Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Advertising Report Thread
1 2 ... 344 345 346 347 348 ... 592 593
On mobile I've started to get these redirect ads that say stuff like "Your IPhone is a $1000 winner!" and I have to spam the back button to get back to FR
On mobile I've started to get these redirect ads that say stuff like "Your IPhone is a $1000 winner!" and I have to spam the back button to get back to FR
giphy.gif3DbucdE.gif
@Mashu [quote name="Mashu" date=2017-04-04 17:36:58] On mobile I've started to get these redirect ads that say stuff like "Your IPhone is a $1000 winner!" and I have to spam the back button to get back to FR [/quote] I have gotten tons of those messages too. I've had that happen to me on other websites too, so I don't know if its a FR problem or its just the phone.
@Mashu
Mashu wrote on 2017-04-04:

I have gotten tons of those messages too. I've had that happen to me on other websites too, so I don't know if its a FR problem or its just the phone.
CLVpsxr.gif
I didn't care enough to get a screen shot, but I saw an add advertising Trump's wall and asking people to vote on whether it should be built or not. That's not really the kind of add I wan't to see on Flight Rising, especially considering they've banned talk about politics and such.
I didn't care enough to get a screen shot, but I saw an add advertising Trump's wall and asking people to vote on whether it should be built or not. That's not really the kind of add I wan't to see on Flight Rising, especially considering they've banned talk about politics and such.
Kept come crossing paths with ads appearing to be sponsored by Taboola, these guys... these guys are on my top 100 pet peeves with their sponsored ads that have reached Buzzfeed levels of blooming clickbait. And the blasted thing doesn't fit in the vertical ad box, I have recently read that the things they "advertise" could infect your computer. Whatever you do DO NOT click on anything offered by Taboola and their dirty sleeves..

I think it's best if you disable ads(minus the webcomic ads of course so the site can still get) until you can find a way to block them, I'm not sure if it's a virus but either way I'll scan my computer for anything fishy, meanwhile I'll clear browsing data on Windows Edge and see if that helps. Don't be afraid to Google on how to get rid of Taboola ads on whatever browser you're using, personally speaking I recommend this how to from 2-Spyware, I'll post the link down below.

http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-taboola-ads.html
Kept come crossing paths with ads appearing to be sponsored by Taboola, these guys... these guys are on my top 100 pet peeves with their sponsored ads that have reached Buzzfeed levels of blooming clickbait. And the blasted thing doesn't fit in the vertical ad box, I have recently read that the things they "advertise" could infect your computer. Whatever you do DO NOT click on anything offered by Taboola and their dirty sleeves..

I think it's best if you disable ads(minus the webcomic ads of course so the site can still get) until you can find a way to block them, I'm not sure if it's a virus but either way I'll scan my computer for anything fishy, meanwhile I'll clear browsing data on Windows Edge and see if that helps. Don't be afraid to Google on how to get rid of Taboola ads on whatever browser you're using, personally speaking I recommend this how to from 2-Spyware, I'll post the link down below.

http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-taboola-ads.html
http://prntscr.com/et8o5k <-- these ads keep coming everytime I click somewhere in the game...
http://prntscr.com/et8o5k <-- these ads keep coming everytime I click somewhere in the game...
Update regarding Taboola, I think it was Microsoft Edge's fault ever since I cleared the browsing data, just keep a close eye in case you see those Taboola ads pop up. Surely without viruses I doubt they will appear on Flight Rising as long your browser isn't compromised.
Update regarding Taboola, I think it was Microsoft Edge's fault ever since I cleared the browsing data, just keep a close eye in case you see those Taboola ads pop up. Surely without viruses I doubt they will appear on Flight Rising as long your browser isn't compromised.
Casa Blanca ad has sound involved. img here
Casa Blanca ad has sound involved. img here
cPW6H3E.png
Twice now this snickers add has popped up. Any movement on screen makes it larger and once it takes up the whole screen you can't zoom in/out. So far I've only seen it on mobile. Looking at the size of the x, you can see why this is frusyerating to a mobile user.
Screenshot below
https://i.imgur.com/vevkcjq.png
Twice now this snickers add has popped up. Any movement on screen makes it larger and once it takes up the whole screen you can't zoom in/out. So far I've only seen it on mobile. Looking at the size of the x, you can see why this is frusyerating to a mobile user.
Screenshot below
https://i.imgur.com/vevkcjq.png
eJjRguz.gifwpbQAJl.pngxFS26wH.pngHYGuuPe.png2pUgUlN.pngiuq3Fph.pngFW2m3Le.pngWZY5XMs.pngPeuDgXm.png
Posted a thread about this, but was redirected here. [quote name="slp0001" date=2017-04-10 15:04:49] Hello. I was just now feeding my dragons when I got an ad I've never gotten before WAY outside the little ad banner in the corner. It was very startling and, I think, isn't supposed to be so... intrusive. If it is, apologies for not knowing. [img]https://s22.postimg.org/wonjawx9d/invasive_ad.png[/img] [/quote] No clue if it matters, but it seems to be a Dutch ad. The words on the right say "Can it get any crazier?" in Dutch, according to Google Translate.
Posted a thread about this, but was redirected here.
slp0001 wrote on 2017-04-10:
Hello. I was just now feeding my dragons when I got an ad I've never gotten before WAY outside the little ad banner in the corner. It was very startling and, I think, isn't supposed to be so... intrusive. If it is, apologies for not knowing.

