Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Questions? Concerns? Discuss!
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 91 92
@Aequorin
Just a small one c:
Ive noticed that dominance ticks over about 10 minute before rollover and was just wondering if this was meant to happen?
@Aequorin
Just a small one c:
Ive noticed that dominance ticks over about 10 minute before rollover and was just wondering if this was meant to happen?
===
Veo99mO.gif
Join our Flight Rising Discord Server!
=== Buying
Nests (wip)
Cauldrons
Fodder Leveling
Breed Change: Imperial
=== Selling
Max Cauldron (wip)
Coli Grinding (wip)
something
something
@DuckgoesRawr Undel mentioned this just a few days ago, where someone also was surprised it ended earlier. I can't recall the exact reason for it (probably has to do with server strain and rollover), but it is working as intended.. c:
@DuckgoesRawr Undel mentioned this just a few days ago, where someone also was surprised it ended earlier. I can't recall the exact reason for it (probably has to do with server strain and rollover), but it is working as intended.. c:
@Gaia
Oh okay c: that makes sense since i thought it should happen at rollover, doesnt affect me anyways n.n
@Gaia
Oh okay c: that makes sense since i thought it should happen at rollover, doesnt affect me anyways n.n
===
Veo99mO.gif
Join our Flight Rising Discord Server!
=== Buying
Nests (wip)
Cauldrons
Fodder Leveling
Breed Change: Imperial
=== Selling
Max Cauldron (wip)
Coli Grinding (wip)
something
something
Good morning! I hope everyone had a lovely weekend.

@Bowno, Skins and Accents do not limit the genes the artists make. They won't avoid making a gene just because a similar skin was created, if they did they'd run out of potential patterns in a hurry!

@Nineteen, I've removed "pollock" (the name of the fish and legitimate surname) from the filter. I've hit a technical issue, it's still being filtered, and someone needs to kick something in the database for me but it has been removed. (edit: fixed!) I added the correct spelling of the actual slur to the database with some adjustments.

Regarding 'Slag' - it has a very nasty definition in English as far as it being a 'title' or reference. Naming a dragon that would be inappropriate.

As to profanity itself, we simply do not want profanity on our website. If something slips in, like the legitimate fish/surname, please use Contact Us, notify us, and we will review it.

@Dragonsage, @Kuikka, regarding dragon names: at this time, special characters will not be allowed in dragon names. We will also be changing the textbox to read as 'alpha' only and not 'alphanumeric.' That was confusing for players, that is our fault, and we're very sorry for that.

@DuckGoesRawr, @Gaia, that is correct. Dominance ticks over in order to ease the load on the server. :)

If I haven't responded to your question yet: I've sent some other questions to my fellow Admin and am waiting on information.
Good morning! I hope everyone had a lovely weekend.

@Bowno, Skins and Accents do not limit the genes the artists make. They won't avoid making a gene just because a similar skin was created, if they did they'd run out of potential patterns in a hurry!

@Nineteen, I've removed "pollock" (the name of the fish and legitimate surname) from the filter. I've hit a technical issue, it's still being filtered, and someone needs to kick something in the database for me but it has been removed. (edit: fixed!) I added the correct spelling of the actual slur to the database with some adjustments.

Regarding 'Slag' - it has a very nasty definition in English as far as it being a 'title' or reference. Naming a dragon that would be inappropriate.

As to profanity itself, we simply do not want profanity on our website. If something slips in, like the legitimate fish/surname, please use Contact Us, notify us, and we will review it.

@Dragonsage, @Kuikka, regarding dragon names: at this time, special characters will not be allowed in dragon names. We will also be changing the textbox to read as 'alpha' only and not 'alphanumeric.' That was confusing for players, that is our fault, and we're very sorry for that.

@DuckGoesRawr, @Gaia, that is correct. Dominance ticks over in order to ease the load on the server. :)

If I haven't responded to your question yet: I've sent some other questions to my fellow Admin and am waiting on information.
Thank you for your answer! That makes me feel tons tons better knowing that x3
Thank you for your answer! That makes me feel tons tons better knowing that x3
TOW2n3q.png
I have a question! Are y'all looking into the ads that pop up on the site? I know some of the nasty ones have been submitted to the ad tracking thread multiple times but I've never seen any reply. One I get very often that's super annoying is when I'm on my tablet/phone, there is one that has a pop-up "confirm/cancel" window that says 'SCAN YOUR ANDROID FOR A VIRUS NOW!"
D:
I have a question! Are y'all looking into the ads that pop up on the site? I know some of the nasty ones have been submitted to the ad tracking thread multiple times but I've never seen any reply. One I get very often that's super annoying is when I'm on my tablet/phone, there is one that has a pop-up "confirm/cancel" window that says 'SCAN YOUR ANDROID FOR A VIRUS NOW!"
D:
moj0Ael.png
Thought I'd just stick this up here- Aequorin if you want me to take this down just say so or delete it! If you're okay with this, then I'll come back in and organize by topic/try to consolidate some questions.

