Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | BJDs and other dollies
1 2 ... 392 393 394 395 396 ... 421 422
@CrimsonCatalyst

Probably not, I've been inactive for like the past 6 months or something lmao

But ye I hear that a lot. Tbh I'm kinda more into DD than resin bc anime is more up my alley plus they're a heckle lot easier to pose Like I know I have a BBB which are notorious for posing but DD's on an older body and whew she stood quickkk And right? I love her default, but it stains her already stained body a bit. Could use lighter clothes for upcoming lighter weather too, but money for more dolls man.

lolol Yeah I learned that multiple times. Once w mh (Still trying to sell off the remaining 25.. orz), again with figmas (I now have 7. whoops.) and such. I didn't even bother bc it started with me wanting a Miku, then I looked further and got into other series with DDs (Idolm@ter and now Fate/Stay) and so here am I. Plus the ability to do the same as bjds also sold me (I have a floating head that needs a body but when I went to order, I checked one of the secondhand sites and saw my current girl pop up and it was immediately just "SOLD GO CHECK THE STOCK". But it's good, as I've only had the head for a couple of months... Even though my next aspiration is another fullset.)

And thank. Generally people don't mind photospam but it's always good to be cautious :x Also last sentence is me when I dig up some interest/motivation to actually do something
@CrimsonCatalyst

Probably not, I've been inactive for like the past 6 months or something lmao

But ye I hear that a lot. Tbh I'm kinda more into DD than resin bc anime is more up my alley plus they're a heckle lot easier to pose Like I know I have a BBB which are notorious for posing but DD's on an older body and whew she stood quickkk And right? I love her default, but it stains her already stained body a bit. Could use lighter clothes for upcoming lighter weather too, but money for more dolls man.

lolol Yeah I learned that multiple times. Once w mh (Still trying to sell off the remaining 25.. orz), again with figmas (I now have 7. whoops.) and such. I didn't even bother bc it started with me wanting a Miku, then I looked further and got into other series with DDs (Idolm@ter and now Fate/Stay) and so here am I. Plus the ability to do the same as bjds also sold me (I have a floating head that needs a body but when I went to order, I checked one of the secondhand sites and saw my current girl pop up and it was immediately just "SOLD GO CHECK THE STOCK". But it's good, as I've only had the head for a couple of months... Even though my next aspiration is another fullset.)

And thank. Generally people don't mind photospam but it's always good to be cautious :x Also last sentence is me when I dig up some interest/motivation to actually do something
signature.jpg has stopped responding. Please refresh the page to view the file.
@radiant17 Caspian is 70 centimeters tall, around two feet and four inches c: he's a big boy!! SSDF is one of the larger sculpts out there, though of course there are bigger ones. Both his and Rowe's heads are about the size of my fist. Yeah absolutely! Back when I was waiting on Caspian, some other collectors helped me out with that too c: I'll PM most of them to you, since there are a lot, but here's one I really liked: [img]http://i.imgur.com/a6nK8e5l.jpg[/img] Marcy is a danger girl >o< Be nice to Rowe, honey. (If anyone else wants to see the rest I can post them here too!) As far as clothes go - a lot of the sites I have bookmarked cater to 70cm or SD17s, the size I need for my guys - so there are more stores out there! But in the meantime these are the ones I have. [url=http://www.nine9style.com/shop/step0.php?b_code=B20110124051406&c_code=C20110125020011]9NineStyle[/url] | [url=http://volksusastore.com/webstores/dollfie/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=948&subcats=Y&features_hash=V478]Volks[/url] | [url=http://dec712241.gdreamweb.com/shop/step0.php?b_code=B20101202053521&c_code=C20141029053419]Luts[/url] | [url=http://crobidolls.com/shop/step0.php?b_code=B20080525084153&c_code=C20090405010835]Crobidoll[/url] | [url=http://www.tatabjd.com/en/category.php?id=20]TATA's Paradise[/url] | [url=http://www.lichtbjd.com/category.php?id=11]Licht[/url] | [url=http://i-treedesign.kr/category/msd-outfit/129/]TREEdesign[/url] @Disconnect lolol, happens to the best of us. Welcome back! I'm just not much into anime myself, pretty much! I like general resin bjds because they're "less" anime (though..... they're still rather in the vein haha) so, while I admire DDs from afar, I have a huge bias towards the resin flavor lol. I know my boy is actually a stellar poser - he's Luts - and he stands like a rock the moment you put him down - though sometimes he can be too heavy to support his own pose. If I sueded him it wouldnt be an issue, but that's like, effort, lmao. Have you tried washing her outfit? :o if you put it in a garment bag and air-dry it it should be fine. I've done that with most of Caspian's things and they've stopped staining him. :> Ahahahaaha, oh gosh, lmao. My roommate (And a former roommate) were like that with EAH and MH lmao. I have a couple myself (spill-over from those two roommates) but I have little to no use for them tbh. Clawdeen hangs out because she's a werewolf and therefore rad, but that's about it. On the other hand..... I got Caspian, now I have his former boyfriend (they came from the same seller), I need to buy Rowe a body, I'm eyeing Dollzone Snow and Noel....... they have names already, Drake and Zechariah - my wallet is doomed, whoops :'D *pounds table* PHOTOSPAM Don't worry, it's my turn to be obnoxious with photos anyway. I had a few free hours yesterday and spent them harassing the boys with the camera. For those of you who don't know this is Caspian and Rowe! Rowe is a floating head right now but he fits on Caspian's body. [img]http://i.imgur.com/3NJc2sR.png[/img] Finally managed to catch their eye colors, instead of them looking like eyeless demons (lookin at you, rowe) [img]http://i.imgur.com/UBj1JhGl.jpg[/img] a decent, up-to-date picture of them together!! What is this witchcraft? [img]http://i.imgur.com/ZJ7JRAP.png[/img] and a couple extras of Rowe because he's super pretty and I don't have enough of him on Caspian's body. My roommate had a necklace that matched Caspian's so now I'm gonna have to get matching ones for all the dolls in their story because i'm a sucker for that kind of stuff //cries
@radiant17 Caspian is 70 centimeters tall, around two feet and four inches c: he's a big boy!! SSDF is one of the larger sculpts out there, though of course there are bigger ones. Both his and Rowe's heads are about the size of my fist.

