Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Questions? Concerns? Discuss!
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 91 92
@Kyary
Not to answer for Aequorin, she can correct me if I'm wrong, but usually when someone takes a CM title they go from overseeing a specific area/thing to overseeing ALL THE THINGS. That coupled with her post here listing these flights
Quote:
Forums:

You will find me primarily in Flight Rising Discussion and Help but I will be floating in all forums, keeping an eye out for players in need.

With the addition of Loddie and Ravette, our moderator team now covers:
Fire – Amalythia
Ice – Ravette
Shadow – Lune
Water – Loddie, Ara
Wind – Mayana
makes me think that Arcane may have "lost" a moderator. Though I am guessing admin accounts have access to all flight boards so she could still pop in every now and then. :3
@Kyary
Not to answer for Aequorin, she can correct me if I'm wrong, but usually when someone takes a CM title they go from overseeing a specific area/thing to overseeing ALL THE THINGS. That coupled with her post here listing these flights
Quote:
Forums:

You will find me primarily in Flight Rising Discussion and Help but I will be floating in all forums, keeping an eye out for players in need.

With the addition of Loddie and Ravette, our moderator team now covers:
Fire – Amalythia
Ice – Ravette
Shadow – Lune
Water – Loddie, Ara
Wind – Mayana
makes me think that Arcane may have "lost" a moderator. Though I am guessing admin accounts have access to all flight boards so she could still pop in every now and then. :3
tumblr_inline_ny7iufldYa1qmzhvw_540.png
[quote]Speaking of off-site links, is the fact that it's impossible to link to specific threads from an on-site link a known problem? It leads many people to use tinyurl links which (for some reason) work fine but could lead to people trusting tinyurl links implicitly when they could be used to do harm.[/quote] @Batcrooks, the ampersand issue breaking links is a[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=bug&id=20942&p=mb] known one[/url] and on the list. [quote]Perhaps this isn't exactly game-related, and I'm not sure if anyone's asked, but will you still be active on twitchy? Does Arcane lose a moderator?[/quote] @Kyary, the information @Nerdesq provided you is correct. I am no longer the volunteer moderator for Arcane but as an Admin I can access all Flight Forums if need be. If there is an issue that requires immediate moderator intervention and a Flight doesn't have a moderator able to view the forum, please report it via Report and message me. In the event I am not online at that moment, you can still message any of the moderators and they'll notify the Admin.
Quote:
Speaking of off-site links, is the fact that it's impossible to link to specific threads from an on-site link a known problem? It leads many people to use ******* links which (for some reason) work fine but could lead to people trusting ******* links implicitly when they could be used to do harm.

@Batcrooks, the ampersand issue breaking links is a known one and on the list.
Quote:
Perhaps this isn't exactly game-related, and I'm not sure if anyone's asked, but will you still be active on twitchy? Does Arcane lose a moderator?

@Kyary, the information @Nerdesq provided you is correct. I am no longer the volunteer moderator for Arcane but as an Admin I can access all Flight Forums if need be. If there is an issue that requires immediate moderator intervention and a Flight doesn't have a moderator able to view the forum, please report it via Report and message me. In the event I am not online at that moment, you can still message any of the moderators and they'll notify the Admin.
@Aequorin
Is there any ETA when the Forum Search will be turned on again?
@Aequorin
m5kNycY.pngFMdbyfP.pnge3svukl.pngLSkUnqX.png
[quote name="Takora" date="2014-01-22 11:02:34"] Is there any ETA when the Forum Search will be turned on again?[/quote] @Takora, unfortunately I am unable to provide any ETA's or release schedules. We do want to get this back up and running as soon as possible to ensure players have the best possible playing experience!
Takora wrote on 2014-01-22 11:02:34:

@Takora, unfortunately I am unable to provide any ETA's or release schedules. We do want to get this back up and running as soon as possible to ensure players have the best possible playing experience!
@Aequorin I understand that you can't provide ETAs and that it'll take some time to get things on track in light of recent events, but are you able to provide a rough list of priorities for known issues? For example, if getting battlestones working in the coli is a higher priority than the new-dragon-lair-order-mixing glitch, if releasing new content is a higher priority than existing issues, if the team is focusing on optimizations and other internal-structure things before aesthetic features, etc.

