Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | RP Training Grounds (open, all welcome!)
1 2 ... 712 713 714 715 716 ... 2293 2294
@Fusn
The Skydancer sent a sharp, semi-disgusted glance at the hatcling, almost embarrassed to know that they were the same species. Oh, well. They weren't in the same Clan, which was probably all that mattered... He drummed his foretalons on the bark of the tree, which might have been a great oak by its sheer height and size. Certainly nothing like a maple or ash tree. Again, it probably didn't matter, since, where he came from, there was nothing but stick-thin pines that looked half-dead anyways, why was he interested in trees? Insomnia quietly snorted to himself and then turned his head; hatchlings weren't very interesting, especially if they had the actions of a brain-dead dragon. Another good reason he would rather not have hatchlings of his own.

Maybe stupidity was contagious, and that's why he was thinking like this. He glared at the ground far below him, his feathery, wisteria-purple wings swishing like an angry cat's tail might. If only he could be doing something actually productive instead of sitting in a tree, wondering why he was at a gathering of this sort in the first place. What had Zephyr said about it, besides him learning to be less anti-social, exactly? He couldn't quite put his talon on it, but he was pretty sure it had something to do with him accepting her mad diversity theory or something.
@Fusn
The Skydancer sent a sharp, semi-disgusted glance at the hatcling, almost embarrassed to know that they were the same species. Oh, well. They weren't in the same Clan, which was probably all that mattered... He drummed his foretalons on the bark of the tree, which might have been a great oak by its sheer height and size. Certainly nothing like a maple or ash tree. Again, it probably didn't matter, since, where he came from, there was nothing but stick-thin pines that looked half-dead anyways, why was he interested in trees? Insomnia quietly snorted to himself and then turned his head; hatchlings weren't very interesting, especially if they had the actions of a brain-dead dragon. Another good reason he would rather not have hatchlings of his own.

Maybe stupidity was contagious, and that's why he was thinking like this. He glared at the ground far below him, his feathery, wisteria-purple wings swishing like an angry cat's tail might. If only he could be doing something actually productive instead of sitting in a tree, wondering why he was at a gathering of this sort in the first place. What had Zephyr said about it, besides him learning to be less anti-social, exactly? He couldn't quite put his talon on it, but he was pretty sure it had something to do with him accepting her mad diversity theory or something.
umm... bother me i want to talk to people but im shy. i promise im terrible at being mean
ill make this pretty one day. today is not that day
Oro glanced around.
Oro cringed, 'Am I making a fool out of myself?' She thought.
Oro straightened her back out and stood up straight.
The little Skydancer hoped nobody saw her stupidity.
'I'm supposed to be representing my clan.' She thought.
Oro glanced around.
Oro cringed, 'Am I making a fool out of myself?' She thought.
Oro straightened her back out and stood up straight.
The little Skydancer hoped nobody saw her stupidity.
'I'm supposed to be representing my clan.' She thought.
*Drops Opal In*
Yes this dragon is here now.
*Drops Opal In*
Yes this dragon is here now.
//Lol okay

//Lol okay

@Fusn

Insomnia rolled his light-coloured eyes, the only sign he wasn't born and bred in the Clan he was in currently. Of course. Sending a hatchling to a gathering like this. Oh, well. There was a teacher somewhere around here, he was pretty sure. Where, was the actual question. He uncoiled himself from the branch and then swooped lower, although he seemed to refuse to leave the tree, or even give the impression he planned on acting friendly. He'd wait for the gathering to hurry up and finish and then he would go home. Sounded simple enough, as long as no mediocre dragon or, even worse, a hatchling, crawled up and started asking him questions or trying to engage in friendly communication. It wasn't that he thought he was better than everyone else; He just didn't care.

If it weren't for his lavender-like wings, he would have blended perfectly under the foliage of the trees. Alas, he was clearly visible as his bird-esque wings stuck out like a sore talon. Or maybe a swollen one, since sore ones didn't really look any different.. He was thinking too much into the phrase. Why. Insomnia pinned the feathery mass of wing and colour as he loomed, now, on a fork closer to the trunk of the tree than the outer edges. It was also cooler down here, he noticed; If he were to be out in broad daylight he might as well start melting. He was much more used to the comfortable shades of the Driftwood Drag than what could be classified as boiling temperature for him. Good thing this tree existed in this time frame.

