Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Coliseum Technical Beta
1 2 ... 50 51 52 53 54 ... 93 94
[quote name="Tynnk" date=2018-02-05 06:06:18] Not used to the new style but I love it [/quote] I agree
Tynnk wrote on 2018-02-05:
Not used to the new style but I love it
I agree
Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself. -Hermione Ganger
Testing Report Day 2 - Combat Testing (Desktop)

---

Weather Effects -
I'm really enjoying the weather effects. They're great touches of detail, and IMO help with immersion. Especially fond of the snow effect in Boreal Wood and the ember effect in Scorched Forest. Was not expecting that last one at all, but a very pleasant surprise!

Camping Captcha -
Cute, and I suppose it's necessary to catch botters (or something? not really clear on this). Liking the little "compensation" bonuses it gives, preventing it from being an annoying chore. Particularly like when I get +EXP or +STR.

However, I feel that the images might actually be TOO hard to see. Spent quite a bit of time squinting at some of the captchas trying to figure out what I was even looking at. It might just be me - I play with my browser on 3x zoom to counteract my terrible eyesight - but it's just a bit irritating. Would it be at least possible for the clickable images to have more contrast against the background?

Animations -
Not sure if the animations have been slowed down, or whether the timing on them is simply different. When playing in my usual Coli "rhythm" I found that I was often clicking on the UI buttons BEFORE they actually became available. Not a big deal per se, but will take some getting used to.

Turn Order -
Noticed this in the higher level venues when using my level-appropriate teams. In the regular Coli, if a dragon has multiple actions prior to the enemy, it takes them consecutively. Now, the actions are taken cyclically? Again, no big deal, it will just take some getting used to. Just wondering why this change was made, though?

To clarify:

Old Coli
Dragon A
Dragon A
Dragon B
Dragon B
Dragon C

New Coli
Dragon A
Dragon B
Dragon C
Dragon A
Dragon B

Page Reload -
I'm going to sound like a broken record, but I'm really not happy with the way that the Coli page reloads and needs to be SCROLLED BACK DOWN between each battle. It's tedious, and I don't understand why it's necessary - the current Coli doesn't need that kind of micromanagement.

It's not the end of the world, but I find that it interrupts the "rhythm" of battle, forcing a pause while I scroll the screen to re-center the window. It may be worse for me than some others (as noted earlier, I play on 3x screen zoom for my poor eyesight), but I'm NOT the only one complaining.

Hoping that the devs will look into this issue and consider addressing it for the sake of the sanity of the community.

Bugs -
Not seeing any. Not even exaggerating. No graphical glitches, lag, technical problems, or socket issues. All skills that I frequently use are working as intended.

---

And that concludes my report for Day 2. Will continue to test over the next few days, including a test on my mobile device, and post updates as events warrant.
Testing Report Day 2 - Combat Testing (Desktop)

---

Weather Effects -
I'm really enjoying the weather effects. They're great touches of detail, and IMO help with immersion. Especially fond of the snow effect in Boreal Wood and the ember effect in Scorched Forest. Was not expecting that last one at all, but a very pleasant surprise!

Camping Captcha -
Cute, and I suppose it's necessary to catch botters (or something? not really clear on this). Liking the little "compensation" bonuses it gives, preventing it from being an annoying chore. Particularly like when I get +EXP or +STR.

However, I feel that the images might actually be TOO hard to see. Spent quite a bit of time squinting at some of the captchas trying to figure out what I was even looking at. It might just be me - I play with my browser on 3x zoom to counteract my terrible eyesight - but it's just a bit irritating. Would it be at least possible for the clickable images to have more contrast against the background?

Animations -
Not sure if the animations have been slowed down, or whether the timing on them is simply different. When playing in my usual Coli "rhythm" I found that I was often clicking on the UI buttons BEFORE they actually became available. Not a big deal per se, but will take some getting used to.

Turn Order -
Noticed this in the higher level venues when using my level-appropriate teams. In the regular Coli, if a dragon has multiple actions prior to the enemy, it takes them consecutively. Now, the actions are taken cyclically? Again, no big deal, it will just take some getting used to. Just wondering why this change was made, though?

To clarify:

Old Coli
Dragon A
Dragon A
Dragon B
Dragon B
Dragon C

New Coli
Dragon A
Dragon B
Dragon C
Dragon A
Dragon B

Page Reload -
I'm going to sound like a broken record, but I'm really not happy with the way that the Coli page reloads and needs to be SCROLLED BACK DOWN between each battle. It's tedious, and I don't understand why it's necessary - the current Coli doesn't need that kind of micromanagement.

It's not the end of the world, but I find that it interrupts the "rhythm" of battle, forcing a pause while I scroll the screen to re-center the window. It may be worse for me than some others (as noted earlier, I play on 3x screen zoom for my poor eyesight), but I'm NOT the only one complaining.

Hoping that the devs will look into this issue and consider addressing it for the sake of the sanity of the community.

Bugs -
Not seeing any. Not even exaggerating. No graphical glitches, lag, technical problems, or socket issues. All skills that I frequently use are working as intended.

---

And that concludes my report for Day 2. Will continue to test over the next few days, including a test on my mobile device, and post updates as events warrant.
Exhausted and severely depressed.
Camping is cute, and I like the bonuses.

