Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | your style of lore?
1 2 3
Mostly chill and happy and a little cartoonishly weird/goofy at times.
Mostly chill and happy and a little cartoonishly weird/goofy at times.
Simultaneously laid back with no real conflicts or negative characters and over dramatic with far too many dragons that have killed before. You’re either a super chill nice person or your super edgey
Simultaneously laid back with no real conflicts or negative characters and over dramatic with far too many dragons that have killed before. You’re either a super chill nice person or your super edgey
IMG_5287.png

They/Them
FR+3
Art
Shop

ACOZFAh.png

mtHAEL4.png

tyEuRXe.png
Some edgy things, some more lighthearted stuff, but as long as it shows off a part of the character's backstory it works for me
Some edgy things, some more lighthearted stuff, but as long as it shows off a part of the character's backstory it works for me
Please ping me when you reply to my
posts or I probably won't see it.
I don't really sub to my topics, so
Unless I specify, ping me
tumblr_nm1sm0uXkM1tfzajgo3_r1_75sq.gif tumblr_n4rnlnlsOx1sl6hkto5_250.gif
Angst. Just... Angst.

In all seriousness though, my lore tends to show how actions always have consequences. The past, present and future of my clan is all tied together, and the smallest mistakes can lead to the biggest problems within the clan.

At least, that's what I try for :p
Angst. Just... Angst.

In all seriousness though, my lore tends to show how actions always have consequences. The past, present and future of my clan is all tied together, and the smallest mistakes can lead to the biggest problems within the clan.

At least, that's what I try for :p
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
No real edge and no real fluff, just a clan of faes livin' in the chill.

Oh, and also, they're in a hivemind and can read one another's minds, nbd. They had to recruit some non-fae friends specifically to prevent anyone with ill intent from hijacking the colony. They worship a pearlcatcher more than their own deity, what's that about? She doesn't even know because they started following her one day and wouldn't stop.
No real edge and no real fluff, just a clan of faes livin' in the chill.

Oh, and also, they're in a hivemind and can read one another's minds, nbd. They had to recruit some non-fae friends specifically to prevent anyone with ill intent from hijacking the colony. They worship a pearlcatcher more than their own deity, what's that about? She doesn't even know because they started following her one day and wouldn't stop.
60Avnmu.png
QgilwX7.png Looking for colors or near miss:
—Mantis/Peacock/Peridot
—Ginger/Auburn/Sanguine
—Cerulean/Teal/Ice
—Periwinkle/Plum/Fuschia
Every piece is exactly the same, just an ordinary Joe Schmoe doing whatever they need to make the world a better place.

Some are better at it than others

(also yes I am sharing links because someone sent me the BEST ART and I'm so happy with it I just)

...it's kind of an ongoing theme that there aren't any evil dragons in the lair, and all the problems they're facing just come from their neighbors trying to do their best.

We've got a Guardian intentionally keeping another one from meeting its Charge
The Chargeless guardian is meanwhile going a little nutters.
Two lovers both sample forbidden treatments to keep the other safe
There's an herbalist supplying one of the two, mostly because he's sick of young'uns dying
The lovers lead what is, essentially, a cult dedicated to hunting down "interlopers," all because the lass mistakes venom-induced hallucinations for prophetic visions.
She gets those visions due to a mistake on the part of the Chargeless guardian's Charge, which is honestly just doing its best.
She subjected herself to it in the first place because she'd seen the sort of devastation war could bring, and was willing to sacrifice herself to stop it.
A similar sentiment causes the clan leader to allow the prophet to hang around, even though she's obviously hunting a clanmate (a cult escapee).
Said clanmate is training the clan to fight, and also instilling a fear of said cult, not realizing the cult wouldn't target Nature dragons--essentially, we're set up for a nasty surprise bloodbath should the cult ever reveal itself....
...which is becoming a real possibility, as the Chargeless Guardian is promoted to head guard, and is swayed by the prophetess (whose venom, originating from his Charge, maintains his sanity)

So on, and so forth. I like to think that my entire clan arc could be collapsed by one nice, long heart-to-heart conversation somewhere along the line. But it won't be. Because I'm an arse.
Every piece is exactly the same, just an ordinary Joe Schmoe doing whatever they need to make the world a better place.

Some are better at it than others

(also yes I am sharing links because someone sent me the BEST ART and I'm so happy with it I just)

...it's kind of an ongoing theme that there aren't any evil dragons in the lair, and all the problems they're facing just come from their neighbors trying to do their best.

We've got a Guardian intentionally keeping another one from meeting its Charge
The Chargeless guardian is meanwhile going a little nutters.
Two lovers both sample forbidden treatments to keep the other safe
There's an herbalist supplying one of the two, mostly because he's sick of young'uns dying
The lovers lead what is, essentially, a cult dedicated to hunting down "interlopers," all because the lass mistakes venom-induced hallucinations for prophetic visions.
She gets those visions due to a mistake on the part of the Chargeless guardian's Charge, which is honestly just doing its best.
She subjected herself to it in the first place because she'd seen the sort of devastation war could bring, and was willing to sacrifice herself to stop it.
A similar sentiment causes the clan leader to allow the prophet to hang around, even though she's obviously hunting a clanmate (a cult escapee).
Said clanmate is training the clan to fight, and also instilling a fear of said cult, not realizing the cult wouldn't target Nature dragons--essentially, we're set up for a nasty surprise bloodbath should the cult ever reveal itself....
...which is becoming a real possibility, as the Chargeless Guardian is promoted to head guard, and is swayed by the prophetess (whose venom, originating from his Charge, maintains his sanity)

So on, and so forth. I like to think that my entire clan arc could be collapsed by one nice, long heart-to-heart conversation somewhere along the line. But it won't be. Because I'm an arse.
cL9yafY.gif
laid-back and nice, but also Extreme Secret Angst also HaveYouSeenChef is there
laid-back and nice, but also Extreme Secret Angst also HaveYouSeenChef is there
ping me to get my attention
trying to be this symbolic, metaphorical giant story arc for solely my progen but just comes off as a confusing mess.
trying to be this symbolic, metaphorical giant story arc for solely my progen but just comes off as a confusing mess.
@nine_more_seasons_ 29165470.png?mtime=WJ_7FAAAVC4.png rnj5WRD.png
I have a little bit of everything in my lore tbh. It depends on what I'm writing about and the type of vibe I'm trying to give off through my words.
I have a little bit of everything in my lore tbh. It depends on what I'm writing about and the type of vibe I'm trying to give off through my words.
XriSV9h.gif
[quote name="Amyatzu" date=2017-10-10 17:21:08] Dark and depressing with a hit of what in the fresh hell is that? [/quote] Me exactly. Just toss in communism, a couple cute pairings, and one random café to lighten things up a bit and you've got a recipe for my lore.
Amyatzu wrote on 2017-10-10:
Dark and depressing with a hit of what in the fresh hell is that?

Me exactly.

Just toss in communism, a couple cute pairings, and one random café to lighten things up a bit and you've got a recipe for my lore.
Yi8U9eL.pngX4Rja7n.pngYi8U9eL.png
8RAJoZx.gif +3 hours FR time
1 2 3