Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | BJDs and other dollies
1 2 ... 416 417 418 419 420 421 422
@Replicant Huhuhu yesss more Altis :D I'd love to see some pics of your boy! Did you get his fullset or do you have other plans for him? :> I got the FS - my first FS ever actually, so it's kind of exciting! I don't normally go for them since I like painting my dolls myself but I needed those antlers lol.
@Replicant Huhuhu yesss more Altis :D I'd love to see some pics of your boy! Did you get his fullset or do you have other plans for him? :> I got the FS - my first FS ever actually, so it's kind of exciting! I don't normally go for them since I like painting my dolls myself but I needed those antlers lol.
art_shop_logo_resized_by_avianannihilator-daagnr2.pngnym_icon_size_by_avianannihilator-dcpufhw.pngudon_noodles_logo_by_avianannihilator-dbp3hgd.pngadopt_logo_by_avianannihilator-dbgvrdt.png
@Ajifox okay yes but consider: piggyback rides [img]https://i.imgur.com/7lsNkuyl.jpg[/img] lmao, i totally getcha. I don't know how you like, conceptualize your dolls' interactions, but on my end it probably helps that I treat them a lot like my OCs, who all have distinct stories and wouldn't ever have a reason to meet each other - so it's easier for me to forgive the discrepancy. Of course, that doesn't say much about visual proportions! Sometimes they just gotta be Just Right first hehe Your lil centaur was very cute!! We tried a 7/8 from crobidoll and it doesnt fit :'3 The 7/8 we got ForMyDoll seems to be a mislabeled 6/7, so we're just thoroughly stumped. Guess we'll keep trying 7/8s then heh; thank you! And I think 6 months still, though i don't really know where to keep track. That said, I've yet to actually buy a brand new doll myself - they're all varying ages, but all secondhand - so I've barely had any wait times. I paid for my first boyo, Caspian, on layaway from another collector, and even the three months that took were absolute agony of anticipation lmaoo,,, i'm not a very patient person :'3
@Ajifox
okay yes but consider: piggyback rides

7lsNkuyl.jpg

lmao, i totally getcha. I don't know how you like, conceptualize your dolls' interactions, but on my end it probably helps that I treat them a lot like my OCs, who all have distinct stories and wouldn't ever have a reason to meet each other - so it's easier for me to forgive the discrepancy.

Of course, that doesn't say much about visual proportions! Sometimes they just gotta be Just Right first hehe

Your lil centaur was very cute!! We tried a 7/8 from crobidoll and it doesnt fit :'3 The 7/8 we got ForMyDoll seems to be a mislabeled 6/7, so we're just thoroughly stumped. Guess we'll keep trying 7/8s then heh; thank you!

And I think 6 months still, though i don't really know where to keep track. That said, I've yet to actually buy a brand new doll myself - they're all varying ages, but all secondhand - so I've barely had any wait times. I paid for my first boyo, Caspian, on layaway from another collector, and even the three months that took were absolute agony of anticipation lmaoo,,, i'm not a very patient person :'3
jsj7i0F.png

GXksSMR.png

jsj7i0F.png

Rq86m6N.png

5YkumXU.png
give me the stupid birds

8yJJEur.pngVZGtQue.png8KQXC3X.pngL2fmqQ8.pngwC1KtX9.png6H6WBlh.png

@CrimsonCatalyst

lmao, with my characters I think only a few would offer piggy back rides, but I do not know if any would actually take them up on the offer. Maybe one of my characters -- but that is a probably only from his boyfriend, so it would definitely need to be the same size. Or at least the general same ball park.

Currently we are working on our oc/characters that all are from the sort of world / can meet and at some point and probably will meet. So for our collection they all need to be around the same size and conceptually same proportions so they can be photographed together without it seeming strange.

Ahh. I am not sure about Crobidoll - only have tried a 6/7 from them which seemed to fit just fine - but I know Formydoll seemed to run big in the 7/8 sizing. (but if it was mislabeled I am not sure what happened there..) We did not really have too much long from them.

Personally we order wigs from Luts, Crobidoll, or Leekworld due to heat resistance and quality. Now Leekeworld we only get in the 6/7 size too because their 7/8 seems to be on the big size as well. I have one on my Fairyland boy and it is loose on him. I need to use velcro on him to keep it from sliding off as it is a clip in ponytail wig, so it is back heavy and will slide off of him. Or my partner makes nice yarn wigs. Best of luck to you!

If you have a denofangels account they have waiting rooms you can always pop into one of those, and that will help with the current wait times you could be expecting. ^^ Never hurts to double check on those. I have waited 7 months for Dollzone before... and then in came in on the wrong body and so I had to wait until 2 months before I actually got the right doll. ORZ. It was a rather long ordeal and in the end I kept it for a month or two and sold it. I am usually okay with waiting, but that was a bit much for me.

@CrimsonCatalyst

lmao, with my characters I think only a few would offer piggy back rides, but I do not know if any would actually take them up on the offer. Maybe one of my characters -- but that is a probably only from his boyfriend, so it would definitely need to be the same size. Or at least the general same ball park.

Currently we are working on our oc/characters that all are from the sort of world / can meet and at some point and probably will meet. So for our collection they all need to be around the same size and conceptually same proportions so they can be photographed together without it seeming strange.

