Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Zelda boss woes
1 2 3
@Thornasaur
SO true, its like a primal fear reaction.
But then later on once you have beaten a few its just like "oh i'll go over into hyrule field and get some guardian drops for a bit no big deal" like you've totally forgotten how much of a terror it was when you first encountered a decayed guardian on the Great Plateau
@Thornasaur
SO true, its like a primal fear reaction.
But then later on once you have beaten a few its just like "oh i'll go over into hyrule field and get some guardian drops for a bit no big deal" like you've totally forgotten how much of a terror it was when you first encountered a decayed guardian on the Great Plateau
vista_pc2.pngvista_pc2.png
The Imprisoned, hands down. Like others have said, having to fight him three times is just draining. Main reason I never really went after the boss rush for the Hylian Shield.

I’ve not found any boss in TP annoying or hard, really, but at this point I’ve probably played the game enough times to play it with my eyes closed.

The silly robot pirates in SS that you had to fight on the plank also gave me a lot of trouble.

As for Guardians, I mostly just avoided them until I got ancient arrows, then just shot them in the face. I have since discovered that they’re absolute wusses if you’re on horseback, though, as long as you have enough room to just run circles right up against them. Even just a knight’s claymore and a bit of time and you’re good. (This is assuming there’s only one stalker present and you haven’t managed to aggro more than one in Hyrule Field)
The Imprisoned, hands down. Like others have said, having to fight him three times is just draining. Main reason I never really went after the boss rush for the Hylian Shield.

I’ve not found any boss in TP annoying or hard, really, but at this point I’ve probably played the game enough times to play it with my eyes closed.

The silly robot pirates in SS that you had to fight on the plank also gave me a lot of trouble.

As for Guardians, I mostly just avoided them until I got ancient arrows, then just shot them in the face. I have since discovered that they’re absolute wusses if you’re on horseback, though, as long as you have enough room to just run circles right up against them. Even just a knight’s claymore and a bit of time and you’re good. (This is assuming there’s only one stalker present and you haven’t managed to aggro more than one in Hyrule Field)
ijSltiY.png OsScJdH.gif Y6PXVHf.gif IDpiM0V.gif
Yeah guardians are a good one too but wouldn't so much count them bosses? Had 5 chasing me at one time as I was going for a memory though which was less than fun
Yeah guardians are a good one too but wouldn't so much count them bosses? Had 5 chasing me at one time as I was going for a memory though which was less than fun
Snr7ysG.png HChIF4s.png
I just hate the thought of fighting Vaati. The little guy was only a curious Picori, and now you have to kill him? That’s kind of sad.

You see, I am rather fond of my gay grape boy. His design, his backstory, that sassy personality that the fandom has associated with him...I don’t want to see that go to waste.

You know what? Just keep him in the Pillow Fort of Immortality with Gonta, okay?
I just hate the thought of fighting Vaati. The little guy was only a curious Picori, and now you have to kill him? That’s kind of sad.

You see, I am rather fond of my gay grape boy. His design, his backstory, that sassy personality that the fandom has associated with him...I don’t want to see that go to waste.

You know what? Just keep him in the Pillow Fort of Immortality with Gonta, okay?
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
I know it's kinda old school... but from Oracle of Ages I think I hated Blue Stalfos the most because I disliked that I couldn't actually hit him with any of my items and I like, raged when I got turned into a baby.
I know it's kinda old school... but from Oracle of Ages I think I hated Blue Stalfos the most because I disliked that I couldn't actually hit him with any of my items and I like, raged when I got turned into a baby.
ContentUnluckyCricket-max-1mb.gif
Volvagia from Ocarina of Time. Even if I managed to avoid the flames, getting close enough to attack the boss was a challenge itself.
Volvagia from Ocarina of Time. Even if I managed to avoid the flames, getting close enough to attack the boss was a challenge itself.
Now it's probably been a literal decade since I last fought this boss, but I remember Argorok from Twilight Princess not being extra hard but just... Time consuming.

It was a this 'took my dumber and even more uncoordinated child self at least 45 minutes to beat' kind of situation. I had the same issues with Stallord, but I think the difference between the two is that Stallord is actually pretty fun since it's one of the rare occasions you get to use the spinner. (And he's pretty cool looking too which also helps, plus Argorok can even be a pain in Hyrule Warriors.)
Now it's probably been a literal decade since I last fought this boss, but I remember Argorok from Twilight Princess not being extra hard but just... Time consuming.

It was a this 'took my dumber and even more uncoordinated child self at least 45 minutes to beat' kind of situation. I had the same issues with Stallord, but I think the difference between the two is that Stallord is actually pretty fun since it's one of the rare occasions you get to use the spinner. (And he's pretty cool looking too which also helps, plus Argorok can even be a pain in Hyrule Warriors.)
I find Thunderblight Ganon to be hard, but not to the point that you end up being frustrated or mad.

HOWEVER

Bongo Bongo is an evil spirit that needs to be exorcised. I hate that boss with every inch of my tiny being.
I find Thunderblight Ganon to be hard, but not to the point that you end up being frustrated or mad.

HOWEVER

Bongo Bongo is an evil spirit that needs to be exorcised. I hate that boss with every inch of my tiny being.
R6iiH.gif SnPbf.gifJbjkA.gifQRSZt.gif
Can second thunderblight ganon 100% but I also hated playing tennis with ganon in ocarina of time.
Can second thunderblight ganon 100% but I also hated playing tennis with ganon in ocarina of time.
as_banner_by_jeraruhh-dcnhndl.jpg
Wow so many are saying Thunderblight Ganon...He was a pain in the butt and it took me like three or four tries, but after getting the hang of things it was easy lol.

For me, though? I hate most of them. I'd have to say that probably one of them is the second to last Girahim fight.

It's no boss fight...But can we all agree that the trials from Skyward Sword are the absolute WORSE?
Wow so many are saying Thunderblight Ganon...He was a pain in the butt and it took me like three or four tries, but after getting the hang of things it was easy lol.

For me, though? I hate most of them. I'd have to say that probably one of them is the second to last Girahim fight.

It's no boss fight...But can we all agree that the trials from Skyward Sword are the absolute WORSE?
x8z3xmt.pngFor God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
1 2 3