invasive_ad.png

No clue if it matters, but it seems to be a Dutch ad. The words on the right say "Can it get any crazier?" in Dutch, according to Google Translate.
60eldD0.gif
I occasionally don't get pings because of misspellings. My username is SLP (lowercase), three zeroes, and a one. You can copy and paste it if you're not sure you have it right.
If you want to talk about something troubling you, my PM box is open to everyone! Feel free to reach out whenever, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. I'll keep what you say a secret, if you want. It's my pleasure to help out everyone I can!
xKBtilj.gif
Ok I've read back a few pages: 1. Taboola, we do not directly deal with Taboola, and if you see ads from Taboola anywhere, they are a legitimate ad company (AFAIK,) but the clickbait they show is often terrible/graphic that I'd rather block them. Our partners have said they aren't using them, so if you're seeing it, check for "free" extensions/plugins to your browser that may be rewriting the page. 2. Popups/redirects/takeovers - not allowed, if you see it, at the very least screenshot the address bar. If it's opening a new window/tab, tab back to the game immediately and try to inspect the ad units to see whodunit. 3. Refer back to this: [quote name="hiveworks" date=2017-01-28 15:53:23] Hi all, I made some minor changes to how the ad code is generated so that it might be easier to figure out where a bad "header bidder" came from. This is only for reporting ads that are in bad taste (it may be possible to use to find locking-up ads too, but you may need to have the developer console open first.) In Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc , right click on the ad and select "inspect", or hit F12 to bring up the developer console and choose to inspect the negative space around the ad, as so: [img]http://i67.tinypic.com/23hr3m0.png[/img] There are two ways to identify, look for data-pbidder="(something)", and data-pbadid="abcdef1234" or look for the first comment in the body of the iframe, you'll see something like "Prebid 160x600 winner is _____" If the ad you're seeing isn't generated by the header bidder system, only the "no winner" comment will be present. If you see an ad that is in bad taste, please try to get the [b]header bidder id and ad id[/b] so we can direct the block request to the right network. If you see something you don't like: 1. Screenshot of it, where it is (so we know what we're looking for) 2. link, to where it goes if possible (change http to hxxp to avoid link being created) 3A. Try to get the data-pbidder and data-pbadid from the containing iframe, if it's not present, then... 3B. It can be narrowed down by inspecting the image of the ad, and walking back through the iframes until you see a "in chain" comment. In order for something to be removed from all possible ad networks, we need to know which one is bidding on it. [/quote]
Ok I've read back a few pages:

1. Taboola, we do not directly deal with Taboola, and if you see ads from Taboola anywhere, they are a legitimate ad company (AFAIK,) but the clickbait they show is often terrible/graphic that I'd rather block them. Our partners have said they aren't using them, so if you're seeing it, check for "free" extensions/plugins to your browser that may be rewriting the page.

2. Popups/redirects/takeovers - not allowed, if you see it, at the very least screenshot the address bar. If it's opening a new window/tab, tab back to the game immediately and try to inspect the ad units to see whodunit.

3. Refer back to this:

hiveworks wrote on 2017-01-28:
Hi all,

I made some minor changes to how the ad code is generated so that it might be easier to figure out where a bad "header bidder" came from. This is only for reporting ads that are in bad taste (it may be possible to use to find locking-up ads too, but you may need to have the developer console open first.)

In Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc , right click on the ad and select "inspect", or hit F12 to bring up the developer console and choose to inspect the negative space around the ad, as so:

23hr3m0.png

There are two ways to identify, look for data-pbidder="(something)", and data-pbadid="abcdef1234"
or look for the first comment in the body of the iframe, you'll see something like "Prebid 160x600 winner is _____"

If the ad you're seeing isn't generated by the header bidder system, only the "no winner" comment will be present.

If you see an ad that is in bad taste, please try to get the header bidder id and ad id so we can direct the block request to the right network.

If you see something you don't like:
1. Screenshot of it, where it is (so we know what we're looking for)
2. link, to where it goes if possible (change http to hxxp to avoid link being created)
3A. Try to get the data-pbidder and data-pbadid from the containing iframe, if it's not present, then...
3B. It can be narrowed down by inspecting the image of the ad, and walking back through the iframes until you see a "in chain" comment.

In order for something to be removed from all possible ad networks, we need to know which one is bidding on it.
1 2 ... 344 345 346 347 348 ... 592 593