Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | anime with GOOD storytelling?
1 2 3
My favorite, though it is more shonen type, has to be My Hero Academia (Boku no Hero Academia for manga readers)

It is very well paced and the characters are very diverse and interesting. Though it follows sort of a generic plot, it pulls it off really well and continue to deliver surprises. Right now there are two seasons of the anime (third coming out in April) and a lot of manga.

You can find the anime on crunchyroll, funimation, and some other websites, and the manga here.
My favorite, though it is more shonen type, has to be My Hero Academia (Boku no Hero Academia for manga readers)

It is very well paced and the characters are very diverse and interesting. Though it follows sort of a generic plot, it pulls it off really well and continue to deliver surprises. Right now there are two seasons of the anime (third coming out in April) and a lot of manga.

You can find the anime on crunchyroll, funimation, and some other websites, and the manga here.
tumblr_ot0059o4wr1v8lm95o1_r1_100.png hi, i'm may! nice to meet you. feel free to send a PM if you'd like to say hi! WKtl2lb.png
WQA384m.png
ZbNAjCO.png
Do you like slice of life? They're so comfy, and I love realistic ones, that do have SOME comedy, but isn't strictly a comedy, and not even strictly a romance ( i don't fancy those either ). I find they focus on good stories, and really good characters, that aren't set in the same generic Highschool setting. Here are my favorite:

- Silver Spoon / A nerdy kid goes to send-away, agricultural highschool. it is by the same person who did FMA. - Now it is highschool, but there is a lot of farming. Not enough where it's boring though!
- Usagi Drop / A man finds himself taking care of a 6 year old girl. it's so heartwarming and cute!
- Space Brothers / Now this one is 99 episodes long, and I'm only on episode 32, but I love it so far! It is about the older brother of an astronaut who tries to become an astronaut as well.

I would also recommend the anime movie Wolf Children :3
Other good good anime:
Bakuman - Is great, if you're any interested in the manga process, it's by the same person who did Death Note
Mob Psycho 100 - is one of my favorite series of all time, there's only one season out, and the manga is a bit ugly ( not as ugly as the original One Punch Man webcomic :P ) but it has some of the most charming and hilarious characters.
Do you like slice of life? They're so comfy, and I love realistic ones, that do have SOME comedy, but isn't strictly a comedy, and not even strictly a romance ( i don't fancy those either ). I find they focus on good stories, and really good characters, that aren't set in the same generic Highschool setting. Here are my favorite:

- Silver Spoon / A nerdy kid goes to send-away, agricultural highschool. it is by the same person who did FMA. - Now it is highschool, but there is a lot of farming. Not enough where it's boring though!
- Usagi Drop / A man finds himself taking care of a 6 year old girl. it's so heartwarming and cute!
- Space Brothers / Now this one is 99 episodes long, and I'm only on episode 32, but I love it so far! It is about the older brother of an astronaut who tries to become an astronaut as well.

I would also recommend the anime movie Wolf Children :3
Other good good anime:
Bakuman - Is great, if you're any interested in the manga process, it's by the same person who did Death Note
Mob Psycho 100 - is one of my favorite series of all time, there's only one season out, and the manga is a bit ugly ( not as ugly as the original One Punch Man webcomic :P ) but it has some of the most charming and hilarious characters.
Hello
1WHOIfu.gif
@purtydurgens

Okay so I'm really into psychological/mystery themed animes and I HIGHLY recommend Kiznaiver, Erased (Boku dake ga Inai Machi), and Eden of the East if you haven't yet seen them.

If you haven't heard or watched them already, here's a bit of description for each...

Kiznaiver - Protagonist is unable to feel anything, mentally and physically. However he and couple of others got thrown into an experimental test without any form of consent. Be in mind that they are practically strangers to each other and they all now share a connection that allows for them to feel each others pain, mentally and physically. The pain gets split and divided among them so it's not as painful as it would feel individually.

Erased (Boku dake ga Inai Machi) - Protagonist has the ability to travel back in time. An event occurs that brings him way back in time as a young child. The time dates back to the event of three kids being murdered. It becomes his task to stop those events from occurring and identify the murderer.

Eden of the East - I honestly can't recall a lot of what happened because I watched this so long ago. But I remember one of the main characters can't remember anything and is a wanted criminal...I think. I just remember really getting into it? There's only one season but has two movies after.

I'm currently watching March Comes in Like a Lion (3-gatsu no Lion) which I like so far, I'm on the second season. It revolves around competitive Japanese chess game called Shogi. The protagonist has strong character development. And if you find interest in March Comes in Like a Lion, I recommend Chihayafuru + Bamboo Blade. Chihayafuru revolves on competitive traditional Japanese card game known as Karuta, and Bamboo Blade revolves around modern Japanese martial art, Kendo.

As for anime movie recommendations:
- Boy and the Beast (Bakemono no Ko)
- The Anthem of the Heart (Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda)
- A Silent Voice (Koe no Katachi)
- Your Name (Kimi no na wa)
I literally impulse bought the deluxe limited edition blue ray edition DVD bundle

If you'd like to poke around for more recommendations, here's My Anime List.
@purtydurgens

Okay so I'm really into psychological/mystery themed animes and I HIGHLY recommend Kiznaiver, Erased (Boku dake ga Inai Machi), and Eden of the East if you haven't yet seen them.

If you haven't heard or watched them already, here's a bit of description for each...

