Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Cut skin/accent makers slack.
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 81 82
I still support this.

I said it once, and I'll say it again; just because a dragon has some blood does not mean they are suffering. I mean, the dragon is definitely suffering if they have gaping wounds with blood spilling out all over the dragon. That would be really gross and I'd rather not see this. However, there's a difference between gaping wounds and small, minor cuts with small bits of blood. My dog has made me bleed before because she's really excitable. Does it hurt? Yes. Is it actual suffering? No. When I trip on the road and get scraped, it's not suffering, it's just a minor wound that won't even hurt after an hour.

There's a line between suffering and bleeding. I really don't want to see suffering dragons. But a dragon with a minor cut is not suffering.

And also, the whole plague accent thing is also really irritating. This happened a while ago but I'm still a little mad about it. And I'm not even in the plague flight.
Quote:
As an additional note since zombie dragons are a favorite of RoR entrants; actively bleeding or open wounds that appear to be inflicting suffering/torture upon a living creature are not okay, but zombie dragons are! Please consider making your "blood" black or green to help further indicate a decaying creature, or opt for designs that celebrate the survivalist, disease, scavenging, or regional aspects of the flight.

Plague is a flight about survivors. Zombies are dead, therefore, they are not survivors. Because they died. Sometimes you need to have blood, pus, etc. for these kinds of things. Sorry, but zombies really don't cut it for Riot of Rot. It actually doesn't fit plague. Blood and pus indicate that the dragon is surviving, even if they're injured or sick.

Even semi-realistic gore works. (Though please don't have that super realistic, bloody, and gross stuff...) This site is for people who are 13 years or older. If someone lies about their age to play the game, that's their own fault. They're not supposed to be here.\
I still support this.

I said it once, and I'll say it again; just because a dragon has some blood does not mean they are suffering. I mean, the dragon is definitely suffering if they have gaping wounds with blood spilling out all over the dragon. That would be really gross and I'd rather not see this. However, there's a difference between gaping wounds and small, minor cuts with small bits of blood. My dog has made me bleed before because she's really excitable. Does it hurt? Yes. Is it actual suffering? No. When I trip on the road and get scraped, it's not suffering, it's just a minor wound that won't even hurt after an hour.

There's a line between suffering and bleeding. I really don't want to see suffering dragons. But a dragon with a minor cut is not suffering.

And also, the whole plague accent thing is also really irritating. This happened a while ago but I'm still a little mad about it. And I'm not even in the plague flight.
Quote:
As an additional note since zombie dragons are a favorite of RoR entrants; actively bleeding or open wounds that appear to be inflicting suffering/torture upon a living creature are not okay, but zombie dragons are! Please consider making your "blood" black or green to help further indicate a decaying creature, or opt for designs that celebrate the survivalist, disease, scavenging, or regional aspects of the flight.

Plague is a flight about survivors. Zombies are dead, therefore, they are not survivors. Because they died. Sometimes you need to have blood, pus, etc. for these kinds of things. Sorry, but zombies really don't cut it for Riot of Rot. It actually doesn't fit plague. Blood and pus indicate that the dragon is surviving, even if they're injured or sick.

