Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Artist woes
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 28 29
oh I've had ink bottles open and spill all over my bed and carpet and finishing sketchbooks when I'm out isn't fun either.
oh I've had ink bottles open and spill all over my bed and carpet and finishing sketchbooks when I'm out isn't fun either.
gSWTvLZ.pngqojQtmv.png
Drawing crotches is always weird.

When you're only.good at one gender.

When you suck at animals/human or can only draw dragons like me

When sometime you draw something and it's not really BAD, just...eh, so you can't explain or fix it.
Drawing crotches is always weird.

When you're only.good at one gender.

When you suck at animals/human or can only draw dragons like me

When sometime you draw something and it's not really BAD, just...eh, so you can't explain or fix it.
Caught between the mundanely awkward and the existentially impossible.
-Alice Isn't Dead, Part 2, chapter 4, 11:55

mentally reaching for that ctrl z when you're drawing on paper CAN MY PENCIL JUST STOP TWISTING AROUND TO THE SLANTED SIDE SO I CAN WEAR DOWN THE POINTY EDGE [b]THANK YOU.[/b] [img]https://image.prntscr.com/image/Tds0tMcjRq2zpIjhwhdcEA.png[/img] (in other words, your tablet pen not registering slow or small pen movements and thinking you want to right click, so you have to zoom way in) the terror in the one second between finally getting that line SO RIGHT and saving immediately the immense amount of different references required for feathered wings. wing fold, top or bottom of wing, type of bird, searching for the one angle reference... doing a pencil drawing and then looking at it like "well damn i want this exact thing but digital"
mentally reaching for that ctrl z when you're drawing on paper

CAN MY PENCIL JUST STOP TWISTING AROUND TO THE SLANTED SIDE SO I CAN WEAR DOWN THE POINTY EDGE THANK YOU.

Tds0tMcjRq2zpIjhwhdcEA.png
(in other words, your tablet pen not registering slow or small pen movements and thinking you want to right click, so you have to zoom way in)

the terror in the one second between finally getting that line SO RIGHT and saving immediately

the immense amount of different references required for feathered wings. wing fold, top or bottom of wing, type of bird, searching for the one angle reference...

doing a pencil drawing and then looking at it like "well damn i want this exact thing but digital"
FR_Sig_LightningElektra.pngFR_Sig_BlastersBassdrive.pngStormheart.gifFR_Sig_SpaceFractal.pngFR_Sig_G1sSkyfall.png
not having the skills to draw what u wanna draw
havin 0 ideas you can actually execute which you want to draw
havin no motivation in general
hhh
hhh
psst, wanna buy some art? --> digital painting commissions are OPEN!
[quote name="Aarix" date=2017-10-23 05:18:01] not having the skills to draw what u wanna draw havin 0 ideas you can actually execute which you want to draw havin no motivation in general hhh [/quote] these two cannot exist at the same time [LIST] [*] knowing what to draw [*] actually being in the mood to draw [/LIST]
Aarix wrote on 2017-10-23:
hhh
these two cannot exist at the same time
  • knowing what to draw
  • actually being in the mood to draw
blanklol
light_small.png
iQrvnPv.png
absolutely feral on main

he/they
+13 fr time
eGiN2Xv.png thDLJf3.png
- Trying to anatomy

- When you find a lot of other artists that draw better than you.. conflicts between being motivated or demotivated

- Thinking you can actually draw this and actually drawing it
- Trying to anatomy

- When you find a lot of other artists that draw better than you.. conflicts between being motivated or demotivated

- Thinking you can actually draw this and actually drawing it
Anything please ping or PM!
I can relate so much to this thread. Anyways, here's mine's:

-When you're doodling in class and everyone starts asking you questions and begging you to draw them / their pet / whatever.

-Random person 1: Ooooh can I see? *leans on my shoulder and heavy breathes*
Me: O-kay? (Please go, away you're creeping me out)

-Messing up when you're about to finish the drawing.

-Knowing what to draw but staring at the paper wondering how to start.

-Inking a drawing and smudging the ink with your hand.

-Trying perspective and failing every time.

I can relate so much to this thread. Anyways, here's mine's:

-When you're doodling in class and everyone starts asking you questions and begging you to draw them / their pet / whatever.

-Random person 1: Ooooh can I see? *leans on my shoulder and heavy breathes*
Me: O-kay? (Please go, away you're creeping me out)

-Messing up when you're about to finish the drawing.

-Knowing what to draw but staring at the paper wondering how to start.

-Inking a drawing and smudging the ink with your hand.

-Trying perspective and failing every time.

wb_aeth.png
ZbNAjCO.png
hh5n4WA.png
dEe2UrM.png
mjtJ868.png       
LGvol4P.png
AFDqeiv.gif
So I recently moved from pen and paper art to like pen and paper art and digital art on this great site, even if I can only draw with a touch pad

So here are some things I noticed that annoy me:

-That is not the right color wha happened to my color

-Shading?? What

-I DIDN'T DRAW THAT LINE

-how does anatomy work

-perspective? never heard of it

thats all
So I recently moved from pen and paper art to like pen and paper art and digital art on this great site, even if I can only draw with a touch pad

So here are some things I noticed that annoy me:

-That is not the right color wha happened to my color

-Shading?? What

-I DIDN'T DRAW THAT LINE

-how does anatomy work

-perspective? never heard of it

thats all
2Pdf9a6.png bes tw3ffNX.png

beeeees
bee
bees

alexei
she/her/his
i like portal a normal amount
helloo
trying to use a tablet/hotkeys when youre a lefty like [img]https://static.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/13319777_1632969140297143_3913157030584280865_n-57748e4b11aa2__700.jpg[/img]
trying to use a tablet/hotkeys when youre a lefty like

13319777_1632969140297143_3913157030584280865_n-57748e4b11aa2__700.jpg
9o0aDxU.gif
Being left handed in general

And also joining art contests; it's less getting it done for me and more the anticipation and knowing, just knowing, that somebody's gonna enter at the last second with better art that you.
Being left handed in general

And also joining art contests; it's less getting it done for me and more the anticipation and knowing, just knowing, that somebody's gonna enter at the last second with better art that you.
000000000000000dragonsnake.gif
Cis/She/They
rollover at 3:00 AM for me
On mobile often
Mostly inactive

Olifoli.gif
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 28 29