Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Headstart vs. Non-Headstart
1 2 3 4
Ah, so I suppose that non-headstarters definitely have surpassed the number of headstarters by now. I don't suppose that there is a way to go back in time and measure the number of active accounts 14 hours ago when I had started. ;]

I am now curious to know how many of those ~2000 non-headstarters were already aware of the game for some time.

Edit: Oh, and this discussion is flowing quite swimmingly. I am very much relieved by that, haha.
Ah, so I suppose that non-headstarters definitely have surpassed the number of headstarters by now. I don't suppose that there is a way to go back in time and measure the number of active accounts 14 hours ago when I had started. ;]

I am now curious to know how many of those ~2000 non-headstarters were already aware of the game for some time.

Edit: Oh, and this discussion is flowing quite swimmingly. I am very much relieved by that, haha.
Creation through destruction. That is how sparkling, cut diamonds are made.
Also, not all the head start people have large lairs. I only laid one egg so I didn't use my boon and I didn't buy many gems. So, I can't acquire hatchlings that way. The one I do have is from a friend and she's been given to me early with the understanding she gets a hatchling from my next clutch. Not been terribly luck with familiars either which is another thing I know people have used to trade for hatchlings.

As far as treasure goes, I've been saving up for the clown gene for Adrian. *shakes fist at fire ground) I would have had it today if it had been up. :)

The other thing to remember is what the people in beta said. With in a month or so the price of hatchlings will drop significantly and you'll be able to build your lair up then.
Also, not all the head start people have large lairs. I only laid one egg so I didn't use my boon and I didn't buy many gems. So, I can't acquire hatchlings that way. The one I do have is from a friend and she's been given to me early with the understanding she gets a hatchling from my next clutch. Not been terribly luck with familiars either which is another thing I know people have used to trade for hatchlings.

As far as treasure goes, I've been saving up for the clown gene for Adrian. *shakes fist at fire ground) I would have had it today if it had been up. :)

The other thing to remember is what the people in beta said. With in a month or so the price of hatchlings will drop significantly and you'll be able to build your lair up then.
FRFlightPrideBannerWind_zps362d3fa9.png
I'm back, but life is being complicated. It probably will take awhile for me to reply, because I log on irratically.
I've known about this site for a while, and tried to get beta keys more times than I can count (unsuccessfully mind you :( ). I was a kickstarter backer (headstart) as soon as the kickstarter was put up.
I've known about this site for a while, and tried to get beta keys more times than I can count (unsuccessfully mind you :( ). I was a kickstarter backer (headstart) as soon as the kickstarter was put up.
001F_Custom.png
I&#039;ll admit, it&#039;s nice to have a community like this. I&#039;m far more used to dealing with communities such as the Blizzard, generic First Person Shooter and League of Legends communities. When looking at communities like them, you can see why some people say anonymity should be stripped from the internet. Some of them have no place being anywhere other than locked in a room with no access to anyone or anything. <_<

Don&#039;t worry about asking too many questions, I do it too. Most people say I ask too many anyway. Still, most of your questions have been answered or given a rough answer too.

I get the impression there&#039;s more non kickstarters than kickstarters though. In the coliseum, there used to be about 30-60 clans in there at any one time during peak hours. Now, there&#039;s 300-400.
I&#039;ll admit, it&#039;s nice to have a community like this. I&#039;m far more used to dealing with communities such as the Blizzard, generic First Person Shooter and League of Legends communities. When looking at communities like them, you can see why some people say anonymity should be stripped from the internet. Some of them have no place being anywhere other than locked in a room with no access to anyone or anything. <_<

Don&#039;t worry about asking too many questions, I do it too. Most people say I ask too many anyway. Still, most of your questions have been answered or given a rough answer too.

I get the impression there&#039;s more non kickstarters than kickstarters though. In the coliseum, there used to be about 30-60 clans in there at any one time during peak hours. Now, there&#039;s 300-400.
FR_ShadowBan1_zps37b55c4b.png
... Is Sum Ting Wong?
I found out about this site from the Deviant Art before beta, but I was never able to get a beta key. When the kickstarter went up, I jumped on it. Plus, I couldn&#039;t pass up the cogfrog. I love that sucker so much! So I&#039;ve been waiting for this game for a while now.