Even semi-realistic gore works. (Though please don't have that super realistic, bloody, and gross stuff...) This site is for people who are 13 years or older. If someone lies about their age to play the game, that's their own fault. They're not supposed to be here.\
[quote name="@ToonKuriboh" date=2017-07-05 15:25:46] And also, the whole plague accent thing is also really irritating. This happened a while ago but I'm still a little mad about it. And I'm not even in the plague flight. Quote: As an additional note since zombie dragons are a favorite of RoR entrants; actively bleeding or open wounds that appear to be inflicting suffering/torture upon a living creature are not okay, but zombie dragons are! Please consider making your "blood" black or green to help further indicate a decaying creature, or opt for designs that celebrate the survivalist, disease, scavenging, or regional aspects of the flight. Plague is a flight about survivors. Zombies are dead, therefore, they are not survivors. Because they died. Sometimes you need to have blood, pus, etc. for these kinds of things. Sorry, but zombies really don't cut it for Riot of Rot. It actually doesn't fit plague. Blood and pus indicate that the dragon is surviving, even if they're injured or sick. [/quote] The staff themselves have said that Plaguebringer, the Dragon Goddess of the Plague Flight herself, does not like zombies. Here's a quote from Undel, made back when the Emperor lore was first revealed. [quote name="Undel" date=2014-07-03 05:21:03] Plaguebringer would not be a fan of emperors most likely. Plague's whole idea is the triumph through survival of the fittest. Emperors are not alive, have not survived, and cannot evolve. [/quote] Despite this, in the announcement for last year's Riot of Rot, the same people who run this site also promoted the idea of zombie dragons for Plague Flight. [quote name="2016 RoR Contest Submission Thread"]Actively bleeding or open wounds that appear to be inflicting suffering/torture upon a living creature are not okay, but zombie dragons are! Please consider making your "blood" black or green to help further indicate a decaying creature.[/quote] As a bare minimum, I would love to see the staff be upfront and crystal clear whenever they decide to commit to a certain direction for the website. Please, no more of this wishy-washy flip-flopping on how things are to be done. Give us rules and guidelines that are [i][b]OBJECTIVE[/b][/i], measurable, tangible. Not subjective, and vague. If you need to zoom in to 1000% and maybe use a color picker to realize there's some stray pixels on an accent submission, and they are (GASP!) red in color, that.... To put it bluntly, that seems like an [i]absurdly stupid[/i] reason to reject a submission.
@ToonKuriboh wrote on 2017-07-05:

Quote:

The staff themselves have said that Plaguebringer, the Dragon Goddess of the Plague Flight herself, does not like zombies. Here's a quote from Undel, made back when the Emperor lore was first revealed.
Undel wrote on 2014-07-03:
Plaguebringer would not be a fan of emperors most likely. Plague's whole idea is the triumph through survival of the fittest. Emperors are not alive, have not survived, and cannot evolve.

Despite this, in the announcement for last year's Riot of Rot, the same people who run this site also promoted the idea of zombie dragons for Plague Flight.
2016 RoR Contest Submission Thread wrote:
Actively bleeding or open wounds that appear to be inflicting suffering/torture upon a living creature are not okay, but zombie dragons are! Please consider making your "blood" black or green to help further indicate a decaying creature.

As a bare minimum, I would love to see the staff be upfront and crystal clear whenever they decide to commit to a certain direction for the website. Please, no more of this wishy-washy flip-flopping on how things are to be done. Give us rules and guidelines that are OBJECTIVE, measurable, tangible. Not subjective, and vague. If you need to zoom in to 1000% and maybe use a color picker to realize there's some stray pixels on an accent submission, and they are (GASP!) red in color, that.... To put it bluntly, that seems like an absurdly stupid reason to reject a submission.
~There is no such thing as sanity. Everyone is insane. The true question is, how insane are you, relative to everyone else?~
I am an animal rights advocate and even I can say that there's a huge difference between actual animal harm and depictions. Because they are not real I say they not be so strongly restricted
I am an animal rights advocate and even I can say that there's a huge difference between actual animal harm and depictions. Because they are not real I say they not be so strongly restricted
tumblr_oofbfjTLQh1v3aphzo1_r2_100.gif7GZL67L.png74564023p.png70421400p.png6bg3tVz.pngtumblr_oofbfjTLQh1v3aphzo1_r2_100.gif
Support. How is gore banned when there's bloody bandages as apparel.
Support. How is gore banned when there's bloody bandages as apparel.
Accent Shop

