Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | BJDs and other dollies
1 2 ... 394 395 396 397 398 ... 421 422
@bandit1971

I finally did a bit of snooping and figured out what happened! On the outside, Infiniti appeared to vanish into thin air, but it seems the reason is a bit tangential: the sculptor(?) who established Infiniti was someone who broke off from Luts - he also worked for Dearmine. He was accused of leaking and copying some of Luts' designs for cat anthro dolls on Dearmine, so Luts sued him, and won - effectively taking Infiniti down with him too. Most of that's garnered from doa and this statement here.

Heh, at least I'm not too bothered by the magnets. I'll probably just leave them; they're only trouble when I want to open them.

and! i!!! love all your precious little cuties omg!!!! :D Prim and Keir are my faves, i'm definitely not biased just because they're readheads - no sirree <3
Please give kier a pat for me and tell him happy birthday.

I'll probably snoop through your flickr, but i dont have account myself, so we'll see how well i figure out how to navigate lmao.

@kimmu mm, yeah makes sense!! I'm east coast too, but I imagine it's gotta be tricky for the asia-based companies to haul all the way out here for such a thing.

>:O I love them tooooo aaaa!! especially the twins, i have such a weakness for duos and green eyes alike <3 eeeehehehe
@bandit1971

I finally did a bit of snooping and figured out what happened! On the outside, Infiniti appeared to vanish into thin air, but it seems the reason is a bit tangential: the sculptor(?) who established Infiniti was someone who broke off from Luts - he also worked for Dearmine. He was accused of leaking and copying some of Luts' designs for cat anthro dolls on Dearmine, so Luts sued him, and won - effectively taking Infiniti down with him too. Most of that's garnered from doa and this statement here.

Heh, at least I'm not too bothered by the magnets. I'll probably just leave them; they're only trouble when I want to open them.

and! i!!! love all your precious little cuties omg!!!! :D Prim and Keir are my faves, i'm definitely not biased just because they're readheads - no sirree <3
Please give kier a pat for me and tell him happy birthday.

I'll probably snoop through your flickr, but i dont have account myself, so we'll see how well i figure out how to navigate lmao.

@kimmu mm, yeah makes sense!! I'm east coast too, but I imagine it's gotta be tricky for the asia-based companies to haul all the way out here for such a thing.

>:O I love them tooooo aaaa!! especially the twins, i have such a weakness for duos and green eyes alike <3 eeeehehehe
jsj7i0F.png

GXksSMR.png

jsj7i0F.png

Rq86m6N.png

5YkumXU.png
give me the stupid birds

8yJJEur.pngVZGtQue.png8KQXC3X.pngL2fmqQ8.pngwC1KtX9.png6H6WBlh.png

@kimmu

I've actually been to the PNW Bjd Expo! It was... two years ago? I believe. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't fantastic, at least not by anime convention means and I somehow got roped into taking over a table for someone despite not being there for that aha. (It was a friend's table at least.) They've got a bigger venue now if I remember right, but I don't drive so I have no way to go back up there.

(Also your Bluefairy twins are adorable! )

@CrimsonCatalyst

Oh man, I think I actually remember that whole fiasco. Not the original suing portion, but the KFD Cori part. (I've actually played with one in person - she's super cute.) Most of the time when a company goes under it's because they've done something to upset another one aha. There was a huge fight between Leekeworld and Dust of Dolls there for a while too. People were accusing Leeke's Art Body of being a copy of one of the Dust of Doll's bodies (idr which I've never been a fan of them so I've never bothered to remember.) A little while ago Fairyland (and I think SOOM?) both got in trouble for copying artists (as in illustrations/artwork) for parts of their dolls. Took the concept/actual theme and just did whatever with it. I believe it was a pair of horns/vampire-y thing for SOOM, and the F60 Rin and Celine's weapons for Fairyland....

Ahh thank you for loving Prim and Keir ! ;w; Those two along with Maeve and Cruz are my own personal favorites. I adore redheads coughsmygirlfriendcoughs so the more gingers I can get the better

@kimmu

I've actually been to the PNW Bjd Expo! It was... two years ago? I believe. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't fantastic, at least not by anime convention means and I somehow got roped into taking over a table for someone despite not being there for that aha. (It was a friend's table at least.) They've got a bigger venue now if I remember right, but I don't drive so I have no way to go back up there.

