Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Just a thought
1 2
Im not really here or there on it, personally. It has good points and drawbacks. I love this site and i want them to be able to continue to grow and they really can't do that without new players to support the site. A lot of old players left or don't really buy gems like they used to.

I know the increase of trolls and spam is going to be incredibly annoying. At least with windows, only the most determined of internet jerks could find their way on here again, since the time in between allowed for the admins to get rid of players abusing the rules and keep them from making a new account and hopping right back on. Very few trolls will bother with waiting for weeks just to troll the same site again.

In that way, i liked the registration windows, because it allowed new people to come on semi-freqently, but also gave staff time to filter out the spam/troll accounts in a way that assured they wouldn't be right back, and it gave a whole week to join instead of tight several hour or one day windows.

Seemed like a nice middle ground, gave newbies frequent and extended opportunities to join, allowed the staff to remove trouble accounts, as well as allowed to staff to ensure that the site could handle influxes of new players before admitting more.

But ultimately the site consumes more resources the more players we have and letting it stagnate with the same players that will eventually leave is a death sentence for the site. So this is what is best to keep this site going.
Im not really here or there on it, personally. It has good points and drawbacks. I love this site and i want them to be able to continue to grow and they really can't do that without new players to support the site. A lot of old players left or don't really buy gems like they used to.

I know the increase of trolls and spam is going to be incredibly annoying. At least with windows, only the most determined of internet jerks could find their way on here again, since the time in between allowed for the admins to get rid of players abusing the rules and keep them from making a new account and hopping right back on. Very few trolls will bother with waiting for weeks just to troll the same site again.

In that way, i liked the registration windows, because it allowed new people to come on semi-freqently, but also gave staff time to filter out the spam/troll accounts in a way that assured they wouldn't be right back, and it gave a whole week to join instead of tight several hour or one day windows.

Seemed like a nice middle ground, gave newbies frequent and extended opportunities to join, allowed the staff to remove trouble accounts, as well as allowed to staff to ensure that the site could handle influxes of new players before admitting more.

But ultimately the site consumes more resources the more players we have and letting it stagnate with the same players that will eventually leave is a death sentence for the site. So this is what is best to keep this site going.
rotyou_zpsdd94a7ce.jpg
[quote name="FireHeartSong" date="2018-03-15 08:20:06" ] does anyone think there shouldn't be open registration? i am just slightly freaking out ans i am worried for the community... [/quote] The site was always intended to have open registration. The only reason the site closed registration was due to the site unable to support the traffic. I’m glad they are finally back to open registration and think it will be good as it will prevent the sudden rush of players and the price spikes that resulted
FireHeartSong wrote on 2018-03-15 08:20:06:
does anyone think there shouldn't be open registration? i am just slightly freaking out ans i am worried for the community...
The site was always intended to have open registration. The only reason the site closed registration was due to the site unable to support the traffic. I’m glad they are finally back to open registration and think it will be good as it will prevent the sudden rush of players and the price spikes that resulted
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
1 2