letter back from them?

@ChristianCutie
I would THINK most people wouldn’t mind getting one, even if they didn’t explicitly say they want one… On the other hand, to me it kind of feels like a waste if the other person doesn’t react to it at all… And like you said, even a simple thank you would be more than enough. :)

@WingsOfCover @Weiss
That’s interesting… so have you ignored the letters altogether, or just sent a short reply back? Not trying to judge you, just interested in how differently people have reacted to these letters. :)

@Canria
Yeah, it would feel a bit unfair if someone got annoyed by getting one, but still, I don’t think they can be blamed. ^^; Some people just like to keep to themselves… Maybe it would feel like spam mail to them. :D Or like the other person is trying to push them into RP, even though that should not be the case.

@Gudny
I feel the same way. :D But I think I should be able to make an okay letter at least… although English is not my native language.

@Svaeshtari
Hmm, notes in hatchling bios… that’s actually a pretty good idea! o.o Especially since nowadays it seems like this thing is kind of dying…

@GoldenBeetle
The usual problem. :D

@HSoup
Haha, so the situation was vice versa. :D Maybe I should try this too. “Dear XXXX, why on earth did you choose an Arcane lair? Have you not noticed that blue DOES NOT go well with pink?"

@Darksilverhawk
My system goes a bit like this: “I really like this dragon, and they’ve been in my lair for so long now… maybe I should write a letter back to their parents…”
Why yes, I’m the fast one, thanks for asking. :D

@CaptainFleeper @Dragockon
I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you! (and for me as well)

@NightVale
…That sounds hilarious. :D And I don’t even know what you’re talking about. :D Somehow I’m reminded of Portal… “You, [Subject Name Here], must be the pride of [Subject Hometown Here].”

@Finnley
Do it! Doooo iiiiit!
Seriously, just do it. :I

@Devildove
Thanks for the link! I’ll add it to the first post… (which I should’ve done a lot earlier BUT OH WELL)

@Snaphance
It sounds like that happened to quite a few other people as well. /: It’s a pity, but understandable… also the reason why I’m pondering whether to send one or not.

@Maiamore @OzmatheGreat @orchidemily
I’m happy to hear there have been more than a few positive letter exchanges as well. :) Just curious, were you guys on the list and/or was the other person on that list?

@clockworkMoose
But I’m guessing you still replied something to them, even if it wasn’t RP? :) It’s kind of cute you still have them. ^^ I don’t think you’d have to have a specific backstory for your lair or dragons to write back though. .-. Or maybe that’s just me.

@obscuresoul
A few people have showed me that the directory does still exist. :3 I’ll link it to the first post in a minute!

@Vissivius
The one that made his parents really proud. :D

@Taarnfalk
Ahhhh I love this! :DD I’ve never even though about accents this way… you’re very creative! Please let us know if you get a similar reply. ;)
Sorry for late replies, I had a busy weekend. ^^; I’m not going to personally mass ping and respond to EVERYTHING, only to the ones I feel like I have something to say to. :)

@Bongo
I wouldn’t mind getting a plague-themed hatchling letter. :D Though that might be because when I first joined, I though shadow would be more like plague in terms of macabre.

@Murha
I think so too. ^^ (hence the thread) Did you get a letter back from them?

@ChristianCutie
I would THINK most people wouldn’t mind getting one, even if they didn’t explicitly say they want one… On the other hand, to me it kind of feels like a waste if the other person doesn’t react to it at all… And like you said, even a simple thank you would be more than enough. :)

@WingsOfCover @Weiss
That’s interesting… so have you ignored the letters altogether, or just sent a short reply back? Not trying to judge you, just interested in how differently people have reacted to these letters. :)

@Canria
Yeah, it would feel a bit unfair if someone got annoyed by getting one, but still, I don’t think they can be blamed. ^^; Some people just like to keep to themselves… Maybe it would feel like spam mail to them. :D Or like the other person is trying to push them into RP, even though that should not be the case.

@Gudny
I feel the same way. :D But I think I should be able to make an okay letter at least… although English is not my native language.

@Svaeshtari
Hmm, notes in hatchling bios… that’s actually a pretty good idea! o.o Especially since nowadays it seems like this thing is kind of dying…

@GoldenBeetle
The usual problem. :D

@HSoup
Haha, so the situation was vice versa. :D Maybe I should try this too. “Dear XXXX, why on earth did you choose an Arcane lair? Have you not noticed that blue DOES NOT go well with pink?"

@Darksilverhawk
My system goes a bit like this: “I really like this dragon, and they’ve been in my lair for so long now… maybe I should write a letter back to their parents…”
Why yes, I’m the fast one, thanks for asking. :D

@CaptainFleeper @Dragockon
I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you! (and for me as well)

@NightVale
…That sounds hilarious. :D And I don’t even know what you’re talking about. :D Somehow I’m reminded of Portal… “You, [Subject Name Here], must be the pride of [Subject Hometown Here].”

@Finnley
Do it! Doooo iiiiit!
Seriously, just do it. :I

@Devildove
Thanks for the link! I’ll add it to the first post… (which I should’ve done a lot earlier BUT OH WELL)

@Snaphance
It sounds like that happened to quite a few other people as well. /: It’s a pity, but understandable… also the reason why I’m pondering whether to send one or not.

@Maiamore @OzmatheGreat @orchidemily
I’m happy to hear there have been more than a few positive letter exchanges as well. :) Just curious, were you guys on the list and/or was the other person on that list?

@clockworkMoose
But I’m guessing you still replied something to them, even if it wasn’t RP? :) It’s kind of cute you still have them. ^^ I don’t think you’d have to have a specific backstory for your lair or dragons to write back though. .-. Or maybe that’s just me.

@obscuresoul
A few people have showed me that the directory does still exist. :3 I’ll link it to the first post in a minute!

@Vissivius
The one that made his parents really proud. :D

@Taarnfalk
Ahhhh I love this! :DD I’ve never even though about accents this way… you’re very creative! Please let us know if you get a similar reply. ;)
1427x1f.png
@Shacco Didn't reply in character, because at the time the parents didn't even have characters and I'm bad enough at RP without having to come up with characters first orz I did send a very gushy, fangirly thank you message though x3
@Shacco Didn't reply in character, because at the time the parents didn't even have characters and I'm bad enough at RP without having to come up with characters first orz I did send a very gushy, fangirly thank you message though x3
rLSiosd.png
bYt72YT.pngW11sAlw.pngjI9KbMj.png
gp6bQfb.pngawqKoMx.pngVAnf2q2.png
Bb9XFYa.pngAaYNmEX.pngoczO35g.png
VjdktqS.pngYMPbu9R.png
WKtl2lb.png
1 2 3 4 5 6