Ahh. I am not sure about Crobidoll - only have tried a 6/7 from them which seemed to fit just fine - but I know Formydoll seemed to run big in the 7/8 sizing. (but if it was mislabeled I am not sure what happened there..) We did not really have too much long from them.

Personally we order wigs from Luts, Crobidoll, or Leekworld due to heat resistance and quality. Now Leekeworld we only get in the 6/7 size too because their 7/8 seems to be on the big size as well. I have one on my Fairyland boy and it is loose on him. I need to use velcro on him to keep it from sliding off as it is a clip in ponytail wig, so it is back heavy and will slide off of him. Or my partner makes nice yarn wigs. Best of luck to you!

If you have a denofangels account they have waiting rooms you can always pop into one of those, and that will help with the current wait times you could be expecting. ^^ Never hurts to double check on those. I have waited 7 months for Dollzone before... and then in came in on the wrong body and so I had to wait until 2 months before I actually got the right doll. ORZ. It was a rather long ordeal and in the end I kept it for a month or two and sold it. I am usually okay with waiting, but that was a bit much for me.

UZVTEBc.png
(sorry for vanishing last time whoopsie)

just popping in here to announce that i ordered a new boy at the end of november! >:3 not dollzone snow like i was planning - sorry buddy - but aprilstory liam, since they're closing their english store and discontinuing a whole buttton of dolls

anyway!! supposedly their turnaround is about 2 months so i'll have him in the new year! his name is gonna be Lance! hes so pretty! im excited!!!
(sorry for vanishing last time whoopsie)

just popping in here to announce that i ordered a new boy at the end of november! >:3 not dollzone snow like i was planning - sorry buddy - but aprilstory liam, since they're closing their english store and discontinuing a whole buttton of dolls

anyway!! supposedly their turnaround is about 2 months so i'll have him in the new year! his name is gonna be Lance! hes so pretty! im excited!!!
jsj7i0F.png

GXksSMR.png

jsj7i0F.png

Rq86m6N.png

5YkumXU.png
give me the stupid birds

I like BJD, but they're just too expensive and just not worth the money.
I like BJD, but they're just too expensive and just not worth the money.
{Puppy} {FR +2} {Goat Lover} {22} {They/Them}
1566865007982.png
@CrimsonCatalyst He's gorgeous, congrats!!

@LittlePuppy They may not be worth it to you, but for many people they are worth the money so that's a little unfair and unnecessary to say, especially on a thread that's dedicated to them.
@CrimsonCatalyst He's gorgeous, congrats!!

@LittlePuppy They may not be worth it to you, but for many people they are worth the money so that's a little unfair and unnecessary to say, especially on a thread that's dedicated to them.
art_shop_logo_resized_by_avianannihilator-daagnr2.pngnym_icon_size_by_avianannihilator-dcpufhw.pngudon_noodles_logo_by_avianannihilator-dbp3hgd.pngadopt_logo_by_avianannihilator-dbgvrdt.png
Personally I have a really bad fear of human looking dolls. But I love dragon bjd's!
Personally I have a really bad fear of human looking dolls. But I love dragon bjd's!
@avianannihilator thanks!!! predictably i've already drawn him lmao

i'm honestly totally unprepared for him so im at a loss for what to dress him in n stuff. i have spare wigs but i havent any idea which one to put on him. predicaments?????

@LittlePuppy they're worth it to a lot of folks! you might not have meant it that way, but that did come off as a little degrading. :'3

@Sylvpix and there are more and more gorgeous dragons coming out of the woodworks!! In the resin side of things, Cuarto released an amaaaazing one this year, iirc. That said i dont keep tabs so maybe it was a while ago hehe

@avianannihilator thanks!!! predictably i've already drawn him lmao

i'm honestly totally unprepared for him so im at a loss for what to dress him in n stuff. i have spare wigs but i havent any idea which one to put on him. predicaments?????

@LittlePuppy they're worth it to a lot of folks! you might not have meant it that way, but that did come off as a little degrading. :'3

@Sylvpix and there are more and more gorgeous dragons coming out of the woodworks!! In the resin side of things, Cuarto released an amaaaazing one this year, iirc. That said i dont keep tabs so maybe it was a while ago hehe

jsj7i0F.png

GXksSMR.png

jsj7i0F.png

Rq86m6N.png

5YkumXU.png
give me the stupid birds

Oh my god that is beautiful!
If I wasn't so broke I might buy it RIP
Oh my god that is beautiful!
If I wasn't so broke I might buy it RIP
@CrimsonCatalyst Ah tell me about it! Most of my dolls have no plans for their style or anything, I just stick them in whatever I have that fits and looks alright. One day I might actually work on their personalities and looks, but for now they can sit around in pretty dresses and such (since that seems to be what I end up buying the most despite not collecting female dolls) :'D

I did try to sketch out ideas for them once or twice (I think I posted some here some time ago) but nothing stuck :<
@CrimsonCatalyst Ah tell me about it! Most of my dolls have no plans for their style or anything, I just stick them in whatever I have that fits and looks alright. One day I might actually work on their personalities and looks, but for now they can sit around in pretty dresses and such (since that seems to be what I end up buying the most despite not collecting female dolls) :'D

I did try to sketch out ideas for them once or twice (I think I posted some here some time ago) but nothing stuck :<
1 2 ... 416 417 418 419 420 421 422