Nota Bene: Most of the answers I have below are paraphrased from Aequorin's actual answers c: I'm going to go through as I can and link each answer to the actual post where she answered that particular question so that you may find it in its entirety if you so desire.

Answered Questions!

Q: Is there any news on the optimizations/breed descriptions/deity bios/bug fixes/Shock Switch coming out of Beta/Forum Search that were being worked on?
A: The optimizations were put on hold due to recent events. We hope to get those up and running sooner rather than later!

Q: I understand that you can't provide specific ETAs, but can we get a rough list of priorities for known issues?
A: In general, bugs that heavily affect gameplay like the Familiar Bonding issue are given a higher priority over something like the Lair arrangement issue.

Q: Dragon lending not supported? Nest Renting? Etc? D: (many iterations of this question)
A: Dragon lending and nest lending are not supported, but a secure method for item trading is being looked into!

Q: Why do you have a new account?
A: Admin accounts function differently than regular accounts.

Q: Is it okay to discuss unreleased items/scrolls/dragons/etc?
A: If the item/scroll is already dropping in-game, discuss away! If it has not been released into the game, please refrain from talking about it until it is released.

Q: Is FR staff ever going to try to work with tumblr staff to mod the Flight Rising tag on tumblr?
A: No. If you see a problem, please report it to tumblr customer support.

Q: What are your duties and responsibilities as Community Manager?
A: I will be managing Flight Rising's multi-media, ensuring the Community is regular updated, overseeing the volunteer moderators, assisting with some Customer Service issues, and generally assist with helping the Flight Rising community grow and flourish.

Q: Do the admins actually play the game, as well as develop it?
A: Yes!

Q: Is there ever going to be a way to change the elements of nests, since nest/dragon lending is not supported?
A: Not at this time, but continue to utilize the Suggestions forum!

Q: New registration window? When?
A: There isn't a set date yet, but we will open registration again as soon as we can! We're trying to finish some optimizations before opening registration again.

Q: Are there any new genes coming out?
A: There are some new primary and secondary genes in the works.

Q: ADVENTURE MODE/crafting. What is it, when is it, how is it?!
A: Akiri's hospitalization has delayed the release of Adventure/crafting a great deal. We don't have an ETA right now.

Q: Any plans to allow us to turn off animations on the Coliseum?
A: Unknown at this time; I'll ask the devs.

Q: Bugs where "no record of your purchase can be found" and you never recieved the item/dragon- can this be fixed?
A: I'll bring this to the admins' attention.

Q: Do you get paid to be an admin?
A: Yep.

Q: Do you have access to the admin email address and the submitted "Contact Us" forms?
A: Yes, I do. This is so I can assist with some Customer Service issues.

Q: When a thread is locked/deleted, will the poster be told why?
A: Yep! You should recieve a message or a ping regarding why this occurs.

Q: Is there any way to express interest in a mod position?
A: We still have all the previous apps, but new and current players are more than welcome to submit via Contact Us.

Q: Are we allowed to use premade brushes on skins/accents?
A: Premades fall into the same realm as textures. If you want to use a brush, you need to create it yourself or use a default brush.

Q: Is it possible that the Auction House might be searchable by color in the future?
A: I can't answer definitively, but the admins are definitely listening! [Note: I believe an admin confirmed this recently- anyone have a source?]

Q: Where will the questions and ansers in this thread be posted? Just as quotes in your replies, or are you going to make a tumblr/official news post?
A: Right now, just as quotes in replies!

Q: Security- is it safe?
A: The admin take the security of Flight Rising and all player accounts very seriously. It is a regular topic in our meetings and we will never cease working on improving that.

Q: Do the admin get to pick which familiar is their avatar?
A: Yep, as do the volunteer mods!