However, the camping captcha images are just too hard to see. They're tiny, and this doesn't bode well with my poor vision. I find myself squinting at the thing for far longer than should be necessary. I'm using a decently sized monitor with a desktop computer, and I can't help but wonder how impossible they are to see on a mobile device. o_o;
Camping is cute, and I like the bonuses.

However, the camping captcha images are just too hard to see. They're tiny, and this doesn't bode well with my poor vision. I find myself squinting at the thing for far longer than should be necessary. I'm using a decently sized monitor with a desktop computer, and I can't help but wonder how impossible they are to see on a mobile device. o_o;
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
Good
Good
dlh-2fRWu50.jpg
Just tried my first beta battle in the ghost light ruins and got a boss of all creatures XD

The style of it looks much better I think, so much cleaner and its cool that you can disable the effects of the battle.

I'm really loving the new coliseum so far and can tell I will have much more fun training dragons to level 25 then I am in the current version of the coliseum

Great job guys!

~Nj
Just tried my first beta battle in the ghost light ruins and got a boss of all creatures XD

The style of it looks much better I think, so much cleaner and its cool that you can disable the effects of the battle.

I'm really loving the new coliseum so far and can tell I will have much more fun training dragons to level 25 then I am in the current version of the coliseum

Great job guys!

~Nj
I barely use Coliseum soso.
I barely use Coliseum soso.
fBZO2yk.png
I like that we can disable the rich visual effects and the flashes/shakes. I used to have tons of lag and annoyance with the effects taking too long to get through.
I like that we can disable the rich visual effects and the flashes/shakes. I used to have tons of lag and annoyance with the effects taking too long to get through.
Rbf96Oh.gif9EAG2oz.pngRbf96Oh.gif
RBvgAJf.png
Today is the day where I get to really let loose with my complaints:

1. I really, really dislike camping. The captcha window is too small compared to the Coli window. The captcha images are difficult-to-impossible to make out. The random initiation of camping is disruptive, and the rewards aren't worth it to me - I've got teams optimized to take out just about everything without being hit already, even +STR or +QCK isn't going to change my strategy. I haven't seen a +EXP, but that would be worthless for farming because farming is typically done with 25s/in venues too low to give XP. You might be able to tempt me with a +drop rate, but stat boosts are useless to me. Many, many thumbs down.

2. The refreshing is bad to unworkable on desktop (Macbook Pro with Chrome). I often go fullscreen then shrink down so I can have things on my screen alongside Coli - not an option when you get kicked out of fullscreen between battles! Why even have a fullscreen option if you have to reset it every time??!?

3. Put the Haste/Rally buff images back next to the dragon name - I've seen screenshots of people with orange dragons, and you just can't see them on that image.

4. The slower Scratch animation is driving me up a wall.
Today is the day where I get to really let loose with my complaints:

1. I really, really dislike camping. The captcha window is too small compared to the Coli window. The captcha images are difficult-to-impossible to make out. The random initiation of camping is disruptive, and the rewards aren't worth it to me - I've got teams optimized to take out just about everything without being hit already, even +STR or +QCK isn't going to change my strategy. I haven't seen a +EXP, but that would be worthless for farming because farming is typically done with 25s/in venues too low to give XP. You might be able to tempt me with a +drop rate, but stat boosts are useless to me. Many, many thumbs down.

2. The refreshing is bad to unworkable on desktop (Macbook Pro with Chrome). I often go fullscreen then shrink down so I can have things on my screen alongside Coli - not an option when you get kicked out of fullscreen between battles! Why even have a fullscreen option if you have to reset it every time??!?

3. Put the Haste/Rally buff images back next to the dragon name - I've seen screenshots of people with orange dragons, and you just can't see them on that image.

4. The slower Scratch animation is driving me up a wall.
L1iCjA8.gif6I84XUY.gif
Sales_button22222.png
I'm going to have to echo the sentiments that captchas are a little too frequent & the dragons can be difficult to see; I've run into a few where the dragon blended into the background & I had to zoom in so I could find it. Doing this in addition to flipping them around & making the familiars brightly coloured seems unnecessary & unfair on users with small screens and/or poor eyesight, especially when providing accessibility to a wider range of players was a motivation behind revamping the Coliseum.

On a positive note, all abilities that I've tested so far have worked fine & it's nice to see spells such as Enamor or Enfeeble working as intended. Will be testing the Meditate recolours & possibly the tank skills if I get time!
I'm going to have to echo the sentiments that captchas are a little too frequent & the dragons can be difficult to see; I've run into a few where the dragon blended into the background & I had to zoom in so I could find it. Doing this in addition to flipping them around & making the familiars brightly coloured seems unnecessary & unfair on users with small screens and/or poor eyesight, especially when providing accessibility to a wider range of players was a motivation behind revamping the Coliseum.

On a positive note, all abilities that I've tested so far have worked fine & it's nice to see spells such as Enamor or Enfeeble working as intended. Will be testing the Meditate recolours & possibly the tank skills if I get time!
Oh my nice~
Oh my nice~
I'll make one soon.
1 2 ... 50 51 52 53 54 ... 93 94