Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Ask the Team! [Closed]
1 2 ... 174 175 176 177 178 ... 195 196
Can we see the full image of the dragons at the top of the forums? the one with the tundra on its back?
Can we see the full image of the dragons at the top of the forums? the one with the tundra on its back?
My username is drawingdeamon! Please mind the spelling!
My fandragons are in my Hibernal Den!
thisaddefinitelydoesntminebitcoin.png
In what elemental territory are the Training Fields, Woodland Path, Sandswept Delta, Waterway, Harpy's Roost, and Mire located?
In what elemental territory are the Training Fields, Woodland Path, Sandswept Delta, Waterway, Harpy's Roost, and Mire located?
tumblr_paowz6ygV51s79fpho3_400.png Mediscoot's Projects and Quests
NPC Color Guide
Monthly Coliseum Challenge Thread
Big Book of FR Memes
Currently Questing:
Frigid fugitive shackles
Are Coatls able to fold their wings? I ask because in their art they don't seem to have a join that would let them do so like other breeds, so are their wings permanently in an open position or?
Are Coatls able to fold their wings? I ask because in their art they don't seem to have a join that would let them do so like other breeds, so are their wings permanently in an open position or?
tumblr_petjqu6l6D1uz135no8_500.gif
Sorry if this has been answered already but, we already know dragons can't survive (or at least can't be born) in areas without magic. But we also know neutral magic is a thing (thanks to battlestones like contuse, reflect, regeneration, ect.) so the question is, would it be possible for a dragon to survive/be born in an area with strong enough neutral magic, or does it absolutely have to be the elemental magic of the deities?
Sorry if this has been answered already but, we already know dragons can't survive (or at least can't be born) in areas without magic. But we also know neutral magic is a thing (thanks to battlestones like contuse, reflect, regeneration, ect.) so the question is, would it be possible for a dragon to survive/be born in an area with strong enough neutral magic, or does it absolutely have to be the elemental magic of the deities?
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread
Who owns the deities' accounts? And why aren't they allowed to have friends? Don't you think they get lonely at times?
Who owns the deities' accounts? And why aren't they allowed to have friends? Don't you think they get lonely at times?
Hello
Do Nature and Plague have a tribal lifestyle?
If so what real-life counterparts would they have?
Also what cultures did you base each flight off of, if any?
Do Nature and Plague have a tribal lifestyle?
If so what real-life counterparts would they have?
Also what cultures did you base each flight off of, if any?
18.jpg
Since Shadow is definitely one of the more abstracted elements in terms of physical attributes, I’m curious to know what the basic nature of Shadow magic is, especially after the Kindred Crossing story. Up until now, it seemed like Shadow magic in the FR world was equivalent to “illusion” magic. After Kindred Crossing, though, it seems like it has more to do with “void” magic. So what’s up with Shadow??
Since Shadow is definitely one of the more abstracted elements in terms of physical attributes, I’m curious to know what the basic nature of Shadow magic is, especially after the Kindred Crossing story. Up until now, it seemed like Shadow magic in the FR world was equivalent to “illusion” magic. After Kindred Crossing, though, it seems like it has more to do with “void” magic. So what’s up with Shadow??
[quote]Do the deities communicate with one another? Is it like a giant soap opera? Do some of the deities have random grudges against one another? DO THEY READ RUMORS ABOUT EACH OTHER??[/quote] The deities have not talked directly with each other for an age. (We have had some quirky OOC forum shenanigans in the past though.) [br][br] [quote]How do dragons, in lore, compete for Dominance ? By sending themselves off to be exalted and the like ? Where do they even go, if so, to "exalt" themselves ?[/quote] Dragons exalted to serve their deities will work as an army dedicated fully to advancing the agendas of their god. Typically they don't receive direct instructions, and will try and secure borders and expand territory, drive out Beastclans, and eradicate Shade remnants. Not all of this is done through fighting, as many dragons that are exalted up through the ranks of their flight will serve as hunters, messengers, craftsmen, architects, scientists, scholars, and healers. [br][br] [quote]How do spirals act when they aren't flying? Do they just flatten their bodies to the ground and slither like a snake? Do they walk on their tiny limbs? Or do they simply never land?[/quote] They can hop-skip their way across terrain. In general, Spirals will fly everywhere. Ground movement is possible, just not utilized if flying can accomplish the job. [br][br] [quote]If Snappers and Bogsneaks cannot fly, what do they use their wings for?