Q: Will offsite news/Q&A ever be posted here for those of us who don't watch offsite pages?
A: Yep! It's here.

Q: Are there any plans to add more levels/areas to the Coliseum?
A: I can't answer that at this time, sorry!

Q: Is the site ever going to be open for good?
A: The end goal is permanent open registration!

Q: Is there a reason things get implemented on the website before they're officially announced?
A: Yep! We want to have the items ready for you before announcing them. That way it can be in-game right when we announce it!

Q: Can we get the 'What NOT to Suggest' thread stickied to cut down on flame wars?
A: Flame wars should always be reported immediately. We will not sticky the thread, because it may stifle the creativity of the userbase.

Q: Site safety: people seem to keep finding exploits in the code. Is there anything being done to deal with this?
A: Report all suspected exploits through Contact Us. We are working constantly to improve security.

Q: Will the level cap ever be increased?
A: I can't answer that at this time, sorry! A good idea, though.

Q: Will there ever be a safe way to make gem/treasure transactions?
A: Yes, we are currently looking into secure item trading.

Q: Since dragons are tied to their unique ID numbers, is there a reason why we can't have spaces in their names? Also: special characters?
A: I don't know at this time regarding spaces, sorry. Special characters will not be available.

Q: Will gene layers ever be available in the downloadable PSDs?
A: No, they will not. Additionally, dragon image generators are not allowed.

Q: Why are the exp yields from different battles in the Coliseum so different?
A: I'll look into it.

Q: What exactly does Lightsky do?
A: They are working with Akiri on the framework and backbone of the site, investigating exploits, and providing consultation and assistance with security concerns. They are the reason the site is operating so much more quickly than when we first opened.

Q: Is the admin team considering adding more code/server professionals? Are they looking to expand their resident staff at all?
A: Yes to both as the site grows.

Q: Are we ever going to get any familiars with male humanoid features?

Q: Are the admin looking into Fayd's Overhaul Suggestions?
A: I can't provide an answer for that at the moment, sorry!

Q: Is there any ETA on account recovery for those who got messed up by the global password reset?
A: We are working on those right now.

Q: The Known Issues thread hasn't been updated for months D:
A: This is something I am planning to address. Sometimes reports go without response because there is nothing to say.

Q: Have you looked into making more parts of the site more tablet friendly?
A: Yes! We are constantly working on this and there is a tracking thread for mobile issues here.

Q: FLIGHT SALES SUBFORA D:
A: We are evaluating solutions currently.

Q: Are there plans to increase the available dragon color range?
A: Right now I'm just polling to get a feel for what people may like to see. Adding colors is very labor intensive and not a task to be taken lightly.

Q: Any news on the kickstarter rewards?
A: The remaining 22 packages are shipping Feb 04.

Q: How does the Coliseum pick opponents in ranked matches?
A: The Coliseum will try to pick an opponent close to your level who you have not fought recently. If there is no player that meets these requirements, it will choose a player at random to ensure you have someone to fight. The Coliseum ranks based on your highest level dragon in your team.

Q: It's been over a week since the last front page update... Everything okay at Dragon HQ?
A: Some Snappers have tried chewing on the wires again but that's all I can say...spoilers and all. ;) ♥

Q: Is there ever going to be an inbreeding checker?
A: Yes, there are plans. No ETA at this time.

Q: Will a gene not be made because there is a similar skin/accent?
A: "Skins and Accents do not limit the genes the artists make. They won't avoid making a gene just because a similar skin was created, if they did they'd run out of potential patterns in a hurry!"

Q: Why is "pollock" a banned name? And "Slag"?
A: 'pollock' has been removed from the banned list, but 'slag' has not [for reasons noted in the original post]. Additionally, please refrain from using profanity anywhere on the site.

Q: Why does Dominance tick over before midnight?
A: To reduce the load on the server!

Q: What should I do about ads that cause popups?
A: Please report particularly nasty ones through email. There should not be popups at all.
Thought I'd just stick this up here- Aequorin if you want me to take this down just say so or delete it! If you're okay with this, then I'll come back in and organize by topic/try to consolidate some questions.

Nota Bene: Most of the answers I have below are paraphrased from Aequorin's actual answers c: I'm going to go through as I can and link each answer to the actual post where she answered that particular question so that you may find it in its entirety if you so desire.

Answered Questions!