Yeah absolutely! Back when I was waiting on Caspian, some other collectors helped me out with that too c:

I'll PM most of them to you, since there are a lot, but here's one I really liked:

a6nK8e5l.jpg

Marcy is a danger girl >o< Be nice to Rowe, honey.
(If anyone else wants to see the rest I can post them here too!)

As far as clothes go - a lot of the sites I have bookmarked cater to 70cm or SD17s, the size I need for my guys - so there are more stores out there! But in the meantime these are the ones I have.
9NineStyle | Volks | Luts | Crobidoll | TATA's Paradise | Licht | TREEdesign

@Disconnect lolol, happens to the best of us. Welcome back!

I'm just not much into anime myself, pretty much! I like general resin bjds because they're "less" anime (though..... they're still rather in the vein haha) so, while I admire DDs from afar, I have a huge bias towards the resin flavor lol. I know my boy is actually a stellar poser - he's Luts - and he stands like a rock the moment you put him down - though sometimes he can be too heavy to support his own pose. If I sueded him it wouldnt be an issue, but that's like, effort, lmao.

Have you tried washing her outfit? :o if you put it in a garment bag and air-dry it it should be fine. I've done that with most of Caspian's things and they've stopped staining him. :>

Ahahahaaha, oh gosh, lmao. My roommate (And a former roommate) were like that with EAH and MH lmao. I have a couple myself (spill-over from those two roommates) but I have little to no use for them tbh. Clawdeen hangs out because she's a werewolf and therefore rad, but that's about it.
On the other hand..... I got Caspian, now I have his former boyfriend (they came from the same seller), I need to buy Rowe a body, I'm eyeing Dollzone Snow and Noel....... they have names already, Drake and Zechariah - my wallet is doomed, whoops :'D

*pounds table* PHOTOSPAM

Don't worry, it's my turn to be obnoxious with photos anyway. I had a few free hours yesterday and spent them harassing the boys with the camera.
For those of you who don't know this is Caspian and Rowe! Rowe is a floating head right now but he fits on Caspian's body.

3NJc2sR.png

Finally managed to catch their eye colors, instead of them looking like eyeless demons (lookin at you, rowe)

UBj1JhGl.jpg

a decent, up-to-date picture of them together!! What is this witchcraft?

ZJ7JRAP.png

and a couple extras of Rowe because he's super pretty and I don't have enough of him on Caspian's body.

My roommate had a necklace that matched Caspian's so now I'm gonna have to get matching ones for all the dolls in their story because i'm a sucker for that kind of stuff //cries

jsj7i0F.png

GXksSMR.png

jsj7i0F.png

Rq86m6N.png

5YkumXU.png
give me the stupid birds

8yJJEur.pngVZGtQue.png8KQXC3X.pngL2fmqQ8.pngwC1KtX9.png6H6WBlh.png

How have I never seen this thread? I've collected BJDs for a really long time, currently have..... 8, ha I had to count on my fingers, and am in the process of picking up my first SDGr boy, Kei, from Volks. A few of my dragons here on FR are based on the same characters some of my dolls are.