[/quote] Many Bogsneaks can glide for short distances, and Snappers may fly provided they are aided by powerful wind or arcane energy. However, the wings on most Snapper are purely vestigial, and are often used only to hold adornments and tools. [br][br] [quote]Will there EVER be a use for all those extra items that are piling up in our hoards?[/quote] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/trading/baldwin][b]Po[/b][/url]te[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/trading/swipp][b]nt[/b][/url]ia[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/trading/crim][b]ll[/b][/url]y. [br][br] [quote]Wait... why are Nogglebane Leaf Beetles used to fish for Noggles, if they are the bane of Noggles? Wouldn't all the noggles just swim away as fast as possible?[/quote] It's the bane of Noggles because they can't resist them when used as bait, leading to the Noggle in question becoming caught! [br][br] [quote]How do leap-year dragons (those born February 29, 2016) celebrate their birthdays on FR? Are they perpetually stuck at 1 year old until February 29, 2020, or is there something else involved?[/quote] After 365 days pass they are considered to be one year old. After 730, they are two, etc. [br][br] [quote]Do the pearls of Pearlcatchers hold any value, other than to the Pearlcatcher that made it? For example, would other dragons/beastclan creatures try to steal a pearl and pawn it off, or use it for jewelry? Or are they rather worthless, especially when compared to the pearls made by mollusks?[/quote] Dragons will typically not try and steal the pearls of Pearlcatchers, as they know what the pearls are/signify and would not utilize them in crafting. There would be no market for it. It's possible that at some point in the past Beastclans may have collected found pearls as a beautiful gem; however, they have found that wearing or displaying such items tends to bring only trouble, invoking the ire of surrounding dragon clans, so it's not typically done. [br][br] [quote]Where do Nocturne eggs come from? Nocturnes obviously lay elemental eggs that are bound to the clan’s elemental affiliation such as Nature, Arcane, Light eggs and so on. What are those Nocturne eggs then? Were those eggs actually created by gods?[/quote] Only Bogsneak eggs are specifically created through the cauldron. The rest (Nocturne and elemental) are simply wayward, orphaned eggs from nests that were lost or had to be left behind. [br][br] [quote]Following up on that question about internet in Sornieth, what is exactly the technological level in the Shifting Expanse? We know about robots, but can they create AI and/or powerful computers? Also, is this kept from other Flights or are they allowed to trade for such advanced technology?[/quote] R-robots? [i]*cough*[/i] I think you mean golems. Which are like a totally different thing. There are no computers or AI at this time. Most of the technology could be compared to the electricity, steam, and machine innovations created through the 1920's but given a distinctly fantasy/Sornieth bent. [br][br] [quote]Do Fae dragons have smooth or scaly skin? From their art I would mostly assume smooth, but it looks like they have those "snake-belly" scales on their stomachs which is making me unsure.[/quote] Smooth skin, though they do have scales/plates on their bellies. These scales are smooth, flexible, and soft. [br][br] [quote]Why are so many of the meat food items small animals? Especially the ones found from Hunting - why do the dragons hunt rodents and birds instead of things like deer, wild pigs, etc.[/quote] ROUS. ;) As we add more levels to gathering, prey sizes are gradually increasing from mice and sparrows, to things like wallabies and geese. [br][br] [quote]what are all those glowy bulbs seen in the light exalt pillar as well as the brightshine vista and a few apparel pieces?[/quote] A portable way to carry cast light energy around, as lights will normally stay stationary or follow the caster bound to a container. [br][br] [quote]I'm really curious about the sizes of the various beastclans compared to dragons. Are longneck comparable to fae or snappers? Stuff like that.[/quote] Most Beastclan aside from centaur are "human-sized". Talonok tend to be a bit smaller. Most dragons are much larger than the various Beastclan species, with the exception of Faes, which are typically smaller, and Spirals which tend to weigh in in a similar ballpark. [br][br] [quote] If an account gets banned for any reason, what happens to the dragons on that account? This is really bugging me...[/quote] [b][url=https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005925726]When an account is closed,[/url][/b] access to it is revoked. All items, currency, and dragons are permanently locked on it. [br][br] [quote]All of the previous hint words have been revealed, haven't they? druid = druid apparel; gladiator = arena redux, conch = conch items; and cerberus = rat king, right? So what are the new hint words?[/quote] [LIST] [*][b]Roulette[/b] [*][b]Firefly[/b] [*][b]Superb[/b] [*][b]Wheel[/b] [/LIST]
Quote:
Do the deities communicate with one another? Is it like a giant soap opera? Do some of the deities have random grudges against one another? DO THEY READ RUMORS ABOUT EACH OTHER??

