Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What movies take all your feels?
1 2 3 4 5 6
[quote name="HandShoes" date="2013-12-12 08:00:48"]The only movie that has made me cry was Castaway when he lost Wilson in the ocean :'( I saw that movie once when I was a kid and haven't watched it since. I'm too afraid to drown in feels.[/quote] It's amazing how much you can feel for a volleyball. That scene destroyed me as a kid.
HandShoes wrote on 2013-12-12 08:00:48:
The only movie that has made me cry was Castaway when he lost Wilson in the ocean :'( I saw that movie once when I was a kid and haven't watched it since. I'm too afraid to drown in feels.

It's amazing how much you can feel for a volleyball. That scene destroyed me as a kid.
@SpiritOfSakura Production for the movie is slated to begin in October 2014 for a Summer 2016 release, on August 22, 2013 it was revealed that the title of the fifth film would be "Dead Men Tell No Tales". It was originally meant to be released on July 10th,2015. However on September 10, 2013, Disney pushed the release date back, and there are sources indicating of it's Summer 2016 release.

I saw this one cover- that I cannot for the life of me locate anymore. Might be fan made but I'm not sure, looked too good to be fan made unless they were pros. Either way I saw the black pearl in the distance with Jack's hat in the water. Now. Considering previous movie posters/covers, you just don't see that, unless it's presumably bad news, and considering the title, I wouldn't be too surprised if our favourite captain didn't live through it. For good.

Which makes me upset as heck and if my presumptions are right god knows I'll be crying.

( Though I believe there's been some speculation of a sixth so I may be wrong. I kinda doubt it though. )
@SpiritOfSakura Production for the movie is slated to begin in October 2014 for a Summer 2016 release, on August 22, 2013 it was revealed that the title of the fifth film would be "Dead Men Tell No Tales". It was originally meant to be released on July 10th,2015. However on September 10, 2013, Disney pushed the release date back, and there are sources indicating of it's Summer 2016 release.

I saw this one cover- that I cannot for the life of me locate anymore. Might be fan made but I'm not sure, looked too good to be fan made unless they were pros. Either way I saw the black pearl in the distance with Jack's hat in the water. Now. Considering previous movie posters/covers, you just don't see that, unless it's presumably bad news, and considering the title, I wouldn't be too surprised if our favourite captain didn't live through it. For good.

Which makes me upset as heck and if my presumptions are right god knows I'll be crying.

( Though I believe there's been some speculation of a sixth so I may be wrong. I kinda doubt it though. )
Please ping me for replies!
They/Them pronouns
Disney movies sometimes make me cry, although I cried a little bit when Rue died in the Hunger Games :^(
Also a key factor for me crying in any movie would have to be background music. Anything that sounds as sad as this could possibly make me cry
Disney movies sometimes make me cry, although I cried a little bit when Rue died in the Hunger Games :^(
Also a key factor for me crying in any movie would have to be background music. Anything that sounds as sad as this could possibly make me cry
eG6Zatg.png
So much feels in Disney films; Fox and the Hound, Bambi, Lilo and Stitch have always been my worst ones for tearing up xD

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Forrest Gump, so many sad parts in that film that get me going everytime D;
So much feels in Disney films; Fox and the Hound, Bambi, Lilo and Stitch have always been my worst ones for tearing up xD

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Forrest Gump, so many sad parts in that film that get me going everytime D;
Marley and Me
Les Miserables

And there are probably more, but those are the only ones I can think of atm...
*cries in corner*
Marley and Me
Les Miserables

And there are probably more, but those are the only ones I can think of atm...
*cries in corner*
Untitled_Artwork.png
Part 2 of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows tends to always get me. Toy Story 3's ending makes me tear up too. I always cry when it comes to series that were part of my childhood.
Part 2 of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows tends to always get me. Toy Story 3's ending makes me tear up too. I always cry when it comes to series that were part of my childhood.
tumblr_nm1t6r4Sr81tfzajgo1_75sq.gif
tumblr_lsu114x0gi1qcfn0j.gif
@evilscience I agree with you about Grave of the Fireflies being a very good movie. It's also one of the most devastating things I've ever watched. Actually, no. When the Wind Blows (British animated movie) is just as disturbing.
If anyone's curious about more D: Japanese anti-war anime, I'd recommend Ushiro no Shoumen Daare and Hadashi no Gen. The latter is more cartoony, but is based on a real story of the bombing of Hiroshima from a little boy's viewpoint.

@Bunshee I had a lot of feelings about Mamoru Hosoda's (the guy who made Wolf Children) earlier movie The Girl Who Leapt Through Time/Toki wo Kakeru Shojo. It starts out as a comedy, but ends up as a very feels-inducing movie about valuing the time you've been given.

Makoto Shinkai's work is also rather affecting, mostly 5 Centimeters per Second, Voices of a Distant Star and, my favourite, Beyond the Clouds, The Promised Place In Our Early Days.

I've never felt much about Disney movies. /hides
@evilscience I agree with you about Grave of the Fireflies being a very good movie. It's also one of the most devastating things I've ever watched. Actually, no. When the Wind Blows (British animated movie) is just as disturbing.
If anyone's curious about more D: Japanese anti-war anime, I'd recommend Ushiro no Shoumen Daare and Hadashi no Gen. The latter is more cartoony, but is based on a real story of the bombing of Hiroshima from a little boy's viewpoint.

@Bunshee I had a lot of feelings about Mamoru Hosoda's (the guy who made Wolf Children) earlier movie The Girl Who Leapt Through Time/Toki wo Kakeru Shojo. It starts out as a comedy, but ends up as a very feels-inducing movie about valuing the time you've been given.

Makoto Shinkai's work is also rather affecting, mostly 5 Centimeters per Second, Voices of a Distant Star and, my favourite, Beyond the Clouds, The Promised Place In Our Early Days.

I've never felt much about Disney movies. /hides
ZPPY.png
@Keestal definitely Homeward Bound.. every time without fail, when Shadow refuses to leave the hole and then when he is reunited with Peter. *the feels*. I recently watched a movie called Red Dog, *the feels* I was reduced to a blubbering mess by the end.

Pretty much any animal movie can give me a massive case of the feels :P
@Keestal definitely Homeward Bound.. every time without fail, when Shadow refuses to leave the hole and then when he is reunited with Peter. *the feels*. I recently watched a movie called Red Dog, *the feels* I was reduced to a blubbering mess by the end.

Pretty much any animal movie can give me a massive case of the feels :P
Edward Scissorhands.
Edward Scissorhands.
skull_divider_by_burgerphile-d6rka4x.png
Catching Fire and A walk to remember
Catching Fire and A walk to remember
1 2 3 4 5 6