Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Scary/fierce dragon WITH concept Art!
1 2 3 4
@Denim I like it save for the head, maybe take off that beak like part?
However I am concerned that by using that many spikes, we are making it too similar to the Ridgeback. I will admit that kentrosaurus is my favorite stegosuar though. <3
@Denim I like it save for the head, maybe take off that beak like part?
However I am concerned that by using that many spikes, we are making it too similar to the Ridgeback. I will admit that kentrosaurus is my favorite stegosuar though. <3
MRMeAKr.png
It looks really cool so far :)

Perhaps make the spikes shorter, or somewhat slanted
It looks really cool so far :)

Perhaps make the spikes shorter, or somewhat slanted

Lore Shop - Wishlist - Clan Lore

rsz_lore.png
@Katia I guess it does look a little weird with the beak? Idk I felt like it made it stand out a bit more from the rest of our "big" breeds, plus its very stego like.
I made a couple variations and also finished the greyscale model
http://sta.sh/222z0qgyma09
1) the same lines, just finished
2) changed the beak into more of a crocodile-ish snout?
3) changed some of the spikes (where i thought they looked most ridgeback like) into like a spike... mane? like a bearded dragon, kinda.

Thoughts?
@Katia I guess it does look a little weird with the beak? Idk I felt like it made it stand out a bit more from the rest of our "big" breeds, plus its very stego like.
I made a couple variations and also finished the greyscale model
http://sta.sh/222z0qgyma09
1) the same lines, just finished
2) changed the beak into more of a crocodile-ish snout?
3) changed some of the spikes (where i thought they looked most ridgeback like) into like a spike... mane? like a bearded dragon, kinda.

Thoughts?
@Denim Yeah it looks a lot better with the beak and it does look less like a rigdeback now. Good changes.
@Denim Yeah it looks a lot better with the beak and it does look less like a rigdeback now. Good changes.
MRMeAKr.png
@Katia so face from 1, spikes from 3 is what you're saying?
If you want I can shade it and do some gene mockups also.
@Katia so face from 1, spikes from 3 is what you're saying?
If you want I can shade it and do some gene mockups also.
@Denim Oops I typoed...I meant to say without the beak. *faceplam. xD
@Denim Oops I typoed...I meant to say without the beak. *faceplam. xD
MRMeAKr.png
@Katia oh whoops XD so number 3 is your fave then?
@Katia oh whoops XD so number 3 is your fave then?
@Denim Technically number 2 is, but I think it runs into the whole ridgeback problem so I have to pick 3. xD
@Denim Technically number 2 is, but I think it runs into the whole ridgeback problem so I have to pick 3. xD
MRMeAKr.png
@Katia darn ridgebacks, monopolizing the "spiky dragon" market XP
I mean, I don't feel like its too ridgeback since they aren't the same shape as their spikes and they occur in pairs. I could try to tweak them again, if you like? but I'm not sure if there is anyway to put large spikes on a dragon's back without people yelling "ridgeback"
@Katia darn ridgebacks, monopolizing the "spiky dragon" market XP
I mean, I don't feel like its too ridgeback since they aren't the same shape as their spikes and they occur in pairs. I could try to tweak them again, if you like? but I'm not sure if there is anyway to put large spikes on a dragon's back without people yelling "ridgeback"
@Denim You do make a good point about the spikes, I just wish we had some sort of staff guidelines of how close a new breed can resemble an old breed. Let me add number 2 to the first post and see if people think if it's too much like a ridgeback.
@Denim You do make a good point about the spikes, I just wish we had some sort of staff guidelines of how close a new breed can resemble an old breed. Let me add number 2 to the first post and see if people think if it's too much like a ridgeback.
MRMeAKr.png
1 2 3 4