And yes, head-starters don&#039;t necessarily have large lairs. I only got two eggs from my progenitors, so I&#039;m hatching them normally. And the games don&#039;t work on my tablet, so I don&#039;t have as much money as some. Heh. But I managed to find an egg from scavenging last night, so my clan is finally starting to grow a little!
I found out about this site from the Deviant Art before beta, but I was never able to get a beta key. When the kickstarter went up, I jumped on it. Plus, I couldn&#039;t pass up the cogfrog. I love that sucker so much! So I&#039;ve been waiting for this game for a while now.

And yes, head-starters don&#039;t necessarily have large lairs. I only got two eggs from my progenitors, so I&#039;m hatching them normally. And the games don&#039;t work on my tablet, so I don&#039;t have as much money as some. Heh. But I managed to find an egg from scavenging last night, so my clan is finally starting to grow a little!
I have been waiting for it for 4 or so years now. seen the Fae breed picture and fell in love with them *bounces excitedly while pointing to avatar* I lost track of it about a year after finding out about the plans, before re-finding it about 6 months back. I think I had a couple heart attacks launch night as nothing would go through. XD
I have been waiting for it for 4 or so years now. seen the Fae breed picture and fell in love with them *bounces excitedly while pointing to avatar* I lost track of it about a year after finding out about the plans, before re-finding it about 6 months back. I think I had a couple heart attacks launch night as nothing would go through. XD
04_5_orig.png01_3_orig.png02_2_orig.png01_2_orig.png
Thank you so much for your support. It means a lot that you'd have my book from so long ago! I'm so happy that you'd follow and join our game! [quote name="Apoptosis" date="2013-06-08 15:56:07" url="main.php?p=mb&board=frd&page=1&id=26106#26106"]How many headstarters were there? Are there currently more headstarters than non-headstarters? [/quote] We'd just hit a little over 700 headstarters before launch. Not everyone used their head-start codes, it seems! We're now at 3,200 registered users and counting.
Thank you so much for your support. It means a lot that you&#039;d have my book from so long ago! I&#039;m so happy that you&#039;d follow and join our game!
How many headstarters were there? Are there currently more headstarters than non-headstarters?

We&#039;d just hit a little over 700 headstarters before launch. Not everyone used their head-start codes, it seems! We&#039;re now at 3,200 registered users and counting.
I am a headstarter and have known about this project for years and stalked Neondragon&#039;s art before that as well. c:

It was very confusing at first, when the Flight Rising project was hinted at - little things were posted here or there, a section of a map here, a random group of odd creatures, etc and there was absolutely zero information about anything. c: I eagerly awaited information and frequently checked neon&#039;s art site for a year but nothing new came up and the amount of art dwindled down to very little, so the checks grew less frequent until I nearly stopped checking. Then there was a breakthrough - the website went up and it was clear that this project was a game. Stalked for a year. Nothing new. Didn&#039;t check for a looooong time. Looong time. Then it popped in my head randomly, so I go to the site and see "KICKSTARTER LIVE!&#039; and it was posted that very day I checked. And I&#039;m just like &#039; O-O YES!&#039; So I eagerly watched its progress until I was was able to convince my parents to allow me to use my money on a free game that I didn&#039;t have to. xD

And yupp. I am jealous/peeved of those that just discovered it. You guys didn&#039;t feeel the looong years of waiting WEARING down on you.

