Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Massive Memory Leak with Tidal Trouble
So, I tried playing the Tidal Trouble minigame a few times now and I always notice Firefox haning up or stuttering shortly after starting it, so today I checked in the task manager, this is what came out:

http://imgur.com/a/xMrJq

At that time I only had a few other tabs open, nothing out of the ordinary, a youtube vid and some wikipedia pages, definetely nothing that would explain so much RAM being used.
So, I tried playing the Tidal Trouble minigame a few times now and I always notice Firefox haning up or stuttering shortly after starting it, so today I checked in the task manager, this is what came out:

http://imgur.com/a/xMrJq

At that time I only had a few other tabs open, nothing out of the ordinary, a youtube vid and some wikipedia pages, definetely nothing that would explain so much RAM being used.
@Sergey Can you see if the problem is recplicable:

-in another browser
and
-with absolutely no other tabs open?
@Sergey Can you see if the problem is recplicable:

-in another browser
and
-with absolutely no other tabs open?
It's a Firefox issue it seems

Internet Explorer with no tabs open: Around 200MB RAM after 10 minutes of playing

Firefox with no other tabs: 1GB nealry instantly and from there on an additional 100MB every refresh tick in the Task Manager, I closed the game after I had gotten to 5GB
It's a Firefox issue it seems

Internet Explorer with no tabs open: Around 200MB RAM after 10 minutes of playing

Firefox with no other tabs: 1GB nealry instantly and from there on an additional 100MB every refresh tick in the Task Manager, I closed the game after I had gotten to 5GB
Yes, FF has not been getting better with recent updates :(
Yes, FF has not been getting better with recent updates :(
rJWIOZM.pngs8WoqhB.pngtDeKDnH.pngrats_badge.png[url][/url]a714f2ca8457a983cc2010ae692f56d4-da33ieq.pngb2880355ddf0aa894dcb44a252fda40339df0df0.png
I can confirm this as well.

Using Firefox 55.0.2 (windows 10), tested with chrome, everything's normal over there.
This will happily eat up all 16 GB of RAM.
(Just give it at least 10 minutes sitting on tidal trouble. I find having it sit idle works the best to replicate this.)

Removing the offending tidal trouble tab frees up the RAM.
I can confirm this as well.

Using Firefox 55.0.2 (windows 10), tested with chrome, everything's normal over there.
This will happily eat up all 16 GB of RAM.
(Just give it at least 10 minutes sitting on tidal trouble. I find having it sit idle works the best to replicate this.)

Removing the offending tidal trouble tab frees up the RAM.
lqcMCuq.png