(Also your Bluefairy twins are adorable! )

@CrimsonCatalyst

Oh man, I think I actually remember that whole fiasco. Not the original suing portion, but the KFD Cori part. (I've actually played with one in person - she's super cute.) Most of the time when a company goes under it's because they've done something to upset another one aha. There was a huge fight between Leekeworld and Dust of Dolls there for a while too. People were accusing Leeke's Art Body of being a copy of one of the Dust of Doll's bodies (idr which I've never been a fan of them so I've never bothered to remember.) A little while ago Fairyland (and I think SOOM?) both got in trouble for copying artists (as in illustrations/artwork) for parts of their dolls. Took the concept/actual theme and just did whatever with it. I believe it was a pair of horns/vampire-y thing for SOOM, and the F60 Rin and Celine's weapons for Fairyland....

Ahh thank you for loving Prim and Keir ! ;w; Those two along with Maeve and Cruz are my own personal favorites. I adore redheads coughsmygirlfriendcoughs so the more gingers I can get the better

asddfhgjk So many notifications

@bandit1971

lolol Yep I love my Vinyl bbs <3 ANYHOW YES got a Dollfie, speak of them! I posted a couple of pics of her on flickr over the past few months and I'm currently saving for another one off of Yahoo Japan Auctions via proxy bc the ones I want are cheaper over there :p BUT ANYHOW her name is Akira and she is just a cutie patoot and I love her to bitssssssss. Stole Ophelia's wig tho but she also looks rlly good in the one anime eye pair I had laying around :v She'll get more clothes eventually.

@kimmu

I think that sums up the activities from last time that I've heard of. Depending on how much you're putting on the table to access the event, I'd think it'd be worth going even if you didn't make the Doll party.

@DapperQueen

Lol Yeah, I've got a floating head that still needs a body (Not resin tho but the body will be after this next doll.). I hear Iple is quite nice, but the pricetag still kinda has me in shambles hopes-wise of attaining one. :P And as bandit explained, a DD is a Dollfie Dream, which is a 1/3 Vinyl anime doll made by Volks. Multitude of different sculpts.

@CrimsonCatalyst

lol Yeah they made sure I was alright with it and let me pick all the details (Would've chosen a different doll but I was impatient at the time. >.>;;;;;). As for what I do, right now I like to photograph my ladies (Once I get Ophelia eye putty... and a new wig.) even though I don't do it as often as I'd like to.

Lol Yeah but worst comes to worst, like you said I can always turn around and change her into something completely different that does pertain to my interests. Although I looked on Yahoo Japan Auction and the Mikus seem to be closer to the realm of possibility than Sabers atm so... I'll probably bring her in after 2-3 years of "THIS IS I- No... Not really..."

I'm 1/5 of the way there. QvQ Getting there, slowly.

asddfhgjk So many notifications

@bandit1971

lolol Yep I love my Vinyl bbs <3 ANYHOW YES got a Dollfie, speak of them! I posted a couple of pics of her on flickr over the past few months and I'm currently saving for another one off of Yahoo Japan Auctions via proxy bc the ones I want are cheaper over there :p BUT ANYHOW her name is Akira and she is just a cutie patoot and I love her to bitssssssss. Stole Ophelia's wig tho but she also looks rlly good in the one anime eye pair I had laying around :v She'll get more clothes eventually.

@kimmu

I think that sums up the activities from last time that I've heard of. Depending on how much you're putting on the table to access the event, I'd think it'd be worth going even if you didn't make the Doll party.

@DapperQueen

Lol Yeah, I've got a floating head that still needs a body (Not resin tho but the body will be after this next doll.). I hear Iple is quite nice, but the pricetag still kinda has me in shambles hopes-wise of attaining one. :P And as bandit explained, a DD is a Dollfie Dream, which is a 1/3 Vinyl anime doll made by Volks. Multitude of different sculpts.