Kiznaiver - Protagonist is unable to feel anything, mentally and physically. However he and couple of others got thrown into an experimental test without any form of consent. Be in mind that they are practically strangers to each other and they all now share a connection that allows for them to feel each others pain, mentally and physically. The pain gets split and divided among them so it's not as painful as it would feel individually.

Erased (Boku dake ga Inai Machi) - Protagonist has the ability to travel back in time. An event occurs that brings him way back in time as a young child. The time dates back to the event of three kids being murdered. It becomes his task to stop those events from occurring and identify the murderer.

Eden of the East - I honestly can't recall a lot of what happened because I watched this so long ago. But I remember one of the main characters can't remember anything and is a wanted criminal...I think. I just remember really getting into it? There's only one season but has two movies after.

I'm currently watching March Comes in Like a Lion (3-gatsu no Lion) which I like so far, I'm on the second season. It revolves around competitive Japanese chess game called Shogi. The protagonist has strong character development. And if you find interest in March Comes in Like a Lion, I recommend Chihayafuru + Bamboo Blade. Chihayafuru revolves on competitive traditional Japanese card game known as Karuta, and Bamboo Blade revolves around modern Japanese martial art, Kendo.

As for anime movie recommendations:
- Boy and the Beast (Bakemono no Ko)
- The Anthem of the Heart (Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda)
- A Silent Voice (Koe no Katachi)
- Your Name (Kimi no na wa)
I literally impulse bought the deluxe limited edition blue ray edition DVD bundle

If you'd like to poke around for more recommendations, here's My Anime List.

tumblr_osuiryrppa1v8lm95o2_75sq.gif _______

Pawli | 22 | INFP | FR +3
She/her/they/them
Inbox + friend requests are welcome

Wishlist
Tumblr (Art)
Art Shop - Coming soon

also cowboy bebop (it has violence n stuff , warning)
Cowboy bebop has a great ost and story and I really enjoyed it.

Made in Abyss is nice as well, its also kinda graphic tho.. The story and plot is unique though
boku no hero academia is super good

also cowboy bebop (it has violence n stuff , warning)
Cowboy bebop has a great ost and story and I really enjoyed it.

Made in Abyss is nice as well, its also kinda graphic tho.. The story and plot is unique though
FE14_Xander_Paladin_Map_Sprite.gifFE14_Camilla_Revenant_Knight_Map_Sprite.gifFE14_Leo_Dark_Knight_Map_Sprite.gifFE14_Elise_Strategist_Map_Sprite.gif

For the glory of Nohr
One of my all time favorites is Your Lie in April. Lots of beautiful music in there. Toradora! was also a pretty good one that I loved along with Fruits Basket and Special A. Good movies I've watched are A Silent Voice, Your Name, and Wolf Children.
One of my all time favorites is Your Lie in April. Lots of beautiful music in there. Toradora! was also a pretty good one that I loved along with Fruits Basket and Special A. Good movies I've watched are A Silent Voice, Your Name, and Wolf Children.
giphy.gif
Natsume's Book of Friends is a good choice.
Natsume's Book of Friends is a good choice.
@purtydurgens
BEE MOVIE.
@purtydurgens
BEE MOVIE.
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
Wolf's Rain is extremely good...amazing animation by studio bones and an interesting (and heart wrenching) story
Wolf's Rain is extremely good...amazing animation by studio bones and an interesting (and heart wrenching) story
hi welcome to applebees
Cowboy Bebop is a classic and honestly has one of the best OSTs ever made for pretty much any anime, so yeah, definite yes on Cowboy Bebop. Both Wolf's Rain and Cowboy Bebop were mainly Yoko Kanno OSTs and her music for anime OSTs is amazing.

As for others:

Toshokan Sensou( Library wars)-it's an older anime, and yeah I guess it could be considered shounen. It's set in a future of Japan where books and media have been heavily censored under a media censorship law. Libraries in response to said censorship laws basically create their own military task forces to protect their books and collections from well, being purged under the media censorship law in Japan. The story follows one woman's experiences in the military task force of a library in Japan that's basically using the military task force to protect their precious book artifacts and stuff like that. It came out in 2008.

I also really liked Bungo stray Dogs when it aired. The animation in it was amazing and it's heavily literary based though only in part and by name. The characters are people with special powers that are heavily based upon the literary characters that they're named after. They then use those powers to do different things, to aid mafia, to help the government, etc..etc..

Cowboy Bebop is a classic and honestly has one of the best OSTs ever made for pretty much any anime, so yeah, definite yes on Cowboy Bebop. Both Wolf's Rain and Cowboy Bebop were mainly Yoko Kanno OSTs and her music for anime OSTs is amazing.

As for others:

Toshokan Sensou( Library wars)-it's an older anime, and yeah I guess it could be considered shounen. It's set in a future of Japan where books and media have been heavily censored under a media censorship law. Libraries in response to said censorship laws basically create their own military task forces to protect their books and collections from well, being purged under the media censorship law in Japan. The story follows one woman's experiences in the military task force of a library in Japan that's basically using the military task force to protect their precious book artifacts and stuff like that. It came out in 2008.

I also really liked Bungo stray Dogs when it aired. The animation in it was amazing and it's heavily literary based though only in part and by name. The characters are people with special powers that are heavily based upon the literary characters that they're named after. They then use those powers to do different things, to aid mafia, to help the government, etc..etc..

Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.- Le petit prince.
1 2 3