Q: Is there any news on the optimizations/breed descriptions/deity bios/bug fixes/Shock Switch coming out of Beta/Forum Search that were being worked on?
A: The optimizations were put on hold due to recent events. We hope to get those up and running sooner rather than later!

Q: I understand that you can't provide specific ETAs, but can we get a rough list of priorities for known issues?
A: In general, bugs that heavily affect gameplay like the Familiar Bonding issue are given a higher priority over something like the Lair arrangement issue.

Q: Dragon lending not supported? Nest Renting? Etc? D: (many iterations of this question)
A: Dragon lending and nest lending are not supported, but a secure method for item trading is being looked into!

Q: Why do you have a new account?
A: Admin accounts function differently than regular accounts.

Q: Is it okay to discuss unreleased items/scrolls/dragons/etc?
A: If the item/scroll is already dropping in-game, discuss away! If it has not been released into the game, please refrain from talking about it until it is released.

Q: Is FR staff ever going to try to work with tumblr staff to mod the Flight Rising tag on tumblr?
A: No. If you see a problem, please report it to tumblr customer support.

Q: What are your duties and responsibilities as Community Manager?
A: I will be managing Flight Rising's multi-media, ensuring the Community is regular updated, overseeing the volunteer moderators, assisting with some Customer Service issues, and generally assist with helping the Flight Rising community grow and flourish.

Q: Do the admins actually play the game, as well as develop it?

Q: Is there ever going to be a way to change the elements of nests, since nest/dragon lending is not supported?
A: Not at this time, but continue to utilize the Suggestions forum!

Q: New registration window? When?
A: There isn't a set date yet, but we will open registration again as soon as we can! We're trying to finish some optimizations before opening registration again.

Q: Are there any new genes coming out?
A: There are some new primary and secondary genes in the works.

Q: ADVENTURE MODE/crafting. What is it, when is it, how is it?!
A: Akiri's hospitalization has delayed the release of Adventure/crafting a great deal. We don't have an ETA right now.

Q: Any plans to allow us to turn off animations on the Coliseum?
A: Unknown at this time; I'll ask the devs.

Q: Bugs where "no record of your purchase can be found" and you never recieved the item/dragon- can this be fixed?
A: I'll bring this to the admins' attention.

Q: Do you get paid to be an admin?
A: Yep.

Q: Do you have access to the admin email address and the submitted "Contact Us" forms?
A: Yes, I do. This is so I can assist with some Customer Service issues.

Q: When a thread is locked/deleted, will the poster be told why?
A: Yep! You should recieve a message or a ping regarding why this occurs.

Q: Is there any way to express interest in a mod position?
A: We still have all the previous apps, but new and current players are more than welcome to submit via Contact Us.

Q: Are we allowed to use premade brushes on skins/accents?
A: Premades fall into the same realm as textures. If you want to use a brush, you need to create it yourself or use a default brush.

Q: Is it possible that the Auction House might be searchable by color in the future?
A: I can't answer definitively, but the admins are definitely listening! [Note: I believe an admin confirmed this recently- anyone have a source?]

Q: Where will the questions and ansers in this thread be posted? Just as quotes in your replies, or are you going to make a tumblr/official news post?
A: Right now, just as quotes in replies!

Q: Security- is it safe?
A: The admin take the security of Flight Rising and all player accounts very seriously. It is a regular topic in our meetings and we will never cease working on improving that.

Q: Do the admin get to pick which familiar is their avatar?
A: Yep, as do the volunteer mods!

Q: Will offsite news/Q&A ever be posted here for those of us who don't watch offsite pages?
A: Yep! It's here.

Q: Are there any plans to add more levels/areas to the Coliseum?
A: I can't answer that at this time, sorry!

Q: Is the site ever going to be open for good?
A: The end goal is permanent open registration!

Q: Is there a reason things get implemented on the website before they're officially announced?
A: Yep! We want to have the items ready for you before announcing them. That way it can be in-game right when we announce it!

Q: Can we get the 'What NOT to Suggest' thread stickied to cut down on flame wars?
A: Flame wars should always be reported immediately. We will not sticky the thread, because it may stifle the creativity of the userbase.

Q: Site safety: people seem to keep finding exploits in the code. Is there anything being done to deal with this?
A: Report all suspected exploits through Contact Us. We are working constantly to improve security.

Q: Will the level cap ever be increased?
A: I can't answer that at this time, sorry! A good idea, though.