Hopefully going to the LA Dolpa this year, if they ever finally release more info for it and luck out to make it into the tea party.
How have I never seen this thread? I've collected BJDs for a really long time, currently have..... 8, ha I had to count on my fingers, and am in the process of picking up my first SDGr boy, Kei, from Volks. A few of my dragons here on FR are based on the same characters some of my dolls are.

Hopefully going to the LA Dolpa this year, if they ever finally release more info for it and luck out to make it into the tea party.
@CrimsonCatalyst

Lol Thank, although I'm too lazy to go back and actually feed my dragons (Baaaaah too many and Idk how much they'd go for)

Understandable, I have friends who are the same way. And tbh I kiiiiiinda wanna LUTS later but rn I've got 3 Vinyls on my to-buy list and no job so that's probably gonna take a while >>; And I thought about sueding her but tbh I'm on edge about her sculpt bc like on one hand it's kinda cute but on the other it's not to my taste and I can't get rid of her bc she was a gift.

lmao I had none for mine, not even photography. Plus I kinda link them back to obnoxious, younger variation of myself that makes me cringe at the thought of it :x AND MY WALLET IS DEF DOOMED bc one of the ones I want is a Saber, who is usually like $600-800 for the set I want. Miku's easier to obtain and Mio... Kinda want her but Idk (Both Idk on as Vocaloid I feel I'm sloooowlyyyy dying on while Im@s has just kinda bit it with me so.)

@kimmu

Ello!

If you go to LA Dolpa pls feel free to share pictures. I'd like to go eventually but... Money. Also noice new addition

I wish I could do characters, but for the life of me I cannot be creative in that category. I think I tried a couple of times on some of the ones here from when I was in here more, but aside from that I haven't really been able to.

@CrimsonCatalyst

Lol Thank, although I'm too lazy to go back and actually feed my dragons (Baaaaah too many and Idk how much they'd go for)

Understandable, I have friends who are the same way. And tbh I kiiiiiinda wanna LUTS later but rn I've got 3 Vinyls on my to-buy list and no job so that's probably gonna take a while >>; And I thought about sueding her but tbh I'm on edge about her sculpt bc like on one hand it's kinda cute but on the other it's not to my taste and I can't get rid of her bc she was a gift.

lmao I had none for mine, not even photography. Plus I kinda link them back to obnoxious, younger variation of myself that makes me cringe at the thought of it :x AND MY WALLET IS DEF DOOMED bc one of the ones I want is a Saber, who is usually like $600-800 for the set I want. Miku's easier to obtain and Mio... Kinda want her but Idk (Both Idk on as Vocaloid I feel I'm sloooowlyyyy dying on while Im@s has just kinda bit it with me so.)

@kimmu

Ello!

If you go to LA Dolpa pls feel free to share pictures. I'd like to go eventually but... Money. Also noice new addition

I wish I could do characters, but for the life of me I cannot be creative in that category. I think I tried a couple of times on some of the ones here from when I was in here more, but aside from that I haven't really been able to.

@CrimsonCatalyst I still like that picture of Rowe and Marcy with the scissors. You can just see the trouble coming :) And many thanks for the clothes-related links! I can't remember if I thanked you for that yet or not, so if not, now I have.

@kimmu This is my first time ever hearing about LA Dolpa, but anything with a tea party is of interest to me, haha. Sadly, money is a bit tight for me right now and if I can't even afford a doll, I probably can't afford to fly out to a convention. I hope you get to go, though!
@CrimsonCatalyst I still like that picture of Rowe and Marcy with the scissors. You can just see the trouble coming :) And many thanks for the clothes-related links! I can't remember if I thanked you for that yet or not, so if not, now I have.

@kimmu This is my first time ever hearing about LA Dolpa, but anything with a tea party is of interest to me, haha. Sadly, money is a bit tight for me right now and if I can't even afford a doll, I probably can't afford to fly out to a convention. I hope you get to go, though!
Odn3PBL.png
Best place for used BJD sales??
Best place for used BJD sales??
E2amngG.png04n5rQx.png8th6mfc.pngtPW2xgo.pngarOGchX.png
@DalphiaRose DOA/Den of Angels marketplace is generally pretty good, though I've never used it myself, but it's quite safe. I find facebook sales groups (like BJD Addicts Sales and Trades) really good, as they're easy to look through with all the images up front, and I've bought a few things off there before c: (Though it's not quite as secure as DoA so be wary of scammers)
I'd avoid Ebay as unfortunately a lot of the dolls for sale there are recasts, though sometimes you do get nicely priced legit dolls, but I'm always wary of buying from there.
I've seen a lot of instagram sales posts too, there's one account dedicated to reposting sales posts too, called bjdsale. Never bought off IG either but from the amount of sales posts I've seen it can't be a bad place to look!
@DalphiaRose DOA/Den of Angels marketplace is generally pretty good, though I've never used it myself, but it's quite safe. I find facebook sales groups (like BJD Addicts Sales and Trades) really good, as they're easy to look through with all the images up front, and I've bought a few things off there before c: (Though it's not quite as secure as DoA so be wary of scammers)
I'd avoid Ebay as unfortunately a lot of the dolls for sale there are recasts, though sometimes you do get nicely priced legit dolls, but I'm always wary of buying from there.
I've seen a lot of instagram sales posts too, there's one account dedicated to reposting sales posts too, called bjdsale. Never bought off IG either but from the amount of sales posts I've seen it can't be a bad place to look!
art_shop_logo_resized_by_avianannihilator-daagnr2.pngnym_icon_size_by_avianannihilator-dcpufhw.pngudon_noodles_logo_by_avianannihilator-dbp3hgd.pngadopt_logo_by_avianannihilator-dbgvrdt.png
@avianannihilator