The deities have not talked directly with each other for an age. (We have had some quirky OOC forum shenanigans in the past though.)

Quote:
How do dragons, in lore, compete for Dominance ? By sending themselves off to be exalted and the like ? Where do they even go, if so, to "exalt" themselves ?

Dragons exalted to serve their deities will work as an army dedicated fully to advancing the agendas of their god. Typically they don't receive direct instructions, and will try and secure borders and expand territory, drive out Beastclans, and eradicate Shade remnants.

Not all of this is done through fighting, as many dragons that are exalted up through the ranks of their flight will serve as hunters, messengers, craftsmen, architects, scientists, scholars, and healers.

Quote:
How do spirals act when they aren't flying? Do they just flatten their bodies to the ground and slither like a snake? Do they walk on their tiny limbs? Or do they simply never land?

They can hop-skip their way across terrain. In general, Spirals will fly everywhere. Ground movement is possible, just not utilized if flying can accomplish the job.

Quote:
If Snappers and Bogsneaks cannot fly, what do they use their wings for?

Many Bogsneaks can glide for short distances, and Snappers may fly provided they are aided by powerful wind or arcane energy. However, the wings on most Snapper are purely vestigial, and are often used only to hold adornments and tools.

Quote:
Will there EVER be a use for all those extra items that are piling up in our hoards?

Potentially.

Quote:
Wait... why are Nogglebane Leaf Beetles used to fish for Noggles, if they are the bane of Noggles? Wouldn't all the noggles just swim away as fast as possible?

It's the bane of Noggles because they can't resist them when used as bait, leading to the Noggle in question becoming caught!

Quote:
How do leap-year dragons (those born February 29, 2016) celebrate their birthdays on FR? Are they perpetually stuck at 1 year old until February 29, 2020, or is there something else involved?

After 365 days pass they are considered to be one year old. After 730, they are two, etc.

Quote:
Do the pearls of Pearlcatchers hold any value, other than to the Pearlcatcher that made it? For example, would other dragons/beastclan creatures try to steal a pearl and pawn it off, or use it for jewelry? Or are they rather worthless, especially when compared to the pearls made by mollusks?

Dragons will typically not try and steal the pearls of Pearlcatchers, as they know what the pearls are/signify and would not utilize them in crafting. There would be no market for it.

It's possible that at some point in the past Beastclans may have collected found pearls as a beautiful gem; however, they have found that wearing or displaying such items tends to bring only trouble, invoking the ire of surrounding dragon clans, so it's not typically done.

Quote:
Where do Nocturne eggs come from? Nocturnes obviously lay elemental eggs that are bound to the clan’s elemental affiliation such as Nature, Arcane, Light eggs and so on. What are those Nocturne eggs then? Were those eggs actually created by gods?

Only Bogsneak eggs are specifically created through the cauldron. The rest (Nocturne and elemental) are simply wayward, orphaned eggs from nests that were lost or had to be left behind.

Quote:
Following up on that question about internet in Sornieth, what is exactly the technological level in the Shifting Expanse? We know about robots, but can they create AI and/or powerful computers? Also, is this kept from other Flights or are they allowed to trade for such advanced technology?

R-robots? *cough* I think you mean golems. Which are like a totally different thing.

There are no computers or AI at this time. Most of the technology could be compared to the electricity, steam, and machine innovations created through the 1920's but given a distinctly fantasy/Sornieth bent.

Quote:
Do Fae dragons have smooth or scaly skin? From their art I would mostly assume smooth, but it looks like they have those "snake-belly" scales on their stomachs which is making me unsure.

Smooth skin, though they do have scales/plates on their bellies. These scales are smooth, flexible, and soft.

Quote:
Why are so many of the meat food items small animals? Especially the ones found from Hunting - why do the dragons hunt rodents and birds instead of things like deer, wild pigs, etc.

ROUS. ;)

As we add more levels to gathering, prey sizes are gradually increasing from mice and sparrows, to things like wallabies and geese.

Quote:
what are all those glowy bulbs seen in the light exalt pillar as well as the brightshine vista and a few apparel pieces?

A portable way to carry cast light energy around, as lights will normally stay stationary or follow the caster bound to a container.

Quote:
I'm really curious about the sizes of the various beastclans compared to dragons. Are longneck comparable to fae or snappers? Stuff like that.

Most Beastclan aside from centaur are "human-sized". Talonok tend to be a bit smaller. Most dragons are much larger than the various Beastclan species, with the exception of Faes, which are typically smaller, and Spirals which tend to weigh in in a similar ballpark.

Quote:
If an account gets banned for any reason, what happens to the dragons on that account? This is really bugging me...

When an account is closed, access to it is revoked. All items, currency, and dragons are permanently locked on it.

Quote:
All of the previous hint words have been revealed, haven't they?
druid = druid apparel; gladiator = arena redux, conch = conch items; and cerberus = rat king, right?
So what are the new hint words?

• Roulette
  • Firefly
  • Superb
  • Wheel
Roulette....? Maybe a new Fairgrounds game??? And maybe the source of those captcha wheels will be revealed...
Roulette....? Maybe a new Fairgrounds game??? And maybe the source of those captcha wheels will be revealed...
Question:
In the last Q & A there were a mention of dragon storage instead of lairspace. Lots of players have voiced their opinion hete:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2373444

Could your lift the veil a little bit on plans for more space? There are many who would like some word on it :)
Question:
In the last Q & A there were a mention of dragon storage instead of lairspace. Lots of players have voiced their opinion hete:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2373444

Could your lift the veil a little bit on plans for more space? There are many who would like some word on it :)
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
1 2 ... 174 175 176 177 178 ... 195 196