Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Questions? Concerns? Discuss!
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 91 92
Hello Aequorin! Sometimes posts in the forums are cut off or partially eaten up (I think this may be the fault of some emoticons or less than three signs; I'm not sure which!) ! I was wondering if there's a solution being worked on in regards to that?
Hello Aequorin! Sometimes posts in the forums are cut off or partially eaten up (I think this may be the fault of some emoticons or less than three signs; I'm not sure which!) ! I was wondering if there's a solution being worked on in regards to that?
tumblr_naslw1ZHkH1seaeblo3_r3_400.png
@DynamiteRave
When FR was launched registration was meant to be open forever. Server/site issues got in the way though. They have mentioned that going back to the forever open registration is what they want as soon as they feel the site can handle it.
@DynamiteRave
When FR was launched registration was meant to be open forever. Server/site issues got in the way though. They have mentioned that going back to the forever open registration is what they want as soon as they feel the site can handle it.
tumblr_inline_ny7iufldYa1qmzhvw_540.png
[quote]I was just wondering, is it FR's intention to eventually open up the site to new users permanently, or does the business plan have the registration window model lasting indefinitely?[/quote] @DynamiteRave, that is our long-term goal, permanent open registration! [quote]Sometimes posts in the forums are cut off or partially eaten up (I think this may be the fault of some emoticons or less than three signs; I'm not sure which!) ! I was wondering if there's a solution being worked on in regards to that?[/quote] @melcantus, unfortunately that question falls under "release schedule" types. I can tell you we are aware of it, it's on the list, but the events of January have caused delays. I apologize, I know it's a terribly frustrating bug.
Quote:
I was just wondering, is it FR's intention to eventually open up the site to new users permanently, or does the business plan have the registration window model lasting indefinitely?

@DynamiteRave, that is our long-term goal, permanent open registration!

Quote:
Sometimes posts in the forums are cut off or partially eaten up (I think this may be the fault of some emoticons or less than three signs; I'm not sure which!) ! I was wondering if there's a solution being worked on in regards to that?

@melcantus, unfortunately that question falls under "release schedule" types. I can tell you we are aware of it, it's on the list, but the events of January have caused delays. I apologize, I know it's a terribly frustrating bug.
Is there a reason that things get implemented on the website before they are officially announced?

Most websites announce something new and then implement the new things afterwards. Here, things get added and sometimes are available for hours prior to announcement. Is it something with coding?

Examples being the Bandanna, when it was released my husband found one 4 hours prior to them being announced officially. The new Hippogriff was also released in the Marketplace and put in the Bestiary for at least an hour before the announcement.

I'm just curious why it's done this way :)
Is there a reason that things get implemented on the website before they are officially announced?

Most websites announce something new and then implement the new things afterwards. Here, things get added and sometimes are available for hours prior to announcement. Is it something with coding?

Examples being the Bandanna, when it was released my husband found one 4 hours prior to them being announced officially. The new Hippogriff was also released in the Marketplace and put in the Bestiary for at least an hour before the announcement.

I'm just curious why it's done this way :)
1kz7OWt.png
@Weiss
Here you go! A transcript of the Questions that got answers from the FR Reddit Q&A!
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=frd&id=1028549&page=1&anchor=
@Weiss
Here you go! A transcript of the Questions that got answers from the FR Reddit Q&A!
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=frd&id=1028549&page=1&anchor=
tumblr_inline_ny7iufldYa1qmzhvw_540.png
[quote]Is there a reason that things get implemented on the website before they are officially announced?[/quote] @Dragoness, we want to have these items ready for you before announcing them. Releasing an item/familiar/apparel/etc in-game before announcing it is preferable to announcing it and making players wait for the release. The Flight Rising team is small and have day jobs; announcing and releasing updates is a coordinated effort around these schedules. edit: to clarify, I am referring solely to items like the ones you described, items dropping in the Coliseum or showing up in the marketplace pre-announcement.
Quote:

@Dragoness, we want to have these items ready for you before announcing them. Releasing an item/familiar/apparel/etc in-game before announcing it is preferable to announcing it and making players wait for the release.

The Flight Rising team is small and have day jobs; announcing and releasing updates is a coordinated effort around these schedules.

edit: to clarify, I am referring solely to items like the ones you described, items dropping in the Coliseum or showing up in the marketplace pre-announcement.
Understandable, I was just curious, that's all ^^ Thank you for the answer!
Understandable, I was just curious, that's all ^^ Thank you for the answer!
1kz7OWt.png
@NerdEsq & Aequorin, thank you for the answers! As an October joiner, I never knew that open registration was the initial goal! Much appreciated!
@NerdEsq & Aequorin, thank you for the answers! As an October joiner, I never knew that open registration was the initial goal! Much appreciated!
Okay, here's one. I get the impression from a lot of the features that we do and don't have (dominance being a thing, flight forums, trading being unsupported, some of the wordings in the encyclopedia, the messenger dragons' canon, etc) that the original vision of FR was for it to be a much more competitive game than it actually is in practice, both between individuals and between flights. Is that impression correct? What can we expect in this regard going forward, in terms of the overall feel of the game?
Okay, here's one. I get the impression from a lot of the features that we do and don't have (dominance being a thing, flight forums, trading being unsupported, some of the wordings in the encyclopedia, the messenger dragons' canon, etc) that the original vision of FR was for it to be a much more competitive game than it actually is in practice, both between individuals and between flights. Is that impression correct? What can we expect in this regard going forward, in terms of the overall feel of the game?
We're made of rock, but we're the biggest softies of all. XIvT0rs.png
Forgive me for asking once more. I didn't see an answer so I thought I might as well just peek in again to be sure. I won't ask the other part though, seeing as I can live without that.

Is there any possible way we can get the 'A what NOT to Suggest' thread stickied? It is 'complete' with screenies of the FR team's answers to Lending, Eyecolor changes and other often suggested things that have already been turned down by the team itself.

If we could get it stickied, it could (hopefully) cut down on the amount of flame wars we get on some of these suggestions that tend to grow to the point of an Admin having to shut down the board.

Thank you for your time!
Forgive me for asking once more. I didn't see an answer so I thought I might as well just peek in again to be sure. I won't ask the other part though, seeing as I can live without that.

Is there any possible way we can get the 'A what NOT to Suggest' thread stickied? It is 'complete' with screenies of the FR team's answers to Lending, Eyecolor changes and other often suggested things that have already been turned down by the team itself.

If we could get it stickied, it could (hopefully) cut down on the amount of flame wars we get on some of these suggestions that tend to grow to the point of an Admin having to shut down the board.

Thank you for your time!
TOW2n3q.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 91 92