@CrimsonCatalyst

lol Yeah they made sure I was alright with it and let me pick all the details (Would've chosen a different doll but I was impatient at the time. >.>;;;;;). As for what I do, right now I like to photograph my ladies (Once I get Ophelia eye putty... and a new wig.) even though I don't do it as often as I'd like to.

Lol Yeah but worst comes to worst, like you said I can always turn around and change her into something completely different that does pertain to my interests. Although I looked on Yahoo Japan Auction and the Mikus seem to be closer to the realm of possibility than Sabers atm so... I'll probably bring her in after 2-3 years of "THIS IS I- No... Not really..."

I'm 1/5 of the way there. QvQ Getting there, slowly.

signature.jpg has stopped responding. Please refresh the page to view the file.
@Disconnect

Ahhh she's super cute ;w; I actually haven't checked Flickr in a while aha.... I still super want a vinyl doll but nothings been right so far. One day though! (My roommate really wants Len so that might happen one day xD We'll see lol.) Naturally I still really want Mio Akiyama =P But there are a few others I like and wouldn't mind owning either, depending.

What's the one you're saving up for? OwO
@Disconnect

Ahhh she's super cute ;w; I actually haven't checked Flickr in a while aha.... I still super want a vinyl doll but nothings been right so far. One day though! (My roommate really wants Len so that might happen one day xD We'll see lol.) Naturally I still really want Mio Akiyama =P But there are a few others I like and wouldn't mind owning either, depending.

What's the one you're saving up for? OwO
@bandit1971

I'd say watch Yahoo Japan Auctions for one then as sometimes they'll pop up at a pretty low cost (You need a proxy tho and only one I know is buyee so I'm going that way). I actually started watching K-On last night, but I don't think I'll pick up a DD for one of them (Len is qt from what I've seen and heard so I'd say they should go for it lol)

Atm I'm saving for a Miku orrr if I go far enough without winning one, possibly a Saber. Miku's been popping up for less than on Mandarake and Jungle, so she might be next up to join my group Then a new body for my floating 09 head (And complete it) and I'm done w vinyls for a bit after bc 3 is a good amount as I don't wanna go overboard on it

@bandit1971

I'd say watch Yahoo Japan Auctions for one then as sometimes they'll pop up at a pretty low cost (You need a proxy tho and only one I know is buyee so I'm going that way). I actually started watching K-On last night, but I don't think I'll pick up a DD for one of them (Len is qt from what I've seen and heard so I'd say they should go for it lol)

Atm I'm saving for a Miku orrr if I go far enough without winning one, possibly a Saber. Miku's been popping up for less than on Mandarake and Jungle, so she might be next up to join my group Then a new body for my floating 09 head (And complete it) and I'm done w vinyls for a bit after bc 3 is a good amount as I don't wanna go overboard on it

@CrimsonCatalyst

I KNOW. I am so excited for my centaur! I will be having her sipped to me in May. Which is the best time because my birthday is in May! It was meant to be my birthday gift anyways. X3 I'm so stoked! I just don't know what I'm going to do with her yet because I have so many ideas. I need to know her personality!

Also, I am getting my little imp YOSD back, too. She had issues. Dx

But your Avalanche! O W O I love seeing him every time you post pictures.

@bandit1971

I hope so! D: Because I would be so sad if you had to wait till a weekday. But if she showed up on the weekend of a short week I wouldn't be able to open her till after my work week anyways. WHICH WOULD MAKE ME CRY.

But that is good to know!

@Disconnect

Oooh! I see, I see. :) But yeah, my wife really, really wanted to get this one Iple. But we had no reason not to let her try to get her through a layaway. So it all worked out. :D I'm really excited for her to come. Apparently she is ready to ship, and I'm pretty sure they had shipped her, but didn't update. 'Cause it's almost been a week since they updated with the "getting ready to ship" sort of status.

Oooh. I do like those dolls, too. They are really cool! I don't know when I would get one... Or even where they are avaliable.
@CrimsonCatalyst

I KNOW. I am so excited for my centaur! I will be having her sipped to me in May. Which is the best time because my birthday is in May! It was meant to be my birthday gift anyways. X3 I'm so stoked! I just don't know what I'm going to do with her yet because I have so many ideas. I need to know her personality!