// I just wanted to mention that I'm getting Urie Kuki vibes from Insomnia send help //
@Fusn

Insomnia rolled his light-coloured eyes, the only sign he wasn't born and bred in the Clan he was in currently. Of course. Sending a hatchling to a gathering like this. Oh, well. There was a teacher somewhere around here, he was pretty sure. Where, was the actual question. He uncoiled himself from the branch and then swooped lower, although he seemed to refuse to leave the tree, or even give the impression he planned on acting friendly. He'd wait for the gathering to hurry up and finish and then he would go home. Sounded simple enough, as long as no mediocre dragon or, even worse, a hatchling, crawled up and started asking him questions or trying to engage in friendly communication. It wasn't that he thought he was better than everyone else; He just didn't care.

If it weren't for his lavender-like wings, he would have blended perfectly under the foliage of the trees. Alas, he was clearly visible as his bird-esque wings stuck out like a sore talon. Or maybe a swollen one, since sore ones didn't really look any different.. He was thinking too much into the phrase. Why. Insomnia pinned the feathery mass of wing and colour as he loomed, now, on a fork closer to the trunk of the tree than the outer edges. It was also cooler down here, he noticed; If he were to be out in broad daylight he might as well start melting. He was much more used to the comfortable shades of the Driftwood Drag than what could be classified as boiling temperature for him. Good thing this tree existed in this time frame.

// I just wanted to mention that I'm getting Urie Kuki vibes from Insomnia send help //
umm... bother me i want to talk to people but im shy. i promise im terrible at being mean
@inkapede

Oro finally noticed the other Skydancer.
She felt a wave of excitement.
Oro tried to fly over to the other Skydancer.

//Might have to go to bed soon. I have school tomorrow
@inkapede

Oro finally noticed the other Skydancer.
She felt a wave of excitement.
Oro tried to fly over to the other Skydancer.

//Might have to go to bed soon. I have school tomorrow
@Inkapede

Opal sat in a small area and looked around, completely and utterly oblivious as to what was going on at all. She was just a small hatchling with spots all over her body - how was she supposed to know what to do now that she was here?
Hopefully, someone would her eventually if she sat there long enough.
cough cough inkie help me
@Inkapede

Opal sat in a small area and looked around, completely and utterly oblivious as to what was going on at all. She was just a small hatchling with spots all over her body - how was she supposed to know what to do now that she was here?
Hopefully, someone would her eventually if she sat there long enough.
cough cough inkie help me
@Appringle @Fusn

The mid-sized dragon seemed to try and shrink backward into himself with a light hiss of a warning. He for one didn't plan on talking to anyone, let alone a foolish hatchling that dawdled around a feather. He, for one, had spent his hatchling days analyzing the new clan he'd been dropped into. Straight from the Light territory, too; At least he hadn't moved across the entire planet to the Arcane territory. That would have sucked. If there were any Skydancers who could properly sense auras and energies (much like him, but.. He didn't really care to pay attention to the bubbly dragons flitting around), they'd probably think he was pulsing with dark energy. No, he was just really tired and in a very snappish mood. Even if someone would probably say he should stop fussing over fainting familiars, or whatever that rhyme was, he was feeling stubborn.

He spotted another hatchling, a Pearlcatcher female by the looks of it. Insomnia guessed she probably had some silly, unoriginal name like Daisy or Clam. Pearlcatcher, after all.. He took a moment to acknowledge even his personal puns sucked and therein decided he wouldn't get involved in word-play like that. Most of the time, anyways. He hunched his dark-furred shoulders and prayed to Shadowbinder that that hatchling wouldn't be able to fly up to him, or maybe it was a mute, and then briefly considered praying to Lightweaver as well, even if she wasn't his deity anymore. But, nah, one as enough. Focus, Insomnia commanded mentally, focus. The Skydancer hatchling. He had no interest in her, especially not after that childish display she'd pulled earlier.

The male dragon frowned to himself, letting his thoughts wander as he tried to process what the heck was going on, and why it was so important for him to be there. If only Zephyr had just not found out about this thing.. He was pretty sure the gathering, or, at least, the main parts of it, was already over. Couldn't he run away and live like a hooligan for a few hours before rejoining his nameless Clan? Insomnia humoured this thought for a little while, and the image of him acting as a pirate, with a stolen eyepatch and a hook for a foot snuck into his mind; He snorted and internally batted away this nonsense.