You don't have to give out anything precise or detailed, it'd just be handy to have a rough idea of what to expect!
@Aequorin I understand that you can't provide ETAs and that it'll take some time to get things on track in light of recent events, but are you able to provide a rough list of priorities for known issues? For example, if getting battlestones working in the coli is a higher priority than the new-dragon-lair-order-mixing glitch, if releasing new content is a higher priority than existing issues, if the team is focusing on optimizations and other internal-structure things before aesthetic features, etc.

You don't have to give out anything precise or detailed, it'd just be handy to have a rough idea of what to expect!
tumblr_inline_nivxf8CWLK1rwdj8f.giftumblr_inline_nivvkfCrBM1rwdj8f.giftumblr_inline_nivvkp0yfH1rwdj8f.gif
I... just noticed this was here. Man I suck.

Firstly, thank you for setting this up and handling everything so diligently and politely. :3 The site may have issues, but it's still incredibly young, and it's awesome to see everyone working so hard to make the customer experience a great one.

For my question: I read the TOS and am not sure if this falls under item lending, but will there ever be a safe way for users to make gems-to-treasure or vice versa transactions, such as in the crossroads? It seems to me almost like making a sale, since the people involved are not borrowing treasure or gems, but buying/selling them. A crossroads transaction, I think, would also allow gem-to-treasure currency ratios to fluctuate normally as they have since the site opened.

Just curious! Thank you again for doing this and congrats on your new admin position!
I... just noticed this was here. Man I suck.

Firstly, thank you for setting this up and handling everything so diligently and politely. :3 The site may have issues, but it's still incredibly young, and it's awesome to see everyone working so hard to make the customer experience a great one.

For my question: I read the TOS and am not sure if this falls under item lending, but will there ever be a safe way for users to make gems-to-treasure or vice versa transactions, such as in the crossroads? It seems to me almost like making a sale, since the people involved are not borrowing treasure or gems, but buying/selling them. A crossroads transaction, I think, would also allow gem-to-treasure currency ratios to fluctuate normally as they have since the site opened.

Just curious! Thank you again for doing this and congrats on your new admin position!
Quote:
I understand that you can't provide ETAs and that it'll take some time to get things on track in light of recent events, but are you able to provide a rough list of priorities for known issues? For example, if getting battlestones working in the coli is a higher priority than the new-dragon-lair-order-mixing glitch, if releasing new content is a higher priority than existing issues, if the team is focusing on optimizations and other internal-structure things before aesthetic features, etc.

@Snapdragon, new content such as apparel, breeds, familiars, etc are mostly entirely handled by the artists, not the coders.

I cannot give you an exact list, but in general, bugs that heavily impact gameplay (such as the infamous Familiar bug) are given higher priority over something like the Lair arrangements issue, even though that one is particularly vexing.

edit: Thank you and you're welcome! ♥
Quote:
I understand that you can't provide ETAs and that it'll take some time to get things on track in light of recent events, but are you able to provide a rough list of priorities for known issues? For example, if getting battlestones working in the coli is a higher priority than the new-dragon-lair-order-mixing glitch, if releasing new content is a higher priority than existing issues, if the team is focusing on optimizations and other internal-structure things before aesthetic features, etc.

@Snapdragon, new content such as apparel, breeds, familiars, etc are mostly entirely handled by the artists, not the coders.

I cannot give you an exact list, but in general, bugs that heavily impact gameplay (such as the infamous Familiar bug) are given higher priority over something like the Lair arrangements issue, even though that one is particularly vexing.

edit: Thank you and you're welcome! ♥
[quote]For my question: I read the TOS and am not sure if this falls under item lending, but will there ever be a safe way for users to make gems-to-treasure or vice versa transactions, such as in the crossroads? It seems to me almost like making a sale, since the people involved are not borrowing treasure or gems, but buying/selling them. A crossroads transaction, I think, would also allow gem-to-treasure currency ratios to fluctuate normally as they have since the site opened.[/quote] @Pained, we are currently looking into secure item trading; that said, I have made note that the community would like a secure method for treasure/gem exchanges.
Quote:

@Pained, we are currently looking into secure item trading; that said, I have made note that the community would like a secure method for treasure/gem exchanges.
Awesome! Thank you so much for replying! :3
Awesome! Thank you so much for replying! :3
I read your post about Undell discussing coli/faire on tumblr. He talks about trend micro and work/school connections. Do they think what they are working on will help those of us who have no access but do not have any of the mentioned things?
I read your post about Undell discussing coli/faire on tumblr. He talks about trend micro and work/school connections. Do they think what they are working on will help those of us who have no access but do not have any of the mentioned things?
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 91 92