Doodle Shop
soudasig_by_eggdis-dbau8f2.png
This is my first time logging on in a year. I've been listening to a friend rant about this for the past hour, and I honestly kind of agree. It's not just the flight thing, it's not just the vague rules, and it's not just the contradictions. It's the fact that this is so unorganized. It's a bunch of individuals with possibly different views and judging subjective subjects differently. Some skins that were more extreme were submitted and made it through while tamer ones didn't. If there was a dedicated team or one person in charge, this wouldn't be as big of an issue as it is. The system is vague, flawed, and proven somewhere in this thread, actually ignores creators. Why do I care? Because I'm a creator too. It's frustrating to have something you worked on for a long time not make it in. It's rubbing salt in the wound when something that includes content that your own creation contains makes it through. That's also time that they can't get back. Part of their lives, their precious time that's worth more than any currency. All because of a varying and vague system.
This is my first time logging on in a year. I've been listening to a friend rant about this for the past hour, and I honestly kind of agree. It's not just the flight thing, it's not just the vague rules, and it's not just the contradictions. It's the fact that this is so unorganized. It's a bunch of individuals with possibly different views and judging subjective subjects differently. Some skins that were more extreme were submitted and made it through while tamer ones didn't. If there was a dedicated team or one person in charge, this wouldn't be as big of an issue as it is. The system is vague, flawed, and proven somewhere in this thread, actually ignores creators. Why do I care? Because I'm a creator too. It's frustrating to have something you worked on for a long time not make it in. It's rubbing salt in the wound when something that includes content that your own creation contains makes it through. That's also time that they can't get back. Part of their lives, their precious time that's worth more than any currency. All because of a varying and vague system.
k6BP7B9.jpg
Gonna give this a bump to mention that this is still an issue :c
Another person was recently denied because of small scars. Healed scars at that. They weren't red or dripping. They were pink and fleshy as if they have been healed for a long time.
This is ridiculous.
Another person was recently denied because of small scars. Healed scars at that. They weren't red or dripping. They were pink and fleshy as if they have been healed for a long time.
This is ridiculous.
TOW2n3q.png
[quote name="Bowno" date=2017-07-13 13:45:14] Another person was recently denied because of small scars. Healed scars at that. They weren't red or dripping. They were pink and fleshy as if they have been healed for a long time. [/quote] Seriously? What's next, they going to ban bandages and mummy dragons because "bandages imply a wound underneath"? Removing the colors Blood and Sanguine from the color wheel? Abolishing the Bloody Bandages apparel? Upgrading past Riot of Rot skins to look like they belong in My Little Pony? Turning Plague flight into the Rainbow Happy Fun flight?? I know I might sound crazy, but this thread has existed for almost two years and the problem has been slowly but steadily worsening since the site's creation. With no apparent attempt by the staff to even [i]TRY [/i]and allay the growing concerns of players. If they won't try to talk with us, how do we know where this will end? Does the staff need to hire a dedicated Public Relations person? I honestly don't think it could hurt, if the silence is due to everyone being too busy doing other work. Staff. Please. Get your standards straight and make sure you all know them. Then communicate those standards to your playerbase. I think I speak for the majority when I say we are [i]HAPPY [/i]to follow your rules... But we cannot do so if [i]we [b]DON'T KNOW WHAT THOSE RULES ARE![/b][/i] Evaluations for user-submitted content needs to be [i]OBJECTIVE [/i]and [i]without bias[/i], not subjective and wildly varying depending on which staff member got stuck with Skin/Accent duty today.
Bowno wrote on 2017-07-13:
Seriously? What's next, they going to ban bandages and mummy dragons because "bandages imply a wound underneath"?
Removing the colors Blood and Sanguine from the color wheel?
Abolishing the Bloody Bandages apparel?
Upgrading past Riot of Rot skins to look like they belong in My Little Pony?
Turning Plague flight into the Rainbow Happy Fun flight??
I know I might sound crazy, but this thread has existed for almost two years and the problem has been slowly but steadily worsening since the site's creation. With no apparent attempt by the staff to even TRY and allay the growing concerns of players. If they won't try to talk with us, how do we know where this will end?
Does the staff need to hire a dedicated Public Relations person? I honestly don't think it could hurt, if the silence is due to everyone being too busy doing other work.

