Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Riot of Rot 2017
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 51 52
Why is this so early? I get that the end of October isn’t a full week but still. I wasn’t expecting to see this yet, I’m very unprepared lol
Why is this so early? I get that the end of October isn’t a full week but still. I wasn’t expecting to see this yet, I’m very unprepared lol
he/him | 20s | gay | artist
K6TNbNL.pnge1TGgTO.pngLrK9u2q.png
I suddenly have the need for a female Tundra. Hm.
I suddenly have the need for a female Tundra. Hm.
vV5jbm.png
@JetScream

I think the way that festivals are positioned is basically, they start on the last week that still starts in the festival month as long as that week has at least four days in the current month. So if the RoR this year had started this coming Sunday rather than today, three of the festival's days would have been in October and four in November. I figure the admins don't mind some overlap between months but they prefer, if they aren't getting a full week, that at least the majority of the festival take place in the 'correct' month. ;)

Hope that makes sense!
@JetScream

I think the way that festivals are positioned is basically, they start on the last week that still starts in the festival month as long as that week has at least four days in the current month. So if the RoR this year had started this coming Sunday rather than today, three of the festival's days would have been in October and four in November. I figure the admins don't mind some overlap between months but they prefer, if they aren't getting a full week, that at least the majority of the festival take place in the 'correct' month. ;)

Hope that makes sense!
UJXttDL.png
Gonna start this post with I'm not picking on any of the art. You all created wonderful fabulous entries and I love them all in their own way. Each is very good and there is no reason for anyone to be upset that they were chosen! Everyone deserved a winning spot witht eir wonderful accents!!

I'm salty at staff, that's it. It seems strange that Imps are yet again over-represented... Don't get me wrong, I love them too, btu they really don't need 4 festival skins. That's nobody's fault either. Just at least let through one WC accent next time? Plague is their second flight and there were some wonderful WC entries.

Also, unpopular opinion: Grave Omen is a very good skin but it feels more Shadow than Plague. I'm a sucker for dark purple/red colors and imps and feathers but it's not very plague'y???

One plus: Oh my god, Bloodstone Summoner. I'm so proud of the staff here alone because that's a lot of red and """blood""" and somehow they accepted it of their on accord. certainly a step up from what the rejection rate of blood usually is!

Last thing on skins: Why the heck as TalaTari not gotten a skin picked yet??? They've been honorable mention for a few months I think, and yet some of their skins are very representative of the theme flight and very good looking? Like, if I wasn't broke, I'd pay for that as a UM.

Okay. Salt over.
... aaaAAAAAAAAAA good apparel!! This month's is amazing. The new Plumage is too. I bought one of those ASAP.
Gonna start this post with I'm not picking on any of the art. You all created wonderful fabulous entries and I love them all in their own way. Each is very good and there is no reason for anyone to be upset that they were chosen! Everyone deserved a winning spot witht eir wonderful accents!!

I'm salty at staff, that's it. It seems strange that Imps are yet again over-represented... Don't get me wrong, I love them too, btu they really don't need 4 festival skins. That's nobody's fault either. Just at least let through one WC accent next time? Plague is their second flight and there were some wonderful WC entries.

Also, unpopular opinion: Grave Omen is a very good skin but it feels more Shadow than Plague. I'm a sucker for dark purple/red colors and imps and feathers but it's not very plague'y???

One plus: Oh my god, Bloodstone Summoner. I'm so proud of the staff here alone because that's a lot of red and """blood""" and somehow they accepted it of their on accord. certainly a step up from what the rejection rate of blood usually is!

Last thing on skins: Why the heck as TalaTari not gotten a skin picked yet??? They've been honorable mention for a few months I think, and yet some of their skins are very representative of the theme flight and very good looking? Like, if I wasn't broke, I'd pay for that as a UM.

Okay. Salt over.
... aaaAAAAAAAAAA good apparel!! This month's is amazing. The new Plumage is too. I bought one of those ASAP.
corrosivedepin.gif

lore shop
clan lore
AIG1rOK.png
@DepinVenom

Thing is bloodstone is an actual stone? So its not really "bloody" per say...its just more of a plaguey type of stone because of the colors involved. (Normally a greenish and the red "blood" inclusions) ...so technically its not gore related at all :p
@DepinVenom

Thing is bloodstone is an actual stone? So its not really "bloody" per say...its just more of a plaguey type of stone because of the colors involved. (Normally a greenish and the red "blood" inclusions) ...so technically its not gore related at all :p
X0JktGl.png
@VermontVampyre
You'd be surprised the things they've tossed out on the premise of "blood" or "suffering". I'm aware it's a real stone, still proud.
@VermontVampyre
You'd be surprised the things they've tossed out on the premise of "blood" or "suffering". I'm aware it's a real stone, still proud.
corrosivedepin.gif

lore shop
clan lore
AIG1rOK.png
[quote name="styracosaurus" date=2017-10-22 14:09:19] Its not about disliking the winning entries, its about being frustrated that other breeds are consistently overlooked in favor of multiple Imp skins almost every single festival. There's no balance. [/quote] ^^^^^ This. I always love seeing the new accents/skins each year and frankly, @ anyone who won: great job, you really did deserve it because I know making a skin/accent can be a real pain in the butt, especially with the skin rules (which I won’t go into). [i]However[/i], from what I’ve seen, we’ve gotten AT LEAST three or more Imp, Skydancer or Pearlcatcher skins in the past festivals. I think it’d be great if we got more Snapper and Spirals. So everyone who has been salty is basically salty at the staff rather than the winners.
styracosaurus wrote on 2017-10-22:
Its not about disliking the winning entries, its about being frustrated that other breeds are consistently overlooked in favor of multiple Imp skins almost every single festival. There's no balance.

^^^^^ This.

I always love seeing the new accents/skins each year and frankly, @ anyone who won: great job, you really did deserve it because I know making a skin/accent can be a real pain in the butt, especially with the skin rules (which I won’t go into).

However, from what I’ve seen, we’ve gotten AT LEAST three or more Imp, Skydancer or Pearlcatcher skins in the past festivals. I think it’d be great if we got more Snapper and Spirals. So everyone who has been salty is basically salty at the staff rather than the winners.
z0d96Tv.png peri, he/him
adult
fr time
quitting/gone
Oh my god look at these amazing red and black apparels. Why do you do this to me all the time? I need, like, 10 of all of them
Oh my god look at these amazing red and black apparels. Why do you do this to me all the time? I need, like, 10 of all of them
tumblr_inline_njviw527Mu1qg2i5p.png
Love the new skins (especially Grave Omen!) and I'm excited about the event! Happy Riot of Rot~
Love the new skins (especially Grave Omen!) and I'm excited about the event! Happy Riot of Rot~
fnwuhKd.pngtn0RSo5.pngmtHAEL4.pngcHa0MYt.pngqCVFNJp.png
Omg I luv the skins! :D
Omg I luv the skins! :D
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 51 52