Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Ask the Team! [Closed]
1 2 ... 45 46 47 48 49 ... 195 196
[quote]I'm not sure if this is something answerable, but I'm curious to know: What gathering method (foraging, fishing, etc) is most-used across the site? Is there one in particular that is significantly more frequented by users than others? Is there one significantly less used? And do these stats change during festivals (due to the appearance of chests in digging)?[/quote] Scavenging is the most popular, followed by Digging, Hunting, Fishing, Insect Catching, and last - Foraging. [br][br] [quote]Maybe it was asked someday, but I was wondering about Nocturnes. How do they walk? I always have a penguin in mind D:[/quote] Nocturnes are quadrupeds, though they will frequently use their wings to help support their weight. The hatchling image shows this off to good effect. [br][br] [quote]Hey so I was wondering, my lair is full of coatls and we live in the Ashfall Waste and I was just curious about where they're getting fish? Are there rivers or lakes? I mean, I guess they could just jump in the lava, but that seems impractical. Just wondering :)[/quote] The Ashfall Waste is bordered by the Sea of a Thousand currents as well as the greater ocean. Most coatl will obtain their fish from the coast, though there are some species that dwell in warm underground rivers. [br][br] [quote]I've been wondering about this for a while. While familiars probably come in all shapes and sizes, what are some of the largest and what are some of the smallest? I seem to recall that War Cats can be as big as Imperials?[/quote] Warcats match the size of many dragons species, though imperials aren't one of them! Roc are among some of the largest of the familiars, while Aer Phantoms are among some of the smallest. Familiars run the gamut! [br][br] [quote]Also, would you provide us with a (possibly silly) in-game explanation as to how hatchlings grow up immediately at six days? I'm aware of the issues coding/doing art for teenage dragons would present, and that's why they aren't in the game. But right now I'm just picturing a baby imperial growing up immediately and shoving a very startled smaller parent out of the nest in the middle of the night. Please tell me this could happen.[/quote] Time is a bit wibbly wobbly, (but surely accelerated) if when considering dragon ages. After all, if we used in-game time as a direct translation of day-to-day, the most venerable, aged dragons in Sornieth still wouldn't have reached 4 years old! Canonically, hatchlings can take decades to mature depending on their species. To humor the question though, if hatchlings were to attain full size in just 6 days, the parents and clan would likely be surprised possibly worried that a curse or extraordinary energies were involved. Uprooting the clan would seem prudent. [br][br] [quote]If we, as somewhat newer players when compared to the beta testers, encounter a bug, is that considered a way to obtain boolean?[/quote] The only way to have obtained a Boolean was to participate in the beta. If you encounter a bug, please let us know in the [b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug]Bug Reports forum[/url][/b]. A thorough report can help us narrow down where those bugs are hiding! [br][br] [quote]I recently bought all the eyes from the previous April Fool's and noticed that all the eyes had a specific color/flight to them. Should we expect more of this in the future? (i.e. flight-oriented apparel, ect.)[/quote] It is possible that we'll do more Flight-specific apparel, but it's likely to be tied to elemental holidays. The 2016 April Fool's eyes came in 11 styles because for that day, the silly eyes replaced the regular ones across the entire site! We wanted for the eyes to have variety, so each eye style corresponded with an element. [br][br] [quote]are marvas cloaks going to be found in chests?[/quote] For April Fool's, Marva has in the past made cycling chests available during the holiday. Players then "choose" the item that they will receive. It was not possible for a player to obtain all of the items as they only received one chest, so we allowed the items to turn up in randomized chests as well as Pinkerton. This year everyone received all of the possible items. They are a bit oddball - an "invisible" item, and an item that makes one "invisible". We have no plans to make them a part of the randomized chest pool at this time, nor are we assigning them a retired status. We may find a way to make these items available again, but for now, the only way to obtain them was to have had an account during the April Fool's 2017 shenanigans!
Quote:
I'm not sure if this is something answerable, but I'm curious to know: What gathering method (foraging, fishing, etc) is most-used across the site? Is there one in particular that is significantly more frequented by users than others? Is there one significantly less used? And do these stats change during festivals (due to the appearance of chests in digging)?

Scavenging is the most popular, followed by Digging, Hunting, Fishing, Insect Catching, and last - Foraging.

Quote:
Maybe it was asked someday, but I was wondering about Nocturnes.
How do they walk? I always have a penguin in mind D:

Nocturnes are quadrupeds, though they will frequently use their wings to help support their weight. The hatchling image shows this off to good effect.

Quote:
Hey so I was wondering, my lair is full of coatls and we live in the Ashfall Waste and I was just curious about where they're getting fish? Are there rivers or lakes? I mean, I guess they could just jump in the lava, but that seems impractical. Just wondering :)

The Ashfall Waste is bordered by the Sea of a Thousand currents as well as the greater ocean. Most coatl will obtain their fish from the coast, though there are some species that dwell in warm underground rivers.

Quote:
I've been wondering about this for a while. While familiars probably come in all shapes and sizes, what are some of the largest and what are some of the smallest? I seem to recall that War Cats can be as big as Imperials?

Warcats match the size of many dragons species, though imperials aren't one of them! Roc are among some of the largest of the familiars, while Aer Phantoms are among some of the smallest. Familiars run the gamut!

Quote:
Also, would you provide us with a (possibly silly) in-game explanation as to how hatchlings grow up immediately at six days? I'm aware of the issues coding/doing art for teenage dragons would present, and that's why they aren't in the game.
But right now I'm just picturing a baby imperial growing up immediately and shoving a very startled smaller parent out of the nest in the middle of the night. Please tell me this could happen.

