Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | [Hub] Taxidermy, Skulls, and More!
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 36 37
@ShivaMateria

Wow, that thing is is good condition! I saw a lot of toe nails on it, which is really impressive. They might fall out with time, so be careful, but its awesome you have that many.
The skull is so pretty, I love how translucent it is. I can't see much of the sternum right now, though I bet its going to be marvelous when it finished. That whole bone should be really delicate looking, being a larger bone yet mostly translucent. My green parrots is like that, its so cool!
@ShivaMateria

Wow, that thing is is good condition! I saw a lot of toe nails on it, which is really impressive. They might fall out with time, so be careful, but its awesome you have that many.
The skull is so pretty, I love how translucent it is. I can't see much of the sternum right now, though I bet its going to be marvelous when it finished. That whole bone should be really delicate looking, being a larger bone yet mostly translucent. My green parrots is like that, its so cool!
@LizardKing
I found it pretty fresh, so I got really lucky! All of the talons are in tact, and when I found it, bugs had only eaten away the brain and eyes, saving me some really gross work. I can only hope that I'm half as lucky with future finds. But thanks for the heads up, I'll be extra careful when I strain it to save the talons.
Also, I'd love to see your crab! You should PM me the photos!
@LizardKing
I found it pretty fresh, so I got really lucky! All of the talons are in tact, and when I found it, bugs had only eaten away the brain and eyes, saving me some really gross work. I can only hope that I'm half as lucky with future finds. But thanks for the heads up, I'll be extra careful when I strain it to save the talons.
Also, I'd love to see your crab! You should PM me the photos!
ludicolo-f.gifludicolo-f.gifludicolo-f.gifdnTYDHh.gif
I'm so happy! So today I checked out the Eurasian collared dove wings from the bird me and kuchipatchis found on Christmas. Its been a month, so I figured they should be all dried up by now. Opened them up, and they came out beautifully! I preserved them in salt and borax (mostly borax though) and pinned them into position with some sewing needles. I think I am never going to try corn meal again, being bugs can eat the corn meal itself and borax is actually used in professional bird dry preserves. Its borax for me here on out. Here they are: [img]https://i.imgur.com/cNQjbhj.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/xDI8z3s.jpg[/img]
I'm so happy!
So today I checked out the Eurasian collared dove wings from the bird me and kuchipatchis found on Christmas. Its been a month, so I figured they should be all dried up by now.
Opened them up, and they came out beautifully! I preserved them in salt and borax (mostly borax though) and pinned them into position with some sewing needles. I think I am never going to try corn meal again, being bugs can eat the corn meal itself and borax is actually used in professional bird dry preserves. Its borax for me here on out.

Here they are:

cNQjbhj.jpg

xDI8z3s.jpg
aye sup! i collect animal hides and i own a coyote hide (llegally ofcourse)
aye sup! i collect animal hides and i own a coyote hide (llegally ofcourse)
Kano3Shuuya.png
@Kano3Shuuya

Oh, hey there! I like running into the same people in different threads

Do you have any pics you want to share? I love to see big mammal stuff, and a coyote hide sounds specifically really cool
@Kano3Shuuya

Oh, hey there! I like running into the same people in different threads

Do you have any pics you want to share? I love to see big mammal stuff, and a coyote hide sounds specifically really cool
What's up guys! I JUST finished this little opossum and now I am letting her cure and dry. Thought you guys would like to see what she looks like right now. [img]https://i.imgur.com/i8q3YO5.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/WOFSjSe.jpg[/img]
What's up guys! I JUST finished this little opossum and now I am letting her cure and dry. Thought you guys would like to see what she looks like right now.

i8q3YO5.jpg

WOFSjSe.jpg
{Puppy} {FR +2} {Goat Lover} {22} {They/Them}
1566865007982.png
@LittlePuppy
THAT'S SO COOL
omg I love to see all the little pins, I'm guessing that's to keep the details in its face together?
and the tape on the ears is so cute, i'm sure its functional (I'm assuming again to keep it in place?) but it's adorable too
@LittlePuppy
THAT'S SO COOL
omg I love to see all the little pins, I'm guessing that's to keep the details in its face together?
and the tape on the ears is so cute, i'm sure its functional (I'm assuming again to keep it in place?) but it's adorable too
@LittlePuppy so cute! id love to see the final, too!
@LittlePuppy so cute! id love to see the final, too!
8VvjJ9p.png
@LizardKing

Yes, the pins are used to keep the eyelids and lips in place especially after the hide dries. The tape has thin cardboard inbetween them to help keep the ears from crumpling up when they dry. She has big ears, lol.

@kuchipatchis Thank you. I'll show off her final when she is fully done. I'm honestly excited!
@LizardKing

Yes, the pins are used to keep the eyelids and lips in place especially after the hide dries. The tape has thin cardboard inbetween them to help keep the ears from crumpling up when they dry. She has big ears, lol.

@kuchipatchis Thank you. I'll show off her final when she is fully done. I'm honestly excited!
{Puppy} {FR +2} {Goat Lover} {22} {They/Them}
1566865007982.png
Just got this Jacob sheep skull at a local antique store, my 11th skull! He's a bit battered (missing two horns and some teeth, and the right premaxilla is broken), but I think he's beautiful <3 [img]https://s17.postimg.org/3smd0lofj/IMG_2201.jpg[/img] Here's my other skulls as well! From left to right: Two black bears, coyote, Nile crocodile, pronghorn (on the wall), nutria, vervet monkey, palm civet, some type of fruit bat, and white-tailed deer [img]https://s17.postimg.org/cavt4zse7/IMG_2143.jpg[/img]
Just got this Jacob sheep skull at a local antique store, my 11th skull! He's a bit battered (missing two horns and some teeth, and the right premaxilla is broken), but I think he's beautiful <3
IMG_2201.jpg

Here's my other skulls as well! From left to right: Two black bears, coyote, Nile crocodile, pronghorn (on the wall), nutria, vervet monkey, palm civet, some type of fruit bat, and white-tailed deer
IMG_2143.jpg
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 36 37