Also, I am getting my little imp YOSD back, too. She had issues. Dx

But your Avalanche! O W O I love seeing him every time you post pictures.

@bandit1971

I hope so! D: Because I would be so sad if you had to wait till a weekday. But if she showed up on the weekend of a short week I wouldn't be able to open her till after my work week anyways. WHICH WOULD MAKE ME CRY.

But that is good to know!

@Disconnect

Oooh! I see, I see. :) But yeah, my wife really, really wanted to get this one Iple. But we had no reason not to let her try to get her through a layaway. So it all worked out. :D I'm really excited for her to come. Apparently she is ready to ship, and I'm pretty sure they had shipped her, but didn't update. 'Cause it's almost been a week since they updated with the "getting ready to ship" sort of status.

Oooh. I do like those dolls, too. They are really cool! I don't know when I would get one... Or even where they are avaliable.
tumblr_inline_nrj53lAKh41rbfe8q_500_zpsqiquog40.gif
@DapperQueen

Ahhhh I can't do layaways. Glad it all worked out in the end and hopefully she was shipped out! Post pics when she arrives, I'd love to see her. :)

kekekekeke... I can help with that. ;3 You could get one from VOLKS' doll website, as the standards are sold there (WARNING THOUGH: They're going to discontinue their current lineup for Standards. Idr if they're going to continue it or not) and that's where they hold their occassional lottos for their copyrighted DDs (This one forum I'm on announces ones coming up. Rn they're working on Emilia from Re:Zero and Kirito and (Alfheim) Asuna from SAO). For getting ones secondhand (Mostly ones from lottos that've happened already), you can check Mandarake, Jungle and Yahoo! Japan Auctions (You can also find custom ones here in the standard heads. Can get good deals on this one if you watch. Gonna need a proxy unless you live in Japan (I'm prob gonna use buyee).) Like Resins, don't use Ebay or Amazon, mostly bc they're overpriced DDs are difficult to recast bc materials

tl;dr Watch Volks' International website and social media. For previous dolls, watch Mandarake, Anime Jungle and Yahoo Japan Auctions (If you've got a proxy. If not, use buyee for proxying.).
@DapperQueen

Ahhhh I can't do layaways. Glad it all worked out in the end and hopefully she was shipped out! Post pics when she arrives, I'd love to see her. :)

kekekekeke... I can help with that. ;3 You could get one from VOLKS' doll website, as the standards are sold there (WARNING THOUGH: They're going to discontinue their current lineup for Standards. Idr if they're going to continue it or not) and that's where they hold their occassional lottos for their copyrighted DDs (This one forum I'm on announces ones coming up. Rn they're working on Emilia from Re:Zero and Kirito and (Alfheim) Asuna from SAO). For getting ones secondhand (Mostly ones from lottos that've happened already), you can check Mandarake, Jungle and Yahoo! Japan Auctions (You can also find custom ones here in the standard heads. Can get good deals on this one if you watch. Gonna need a proxy unless you live in Japan (I'm prob gonna use buyee).) Like Resins, don't use Ebay or Amazon, mostly bc they're overpriced DDs are difficult to recast bc materials

tl;dr Watch Volks' International website and social media. For previous dolls, watch Mandarake, Anime Jungle and Yahoo Japan Auctions (If you've got a proxy. If not, use buyee for proxying.).
@Disconnect

Like.. idk I don't even obsess over K-ON or anything? I cried last night when refinishing cardcaptor sakura but I really like Mio, and I really like her as a dollfie dream so it kinda works out for me? xD Not enough that I'll die if I never own her, but if I was to get any one that I really wanted besides them maybe doing a CCS group or something Mio would be it. Although there's another one I really like. Uh... Mariko! Yii. I've seen a lot of cute Marikos so that would be another one I'd debate getting xD (mainly this one because those clothes are really cute aha.)

And I'm glad to hear that you're still after Miku! OwO Also glad to hear that her prices have gone down (cause dang they were pretty bad originally.) I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll still manage to get her C: I've been telling myself I don't need to try and buy all of her random outfits aha...