Maybe stupidity was actually contagious.
@Appringle @Fusn

The mid-sized dragon seemed to try and shrink backward into himself with a light hiss of a warning. He for one didn't plan on talking to anyone, let alone a foolish hatchling that dawdled around a feather. He, for one, had spent his hatchling days analyzing the new clan he'd been dropped into. Straight from the Light territory, too; At least he hadn't moved across the entire planet to the Arcane territory. That would have sucked. If there were any Skydancers who could properly sense auras and energies (much like him, but.. He didn't really care to pay attention to the bubbly dragons flitting around), they'd probably think he was pulsing with dark energy. No, he was just really tired and in a very snappish mood. Even if someone would probably say he should stop fussing over fainting familiars, or whatever that rhyme was, he was feeling stubborn.

He spotted another hatchling, a Pearlcatcher female by the looks of it. Insomnia guessed she probably had some silly, unoriginal name like Daisy or Clam. Pearlcatcher, after all.. He took a moment to acknowledge even his personal puns sucked and therein decided he wouldn't get involved in word-play like that. Most of the time, anyways. He hunched his dark-furred shoulders and prayed to Shadowbinder that that hatchling wouldn't be able to fly up to him, or maybe it was a mute, and then briefly considered praying to Lightweaver as well, even if she wasn't his deity anymore. But, nah, one as enough. Focus, Insomnia commanded mentally, focus. The Skydancer hatchling. He had no interest in her, especially not after that childish display she'd pulled earlier.

The male dragon frowned to himself, letting his thoughts wander as he tried to process what the heck was going on, and why it was so important for him to be there. If only Zephyr had just not found out about this thing.. He was pretty sure the gathering, or, at least, the main parts of it, was already over. Couldn't he run away and live like a hooligan for a few hours before rejoining his nameless Clan? Insomnia humoured this thought for a little while, and the image of him acting as a pirate, with a stolen eyepatch and a hook for a foot snuck into his mind; He snorted and internally batted away this nonsense.

Maybe stupidity was actually contagious.
@inkapede

Where she was sitting, Opal didn't even really notice the huge dragon in the tree. As a matter of fact, she didn't seem to notice much of anything - her light eyes were slightly glazed over with a thoughtful expression on her face.

She was incredibly lost in thought. After all, what else could she do but think? It wasn't like there was much else to be doing.

Speaking of thought, she happened to be thinking about her tiny, new clan. The oldest one there was Tantin, a red coatl that, personally, freaked Opal out a bit. He was always staring at others with an expression that made one wonder if there was something on their face.
Other than him, there was Sigrun, a serious lady that Opal hated, Leo, who Opal also hated, Morning, who was sort of nice she guessed, and Sangar, who was just about the only dragon she even remotely liked.

Of course, Opal always acted nice towards everyone, but that didn't mean that she liked them - it just meant that she was polite.
@inkapede

Where she was sitting, Opal didn't even really notice the huge dragon in the tree. As a matter of fact, she didn't seem to notice much of anything - her light eyes were slightly glazed over with a thoughtful expression on her face.

She was incredibly lost in thought. After all, what else could she do but think? It wasn't like there was much else to be doing.

Speaking of thought, she happened to be thinking about her tiny, new clan. The oldest one there was Tantin, a red coatl that, personally, freaked Opal out a bit. He was always staring at others with an expression that made one wonder if there was something on their face.
Other than him, there was Sigrun, a serious lady that Opal hated, Leo, who Opal also hated, Morning, who was sort of nice she guessed, and Sangar, who was just about the only dragon she even remotely liked.

Of course, Opal always acted nice towards everyone, but that didn't mean that she liked them - it just meant that she was polite.
-a small twig is snapped and a rustle in the bushes-
For a second, you could've sworn you had seen a small pair of round, blue eyes, but they are gone in a blink.
That's odd....
(Might join in later, sent a lil' scout to search the area~)
(Might hear about HER later~)
-a small twig is snapped and a rustle in the bushes-
For a second, you could've sworn you had seen a small pair of round, blue eyes, but they are gone in a blink.
That's odd....
(Might join in later, sent a lil' scout to search the area~)
(Might hear about HER later~)
ePOliyb.pngH0t7Ypl.png0XHtpWy.pngJ7D1quC.png
1 2 ... 712 713 714 715 716 ... 2293 2294