Time is a bit wibbly wobbly, (but surely accelerated) if when considering dragon ages. After all, if we used in-game time as a direct translation of day-to-day, the most venerable, aged dragons in Sornieth still wouldn't have reached 4 years old! Canonically, hatchlings can take decades to mature depending on their species.

To humor the question though, if hatchlings were to attain full size in just 6 days, the parents and clan would likely be surprised possibly worried that a curse or extraordinary energies were involved. Uprooting the clan would seem prudent.

Quote:
If we, as somewhat newer players when compared to the beta testers, encounter a bug, is that considered a way to obtain boolean?

The only way to have obtained a Boolean was to participate in the beta. If you encounter a bug, please let us know in the Bug Reports forum. A thorough report can help us narrow down where those bugs are hiding!

Quote:
I recently bought all the eyes from the previous April Fool's and noticed that all the eyes had a specific color/flight to them. Should we expect more of this in the future? (i.e. flight-oriented apparel, ect.)

It is possible that we'll do more Flight-specific apparel, but it's likely to be tied to elemental holidays. The 2016 April Fool's eyes came in 11 styles because for that day, the silly eyes replaced the regular ones across the entire site! We wanted for the eyes to have variety, so each eye style corresponded with an element.

Quote:
are marvas cloaks going to be found in chests?

For April Fool's, Marva has in the past made cycling chests available during the holiday. Players then "choose" the item that they will receive. It was not possible for a player to obtain all of the items as they only received one chest, so we allowed the items to turn up in randomized chests as well as Pinkerton.

This year everyone received all of the possible items. They are a bit oddball - an "invisible" item, and an item that makes one "invisible". We have no plans to make them a part of the randomized chest pool at this time, nor are we assigning them a retired status. We may find a way to make these items available again, but for now, the only way to obtain them was to have had an account during the April Fool's 2017 shenanigans!
Without opposable thumbs, how do some dragons (like snappers, for example) use tools and weapons (swords, bows, etc)? Do they use magic or do they need a helper/assistant to use the items for them?
Without opposable thumbs, how do some dragons (like snappers, for example) use tools and weapons (swords, bows, etc)? Do they use magic or do they need a helper/assistant to use the items for them?
AXFBrIx.png
What would you consider the "Wonders of the World" in Sornieth?
What would you consider the "Wonders of the World" in Sornieth?
6Fwt9Qr.gifXXX

xxx
xxx

iuEBSJ3.png3YAN1tx.pngQRVupBA.png
yG0Lt9s.pngoK2VVlE.pngfT0qwQ5.png
xbsbPqT.pngbYt72YT.pngjQub7yI.png

Were you expecting a modicum of rust?
xxx
xxx
How often are the submissions for the Tidal Trouble puzzles reviewed and accepted? Is there any way of knowing if a puzzle has been viewed and rejected?
How often are the submissions for the Tidal Trouble puzzles reviewed and accepted? Is there any way of knowing if a puzzle has been viewed and rejected?
hu72dVR.png
Just curious: Is it possible, that you add the "Flight Rising HD" from April 1st as a regular update so that we can see Akiris beautiful art everyday?
Maybe a switch for every dragons profile so that you can choose the dragon who has the art and not a switch for all dragons? Would be nice I think^^
Just curious: Is it possible, that you add the "Flight Rising HD" from April 1st as a regular update so that we can see Akiris beautiful art everyday?
Maybe a switch for every dragons profile so that you can choose the dragon who has the art and not a switch for all dragons? Would be nice I think^^
egg.gif
how do nature eggs work? are they housed in a protective casing? I'd imagine laying a seed pod that looks like a coconut would be a horrible experience
how do nature eggs work? are they housed in a protective casing? I'd imagine laying a seed pod that looks like a coconut would be a horrible experience
tumblr_op6t5zbCDY1vwpq8no1_75sq.gif
Scrambles/Aspen • 22 • he/him • +2 fr timetumblr_nyrfren9e61rwt077o1_r1_75sq.gif
This is more to Akiri- how hard was it to draw those masterpieces? And who suggested it?
This is more to Akiri- how hard was it to draw those masterpieces? And who suggested it?
iO2X60T.png
Will we ever see official site art of Marva, or will she continue to (evidently) wear one of her own invisibility cloaks?
Will we ever see official site art of Marva, or will she continue to (evidently) wear one of her own invisibility cloaks?
frsiggy1.pngfrsiggy2.pngfrsiggy3.png
Wondering about how the achievements work. For example I have all of the gathering achievements that I can see yet the bar is only 28% full. So are there extra/hidden achievements that will let us get 100% of the sections?
Wondering about how the achievements work. For example I have all of the gathering achievements that I can see yet the bar is only 28% full. So are there extra/hidden achievements that will let us get 100% of the sections?
wZG5vCf.png0uFXXRL.pnguZHLDnb.png
I remember something about Iridescent and Shimmer having the wrong shading/highlights, has this been fixed yet or is this still ongoing? I'd hate to fall in love with a dragon's colours only to see them get 'repaired'.
I remember something about Iridescent and Shimmer having the wrong shading/highlights, has this been fixed yet or is this still ongoing? I'd hate to fall in love with a dragon's colours only to see them get 'repaired'.
I subscribe to all threads I start, no need to ping me
SFH6FnR.png jCqLcbT.png 3EopvJR.png 0kBe0TE.gif q0nkOrQ.png
1 2 ... 45 46 47 48 49 ... 195 196