Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Questions? Concerns? Discuss!
1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 91 92
@Aequorin; alright, thank you very much for clearing that up! ^_^ Now Im all excited again! Very curious for the releases! I wish you guys the best of luck with the development c:
@Aequorin; alright, thank you very much for clearing that up! ^_^ Now Im all excited again! Very curious for the releases! I wish you guys the best of luck with the development c:
@Aequorin

I've recently run into a bit of a snag with my Existing Skins Catalog; it seems that I've hit the maximum text cap for one of my posts, and only thanks to Google Cache have I managed not to lose a number of Wildclaw accents. First off, I'd just like to suggest that there be a little window that pops up if you try to submit a post that is over the text limit, as it took me completely by surprise. Say no to panic attacks! =P

My main concern is that I am no longer able to update Imperial/Wildclaw skins without changing my layout, and eventually I will end up pushing the limit with the other posts, as well. I'm not entirely sure how to proceed - if I'm going to keep updating the catalog, I'm going to eventually have to open a new thread, or add a mass of new posts halfway through it. I'd also like to know what the official text cap number is, so that I can approximate out how many skins I can have represented within a post to keep things relatively even among the different breeds.

I thought I should get some official input before I continued...

~ Azophel
@Aequorin

I've recently run into a bit of a snag with my Existing Skins Catalog; it seems that I've hit the maximum text cap for one of my posts, and only thanks to Google Cache have I managed not to lose a number of Wildclaw accents. First off, I'd just like to suggest that there be a little window that pops up if you try to submit a post that is over the text limit, as it took me completely by surprise. Say no to panic attacks! =P

My main concern is that I am no longer able to update Imperial/Wildclaw skins without changing my layout, and eventually I will end up pushing the limit with the other posts, as well. I'm not entirely sure how to proceed - if I'm going to keep updating the catalog, I'm going to eventually have to open a new thread, or add a mass of new posts halfway through it. I'd also like to know what the official text cap number is, so that I can approximate out how many skins I can have represented within a post to keep things relatively even among the different breeds.

I thought I should get some official input before I continued...

~ Azophel
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
Okay, I would like to make a request/suggestion.

Can we get an official entry somewhere of what items are cycled out, and what are discontinued/never coming back?

Like an actual, up to date, official, no speculation or need to dig through hundreds of posts for mod comments, list?

I know that a line was added to the Festival page to state that only the Emblems come back every year- but the rest of the items need to be listed somewhere too.

Especially since we will be having (hopefully soon) new users joining us, who might be interested to know what items are going to be coming back, and which ones will NOT so they can decide how much to spend on that shiny pirate hat, or what have you.

Can we get an official entry somewhere of what items are cycled out, and what are discontinued/never coming back?

Like an actual, up to date, official, no speculation or need to dig through hundreds of posts for mod comments, list?

I know that a line was added to the Festival page to state that only the Emblems come back every year- but the rest of the items need to be listed somewhere too.

Especially since we will be having (hopefully soon) new users joining us, who might be interested to know what items are going to be coming back, and which ones will NOT so they can decide how much to spend on that shiny pirate hat, or what have you.
1Fannish_Shop_MediumV2_zps1cce32cb.png
Where we ship it. --Join us for Reserves, trades, contests and more!
[quote name="Fannish" date="2014-02-19 07:56:52"]Okay, I would like to make a request/suggestion. Can we get an official entry somewhere of what items are cycled out, and what are discontinued/never coming back? Like an actual, up to date, official, no speculation or need to dig through hundreds of posts for mod[i] comments[/i], list? I know that a line was added to the Festival page to state that only the Emblems come back every year- but the rest of the items need to be listed somewhere too. Especially since we will be having (hopefully soon) new users joining us, who might be interested to know what items are going to be coming back, and which ones will NOT so they can decide how much to spend on that shiny pirate hat, or what have you.[/quote] @Fannish, (as a dot i's, cross t's clarification) if we state an item is being [b]cycled out[/b] it will return in the future. If we state an item is being [b]retired[/b], that's it. Get it while you can, it's not coming back. As for a definitive list, I can bring this up in our meetings and see what we can do. @Azophel, that is a question best handled by Undel. Please send in a Contact Us and title it 'Skins - [brief issue summary]' and I'll make sure Undel receives it.
Fannish wrote on 2014-02-19 07:56:52:

@Fannish, (as a dot i's, cross t's clarification) if we state an item is being cycled out it will return in the future. If we state an item is being retired, that's it. Get it while you can, it's not coming back.