Just kidding. c: <3 Any addition to the community is nice. I really wasn&#039;t expecting this many people. I can&#039;t wait to feel like a dinosaur with my 146 ID swimming around in a sea of 2000&#039;s. :D And for once I won&#039;t be the noobie on a site. ^o^

EDIT: Apparently 3000&#039;s. Oh my gosh I already AM a dinosaur! D:

Sorry totally got off topic, I&#039;m done rambling now. :P
I am a headstarter and have known about this project for years and stalked Neondragon&#039;s art before that as well. c:

It was very confusing at first, when the Flight Rising project was hinted at - little things were posted here or there, a section of a map here, a random group of odd creatures, etc and there was absolutely zero information about anything. c: I eagerly awaited information and frequently checked neon&#039;s art site for a year but nothing new came up and the amount of art dwindled down to very little, so the checks grew less frequent until I nearly stopped checking. Then there was a breakthrough - the website went up and it was clear that this project was a game. Stalked for a year. Nothing new. Didn&#039;t check for a looooong time. Looong time. Then it popped in my head randomly, so I go to the site and see "KICKSTARTER LIVE!&#039; and it was posted that very day I checked. And I&#039;m just like &#039; O-O YES!&#039; So I eagerly watched its progress until I was was able to convince my parents to allow me to use my money on a free game that I didn&#039;t have to. xD

And yupp. I am jealous/peeved of those that just discovered it. You guys didn&#039;t feeel the looong years of waiting WEARING down on you.

Just kidding. c: <3 Any addition to the community is nice. I really wasn&#039;t expecting this many people. I can&#039;t wait to feel like a dinosaur with my 146 ID swimming around in a sea of 2000&#039;s. :D And for once I won&#039;t be the noobie on a site. ^o^

EDIT: Apparently 3000&#039;s. Oh my gosh I already AM a dinosaur! D:

Sorry totally got off topic, I&#039;m done rambling now. :P
oghFcJ4.gif
I remember getting my hands on one of Neondragon&#039;s how-to books a long time ago... I think I was just a little tween back then. It was this thin little book that came with a little sketchbook and some pencils/ paints.

It was a few years after that I actually went ahead and bought her other books, I still have her latest one-- Evolution, I believe it&#039;s called? It&#039;s been awhile since I actually looked at it. Anyway, I came across Flight Rising from an online friend who loved these kinds of sites, and a big part that swayed me to support the kickstarter was &#039;cause I just loved Neondragon&#039;s art-- it was a standard I used to aspire to as a beginning artist, but have since strayed.

I remember looking at the kickstarter&#039;s page and looking at the people who at least bought the headstart-- I bought the two Imperial pack, since I love that breed-- and it was around 760s-800s when I last checked, so that was how many I was going to be seeing come Headstart. Imagine my surprise when I saw barely half of that on good days. XD

The headstarters imo didn&#039;t get that much of an advantage over people who came here on release day-- I agree with practically everyone here, I think the only thing we got was what we paid for on the kickstarter. Not that I&#039;m complaining, I love this site already. XD
I remember getting my hands on one of Neondragon&#039;s how-to books a long time ago... I think I was just a little tween back then. It was this thin little book that came with a little sketchbook and some pencils/ paints.

It was a few years after that I actually went ahead and bought her other books, I still have her latest one-- Evolution, I believe it&#039;s called? It&#039;s been awhile since I actually looked at it. Anyway, I came across Flight Rising from an online friend who loved these kinds of sites, and a big part that swayed me to support the kickstarter was &#039;cause I just loved Neondragon&#039;s art-- it was a standard I used to aspire to as a beginning artist, but have since strayed.

I remember looking at the kickstarter&#039;s page and looking at the people who at least bought the headstart-- I bought the two Imperial pack, since I love that breed-- and it was around 760s-800s when I last checked, so that was how many I was going to be seeing come Headstart. Imagine my surprise when I saw barely half of that on good days. XD

The headstarters imo didn&#039;t get that much of an advantage over people who came here on release day-- I agree with practically everyone here, I think the only thing we got was what we paid for on the kickstarter. Not that I&#039;m complaining, I love this site already. XD
I found this whole thing through kickstarter. I wasn&#039;t aware of neondragon&#039;s art before then since I haven&#039;t had much to do with art for a while. This is the kind of pet site I&#039;ve always wanted and never been able to find.
I found this whole thing through kickstarter. I wasn&#039;t aware of neondragon&#039;s art before then since I haven&#039;t had much to do with art for a while. This is the kind of pet site I&#039;ve always wanted and never been able to find.
1 2 3 4