Thanks for the info! I just want one doll to be my OC, but haven't found the right face + body combination yet.
@avianannihilator

Thanks for the info! I just want one doll to be my OC, but haven't found the right face + body combination yet.
E2amngG.png04n5rQx.png8th6mfc.pngtPW2xgo.pngarOGchX.png
Hey, all. It's been a while! :) No new dolls for me yet. Just the layaway on Lucywen, the MNF head that I picked for my event. Two payments left on that BTW! :D Also POSSIBLY a body that is exciting because it's going to be for one of my twins that I have had planned since 2011. Wow.

ON ONE HAND. My wife is getting a Iple House Asa! We're just waiting for a shipping notice! :D It's really exciting. I'm so happy for her because it's going to be the sister of her first doll Shiobhn (Dollzone Yan)!

@DalphiaRose

I have bought some things off of Instagram, and it went really smoothly! I haven't had any issues. I've bought a full doll, and then also a few clothing items. Though I would be careful, though. I would say that with any place where you can buy dolls from people. Because sometimes people don't advertise issues with them, or don't even have the product at all. But the safest bet to make sure that you aren't getting scammed is to ask for pictures, and make sure you give them something to write on a paper to provide with the pictures so you know it's legit. Ask for lots of pictures of the body/head/face up/etc to make sure that none of it is damaged. Also look at their reviews to make sure that their feedback is acceptable to you. Because even though some places can be really safe for sales, there are still some people who aren't always honest. This can be said about DoA, Instagram, and local people. But I agree with Ebay. They are almost 100% recasts on that site. I wouldn't bother with it at all.
Hey, all. It's been a while! :) No new dolls for me yet. Just the layaway on Lucywen, the MNF head that I picked for my event. Two payments left on that BTW! :D Also POSSIBLY a body that is exciting because it's going to be for one of my twins that I have had planned since 2011. Wow.

ON ONE HAND. My wife is getting a Iple House Asa! We're just waiting for a shipping notice! :D It's really exciting. I'm so happy for her because it's going to be the sister of her first doll Shiobhn (Dollzone Yan)!

@DalphiaRose

I have bought some things off of Instagram, and it went really smoothly! I haven't had any issues. I've bought a full doll, and then also a few clothing items. Though I would be careful, though. I would say that with any place where you can buy dolls from people. Because sometimes people don't advertise issues with them, or don't even have the product at all. But the safest bet to make sure that you aren't getting scammed is to ask for pictures, and make sure you give them something to write on a paper to provide with the pictures so you know it's legit. Ask for lots of pictures of the body/head/face up/etc to make sure that none of it is damaged. Also look at their reviews to make sure that their feedback is acceptable to you. Because even though some places can be really safe for sales, there are still some people who aren't always honest. This can be said about DoA, Instagram, and local people. But I agree with Ebay. They are almost 100% recasts on that site. I wouldn't bother with it at all.
tumblr_inline_nrj53lAKh41rbfe8q_500_zpsqiquog40.gif
@DapperQueen

Ayyy noice! I still kinda want an Iple, but other dolls take priority (Esp w repairs and such). uou;;; Akira is my newest, and I'm about... 1/10 of the way there to another new girl? Could get a body for the floater butttt I'm leaning more to another LE DD first (Specifically a Saber most likely.). There are still Resin girls I'd like (Some LUTS, some FL) but for the most part, I've converted. >>; Although at the top of my resins list is a dragon of sorts. For future things.
@DapperQueen

Ayyy noice! I still kinda want an Iple, but other dolls take priority (Esp w repairs and such). uou;;; Akira is my newest, and I'm about... 1/10 of the way there to another new girl? Could get a body for the floater butttt I'm leaning more to another LE DD first (Specifically a Saber most likely.). There are still Resin girls I'd like (Some LUTS, some FL) but for the most part, I've converted. >>; Although at the top of my resins list is a dragon of sorts. For future things.
1 2 ... 392 393 394 395 396 ... 421 422