@DapperQueen
we'll make something work i s2g 8l

OH RIGHT. My Oscardoll eyes arrived today! I'll have to wait a bit for the weather to get nice and...not so muddy. Dapper knows what I mean aha But I really love both pairs and need to figure out what I'll do with the second ones xP Cause I've only got one doll to use them aha...
@Disconnect

Like.. idk I don't even obsess over K-ON or anything? I cried last night when refinishing cardcaptor sakura but I really like Mio, and I really like her as a dollfie dream so it kinda works out for me? xD Not enough that I'll die if I never own her, but if I was to get any one that I really wanted besides them maybe doing a CCS group or something Mio would be it. Although there's another one I really like. Uh... Mariko! Yii. I've seen a lot of cute Marikos so that would be another one I'd debate getting xD (mainly this one because those clothes are really cute aha.)

And I'm glad to hear that you're still after Miku! OwO Also glad to hear that her prices have gone down (cause dang they were pretty bad originally.) I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll still manage to get her C: I've been telling myself I don't need to try and buy all of her random outfits aha...

@DapperQueen
we'll make something work i s2g 8l

OH RIGHT. My Oscardoll eyes arrived today! I'll have to wait a bit for the weather to get nice and...not so muddy. Dapper knows what I mean aha But I really love both pairs and need to figure out what I'll do with the second ones xP Cause I've only got one doll to use them aha...
@bandit1971

Understandable, and Mariko is a cutie! But she doesn't seem to fit the style I'd like in sculpts as I find myself chasing the more cutesy, wide eyed girls. Altho if I got a Mio, it'd be Idolm@ster Mio bc asdfhghkjkl she's so pretty!

Oh yeah her prices are nice on Yahoo. On Manda she'll occassionallyyyyyyyyy pop up for $500 (Same w snow), so tbh either way she's not too expensive considering the prices of the other ones. Ikr?! Tbh I think there's only 3 I plan on getting: Siren, Mikuzukin and (eventually) Deep Sea whenever it releases. After 09 body when I figure out what I'm doing with it

ALSO Volks released a teaser of Kirito today and if Asuna's Alfheim turns out as pretty I may just jump into a Lotto if I have enough for her by then ;;;;; I didn't like Alfheim/SAO v much but HOT DANG THAT OUTFIT and her original sculpt was qt
@bandit1971

Understandable, and Mariko is a cutie! But she doesn't seem to fit the style I'd like in sculpts as I find myself chasing the more cutesy, wide eyed girls. Altho if I got a Mio, it'd be Idolm@ster Mio bc asdfhghkjkl she's so pretty!

Oh yeah her prices are nice on Yahoo. On Manda she'll occassionallyyyyyyyyy pop up for $500 (Same w snow), so tbh either way she's not too expensive considering the prices of the other ones. Ikr?! Tbh I think there's only 3 I plan on getting: Siren, Mikuzukin and (eventually) Deep Sea whenever it releases. After 09 body when I figure out what I'm doing with it

ALSO Volks released a teaser of Kirito today and if Asuna's Alfheim turns out as pretty I may just jump into a Lotto if I have enough for her by then ;;;;; I didn't like Alfheim/SAO v much but HOT DANG THAT OUTFIT and her original sculpt was qt
@Disconnect

Ah yeah, I've seen his teaser. I've never bothered to watch SAO though I do like their character designs xD Either way, I guess my opinion is "any new boy body is good" lol. The more male DDs sold, the more of a chance for hybrids. (While I am very pleased with the idea of collecting girls and girls only, I know my roommate would rather have male vinyl around for himself =P Plus if they release enough boy bodies maybe I can get customs done for two characters I love. not that I need fan dolls.... )
@Disconnect

Ah yeah, I've seen his teaser. I've never bothered to watch SAO though I do like their character designs xD Either way, I guess my opinion is "any new boy body is good" lol. The more male DDs sold, the more of a chance for hybrids. (While I am very pleased with the idea of collecting girls and girls only, I know my roommate would rather have male vinyl around for himself =P Plus if they release enough boy bodies maybe I can get customs done for two characters I love. not that I need fan dolls.... )
1 2 ... 394 395 396 397 398 ... 421 422