Q: Will there ever be a safe way to make gem/treasure transactions?
A: Yes, we are currently looking into secure item trading.

Q: Since dragons are tied to their unique ID numbers, is there a reason why we can't have spaces in their names? Also: special characters?
A: I don't know at this time regarding spaces, sorry. Special characters will not be available.

Q: Will gene layers ever be available in the downloadable PSDs?
A: No, they will not. Additionally, dragon image generators are not allowed.

Q: Why are the exp yields from different battles in the Coliseum so different?
A: I'll look into it.

Q: What exactly does Lightsky do?
A: They are working with Akiri on the framework and backbone of the site, investigating exploits, and providing consultation and assistance with security concerns. They are the reason the site is operating so much more quickly than when we first opened.

Q: Is the admin team considering adding more code/server professionals? Are they looking to expand their resident staff at all?
A: Yes to both as the site grows.

Q: Are we ever going to get any familiars with male humanoid features?

Q: Are the admin looking into Fayd's Overhaul Suggestions?
A: I can't provide an answer for that at the moment, sorry!

Q: Is there any ETA on account recovery for those who got messed up by the global password reset?
A: We are working on those right now.

Q: The Known Issues thread hasn't been updated for months D:
A: This is something I am planning to address. Sometimes reports go without response because there is nothing to say.

Q: Have you looked into making more parts of the site more tablet friendly?
A: Yes! We are constantly working on this and there is a tracking thread for mobile issues here.

Q: FLIGHT SALES SUBFORA D:
A: We are evaluating solutions currently.

Q: Are there plans to increase the available dragon color range?
A: Right now I'm just polling to get a feel for what people may like to see. Adding colors is very labor intensive and not a task to be taken lightly.

Q: Any news on the kickstarter rewards?
A: The remaining 22 packages are shipping Feb 04.

Q: How does the Coliseum pick opponents in ranked matches?
A: The Coliseum will try to pick an opponent close to your level who you have not fought recently. If there is no player that meets these requirements, it will choose a player at random to ensure you have someone to fight. The Coliseum ranks based on your highest level dragon in your team.

Q: It's been over a week since the last front page update... Everything okay at Dragon HQ?
A: Some Snappers have tried chewing on the wires again but that's all I can say...spoilers and all. ;) ♥

Q: Is there ever going to be an inbreeding checker?
A: Yes, there are plans. No ETA at this time.

Q: Will a gene not be made because there is a similar skin/accent?
A: "Skins and Accents do not limit the genes the artists make. They won't avoid making a gene just because a similar skin was created, if they did they'd run out of potential patterns in a hurry!"

Q: Why is "pollock" a banned name? And "Slag"?
A: 'pollock' has been removed from the banned list, but 'slag' has not [for reasons noted in the original post]. Additionally, please refrain from using profanity anywhere on the site.

Q: Why does Dominance tick over before midnight?
A: To reduce the load on the server!

Q: What should I do about ads that cause popups?
A: Please report particularly nasty ones through email. There should not be popups at all.
moj0Ael.png
[quote name="Vortex" date="2014-02-10 14:41:21"][color=#336699]I have a question! Are y'all looking into the ads that pop up on the site? I know some of the nasty ones have been submitted to the ad tracking thread multiple times but I've never seen any reply. One I get very often that's super annoying is when I'm on my tablet/phone, there is one that has a pop-up "confirm/cancel" window that says 'SCAN YOUR ANDROID FOR A VIRUS NOW!" D:[/quote] @Vortex, in the case of a particularly nasty one, email us directly. There shouldn't be any pop-ups at all. =\
Vortex wrote on 2014-02-10 14:41:21:
D:

@Vortex, in the case of a particularly nasty one, email us directly. There shouldn't be any pop-ups at all. =\
Hello again @Aequorin, I had another question (and thanks for answering the last one a couple weeks back!). Do you, or anybody else on the Flight Rising staff team, have any suggestions for good websites/books that detail learning to code things like a browser game? I've started learning some basics through online tutorials, but I'd love to be more knowledgeable with it, as I find it to be really fun!
Hello again @Aequorin, I had another question (and thanks for answering the last one a couple weeks back!). Do you, or anybody else on the Flight Rising staff team, have any suggestions for good websites/books that detail learning to code things like a browser game? I've started learning some basics through online tutorials, but I'd love to be more knowledgeable with it, as I find it to be really fun!
stormcatchersiggie_zps77a9946f.png
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 91 92