As for a definitive list, I can bring this up in our meetings and see what we can do.

@Azophel, that is a question best handled by Undel. Please send in a Contact Us and title it 'Skins - [brief issue summary]' and I'll make sure Undel receives it.
@Aequorin I have a derpy question about Element Holidays. Are there set dates for the Holidays occuring the rest of the year? February's is pretty easy to gauge, as the last week clearly starts Sunday and ends Saturday, but what about March? Is Wind's Holiday going to be the 23rd to 30th, or 30th to the 6th?
@Aequorin I have a derpy question about Element Holidays. Are there set dates for the Holidays occuring the rest of the year? February's is pretty easy to gauge, as the last week clearly starts Sunday and ends Saturday, but what about March? Is Wind's Holiday going to be the 23rd to 30th, or 30th to the 6th?
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
[quote name="Confectionary" date="2014-02-19 08:58:59"]@Aequorin I have a derpy question about Element Holidays. Are there set dates for the Holidays occuring the rest of the year? February's is pretty easy to gauge, as the last week clearly starts Sunday and ends Saturday, but what about March? Is Wind's Holiday going to be the 23rd to 30th, or 30th to the 6th?[/quote] @Confectionary, the general timing of the Festivals is the last week of the month. When a month ends mid-week, we will let players know in advance that month what the specific date of that particular Festival is.
Confectionary wrote on 2014-02-19 08:58:59:

@Confectionary, the general timing of the Festivals is the last week of the month. When a month ends mid-week, we will let players know in advance that month what the specific date of that particular Festival is.
There's been a lot of discussion about gathering in various places lately, and it's gotten me curious about something. Are eggs a level dependent gathering drop (ie, do you have a better chance of finding one at level 20 than at level 10), or are they just rare bonus drops like the gathering familiars that you can find at any level?
There's been a lot of discussion about gathering in various places lately, and it's gotten me curious about something. Are eggs a level dependent gathering drop (ie, do you have a better chance of finding one at level 20 than at level 10), or are they just rare bonus drops like the gathering familiars that you can find at any level?
[quote name="smallercomfort" date="2014-02-20 13:09:42"]There's been a lot of discussion about gathering in various places lately, and it's gotten me curious about something. Are eggs a level dependent gathering drop (ie, do you have a better chance of finding one at level 20 than at level 10), or are they just rare bonus drops like the gathering familiars that you can find at any level?[/quote] @smallercomfort, they are a rare drop you can get at any level.
smallercomfort wrote on 2014-02-20 13:09:42:

@smallercomfort, they are a rare drop you can get at any level.
@Aequorin

My friend and I were discussing recently about the new Coli skins. She's convinced that the skins are only there for a limited time. My impression was that they are more-or-less permanent. Could you clear this up for me?
@Aequorin

My friend and I were discussing recently about the new Coli skins. She's convinced that the skins are only there for a limited time. My impression was that they are more-or-less permanent. Could you clear this up for me?
7GFlGJN.pngUQye6pN.pngMrRCllp.pngw7zrq5X.pngJ62sYF0.pnghgDH6fo.png9My5I2b.pngiibnNpu.pngDBFJoJn.pngA3L5B4e.pngzjJqiVN.png
v8f8ZKI.png
It's not a huge issue, but it's bothering me and some of my friends nonetheless. I hoped that the Flight Rising community was a decently mature one (and I'm not saying that it's not), but I find it annoying that people are competing for 'first' posts on news announcements. This isn't deviantArt. It seems like lately there's always a 'First!' post which may or may not be edited in later to say "aww wait nope, second!" or "oh yeah and nice update".

To me, first posts are like spam and I think they should be deleted or something. Again, a very minor issue, but it really bothers me anyway. And I think guests can see news posts and comments too, so it can make it seem like everyone here is really immature. \
It's not a huge issue, but it's bothering me and some of my friends nonetheless. I hoped that the Flight Rising community was a decently mature one (and I'm not saying that it's not), but I find it annoying that people are competing for 'first' posts on news announcements. This isn't deviantArt. It seems like lately there's always a 'First!' post which may or may not be edited in later to say "aww wait nope, second!" or "oh yeah and nice update".

To me, first posts are like spam and I think they should be deleted or something. Again, a very minor issue, but it really bothers me anyway. And I think guests can see news posts and comments too, so it can make it seem like everyone here is really immature. \
output_43i3Yr.gif
1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 91 92