Staff. Please. Get your standards straight and make sure you all know them. Then communicate those standards to your playerbase. I think I speak for the majority when I say we are HAPPY to follow your rules... But we cannot do so if we DON'T KNOW WHAT THOSE RULES ARE! Evaluations for user-submitted content needs to be OBJECTIVE and without bias, not subjective and wildly varying depending on which staff member got stuck with Skin/Accent duty today.
~There is no such thing as sanity. Everyone is insane. The true question is, how insane are you, relative to everyone else?~
[quote name="Bowno" date=2017-07-13 13:45:14] Gonna give this a bump to mention that this is still an issue :c Another person was recently denied because of small scars. Healed scars at that. They weren't red or dripping. They were pink and fleshy as if they have been healed for a long time. This is ridiculous. [/quote] Arghh yes, I saw this, [b]we literally have scar apparel[/b], yet a dragon with scars on their hands is a no-no? Everyone on this site should be over 13, and should be able to handle things like healed scars, scratches, etc, and even if they can't nobody is forcing them to look at it. I understand we have to draw the line somewhere, such as clear references to self harm, or a dragon with its guts coming out, but it seems like staff could looses the reins? I wish the staff would give us some clarity on the issue, or give us some clearly defined boundaries for this kind of thing.
Bowno wrote on 2017-07-13:
This is ridiculous.

Arghh yes, I saw this, we literally have scar apparel, yet a dragon with scars on their hands is a no-no? Everyone on this site should be over 13, and should be able to handle things like healed scars, scratches, etc, and even if they can't nobody is forcing them to look at it. I understand we have to draw the line somewhere, such as clear references to self harm, or a dragon with its guts coming out, but it seems like staff could looses the reins? I wish the staff would give us some clarity on the issue, or give us some clearly defined boundaries for this kind of thing.
BhWDcLm.png
Support.

And agree with the fact that if you wanted a site with no blood and gore probably shouldn't have made a flight centered on death. It's kinda sad to see how many plague themed skins/accents get rejected because they are good and realistic.
If a user doesn't want to see any blood they probably shouldn't be playing a T rated site.

While we are at it how about the admins change the scratch, shred, and eliminate then, hmm?
"It's red! it's blood! it's harming the familiars! omg, that's animal abuse!"
Catch my drift yet?
Support.

And agree with the fact that if you wanted a site with no blood and gore probably shouldn't have made a flight centered on death. It's kinda sad to see how many plague themed skins/accents get rejected because they are good and realistic.
If a user doesn't want to see any blood they probably shouldn't be playing a T rated site.

While we are at it how about the admins change the scratch, shred, and eliminate then, hmm?
"It's red! it's blood! it's harming the familiars! omg, that's animal abuse!"
Catch my drift yet?
webp_net_gifmaker_by_kaykitty1405-dbgl2j1.gif
Support???

Like?? Devs, ya'll made plague. Ya'll signed up for this. Come on.

I've seen accents rejected for being red and I ??just??
Like, look at that female Spiral! Look at its wide, happy eyes and smile! That thing may be ""bleeding"" but it sure ain't in pain. If it was in pain, the artist would have depicted a different expression. Like come on. Same thing with female Imperials! They look so happy, what gave you the notion they were suffering?
Support???

Like?? Devs, ya'll made plague. Ya'll signed up for this. Come on.

I've seen accents rejected for being red and I ??just??
Like, look at that female Spiral! Look at its wide, happy eyes and smile! That thing may be ""bleeding"" but it sure ain't in pain. If it was in pain, the artist would have depicted a different expression. Like come on. Same thing with female Imperials! They look so happy, what gave you the notion they were suffering?
corrosivedepin.gif

lore shop
clan lore
AIG1rOK.png
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 81 82